test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unscheduled/Emergency Network Maintenance (May 9, 2013) (Complete!)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and services in 25 minutes for maintenance and expect it to last for 3 hours. The test server will also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for additional performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we've seen recently.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Cryptic Studios Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic seems to have the lurgy!

Should we bring it some grapes?
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and services in 25 minutes for maintenance and expect it to last for 3 hours. The test server will also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for additional performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we've seen recently.

You must be having a Rory. I just walked in.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    ef261ef261 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The next time there's a maintenance, can it PLEASE not be right when everyone in the UK is coming home from work, or school? -_-
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *grabs popcorn*

Here we go... :D
  • Options
    zardonfarzardonfar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess you should have just kept your normally scheduled maintenance window then? And not have bothered with doing it earlier so players wouldn't loose more time.

Thanks!
  • Options
    vulcanclippervulcanclipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *remembers something about a promise to take care of maintenance during the previous downtime so that there would be no downtime on Thursday* my failing memory or a faulty promise?
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And here we go again lol....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While the team is working to bring up all Cryptic services, we will conduct this week's Holodeck maintenance to avoid scheduled downtime on Thursday.

Trickery, trickery, trickery! You had us all fooled Cryptic, good on you ;)
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, at least this one is announced, rather than suddenly and without notice.

Still... at this point, I'm very worried for Legacy of Romulus...
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    bclark09bclark09 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has any of the downtime in the past two weeks been scheduled?

Really hoping you can pull it together before LoR hits Holodeck...
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Unscheduled maintenance, not scheduled. :rolleyes:

Something must've come up today that requires immediate attention.
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems that the outages and subsequent maintenances have really been shredding up the fleet mark bonus periods, purely by coincidence I'm sure. Still, it would be nice if we could maybe get a fleet mark bonus week in the future, as it's really cutting into the time we can actually spare for farming marks.
  • Options
    aentaaenta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server was working fine right now.

Cryptic: "hm...server's working great, we should fix that"

taking bets on what they break
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hint: Don't tell people there will be no maintanence on the normal day in future, that way it can't come round and bite you in the back side. Even though it is unscheduled it has already been brought up. Yet again EU peak time. How about you do it US peak time next time.

Given the last so called server stability update I won't hold my breath that this one will work.
  • Options
    colinus#1809 colinus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTF is with the servers coming down on all games come on every game cryptic leave up one game then one by one turn off servers only keep champions offline please!
    been a gold player since may 20th 2014
    o:)
  • Options
    johnnojhelmsjohnnojhelms Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since this is becoming almost a regular occurance, how about you just plan in 3 hours of maintenance per day, every day, until it's fixed?

Ontop of that you can of course have actual 'emergency maintenance' when the server starts acting up or goes down, but this really is starting to get ridicilous.

Personally I would rather have more frequent maintenance, as long as it's planned and I know about it beforehand, rather than these 'emergencies' which then last for hours anyway.
  • Options
    xdotsxxdotsx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Today is a national holiday here.

Well done, guys. Well done.
  • Options
    borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they may have found the cause of the trouble, and then they possibly made a fix for it, well i rather dont play 3 houre, and play after maintenance without lag/random dc's.then play with it, just a matter of looking to the case i geuss, well good luck cryptic with the repairs:D
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why don't you schedule a better time to do the maintenance? Especially one that's going to take 3 hours. This is a bad time out of the day to do it.
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    You must be having a Rory.

The waiting 2000 years kind

the completely ignored in every episode kind

or the dying in every other episode kind?
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

This is utter bull, 3 maintanence in a week, its enough already.
    and when Romulus hits youll be equally fubared.
    GET A GRIP!!
  • Options
    shanksboyshanksboy Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh well i always suppose i can go and watch the new JJ film while its down :D
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just as I was about to log on.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    bottleofhatebottleofhate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rut roh, someone set loose the tribbles in the server room?
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lhoygow wrote: »
    While the team is working to bring up all Cryptic services, we will conduct this week's Holodeck maintenance to avoid scheduled downtime on Thursday.

Trickery, trickery! You had us all fooled Cryptic, good on you ;)

It's all in the wording. They said to avoid SCHEDULED downtime.....
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By far cryptic or whoever runs the server is the worst managing company I've ever seen, and I've tried alot of other games in my life. Thank god this game is free to play.
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets see here, with having Neverwinter just being added as a fully-playable game and the recent outages possibly being due to the recent traffic, I deduce that PWE has dropped the ball on their networking hardware and now its coming back to bite them in the rear. I bet when LOR gets launched onto Holodeck their main router (which more than likely is heavily dated by being hand-me-down from Cryptic) will go-up in smoke with a flood of users current and new. No log-in cue will be enough to stop the stress it will suffer.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Please note that normal Thursday maintenance was completed the other day during downtime, and this maintenance is unscheduled/emergency and is critical to help reduce the risk outages going forward. If there was another time we could perform it, we absolutely would, but there is not, unfortunately. We'll be back up ASAP!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    wan5wan5 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are we going to do tonight, Brain?

Tonight we will install yet another useless server stability patch Pinky!

So, shall we take a stab at guessing what cryptic will bork tonight?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cubeageddon - You are the last hope. Find it in the Foundry!
    The Space Race - An alternate to PVP - In Foundry Now!
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let this be a lesson, folks. Don't buy servers at the flea market from the guy that sells Russian Bloc technology microwave ovens. You know the ones .....
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
This discussion has been closed.