test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2 May 2013 - Temporary Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MOAR Tamarian emotes! We shall not be satisfied with our mere "Shaka when the walls fell"! But seriously, maybe give us another title or emote like you did back at season 1 (and yes, I know this is way less awful than that show...).
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • sweetbearcubsweetbearcub Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing that STO is now down for maintenance, it makes me think of this. A short clip, 18 seconds or so, from the 3rd season of Enterprise.

YouTube Link
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infydel wrote: »
    I subscribed yesterday & bought $30 worth of Zen :(

timing!

haha TO bad for YOU!
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • lekillalekilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    ya know, that's fine that they wanna use twitter to post updates, but if they're gonna use twitter to do it, why do they even bother with the forums at all?

Not everyone has a twitter account, not everyone has a facebook account, matter of fact I have neither. Point is, everyone here has a sto account and the dev tracker works just fine.

Well sorry the world isn't perfect, (you can play PW for that) but you don't need to make a twitter account to see their updates, just find them on twitter.
    And obviously this is not a controlled situation, they are trying to fix w/e went wrong with coding/hardware and there is not a freaking book that tells you how long it is going to take to fix the issue. So stop your crying (not you, but everyone) and just wait...

PS: Are we there yet? (^_^)
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    axel667 wrote: »
    And I wish you would realize that most of us are just bored and once it comes back we'll flip our switches and forget it happened. SO, which is more useless, b**ching or b**tching about the b**tching? :P

At least you're not jiber-jabering about jiber-jaber haha.
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrspam404 wrote: »
    I'm confused. You're bringing all services back online one by one......but you'll have new shinny hardware in place as soon as you can? Wouldn't you need to have the new shinny hardware in place first, or am I missing something? How bout an estimate of downtime, so those of us who are waiting to hear from you when you say you'll keep everyone updated, will know if that hardware is coming tonight or 2 days from now....

On a side note, I don't give a TRIBBLE about any other games. I bought this game 3 years ago from Cryptic. I can care less about PWE other games, or Cryptic's for that matter. I'm here to play STO like probably most people on the Star Trek forum. How can you say you're committed on a launch of a new game while also "maintaining" our current games on the forum of the game that supposedly got knocked offline by the new game? Why do I care about this?

It's not downtime I'm complaining about. Or even regular maintenance I'm ticked off about.Even tho that seems to happen way more here than any other MMORPG I've ever played three years in. Just not being told what is happening besides bull, as I've pointed out. I sat here for almost 45 minutes trying to figure out why my launcher wouldn't update,then about another 30 minutes trying to log in after it did before I finally saw it wasn't just me. Maybe if the server status on your front page said down at the time, I would have known, but it continued to stay up/green the whole time. Now its red, good job on that one.

Anyways if someone could answer my first question I'd appreciate it. How are services being brought back up, one by one, when new shinny hardware isn't even in place yet? And if you could elaborate and let us know what services/hardware is being worked on I'd appreciate that. Thanks.

Wow just wow...i'll answer this for Bran.

I've played over 5 mmo's in the last 3 years....servers die...and it does take abit to reload the databases and other software after a hardware change...what??? did you really think its a 5 minute process??? I do IT for my work..it cant take me several hours or more to just find out what the problem is. let alone fixing it...i have been here since the crash of the hardware tonight...since about 6:30 PM PST....they need time to fix things right...give them that time ffs
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infydel wrote: »
    I subscribed yesterday & bought $30 worth of Zen :(

timing!

you've just been HAD ! ! ! S U C K E R ! !
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    May the 4th be with you? =p

Oh yeah that. :D
  • pops70pops70 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best post ever.
    Gamer formerly known as Grimbeard. SFC veteran.
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    Wow just wow...i'll answer this for Bran.

I've played over 5 mmo's in the last 3 years....servers die...and it does take abit to reload the databases and other software after a hardware change...what??? did you really think its a 5 minute process??? I do IT for my work..it cant take me several hours or more to just find out what the problem is. let alone fixing it...i have been here since the crash of the hardware tonight...since about 6:30 PM PST....they need time to fix things right...give them that time ffs

well said sir, well said
  • pakledworldpakledworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lekilla wrote: »
    Well sorry the world isn't perfect, (you can play PW for that) but you don't need to make a twitter account to see their updates, just find them on twitter.
    And obviously this is not a controlled situation, they are trying to fix w/e went wrong with coding/hardware and there is not a freaking book that tells you how long it is going to take to fix the issue. So stop your crying (not you, but everyone) and just wait...

Ask that one more time and I am turning this car right around mister...
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm, havent had a chance to get on sto recently, i hope this extended downtime wont cause any roll backs.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are your servers constipated?
    Your servers are constipated.
    You should buy Pakled Laxitives.
    From us.
    The Pakleds.
    We look for things to make you go.

...so..... hows the dihareeaahhh ?!!
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    Seeing that STO is now down for maintenance, it makes me think of this. A short clip, 18 seconds or so, from the 3rd season of Enterprise.

YouTube Link

down for good you ment...o.O
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited May 2013

well time to take the TARDIS and my sonic scredriver to fi it.

Hm where did i put that oh well guess we have to wait for the techs to finish lol

gotta have alittle fun
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • admsimadmsim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ozy83 wrote: »
    Now, this is a story all about how
    My server got flipped-turned upside down
    And I'd like to take a minute
    Just sit right there
    I'll tell you how I became the victim of Neverwinter despair

In west California hosted and praised
    On STO was where I spent most of my days
    Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
    And all shootin some klinks bein' a fool
    When a couple of Elves who were up to no good
    Started making trouble in my neighborhood
    I got in one little fight and my server got scared
    Its said 'You're movin' with your - Unable to connect to patch server...

I lost it when I got to the unable to connect. +1 to you Sir, well done.
    "STO is like a box of chocolates, you never know what bug you're gonna get."

Original Join Date: Jan 2010
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to go Drill instructor on someone TRIBBLE$! fix it
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • lethallarry1lethallarry1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dennizenx wrote: »
    ...so..... hows the dihareeaahhh ?!!

Our pants are... broken.
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well said sir, well said

thank you..at least someone knows the pressure Cryptic is under atm....i know...i do this for a living lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
    edited May 2013
    are we there yet?:eek:
    edited May 2013
    admsim wrote: »
    I lost it when I got to the unable to connect. +1 to you Sir, well done.

word, that was great
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't buy NWN, they'll get the message loud and clear.
    edited May 2013
    You all have been had S U C K E R S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  • strahdv1strahdv1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you think this sucks think on the bright side at least you are not stuck on Voyager
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dumdedumdedum
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited May 2013
    Our pants are... broken.

LMPO

a hundred wordsa hundred wordsa hundred wordsa hundred words
  • varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well this was an entertaining read... meh it's down, it's been down a while and probably will stay down a while. I don't feel the need to demand anything for the down time. Though if any dev wants to let me into the LoR beta that'd be cool oh and someone could fix my forum account and give me my lifetime Veteran title thingie.

Actually what I really want is to know what happened to Stormshade, he left STO and migrated to Neverwinter for a while then just disappeared, I hope the servers didn't eat him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So where exactly are they getting this new part for the boken server from? Gallefrey?
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it makes sense something like this would happen...even on minimal on both rendering and graphics for NW it was laggy as heck...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
This discussion has been closed.