test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• darkmike1986darkmike1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As i posted in a different post related to server crash, Cryptic's Biggest fail and reason for all the crashing is that they tie all the launchers and servers together... Which leads to many pissy customers who will want to leave said fail MMO servers and fond another game to play unrelated to cryptic... bad for gaming and bad for business... plain and simple...
  • oowoonoowoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stuf86 wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous... let's hope this one doesn't last for 5+ hours like yesterday's fiasco.

But wasn't there an update yesterday? Or was that the day before?
  • tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    Prove it didn't...times infinity! Ha! XD

Release Notes: April 25, 2013
    General server stability improvements.

Release Notes: March 28, 2013

Done.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »

I seriously doubt your setup and number/relative complexity of what you are running is even remotely close to the setup they are running.

Implying you know next to anything at all? Scalability is simple, its the core dynamic that determines if the system stays stable.

There is a core issue with their overall setup. My surmise is the bottleneck of centralizing accounts for multiple games through one account server.

Firing up a game server to even three thousand clients is very easy if you have the proper bandwidth and hardware. Multiple instancing is a complete breeze, if you have the processing power. All of the shiny blades in the world wont run a game of 50 thousand if you are all routed through ONE central box, be it a load balancer or a login server hosting multiple games.

That is cryptics problem.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Be patient.

I mean real patient.

Theese things happen... Just wait for it

(I wonder how many of these it takes for you to go drunk).

To be honest, last night by the time the game went back up, I was in no condition to play any longer.

Good times ! :D

Life gives you lemons, make hard lemonade
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• agresiel2agresiel2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same bug, cannot log on :/
    MY SPEED RECORDS KASE: 13:38 CSE: 13:52 ISE: 13:51 HSE: 2:58 NWS: 6:35

Solo STF's With Optional ISE: 3:34
    i have all logs saved of these so if you would like to view them send me a pm and it can be arranged :)
  • vfr750fvfr750f Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, now they have cool down on the forum. That means 200 pages will be 24 hours.
  • mattyou4mattyou4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the last game i played they had the same problem we are having hear they spent $7000 on a clone server and s eked dsl line so theirs no chance of them ever gowning down, and even had it in their harts wen ever it did go down to give compensation to the players for loss of time and for p...g of .:mad:
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Not that I'm trying to excuse Cryptic, but the games are NOT on the same server. Should probably get your facts straight. In fact, Neverwinter is on 3 different servers. Players on 1 server cannot play with players on another. They have specifically said the reason they did this was to prevent global problems from affecting the entire game (ie if 1 server goes down, the other 2 would hopefully remain). Unfortunately, for this to affect all Cryptic games, it is something more than just a server going down.

Nah, I'd prefer not to. =P Still doesn't excuse the fact that they need better hardware if one game that you say is hosted elsewhere, is so strongly influencing the stability of their other games. *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stuf86stuf86 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oowoon wrote: »
    But wasn't there an update yesterday? Or was that the day before?
    There was maintenance for a few hours, but then a few hours after that the servers went down.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    squatsauce wrote: »
    The game server's up, but the patch server is down. Since you can't log into the game without first trying to communicate with the patch server, you can't get in. I even tried just launching the gameclient.exe file to see if that would get around the problem. Alas, it does not.

According to this: http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online

Every server but the error check server is down. Same as last time.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • theftbottheftbot Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Came for tears, left satisfied.
  • kalel514kalel514 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We better be getting a 50% off ship or whole c store sale for all this TRIBBLE:mad:
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought it was just me but I noticed that the game was feeling sluggish and then nit simply went down completely. Now, the launcher simply has crashed and cannot connect. In the United States, launcher is down. lols
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soooo very true !
  • mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was in Dec of 2010 just after the season 2 upgrade.

ya i think it was season 3 that i took a break.... couldnt be bothered to get mad anymore.... i figured that it would be stable by now...
    I hope it wasnt another fire....... no one will be around to fix it this time..... sad part is i dont think they fixed last nights server.... just used a little bit of glue and duct tape..... i think they forgot to use the high temp glue....
  • ghost2448ghost2448 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same bug, cannot log on :/
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got booted. Hoped it might be transient, but... :/

OK PWE/Cryptic, time to come forth with the free Zen. It's Friday night (well early Sat. now), I have insomnia, and want to play. :(
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    squatsauce wrote: »
    The game server's up, but the patch server is down. Since you can't log into the game without first trying to communicate with the patch server, you can't get in. I even tried just launching the gameclient.exe file to see if that would get around the problem. Alas, it does not.

Its not just the patch server. It's the account server. I got taken back to the login screen, so I didn't need to use the launcher. It gets stuck at "connecting to the account server"
    edited May 2013
    kalel514 wrote: »
    We better be getting a 50% off ship or whole c store sale for all this TRIBBLE:mad:

You must be fed ... in the beta test and demand MORE cause you have nothing coming to you ;)
  • squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    According to this: http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online

Every server but the error check server is down. Same as last time.

Ah. Thanks for the link, travelingmaster. I only had the main page to go by, but it seems the server status link is made of cake, a cake baked using nothing but lies.
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labrat66 wrote: »
    just to let you guys know that yesterday the server went down cause 1 of the fans in the server overheated and broke off and server got to hot and was on fire ...thats why it took so long to get back online ...why the server is offline agian i have no clue but think there replacing the server agian or another fire at cryptic lmao

Hold on, ONE of the fans broke and the server caught fire? You mean they don't even have the common sense to use more fans than they need? Did no one think 'what if one of them stops working?'? O.o I mean... ONE fan... Just ONE? Ermagherd! *anurism* -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is really bad. Not just the server downs... it's in general what is happening to STO.

I am not really a gamer, i played 3 MMO's in my whole life, and i kinda was done with it and only play STO because i am a Trekkie, because it's like the only real place where Star Trek is still kinda "alive", not because i want to play a MMO. I'm saying this to show, that Cryptic has a HUGE advantage over other games for me simply because it's the ONLY ST MMO out there. And i guess there are a few others like me and with these people they have a monopoly.

That is a dream sitation that every company would love to have, because it's hard to mess that up.

But i think Cryptic can do that, because they are just so incredibly incompetent. I was finally convinced of that when i saw how incredibly long it took them to fix the foundry exploit. Something that they were for sure VERY interested in fixing because it cost them pure profit every minute it was there. And still it took them months to fix it. That says everything. Even if they really want - they can't.

I'm really sorry about that because i would really love to play a ST online game. I wish CBS had sold the license to a company who knew what to do with it and knew what they are doing.
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • kesxexkesxex Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The epohh upgrade didn't work out.

Epohhs are on strike as they want to be patted like tribbles and the developers can't make that animation work.
  • alexmavrosalexmavros Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, sometimes you guys are crazy :D. Anyway by the way anyone is Romanian here :)?
  • hsm2k4hsm2k4 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One thing I always hated about Blizzards downtime though, considering I played all 3 games at one point in time, for hours I couldn't play anyone of them, that was about the only thing that really sucked.

This is getting ridicules though.

At least you knew it was going down, you didn't just get booted in the middle of something. Blizzard never had a server crash to my knowledge.
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is realy s.........
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    already posted in ALLthe other down server threads about merging them all.....lord knows the rage is going to begin for 2 outages in 2 days.....what are they thinking????
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tabzen wrote: »
    Release Notes: April 25, 2013

Release Notes: March 28, 2013

Done.

Proves nothing, deary. Not a bit.

Everyone knows by now that to Cryptic, stability improvements means that we're about to get a lot more crashes. Always happens. Generic statements like that prove nothing, not with Cryptic's track record.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.