test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server/ Launcher Outage -- All Cryptic games affected (Engineers working to resolve)

Comments

• Options
    arcslayer0arcslayer0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's going on with the server? Was this the work of Borg? Romulans? Neverwinter?
  • Options
    domnyydomnyy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrsarcasto wrote: »
    Ok this is getting ridiculous. The servers have been down for about 20 mins now and we are only up to 4 pages of ranting. Come on we can do better than this. We should be up to at least 10 pages of rage quits and reposts by now. And where are the youtube links? Ok granted the STO website is down too, and I'm sure alot of the community is ranting in a NWN forum somewhere, but still.

Whoa man! Chill, what do you think this is the Blizzard/Diablo 3 forums??
  • Options
    jkbondjkbond Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah no go here :(

at least i can access the website again
  • Options
    frankkellleyfrankkellley Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It says its still up. Anyone have concrete info?
  • Options
    neslracneslrac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gotta watch out for them trip wires... especially when its the lan cable...
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    luxandra wrote: »
    Well here's an idea for people who are bored while Cryptic solves the server issues.

Call a bunch of insurance salesmen to come to your house all at the same time to sell you insurance. When they all arrive, trap them in an elaborate arena and tell them that the last man standing will get the sale from you. Tell them the only weapons they can use are the ones they have to make on their own. Then proceed to record the fight while eating popcorn and cracking open a beer. Share the video with friends on movie night.

I tried this but they all sat around for 3 hours trying to sell each other life and health insurance to ensure they were covered for any possible contingencies incurred during said match...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcslayer0 wrote: »
    What's going on with the server? Was this the work of Borg? Romulans? Neverwinter?

Its those Gerbils
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,610 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meanwhile, on the next big Bang Theory... Penny tells Leonard she is expecting...
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    austg76austg76 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What a World...Server Crash...Respawn....borg Invades ...Respawn...
  • Options
    theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dma1986 wrote: »
    I'd definitely go for a Firefly MMO.

Okay, a sci-fi MMO that actually used a semi-accurate portrayal of Newtonian mechanics would be highly amusing. I grant that.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • Options
    godfearlessgodfearless Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope who is reading this forms to get back to work with no pay lol wow cant keep the servers going
  • Options
    divadretepdivadretep Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Ron ron ron, pamplemousse :D.
    Les gerbils ont ?t? tu?s, massacr?s, ?gorg?s, c'est comme ?a, putain!

you dont want to putain with a French woman, you will get your gerbils in a knot...
    darn here i go with the gerbils again!

Il faut que sa arrete ici!
    tabarna_
  • Options
    luxandraluxandra Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    I tried this but they all sat around for 3 hours trying to sell each other life and health insurance to ensure they were covered for any possible contingencies incurred during said match...

Well played sir. :D
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcslayer0 wrote: »

Ironically posted in a thread about a server crash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,610 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While we are waiting.. anyone know if the Intrepid torpedo boat is viable?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    synwrathswifesynwrathswife Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My two cent's take em or leave em......
    Officer of Fed side - Borg Syndicate: Isulaya (FED Sci) & Isu'laya (ROM Eng) . Admin/Head Officer of KDF side - Blood Empire: A'Nari (KDF Tac). Both have 400+ (usually 500) active fleet members in each of the fleets = I is one busy woman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who says other MMO's don't have this downtime every single patch are either in denial, or feeble minded oafs that can't remember what they had for their last meal. Eve, you always set a skill that will take at least 3 days to train, don't expect to play Wow within 48 hours after a patch, or EQ1 within 7 days after a major patch don't even bother logging in. (and I was also a denizen of Icedown).

That said, it's telling that the launch of neverwinter has made STO completely unplayable for me and a **** load of others, and that fact that the entirety of cryptics game offerings died at the exact same moment is a serious **** up that someone should be canned for.

The mental midgets in this thread frighten me with their ignorance of reality.
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Num num num num num *eats a slice of pizza*
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    divadretepdivadretep Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Pourquoi les accents ne fonctionnent pas, c'est la discrimination, merde?

Translation: Why can't I use accents, this is discrimination, sh**? Just you wait till trolls find out you can use curse words in other languages >: D.

j<ai la m[eme probleme avec mon clavier, zut!

Translation: I am having the same problem with my keyboard, zoot!
  • Options
    dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope who is reading this forms to get back to work with no pay lol wow cant keep the servers going
    Wut?

/10char
  • Options
    mazel76mazel76 Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    It's sad:mad: when this thing happens all across the world, Players are left wondering what the hell happened.:confused: Not to mention WHY when we get patches to fix these problems. This is the time to reflect on the GERENEAL SERVER STABILITY patches and the lack of information giving to us about them."BRAN" It seems that to fix 1 problem you have to break something else! Also why is it that everytime the server is down we have to hear it from the players first and not someone from PWE? Thats just ****ie! Put down the donut that your mother just made for you and INFORM the players. I.E. Do your job cake boy!!!!

In the words of Lata: I speak for the people
  • Options
    thoburmasgo1thoburmasgo1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So has anyone checked the Flux Capacitor while they're in there poking around? I'm betting that's the issue...
  • Options
    jkbondjkbond Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what a bummer :(
  • Options
    nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    theodrim wrote: »
    Okay, a sci-fi MMO that actually used a semi-accurate portrayal of Newtonian mechanics would be highly amusing. I grant that.

I think they call it Battlestar Galactica, and it's a browser MMO.
  • Options
    professionalhelpprofessionalhelp Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the work of the Evil Epohh King. I warned you of his treachery. Now you witness for yourself the depths to which he will sink.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all systems offline
  • Options
    luxandraluxandra Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nuanil wrote: »
    Anyone who says other MMO's don't have this downtime every single patch are either in denial, or feeble minded oafs that can't remember what they had for their last meal. Eve, you always set a skill that will take at least 3 days to train, don't expect to play Wow within 48 hours after a patch, or EQ1 within 7 days after a major patch don't even bother logging in. (and I was also a denizen of Icedown).

That said, it's telling that the launch of neverwinter has made STO completely unplayable for me and a **** load of others, and that fact that the entirety of cryptics game offerings died at the exact same moment is a serious **** up that someone should be canned for.

The mental midgets in this thread frighten me with their ignorance of reality.

I'm not frightened, I am amused that theory about humanity gets reinforced with each one of those people.
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After it attempted two times, I got this popup:
    Connection problem

Unable to establish connection to patch Sever Please Check your Internet connection. If Problem persist, please contact Technical Support.

I tried to connect using a patcher in this thread.
  • Options
    austg76austg76 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very likely a lose wire or bolt...jk
    What a World...Server Crash...Respawn....borg Invades ...Respawn...
This discussion has been closed.