What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    hsm2k4hsm2k4 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are giving us the players something else. Another Rep system to grind grind grind when LOR launches. :)

what does that have to do with the server fail... you can't justify the LOR launch as some kind of reward for server failure because these crashes have been a constant since forever. They don't know how to fix it, maybe they need more IT people over there. I really think we all deserve something for these crashes because they are becoming more frequent. I'm getting so fed up with it I might just go back to play Diablo iii again, at least there I knew when servers would be down for maintenance instead of the random crashes from cryptic.
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if there are any mods online....ya might as well start merging the hate posts on the newest server down threads....i think they will be getting VERY long tonight on a friday at peak hours lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    hammer51sthammer51st Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vfr750f wrote: »
    Grrrr. You got to be kidding me. This is becoming a daily event.

New daily: 5 hours duration, 20h cooldown and the reward? Enjoying the real life :D
  • Options
    ulwenulwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get crappy service, pay extra for something basic, get to wait a loong time...

This is like bad restaurant. Except they took away my food. Fix your product.

Im sorry ive dropped serious money during past few weeks on this game, I sure hope this is not the norm how things has been working here.
  • Options
    spork87spork87 Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since it is past midnight at Cryptic Studios there may not be many staff working so this problem may not be noticed or addressed until the morning which could be at least 7-9 hours depending on when they begin work on a Saturday.

that would be incredibly lazy, I get woken up when our equipment goes down at work and told to get to work now. If Cryptic doesn't have there people there within 30 minutes they are running there company quite wrong. Sever engineer's should be 24/7 on call.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dato134679dato134679 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same bug. Game suddenly disconected me and now I can't start the launcher at all.
  • Options
    steveroxxsteveroxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once again, our nightly server outage. Get it together, people. There are many other games to play without this headache.
  • Options
    darkangel4333darkangel4333 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we cant get on either one sto or never winter
  • Options
    coryb77coryb77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol they are going to have a poooooo storm tomorrow when they are live for the romulan thing......

I will laugh my TRIBBLE off if server crash during that.
  • Options
    tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    Prove to me that it wasn't NW that caused it. They: 1. Need better hardware and 2. They need to stop thinking they can run everything on a single server.

Remember when STO launched? It took out CO and a few other games for hours on end. NW beta launches and the same thing happens. So, in a way NW is as responsible as the fact that they need a better host system because it obviously cannot handle the load.

Prove to me NW is the cause.
  • Options
    labrat66labrat66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just to let you guys know that yesterday the server went down cause 1 of the fans in the server overheated and broke off and server got to hot and was on fire ...thats why it took so long to get back online ...why the server is offline agian i have no clue but think there replacing the server agian or another fire at cryptic lmao
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe someone spilled hot coffee over the poor hamsters and burned them alive?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol they are going to have a poooooo storm tomorrow when they are live for the romulan thing......

Hmmm, maybe we should have a 24 hr boycott on release to protest this problem, make them as disappointed as the rest of us, or at least make them think about doing something. Only way to make a company do anything is to hit them where it hurts - in the wallet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think the Epochs have had enough of tribbles running STO n are taking over
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is no way as bad as it was 2 and a half years ago when it would crash several times a day. I remember it going down 12 times in 16 hrs. You talk about being mad!!!

Fummy you say that because the only time i remember not many crashes was when i did the beta but they where constantly tasking it down for maintance
  • Options
    benpeters88benpeters88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what happens when you send a Ferengi out to buy your servers for you - buy a cheap one and keep the rest of that cash as profit
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I played EVE and the server crashed they had a really good reason.

The Blade server caught on fire! They posted pics, good times.

So help me if those servers aren't on fire branflakes and we don't get pics imma be upset with Cryptic!
  • Options
    countryghostcountryghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I guess its time for some Big Bang Theory... And about that, I have never heard mention STO on the show but I sure here alot about Star Wars....Hey Crypt and CBS whats the deal with that anyway!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    So, in other words, the problem that took all their games out for five hours just yesterday wasn't actually fixed.

Some band aid patch was slapped on and everyone went home for tea and crumpets.

Then, today, nothing was properly fixed either.

LoR is 17 days away.

Is there any chance that Cryptic are actually going to attend to this issue or can we assume that May 21st is going to be mega-crash day?

unless they are willing to invest in new hardware, and you know run there games on seperate server clusters we are going to continue to have issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pupibird wrote: »
    You mean when we are waiting in the quere soon (2976 of 19467) to enjoy LOR we will be influencing all other cryptic games? pls tell me that isnt true...!

Probably will. I still firmly believe that when LoR launches that their poor little server won't be able to handle the strain and it'll crash. Hard. Cryptic needs to get their act together and realise that they cannot support so many games on the one server, as is being so aptly demonstrated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the servers crash, I take a shot of tequila.

And everytime someone posts a be patient and stop complaining post, I do another shot ! ;)

If I can't play the game, I'm gonna party

Be patient.

I mean real patient.

Theese things happen... Just wait for it

(I wonder how many of these it takes for you to go drunk).
    Agreed, im a developer for an Emulatored version of Earth and Beyond, if you remember the game from 2002, westwood studios. Our EMULATOR never goes down this often.

Its fricken ridiculous.

I seriously doubt your setup and number/relative complexity of what you are running is even remotely close to the setup they are running.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vfr750f wrote: »
    Grrrr. You got to be kidding me. This is becoming a daily event.

* RED ALERT * Daily Server Catastrophe Event
  • Options
    gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Off topic: Awesome Starfox avatar.

On topic: So it seems this and their other games down, so they put everything through one system with no redundancies? And this is a business based on encouraging us to buy/pay for their games?

Well they're earning nothing right now. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This server goes down more than an Orion slave girl at a Klingon Batleth tournament!
  • Options
    coryb77coryb77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my head feels fine.
  • Options
    dato134679dato134679 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    happened to me before and fixed it somehow... don't remember how unfortunatelly
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tabzen wrote: »
    Prove to me NW is the cause.

why are you tring to protect a game played by those that like old engish, elves, and people who forgot what sunlight looks like?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haha last night was an epic post count. I don't want to be too hard on the Cryptic team, but I am grumpy that Neverwinter is causing us lag and various problems. I don't know if these hardware failures can be blamed on NW--heard rumors both ways--but it has got to be straining manpower. Ah well, Cryptic knows they have to pull off the launch of LoR well--I hope--so I am thinking these issues should get fixed by then, just in time for the lagfest of all the casual players logging back on to check out the Romulans. (!!!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like the same thing that happened last night. Just a heads up, they kept us updated on facebook and twitter.
  • Options
    tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't been here that long but it seems when the loader wont even come up its a few hours at least. Have any of you seen different ever?
This discussion has been closed.