test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 May 2013 - Temporary Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    bigmarine2 wrote: »
    Saturday is MAY THE 4TH!

What happens on the 4th?
  • Options
    strahdv1strahdv1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lekilla wrote: »
    So if they don't give you free stuff, what are you going to do? stop paying to play? ohhhh wait it's a free game. Really people, yes it would be nice if they did something after the servers being down for so long but don't act like we are entitled to anything from this company.

It's not free to everyone there are a lot of people that pay and even have subsribed to this game and still do
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So if they don't give you free stuff, what are you going to do? stop paying to play? ohhhh wait it's a free game. Really people, yes it would be nice if they did something after the servers being down for so long but don't act like we are entitled to anything from this company.

Ummm... I COULD give you a rebuttal to all of what you've said, good sir... but, the last time I spoke up about it, Cryptic shut me up because of it...
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    axel667 wrote: »
    They offered it to us for free, we accepted in peace. They broke our gift so it's only fair we burn them.:)

small company, but trying hard to grow and grow the game...i really wish ppl would give them the chance....this game can only get better...and it has since i started at f2p....bought a lifetime...and spend $200 a month extra on it..i just wish ppl would give them the chance to get this game back on track...it has ALOT of potential....and gets better all the time...yes, there are bugs, and pvp'ers whine about balance....but it's getting better...i approve of mostly what they are doing....sooooooo a fracking server died..live with it...it can be replaced...and will be....like really...they WANT to lose money? lmfao
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm confused. You're bringing all services back online one by one......but you'll have new shinny hardware in place as soon as you can? Wouldn't you need to have the new shinny hardware in place first, or am I missing something? How bout an estimate of downtime, so those of us who are waiting to hear from you when you say you'll keep everyone updated, will know if that hardware is coming tonight or 2 days from now....

On a side note, I don't give a TRIBBLE about any other games. I bought this game 3 years ago from Cryptic. I can care less about PWE other games, or Cryptic's for that matter. I'm here to play STO like probably most people on the Star Trek forum. How can you say you're committed on a launch of a new game while also "maintaining" our current games on the forum of the game that supposedly got knocked offline by the new game? Why do I care about this?

It's not downtime I'm complaining about. Or even regular maintenance I'm ticked off about.Even tho that seems to happen way more here than any other MMORPG I've ever played three years in. Just not being told what is happening besides bull, as I've pointed out. I sat here for almost 45 minutes trying to figure out why my launcher wouldn't update,then about another 30 minutes trying to log in after it did before I finally saw it wasn't just me. Maybe if the server status on your front page said down at the time, I would have known, but it continued to stay up/green the whole time. Now its red, good job on that one.

Anyways if someone could answer my first question I'd appreciate it. How are services being brought back up, one by one, when new shinny hardware isn't even in place yet? And if you could elaborate and let us know what services/hardware is being worked on I'd appreciate that. Thanks.
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    bohiap wrote: »
    What happens on the 4th?

May the 4th be with you? =p
  • Options
    fringelordfringelord Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bohiap wrote: »
    What are we up to 5 hours? Not including the 2 hours this morning? Pretty sure that's a record in the 2 years I've been playing. Has anybody seen anything recently about when it's gonna be back up? I think it's been about 2 hours since Brandon posted.

They are posting updates on twitter, which you can activate through your nearest LCARS kiosk (or just use your pc) :)
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    May the 4th be with you? =p

nanu. nanu.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    squishynoisesquishynoise Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    hmmm..did you ever think to drive out around the cars in front of you in "your" drive-thru and go to Arby's across the street to get a quick bite before you hit your favorite resturant the next day for your favorite meal?

same thing here....the fry machine has broken.....can't get your favorite fries today...grab some someplace else....and get your favorite tomorrow....what's the big deal?

See that's just it. It shouldn't be a big deal. They are making it a big deal by stating that they are working as fast as they can and hope to have things running asap.

Instead, just tell everyone it's going to be down for 24/48 hours. 90% of the people will get that message and come back later.

I'm just stating that the applied placation is overly optimistic and creates the false expectation that then cause people to waste time waiting for something they can't get to so they are doing themselves and the fan base a disservice by trying to assuage irritation instead of just setting a firm timeline.

Worst case scenario is they say 48 hours and it only takes 11, they make an announcement, or people who refuse to stop trying to log in over and over finally get in and scream from the internet rooftops that it's back up and they are heroes for getting it done ahead of time.
  • Options
    boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    now saying down for EXTENDED maintenance doesn't bode well
  • Options
    lekillalekilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrspam404 wrote: »
    I'm confused. You're bringing all services back online one by one......but you'll have new shinny hardware in place as soon as you can? Wouldn't you need to have the new shinny hardware in place first, or am I missing something? How bout an estimate of downtime, so those of us who are waiting to hear from you when you say you'll keep everyone updated, will know if that hardware is coming tonight or 2 days from now....

On a side note, I don't give a TRIBBLE about any other games. I bought this game 3 years ago from Cryptic. I can care less about PWE other games, or Cryptic's for that matter. I'm here to play STO like probably most people on the Star Trek forum. How can you say you're committed on a launch of a new game while also "maintaining" our current games on the forum of the game that supposedly got knocked offline by the new game? Why do I care about this?

It's not downtime I'm complaining about. Or even regular maintenance I'm ticked off about.Even tho that seems to happen way more here than any other MMORPG I've ever played three years in. Just not being told what is happening besides bull, as I've pointed out. I sat here for almost 45 minutes trying to figure out why my launcher wouldn't update,then about another 30 minutes trying to log in after it did before I finally saw it wasn't just me. Maybe if the server status on your front page said down at the time, I would have known, but it continued to stay up/green the whole time. Now its red, good job on that one.

Anyways if someone could answer my first question I'd appreciate it. How are services being brought back up, one by one, when new shinny hardware isn't even in place yet? And if you could elaborate and let us know what services/hardware is being worked on I'd appreciate that. Thanks.

Do you want access to all their files and passwords while you are at it?
  • Options
    one1chanceone1chance Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bigmarine2 wrote: »
    now that i think on its STO i have stay the waits the lag its all worth feeling like Captain kirk!
    :cool:

rong post sprry dude
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sausage, bacon, and cheese sandwich...what's your crash time snack?

I think I feel an artery clogging. Never mind, false alarm.
  • Options
    lethallarry1lethallarry1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now, this is a story all about how
    My server got flipped-turned upside down
    And I'd like to take a minute
    Just sit right there
    I'll tell you how I became the victim of Neverwinter despair

In west California hosted and praised
    On STO was where I spent most of my days
    Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
    And all shootin some klinks bein' a fool
    When a couple of Elves who were up to no good
    Started making trouble in my neighborhood
    I got in one little fight and my server got scared
    Its said 'You're movin' with your - Unable to connect to patch server...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karlmd wrote: »
    I am sorry to say my sonic TRIBBLE driver was fried when the person in the back used it for a spoon to stir the coffee with. now who has the key to the tartus so we can fix this thing.....

you're never getting the TARDIS key "Master", You hired Pakleds to do your spellcheck!
    The Brigadier
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2013
    fringelord wrote: »
    They are posting updates on twitter, which you can activate through your nearest LCARS kiosk (or just use your pc) :)

ya know, that's fine that they wanna use twitter to post updates, but if they're gonna use twitter to do it, why do they even bother with the forums at all?

Not everyone has a twitter account, not everyone has a facebook account, matter of fact I have neither. Point is, everyone here has a sto account and the dev tracker works just fine.
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is a good day and go eat moldy blue cheese for saying otherwise
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    axel667axel667 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    small company, but trying hard to grow and grow the game...i really wish ppl would give them the chance....this game can only get better...and it has since i started at f2p....bought a lifetime...and spend $200 a month extra on it..i just wish ppl would give them the chance to get this game back on track...it has ALOT of potential....and gets better all the time...yes, there are bugs, and pvp'ers whine about balance....but it's getting better...i approve of mostly what they are doing....sooooooo a fracking server died..live with it...it can be replaced...and will be....like really...they WANT to lose money? lmfao

And I wish you would realize that most of us are just bored and once it comes back we'll flip our switches and forget it happened. SO, which is more useless, b**ching or b**tching about the b**tching? :P
    Are you free?
  • Options
    duggeekduggeek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nanu. nanu.

Shaz-bot! That was my line! (I grew up in Boulder)
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited May 2013

While you are somewhat right At the rate pwe has been going they better feel a need to do something. it may be free to play but people are still paying for zen and people do still subscribe. And when you have things like this that keep loyal players away it would be a smart idea to say hey heres this token for us TRIBBLE up or us taking so long or just we had to take longer then we thought we are sorry. Do i think they will no probably not but then again who knows. Someone at pwe may just have a little bit of a heart and try to make its player base happy again. Now to sit back and wait to see how many argue with me on my point ready! set! oh wait never mind lol. Hope they get it fixed soon.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NWN - Yet another Thatched Hut MMO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I still contend your lying about this or an idiot =p
  • Options
    gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Brandon! I really appreciate the candor and I'll have no problem waiting, hardware issues happen to all of us, even new pieces right off the shelf.
    It is much easier to know this and wait, than not to know and keep trying anyway.
    A loyal customer,
    gojored.:cool:
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lethallarry1lethallarry1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are your servers constipated?
    Your servers are constipated.
    You should buy Pakled Laxitives.
    From us.
    The Pakleds.
    We look for things to make you go.
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the nerds of STO outweigh the nerds of neverwinter just fix it already!
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    infydelinfydel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I subscribed yesterday & bought $30 worth of Zen :(

timing!
    Vulcans are MEAN
  • Options
    warp1000warp1000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Raid 0 is not a back up lol :eek:
This discussion has been closed.