tabzen wrote: »
    Prove to me NW is the cause.

Prove it didn't...times infinity! Ha! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    overkilltbpoverkilltbp Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hsm2k4 wrote: »
    what does that have to do with the server fail... you can't justify the LOR launch as some kind of reward for server failure because these crashes have been a constant since forever. They don't know how to fix it, maybe they need more IT people over there. I really think we all deserve something for these crashes because they are becoming more frequent. I'm getting so fed up with it I might just go back to play Diablo iii again, at least there I knew when servers would be down for maintenance instead of the random crashes from cryptic.

One thing I always hated about Blizzards downtime though, considering I played all 3 games at one point in time, for hours I couldn't play anyone of them, that was about the only thing that really sucked.

This is getting ridicules though.
  • Options
    squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game server's up, but the patch server is down. Since you can't log into the game without first trying to communicate with the patch server, you can't get in. I even tried just launching the gameclient.exe file to see if that would get around the problem. Alas, it does not.
  • Options
    dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here we go again .....Twilight Zone anyone???......OHH for F*&#$ sake already!!!
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bgd3183 wrote: »
    This server goes down more than an Orion slave girl at a Klingon Batleth tournament!

ROFLMFAO! You, sir, just won an internet! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Off topic: Awesome Starfox avatar.

On topic: So it seems this and their other games down, so they put everything through one system with no redundancies? And this is a business based on encouraging us to buy/pay for their games?

Well they're earning nothing right now. :rolleyes:

It was ironic...the system was down last night right when I was trying to buy the Legacy Pack. I bought it anyway a couple hours later, but...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    * RED ALERT * Daily Server Catastrophe Event

Since I was there at STO's Launch, I have the max mark cap of 100,000.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey mods! i see 4 threads already the can be merged! Come om guys...get out of bed already.....this will get pretty funny here REAL soon....2 nights in a row hahaahhah
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    drmoxdrmox Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...........................................................................Tumble weed..................................
  • Options
    zergfan99zergfan99 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have it too...i saw there server is not responding then i got DCed and launcher can't connect to patch server any more :(
  • Options
    countryghostcountryghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fummy you say that because the only time i remember not many crashes was when i did the beta but they where constantly tasking it down for maintance

It was in Dec of 2010 just after the season 2 upgrade.
  • Options
    aiden089aiden089 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, i'll check FB
    Nedya.png
  • Options
    mikallvnvmikallvnv Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    too bad we couldnt pvp at will and go on the tribble server to demolition him while he shows it off and keep telling him we will stop when the servers is stable
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Be patient.

I mean real patient.

Theese things happen... Just wait for it

(I wonder how many of these it takes for you to go drunk).

I seriously doubt your setup and number/relative complexity of what you are running is even remotely close to the setup they are running.

Drunk? The guy's gonna need a new liver if this thread goes on much longer :eek:
  • Options
    ensignsenatiensignsenati Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are welcome to set up additional servers in my server room...Hell I'll even pay the power bill!
  • Options
    stuf86stuf86 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is getting ridiculous... let's hope this one doesn't last for 5+ hours like yesterday's fiasco.
  • Options
    madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lets see if we can get to 200 pages this time lol
  • Options
    vfr750fvfr750f Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe we can get some zen after the cool down.
  • Options
    doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    So, in other words, the problem that took all their games out for five hours just yesterday wasn't actually fixed.

Some band aid patch was slapped on and everyone went home for tea and crumpets.

Then, today, nothing was properly fixed either.

LoR is 17 days away.

Is there any chance that Cryptic are actually going to attend to this issue or can we assume that May 21st is going to be mega-crash day?

Hmmm Well if you had a game that everyone kept playing even though it broke down often, and all you had to do is sort of fix it for alot less money than actually fixing it what would you do?
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to our friends in Europe. I tripped over the power cord. I plugged it back in but nothing is happening. Help?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    galirunegalirune Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey everyone,

I remember STO server went down (again) reminded me when I was playing Everquest I way back from 5 December, 2001 when Sony released their Luclin expansion, their servers went down for 4 nights in row. Most players were very upset for this time, of course we were waiting until their servers went back up, but it was taking too long though. :)
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    Prove to me that it wasn't NW that caused it. They: 1. Need better hardware and 2. They need to stop thinking they can run everything on a single server.

Remember when STO launched? It took out CO and a few other games for hours on end. NW beta launches and the same thing happens. So, in a way NW is as responsible as the fact that they need a better host system because it obviously cannot handle the load.

Not that I'm trying to excuse Cryptic, but the games are NOT on the same server. Should probably get your facts straight. In fact, Neverwinter is on 3 different servers. Players on 1 server cannot play with players on another. They have specifically said the reason they did this was to prevent global problems from affecting the entire game (ie if 1 server goes down, the other 2 would hopefully remain). Unfortunately, for this to affect all Cryptic games, it is something more than just a server going down.
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since it is past midnight at Cryptic Studios there may not be many staff working so this problem may not be noticed or addressed until the morning which could be at least 7-9 hours depending on when they begin work on a Saturday.
    Not true, on the NW twitter, this is posted: https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/330590690092396544
    Hey everybody! We're aware that the servers are currently inaccessible, and are investigating. Thanks for bearing with us!
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    amebix1amebix1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers down in uk
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I was going to partake in the Raptr livestream in the morning. Hope we're back up by then.
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    madalein wrote: »
    lets see if we can get to 200 pages this time lol

It. Is. ON! =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    serobanseroban Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was in the process of unlocking a couple of boxes, and just got a galor....

i just hope... well i have alot of hope lol
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup ir died Jim...already told themods to merge all the hate posts....i think this will get to be a very LOOOONG thread if they do hahhahah
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    rebelscum58rebelscum58 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nithanath wrote: »
    They should know by now that their server has severe problems. Lag, disconnects, outges happen again and again and yet they do nothing to prevent this. I don't understand it...

Neverwinter went into open beta a couple of days ago, and all Cryptic's games run from the same location if not the same server. Yesterday's outage was confirmed as a hardware failure at that one location, which is why all three games went down. Today seems the same, so personally I'd assume the same or at least a similar cause.
This discussion has been closed.