test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• jowolf18jowolf18 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Star Trek Online? website is currently down for maintenance. Normal game play is not affected.

Le site de Star Trek? est actuellement en cours de maintenance. Cela n'a pas d'effet sur le jeu.

Die Star Trek?-Webseite ist momentan f?r Wartungsarbeiten offline. Der Spielablauf wird dadurch nicht beeintr?chtigt.

ok they say this on the launcher, but it's still showing Red for the server down....hmmm yeah right Normal gameplay not affected!!
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    szim wrote: »
    Well well well.... Can anybody recommend a good movie?

Dirty or Regular :)
  • tribbletrader411tribbletrader411 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here. I've tried several times with now luck. I even deleted the game and reinstalled with the older version that I had already. still no luck. tried downloading a fresh copy, and the download site is down... what the hell is goin on?
  • jeanlucutusofjeanlucutusof Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    got to login, said website down normal gameplay not affected, then timed out
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps cryptic needs to buy there devs more pizza and beer on fridays.. All Los Gatos has is a double rainbow ice cream parlor and a ferrari dealer at the end of the street.. maybe buy their devs Ferraris and then maybe we would see better service..
    highly unlikely..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so are our servers hosted on the ferengi home world of Ferenginar if so we need to get our latinum back cause they are ripping us off bigtime well atleast i got my hard copy of the omnibus star trek Destiny today
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Handsome Phaserguy is back DEAR GOD!!! he murdered T'TRIBBLE and put her body in the server room.

I was hoping Sexy Romulan Lady would be the one to do her in, but if Handsome Phaser Guy wants to kill her and take back his rightful spot, I say good for him.
  • angryjonny55angryjonny55 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All this down time is annoying, but hopefully it's allowing them to find all the bugs and issues they need to fix so that LOR is able to launch without any major issues.
  • sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, the auto-updater is back online, now for them to get the server online as well!
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So im looking for a title and topic of the next episode of STOked Radio..... Any creative ideas for a title and topic?

"Discovering the Real World"

Since we can't play and have to go outside now.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Error server is online, presumably not part of their main site then? Oh wait..

And they don't pay to host in a server farm with UPS and generator back up, despite running a 24/7 online world that is their entire source of revenue? *Facepalm*

Lets try not to fob people off with ****e rumours that are still no excuse.

I'm telling you what I've heard, not necessarily what's true.

Also, absent a look at their financials and server setup, I couldn't even begin to tell you what they do. I'm betting right now they're pouring money into other areas.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zathri83 wrote: »
    Cryptic is not EA so... :rolleyes:

No, if it were EA, they would tell us all to go to hell while counting the oodles of cash they raked in from the suckers.
  • mrcaton1mrcaton1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This from Twitter: They're going to do regular holodeck maintenance now to avoid bringing things down Thursday. I guess it's not a power outage . . .
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So as a non WOW mmo vet Id like to ask the WOW vets: did you guys ever have any where near as many outages??
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well apparently normal gameplay isnt affected, really? Funny that cos I cant get back in after being kicked off.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The Sun Ahhhhhhhhh!! It Burns My Eyes!!!!!

You should come out my way, we haven't seen the sun in days.
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wish this where twitter, we could make a hashtag like "startrekoffline" and get it trending to make the point that this is seriously uncool.
  • niihainiihai Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jelly0 wrote: »
    Dirty or Regular :)

"Sex Trek II: The Wrath of Co**"...?
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loader is up but servers are yet down.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic games themselves are not on the same server lol. They share a chat server and I think the log in/authentication server (maybe?) but that's about it. There's been plenty of times that one game has been down when the other was not. If I remember, Bflakes said that if all the games go down at once, it's a network issue.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • woodyice2470woodyice2470 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally have a login screen but not expecting anything else
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where is Cryptic's official post about this?!?!?!?
  • joker13874joker13874 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in search of the lost server...
    www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
    Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wardmattwardmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as seeing the seem to be having problem since neverwinter went into open beta.
    i have deduced that this is there problem.
    Server suggestion
    How it is now is the bad way.

They should look into changing it to the side marked Good.

The games should have no connection to each other unless it is not possible to separate it. for example the pwe account server. but there the should have 3 separate connection for each game.

If it is already this way then it is time to upgrade the hardware.
    "We've Been Looking For The Enemy For Some Time Now. We've Finally Found Him. We're Surrounded. That Simplifies Things"
    - Lewis Burwell "chesty" Puller
    How Romulans Should Choose What Faction They Are In
  • koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrcaton1 wrote: »
    This from Twitter: They're going to do regular holodeck maintenance now to avoid bringing things down Thursday. I guess it's not a power outage . . .

Eh. I'm curious, but Cryptic isn't really the type to give a lot of information out, and a power outage would make sense (hell, even one for a few seconds). But maybe they ran out of memory. Or something.
  • woodyice2470woodyice2470 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At last im in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erathielerathiel Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it be EA you will see something alike "if you will complain about server crash on offcial forums you can bet your thread/post will be deleted and your account banned for eternity"

oh and you could forget to contact support becouse they will say the same and you will hear that you could loose your account, so we should be happy cryptic still is not part of EA :P
  • ishapza1ishapza1 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got back in as far as the "connecting to login server" screen. Now it just keeps bombing out.
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've never really experienced the "constant lag" you're talking about... but these outages are infact annoying.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • wulfedwulfed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems the launcher is back online, but the servers are still down, must of had to reboot.
This discussion has been closed.