What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Network Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    necriemoonnecriemoon Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay, on my one day off of the weekend, which happens to be the Tribble test weekend....:mad:

Seriously... did you guys put the Tribble test weekend on the same weekend as the double astral diamond weekend for Neverwinter on purpose to test server/network load, or was that a fatally hilarious oversight ? :(
  • Options
    jimmyjames81196jimmyjames81196 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the servers are unstable arrgh im in for 5 sec then the launcher crashes im just trying to patch so i can go on tribble
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give them a chance. when the servers go up everyone rushes to log in and the server drops out again. They need to stabilise it before every can get on
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    lets take bets on how many outages we get today, I am on for 7 lol
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    wippetgoodwippetgood Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Windows just can't handle the load.
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xalexkx wrote: »
    ok guys, cya in 2 hours when servers will be down again

correction, 4 hours. the tribbles are on strike again.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all im getting is the website is curently offline in a box with a white background ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad:
  • Options
    howtokhowtok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow after 5min uptime fails again......
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic must be after ea's worst company award.

They got my vote!
  • Options
    punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tis a sad day when you cant even play an open beta.......hmm i have an idea, lets keep crashing the servers so the players cant get dilithium and force them to pay real money to get dilithium from Chinese farmers and make us some money off these idiots :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, Captains. That ETA was inaccurate as we're now going to conduct a few network hardware changes before we bring the games and servers back up. I'll update the thread once I know more.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    jculbertjculbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope the test weekend gets extended a day for people who have to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.fleet7.com
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2013

For how long, 5 minutes?
  • Options
    solcratessolcrates Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got 10
    !!
  • Options
    foxhunt75foxhunt75 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to log in, choose a character and get into the game... for about 10 seconds, then the server stopped responding and booted me again. :mad:

It was fixed for about 5 minutes.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to get back in for about 2 minutes then disconnected yet again! :mad:

Haha same here, need to get my tribble test reward hour in before I go to work. I was going to buy a life sub tomorrow too. I dont think I will.

At least all this downtime is happening before LoR and not during (hopefully not during anyway haha).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about you take some time off from moaning to read about one of England's greatest scientist?

Charles Darwin!

Charles Robert Darwin, FRS (12 February 1809 ? 19 April 1882) was an English naturalist. He established that all species of life have descended over time from common ancestors,[1] and proposed the scientific theory that this branching pattern of evolution resulted from a process that he called natural selection, in which the struggle for existence has a similar effect to the artificial selection involved in selective breeding.[2]

Darwin published his theory of evolution with compelling evidence in his 1859 book On the Origin of Species, overcoming scientific rejection of earlier concepts of transmutation of species.[3][4] By the 1870s the scientific community and much of the general public had accepted evolution as a fact. However, many favoured competing explanations and it was not until the emergence of the modern evolutionary synthesis from the 1930s to the 1950s that a broad consensus developed in which natural selection was the basic mechanism of evolution.[5][6] In modified form, Darwin's scientific discovery is the unifying theory of the life sciences, explaining the diversity of life.[7][8]

Read here for more information!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello. Just five minutes ago I tried to open to the launcher and then a message that said

Trying to Update the launcher
    Please be patient
    Tried Connecting 1 time. A little bit after that it says 2 times shortly after that I get the unable to establish connection to patch server message
    Oh, my gawd, I just had the exact same trouble like 2 weeks ago is everyone having this problem, again?

Please reply ASAP.
    thank you.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Benjamin Franklin (January 17, 1706 [O.S. January 6, 1705][Note 1][Note 2] ? April 17, 1790) was one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. A noted polymath, Franklin was a leading author, printer, political theorist, politician, postmaster, scientist, musician, inventor, satirist, civic activist, statesman, and diplomat. As a scientist, he was a major figure in the American Enlightenment and the history of physics for his discoveries and theories regarding electricity. He invented the lightning rod, bifocals, the Franklin stove, a carriage odometer, and the glass 'armonica'.[1] He facilitated many civic organizations, including a fire department and a university.
    Franklin earned the title of "The First American" for his early and indefatigable campaigning for colonial unity; as an author and spokesman in London for several colonies, then as the first United States Ambassador to France, he exemplified the emerging American nation.[2] Franklin was foundational in defining the American ethos as a marriage of the practical values of thrift, hard work, education, community spirit, self-governing institutions, and opposition to authoritarianism both political and religious, with the scientific and tolerant values of the Enlightenment. In the words of historian Henry Steele Commager, "In a Franklin could be merged the virtues of Puritanism without its defects, the illumination of the Enlightenment without its heat."[3] To Walter Isaacson, this makes Franklin "the most accomplished American of his age and the most influential in inventing the type of society America would become."[4]
    Franklin, always proud of his working class roots, became a successful newspaper editor and printer in Philadelphia, the leading city in the colonies.[5] He was also partners with William Goddard and Joseph Galloway the three of whom published the Pennsylvania Chronicle, a newspaper that was known for its revolutionary sentiments and criticisms of the British monarchy in the American colonies.[6] He became wealthy publishing Poor Richard's Almanack and The Pennsylvania Gazette.
    Franklin gained international renown as a scientist for his famous experiments in electricity and for his many inventions, especially the lightning rod. He played a major role in establishing the University of Pennsylvania and was elected the first president of the American Philosophical Society. Franklin became a national hero in America when he spearheaded the effort to have Parliament repeal the unpopular Stamp Act. An accomplished diplomat, he was widely admired among the French as American minister to Paris and was a major figure in the development of positive Franco-American relations.
    For many years he was the British postmaster for the colonies, which enabled him to set up the first national communications network. He was active in community affairs, colonial and state politics, as well as national and international affairs. From 1785 to 1788, he served as governor of Pennsylvania. Toward the end of his life, he freed his slaves and became one of the most prominent abolitionists.
    His colorful life and legacy of scientific and political achievement, and status as one of America's most influential Founding Fathers, have seen Franklin honored on coinage and money; warships; the names of many towns, counties, educational institutions, namesakes, and companies; and more than two centuries after his death, countless cultural references.
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    me am in. FUNNNNNNNN
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Special thanks to Cryptic for wiping out the ENTIRE European evening peak time today, its really been appreciated.

PS. What's left to investigate, its happened like 8 times now and you've allegedly fixed it several times already, so?

Oh wait, that's it, you guys still don't have a ****ing clue.

I forgot.
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is becoming disapointing. I have limited time to play anymore and now I can't play at all. Just had to get that out. :(
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013

While the team does that, how bout taking it to the team, devs, whoever, and give us a single day's worth of REFINED dil (8k). Thats the LEAST that im missing out on with the downtimes so far, with contraband turnins....oh and times that by 4 characters...

I'd say that's pretty fair.
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Your father was logged into the server for 11 minutes. He earned 32 Fleet Marks. I expect you to do better."

We're not ready for the chair, so they took it away from us. :P
  • Options
    sarthrinsarthrin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was logged in to tribble and in the middle of play when I got disconnected. Tried to relaunch the game and the launcher wouldn't load. Tried the fix of downloading the newest launcher and it failed as well. It is really frustrating can anyone help?
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpc5_3B5xdk

Somebody put in a request for the Benny Hill theme? here ya go, Mate!

Please remember, Benny Hill & Co. were skilled professionals. Might be insulting to them to use their theme this way.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pfft charles darwin pfft i say!
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Next time please do this in my timezone's nighttime please.
This discussion has been closed.