Comments

• kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think the Ferengi are the QA
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    porchsong wrote: »
    Thomas Jefferson (April 13, 1743 (April 2, 1743 O.S.) ? July 4, 1826) was an American Founding Father, the principal author of the Declaration of Independence (1776) and the third President of the United States (1801?1809). At the beginning of the American Revolution, he served in the Continental Congress, representing Virginia and then served as a wartime Governor of Virginia (1779?1781). Just after the war ended, from mid-1784 Jefferson served as a diplomat, stationed in Paris. In May 1785, he became the United States Minister to France.
    Jefferson was the first United States Secretary of State (1790?1793) serving under President George Washington. With his close friend James Madison he organized the Democratic-Republican Party, and subsequently resigned from Washington's cabinet. Elected Vice President in 1796, when he came in second to John Adams of the Federalists, Jefferson opposed Adams and with Madison secretly wrote the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions, which attempted to nullify the Alien and Sedition Acts.
    Elected president in what Jefferson called the Revolution of 1800, he oversaw the purchase of the vast Louisiana Territory from France (1803), and sent the Lewis and Clark Expedition (1804?1806) to explore the new west. His second term was beset with troubles at home, such as the failed treason trial of his former Vice President Aaron Burr. With escalating trouble with Britain who was challenging American neutrality and threatening shipping at sea, he tried economic warfare with his embargo laws which only damaged American trade. In 1803, President Jefferson initiated a process of Indian tribal removal and relocation to the Louisiana Territory west of the Mississippi River, in order to open lands for eventual American settlers.[2]
    A leader in the Enlightenment, Jefferson was a polymath who spoke five languages fluently and was deeply interested in science, invention, architecture, religion and philosophy, interests that led him to the founding of the University of Virginia after his presidency. He designed his own large mansion on a 5,000 acre plantation near Charlottesville, Virginia, which he named Monticello. While not a notable orator, Jefferson was a skilled writer and corresponded with many influential people in America and Europe throughout his adult life.[3]
    Though Jefferson owned many slaves, he opposed the institution all his life and consequently treated and took care of them very well and expected them to work no more than free farmers. Since 1802 historians and others have been divided over the controversy of whether Jefferson was the father of one or more children belonging to Sally Hemings, a slave at Monticello." Historians are also in disagreement with how much Jefferson was committed to the anti-slavery cause. In 1807, President Jefferson signed into law a bill that banned the importation of slaves into the United States. After Martha Jefferson, his wife of eleven years, died in 1782, Jefferson remained a widower for the rest of his life; their marriage produced six children, of whom two survived to adulthood.
    Though Jefferson has been criticized by many modern day scholars over the issue of slavery, he remains rated as one of the greatest U.S. presidents.[4][5]

hey man just FYI i'm A US Mairne i love our countries history, but not everyone on here is in the US and i know that a lot of people arent the fond of us, anyway my fav. guy from history is Chesty Puller look him up sometime
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • joker13874joker13874 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Up:D and Down, Up and down is a famous song...
    www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
    Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rhysdeltarhysdelta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just to note that the servers are online but the developers are currently making it unavailable for play during hardware upgrades.
    Rhys Delta
    Head of Technical Services
    TaskForce Atlantis
    www.taskforceatlantis.com
    STO Forums Join Date: August 2009
  • alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I managed to log in for a while minute before the operators aborted all logins.

Whee.

So, trying to play STO anytime in the month of May is a Dabo game. :P

Maybe this new login minigame will let you log in, like sometimes you hit a Dabo. Most of the time...fail. Wait a minute, try again... :P
  • captaindencaptainden Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nuanil wrote: »
    Someone had the munchies and gobbled up the Doritos they used to repair the downtime last weekend.

Not for long I bet,,,:rolleyes:
  • papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There goes the test weekend

glad i got my hour of open beta time in last night :D
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2013
    from the twittersphere

Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 5m ago
    Hi Captains. The team continues to investigate the network outage and is working on getting you back in-game ASAP.
  • materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to login, but when I got everything loaded, it said server unavailable.
  • bam76bam76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So lets do a weekend try of the tribble for Romulan Leagacy but oh by the way, its server is going to be down and we will just leave you pissed off.. Ooops..:mad:
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the 21st, even this forum will be down :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

I am not logging on the 21st or any time after that until things get settled down. It isn't worth it.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • osena109osena109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is soild i just wish they would go buy more servers there will be alot of people comeing back just to play this i have never herd of companey putting 3 mmos on one server
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wait so at this very moment we are paying for this????...I demand me monies :D
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic here is something you may want to look into

QUALITY CONTROL
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, Captains. That ETA was inaccurate as we're now going to conduct a few network hardware changes before we bring the games and servers back up. I'll update the thread once I know more.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Listen, why don't you just leave it down until you have a chance to hire someone to come in and take a look at for you to see what is really wrong.
    What you are doing isn't working and this week long yo-yo effect is getting old.
    The money we pay you collectively should cover the expense.
  • kaptaindetarikaptaindetari Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't even get through the full load, b4 it crashed again. lol
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the Lifetime and the dang Legacy of Romulus pack ugh!!!!!

Come on guys this really getting disturbing.......and another thing,

SEPARATE THE DARN GAMES! Who's brilliant idea was to do that, Wesley? Jar Jar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Relax lads! I've discovered something AMAZING. From now on, you can enjoy the treat of your favourite developer! Enjoy some MINI TACOS!

Ingredients:

24 wonton wrappers

1 pound lean ground beef

1 (1.12 ounce) package Pace? Dry Taco Seasoning Mix

2 tablespoons Pace? Picante Sauce

1/2 cup Pace? Chunky Salsa

1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
    Press wonton wrappers into mini-muffin cups.
    Cook beef in skillet until browned. Drain off fat. Stir in taco seasoning mix and picante sauce.
    Spoon beef mixture into wonton cups. Top with salsa and cheese.
    Bake about 8 minutes or until wontons are golden brown.
    Serve immediately with additional salsa. Garnish with sour cream and sliced ripe olives if desired. Makes 24 appetizers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we are the servers.
    we will add additional downtime's and disconnections to to youre own.
    youre purchased zen ships and spend money will belong to us.
    trying to loginn is futile.

server and cryptic at tenagra.
    a random dc, on the ocean
    the dc on tanagra, shaka when the downtime started.
    the server,not working when combined with (never) winter
  • jhymesbajhymesba Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    How about you take some time off from moaning...

...to ***** about other people moaning, with you and your sock puppet! :)
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    d3viantone wrote: »
    Star Trek Offline

Said no one EVER
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    You finally realised the 16 bit ISA network card isnt good enough?

Thats what they upgraded to from the MCA cards last week XD

To Branflakes: Thanks for keeping us updated anyways, you are just the middleman after all :)
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    This is what you get in a "perfect world".
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • vlertvlert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys it's okay. http://sto.perfectworld.com/ says server status is up. So we can all stop whining and log on now. Right. They wouldn't leave that showing green if we couldn't play right. So it's all good. Lets go play now.
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    even as i type here i'm downloading Lord of the Rings online... for a couple weeks good by star trek. i will be back i'm just going to let things settle first
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who has played an mmo before knows that those kinds of interruptions aren't uncommon. You can pretty much expect them to happen in every mmo shortly before and after major content updates are released and occasionally "out of the blue". It's not only Cryptic. Even the almighty Blizzard with all of it's rescources still has them after more than a decade of running online games.

It's simple: "Never play on patch day".

Too bad its not patch day. Nor was the outage before that, nor the 1 before that, oh yaaaaa or the 1 before that.

Having your MAIN server on the same infrastructure as EVERYTHING else, is MORONIC and frugal to the point of stupidity. PLAIN and SIMPLE. Full stop, end of story.

Yes every mmo has outages, planned and unplanned. It is the nature of the beast. However, with backups and proper infrastructure, if 1 thing falls (website, login-server, main server, account portal) it should NOT drag down EVERYTHING else in the whole system...

Rationalize it however you may, this is not good business.
  • punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank God I'll be over the road soon............hopefully (in another 3 years) they will have this taken care of :rolleyes:
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double Diamond weekend in NW, new stuff on Tribble and renewed interest in STO from randoms due to Into Darkness. Something tells me Cryptic didnt prepare themselves for this.

NAUGHTY CRYPTIC!
  • bydawinbydawin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Neverwinter team are willing to tell us more. They are saying about an hour.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
  • starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Simple naza space station was atact and one cool down system receved a direct it and it's the one suporting criptic server so what apend it over heated and boom whent down ...
This discussion has been closed.