test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server/ Launcher Outage -- All Cryptic games affected (Engineers working to resolve)

Comments

• Options
    doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    did I see 51 mins more of this BS wait wtf happen PWE please hope server is ok
  • Options
    lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here. Yet the main web shows the server as being up. Dang there goes my night lol
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A) neverwinter is open beta for everyone ....thats 4 GB for everyone to download...i noticed it was 200-300 , i have 560 max speed and later it dropped to 30...so you can guess .....
    its prolly not trek its neverwinters fault
  • Options
    simonpgrubersimonpgruber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    since they are down now about an hour I wouldn't hold my breath to get back on the game anytime soon. Unless you enjoy looking like a smurf
  • Options
    neslracneslrac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Attention players - we are still troubleshooting the disconnect that has affected Neverwinter, CO, and STO. We will provide an update soon" STO Twitter

oh good... so not only did they trip over one cord, they tripped over 3 at the same time!!
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now I got the Star trek Arena tune in my Head. frome when Spock tried to kill Kirk durring his Pon'Far. LOL. all cause of that insuarnce man post. LOL. & trying to make them fight to the Death & last man standing wins & gets to sell u life insurance. LOL.
  • Options
    elqannaelqanna Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK, who beamed the Pakled's aboard, and left them alone with the server !!!
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nuanil wrote: »
    I think they call it Battlestar Galactica, and it's a browser MMO.

BSGO, yeah. I used to play that game before it was nerfed to hell, and that's when I switched to STO. :P
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    mackdajackmackdajack Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spock: Nero's very presence has altered the flow of history, beginning with the attack on the U.S.S. Kelvin, culminating in the events of today, thereby creating an entire new chain of incidents that cannot be anticipated by either party.

Uhura: An alternate reality.

Spock: Precisely.

So..... here we are waiting for the servers to come back on-line.
    GWF thread QFT
    "This TRIBBLE we got now where 2dc/2cw/1tr clear epic T2 then sell the stuff on AH while we pull our puds has got to stop."
  • Options
    jarekcyphusjarekcyphus Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrsarcasto wrote: »
    Ok this is getting ridiculous. The servers have been down for about 20 mins now and we are only up to 4 pages of ranting. Come on we can do better than this. We should be up to at least 10 pages of rage quits and reposts by now. And where are the youtube links? Ok granted the STO website is down too, and I'm sure alot of the community is ranting in a NWN forum somewhere, but still.

52, actually.

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happy Crash Day everyone!

In honor of Crash Day may I present the inside of the cryptic server today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=pb3IdLdIc6s&feature=fvwp

You know you love it! :D

Thats just twisted
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordlalo wrote: »
    There is something wrong with one of their DNS servers I believe.
    Not sure what makes you say this. It's not DNS:

Name: startekonline.com
    Address: 69.43.161.214

Name: patchserver.crypticstudios.com
    Address: 208.95.185.41
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theodrim wrote: »
    Okay, a sci-fi MMO that actually used a semi-accurate portrayal of Newtonian mechanics would be highly amusing. I grant that.

Star Citizen.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From Twitter: We're doing our best to get those servers online and end that torment ASAP. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited May 2013
    So has anyone checked the Flux Capacitor while they're in there poking around? I'm betting that's the issue...

Nah, an intern probably thought the new vortex server fan was a Mr. Fusion and dumped in some wet coffee grounds...
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    professionalhelpprofessionalhelp Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I warned you about the Epohh King and of what he is capable. See this is all his evil treachery and wickedness. Let us join together and hunt him down so forever our connection problems can be solved.
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zigadeic wrote: »
    Thats just twisted

you mean you actually looked at that!
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    ltdansotltdansot Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The last time MY server crashed it was due to a massive RAID failure. RAID which is supposed to help protect data failed. And the backup failed to restore. Let's hope they are better off than I was!
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dman the Microsoft troubleshooter at Cryptic failed. now they got to get on the phones & speak to some1 in India. LOL. To find out why they're servers down. LOL.
  • Options
    luxandraluxandra Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hah, I can't even access my account settings right now. That's fun.
  • Options
    divadretepdivadretep Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zigadeic wrote: »
    Thats just twisted

you know, that is just a little past scary!
    and Im over the hill now.
  • Options
    dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mazel76 wrote: »
    "BRAN" It seems that to fix 1 problem you have to break something else! Also why is it that everytime the server is down we have to hear it from the players first and not someone from PWE? Thats just ****ie! Put down the donut that your mother just made for you and INFORM the players. I.E. Do your job cake boy!!!!
    In Brandon's defence, the servers are (theoretically) on 24 hours a day. He probably only does 8-hour shifts or so.

Are you seriously suggesting they put someone on 24-hour callout (with the additional wages that would incur) just to say on the forums something that's being said on Facebook and Twitter anyway?
  • Options
    hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's why the connection was lost... Somebody made the wrong action in the Traelus System Satellite repair mission...

From STOWiki:

Federation:

The power coupling blew!

We're going to need to replicate a replacement part, and unfortunately, I don't have all the necessary materials on board. Luckily, there's a thorium-rich asteroid nearby. We'll have to destroy it to get at the ore, but we should get enough material to replicate the new part.

KDF:

The power coupling blew!

Captain, I take responsibility for this mistake, and will willingly submit to any discipline you deem necessary.

We will need additional materials to replicate a replacement part. There are thorium-rich asteroids nearby. We will need to destroy one of the asteroids to get at the ore we need, but once we do that, we will be able to complete the repairs.

They just need to find some Thorium ore now... :P
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,637 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    makes me wish the stargate MMO had come to pass....
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    daggermoondaggermoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrsarcasto wrote: »
    Ok this is getting ridiculous. The servers have been down for about 20 mins now and we are only up to 4 pages of ranting. Come on we can do better than this. We should be up to at least 10 pages of rage quits and reposts by now. And where are the youtube links? Ok granted the STO website is down too, and I'm sure alot of the community is ranting in a NWN forum somewhere, but still.

lol ok here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szyz8Dr0-Vc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUHcoCg2jWI&NR=1&feature=endscreen
  • Options
    sephirothkirksephirothkirk Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, it's been offline for 51 minutes. 55 now, to be more precise.
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stulloyd wrote: »
    Dman the Microsoft troubleshooter at Cryptic failed. now they got to get on the phones & speak to some1 in India. LOL. To find out why they're servers down. LOL.

If the microsoft troubleshooter went down, it would make it easier to fix the servers not harder lol
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nuanil wrote: »
    I think they call it Battlestar Galactica, and it's a browser MMO.

Eh, too easy. I'm talking like players having to account for delta-V, mass-to-thrust ratios, orbital mechanics, re-entry vector and velocity, and stuff. Not just Wing Commander Online set in the BSG universe.

Stuff they actually had to pay attention to (albeit in the background, and only grazed over in a couple episodes) of Firefly.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
This discussion has been closed.