test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 2, 2013

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing TRIBBLE down to update to a new build.

General:
  • Drozana Station: Closing the window to beam down to the station will now move it to an optional interact.
  • Resolved an issue in character creation where your selected collar accessory would disappear if you swapped head styles.
  • Updated Romulan costumes so that various outfit pieces are better categorized now.
  • Players who are in the closed beta for Romulans can now make "Alien" Romulan characters.
  • Resolved an issue where Shattering Harmonics Crystalline Swords were not displaying while sheathed.

Foundry:
  • Waypoints for contacts on Earth Spacedock have been adjusted so they are correct now.
  • The Foundry contacts in Qo'noS First City now have they waypoints pointing to them again.
  • Replaced the missing "to" in Bridge Officer dialog descriptions.
  • Removed all reference to attachment sidedness for Borg NPC Contacts.
  • Renamed some of the Tellarite NPC Contacts to reflect the fact that they are alien, and not Tellarite.

Romulan Missions:
  • The Romulan Tutorial:
    • Added a bunch of VO.
    • This map has been updated to add more props and increase the ambience.
      • There are some happy birds.
      • Also, the moon has shrunk a bit.
        • It must be waning.
  • The Flotilla has been relit and re-accessorized.
    • Also removed the sideways actors.
      • They're in the medbay now, undergoing analysis to see what gave them these strange, gravity-defying abilities.
  • Bigger Picture:
    • Added a waypoint for the Donatu System.
    • Changed the interact text on Donatu to "Bigger Picture".
    • Rewrote dialog, and corrected gramer and speeling where necessary.
  • Mine Enemy:
    • Added new voice over to a cutscene.
    • Added background images for the contact windows.
  • Crossroads at Crateris:
    • Added some voice over audio.
    • Updated the minicontacts so they don't fly out on top of one another when running back to Zden.
    • Slamek will no longer get knocked around by explosions when he's working on the broken console.
  • The Price of Neutrality:
    • Added and updated backgrounds for contact windows.
    • Added a waypoint for one of the mission steps on the ground.
    • Restructured mission so that pop ups for moving your Bridge Officers don't appear until you have tried to activate the computer once.
      • Also added functionality so if you know what you need to do already you can skip ahead.
    • Yridian colonists will no longer stand on the bench.
  • Enemy Action:
    • Updated the text to resolve typos.
    • Added a third console option to Enemy Action, a generic Torpedo Damage Tactical Console.
  • The Helix:
    • The pop-up help for sector space should now only appear once for each player.
    • Added VO to a number of NPCs.
    • Resolved an issue where Defend the Delta arm was completing prior to defeating the full Romulan encounter which would cause Kaiyan's "Negotiate Transfer" text to pop too early.
  • Turning Point: Map indicators for enemies will now properly disappear when the enemies are slain.
  • Smash and Grab: Added VO.

Systems:
  • Added new Sector FX to all Warbirds that disables the Singularity FX on them while in Sector Space.
  • Updated all Warbird "captain powers"--controls HP, Shield, Turn Rate and Speed bonus from skills spent.
    • Some existing higher-tier Warbirds on Tribble will see a slight reduction in bonus from skill due to this change, but it will be in line with all other ships in the game.
  • Singularity:
    • Singularity Jump: This power's FX will no longer vanish before the power completes.
    • Updated the advanced description text for Singularity Powers to reflect the new cooldown values.
  • The Ionized Particle Beam console now has a 90 degree firing arc.
  • Space energy procs, like Phasers Subsystem Offline or Plasma DoT, will now work with Fire at Will.
  • Fleet Support has been rebuilt to allow for more reliable functionality:
    • Tooltips have been updated to be more descriptive, and reflect usage restrictions.
    • The ships summoned will be predictable instead of random: Rank I always summons a Frigate, and Rank II will always summon a Cruiser.
    • All Fleet Support ships will now either warp out or cloak when they have been out of combat for >10 seconds.
    • Likewise, all Fleet Support ships will play a warp in animation when spawning, instead of simply appearing next to a player.
    • If the owner of a Fleet Support ship leaves a cross-faction map, their summoned ship(s) will no longer turn aggressive to members of the opposite faction.
  • Photonic Fleet will no longer attack opposite-faction allies on cross-faction maps, if their owner leaves the map or disconnects.
    • Known Issue: This change prevents them from working properly in PvP.
      • We are working to resolve this.
  • Updated tooltips for Evasive Maneuvers so they more accurately report Defense Values.
  • Mk X Science Kits can once more drop from any enemy who can drop kits in ground combat.
  • Resolved an issue where the T'varo's set bonus was not displaying.
  • Adjusted descriptions and tooltips for the Singularity Stabilizer console.
  • Updated the Singularity Inverter:
    • Adjusted descriptions and tooltips for the Singularity Inverter console.
    • Increased the damage resistance and shield damage resistance given by the Singularity Inverter.
    • Adjusted the rate at which players gain Singularity power from the Singularity Inverter.
      • This now scales with the amount of damage you take, with a minimum value per hit.
  • Resolved an issue where the Singularity Stabilizer was allowing players to use several Singularity abilities in a row.
  • Nukara mission rewards have been updated.
    • Update the Tholian Equipment Requisition packs received as rewards for completing missions on Nukara
      • Standard: 75% Green item, 25% Blue item
      • Advanced: 50% Green item, 50% Blue item
      • Elite: Both a Green and a Blue item
    • All very rare (purple) and set items have been removed from these packs, and can now be earned by progressing in the Nukara Strike Force Reputation.
  • Resolved an issue where some Andorian Phaser weapons were using standard Phaser icons.

UI:
  • Power icons are now color coded based on category:
    • Class powers: Science, Tactical, or Engineering
    • Item powers: console/set bonus
    • Innate/Captain powers
    • Singularity power
    • Travel power
    • Summon power
  • Weapon fire icons are now colored based on weapon/energy type.
  • The default HUD is now more aware of the active ship, power levels, and tray modes, and will resize and reposition the jail cells in response to changes.
    • Note: This should only affect the default HUD layout, if any jail cells have been manually repositioned or resized, the manual changes should not be overriden.
  • Resolved an issue where stale information would be persisted in the species trait description for bridge officers and aliens.
  • Updated the large contact window so that the text background does not change red during red alert mode.
  • Added a faction-appropriate background image to the minicontact portrait.
    • The portrait background will no longer change red during red alert mode.
  • Updated the In Progress section of the mission journal to resolve an issue with Foundry missions that caused the mission description and the buttons to overlap.
  • Minicontacts now blink in, instead of flying in.
  • The old help window tutorial popups have been replaced with the new style tutorial popups.
  • Made layout improvements to the Away Team Picker Window:
    • Made team preview models larger.
    • Moved Bridge Officer power list to below the Bridge Officer's name button and centered it.
    • Moved the waiting/accepted icon to just below the Captain's icon.
    • Updated the player class icons to the current style.
    • The background image now shows a faction-appropriate transporter room.
  • Changed some screens that were occurring during the client loading process from blue to black.

Known Issues:
  • The Klingon Mission Journal is currently being re-worked and some missions may not yet be available to existing Klingons.
  • Neither Klingons nor Romulans are available for new characters.
    • A small number of participants can now create Romulans as part of a closed beta.
  • The C-store is disabled.
  • Players on Wine will need to use a workaround in order to play.
  • Players who can create Romulans may see the option to create Remans.
    • This should be avoided, because it will cause the sun to plummet towards the Earth.
    • Further, character creation will fail and the player will be booted to the login screen.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    avitrekavitrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Players who are in the closed beta for Romulans can now make "Alien" Romulan characters.

Thanks for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Players who can create Romulans may see the option to create Remans.
    This should be avoided, because it will cause the sun to plummet towards the Earth.

Thanks for the heads up. That would have been disastrous.
  • Options
    kaaskrulkaaskrul Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lots of Changes YAY but did you guys Fix the Bridge Officers Powers not showing
  • Options
    oasusoasus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When is open beta? I wanna try these bad boys out :(
  • Options
    silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited May 2013
    stations fixed??
  • Options
    terilynnsterilynns Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [*]Players who can create Romulans may see the option to create Remans.
    • This should be avoided, because it will cause the sun to plummet towards the Earth.
    • Further, character creation will fail and the player will be booted to the login screen.
    [/LIST]

Wooow - good advice. I would really hate to see such a reversal of physics ... or to be booted to the login screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ability buttons are color coded? i will have to see it for my self, but i have never wanted this effect.
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Create Reman *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* :D

EDIT: Looking forward to testing out some of these new UI elements.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    ... Remove them.

They are garbage and its not even Vendortrash because its Ground not Space yes because a deflector can bring about 30k EC but ground? I am sorry but 100 EC is not worth the inventory slot its wasting, scratch that two slots, I rather have the cold hard EC that garbage filling my inventory.

You people are making really easy to make Nukara the worst place on the game.

In addition to the items in the reward boxes, why not give bonus Nukara marks?
  • Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the ship boff stations. Nothing that says its fixed or that it's still a known issue?
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Systems:
    • Updated all Warbird "captain powers"--controls HP, Shield, Turn Rate and Speed bonus from skills spent.
      • Some existing higher-tier Warbirds on Tribble will see a slight reduction in bonus from skill due to this change, but it will be in line with all other ships in the game.

Er....sorry? Could you clarify that?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hyouki wrote: »

ya, im not sure what they were trying to say here
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya, im not sure what they were trying to say here

All of the benefits from spending skills in those powers have been updated for Warbirds.
    Thus, on some of the higher-tier ships, the stats may be lower for spending the same number of skill points.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sounds more like they nerfed something else

So i guess the BC nerf is here to stay so much for being a rom on the holodeck :(

Very depressing
  • Options
    agentexeideragentexeider Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How the heck do you get into the closed beta, I'm probably one of the oldest accounts in recent memory and I didn't get an invite.
  • Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zero, what about the Boff slots completely missing or Boffs vanishing after map transfers?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    Zero, what about the Boff slots completely missing or Boffs vanishing after map transfers?

Good question im running a new rom toon that there are no BOFF slots on my ship so there is no way to station my BOFFs.

When is this going to get fixed?
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aegon1ice wrote: »

I am guessing this is a squirrelly bug. Since literally one of my Romulan Character has there Boffs unseated every map transfer and the other does not have this problem, it may be hard for the team to nail it down.

That said, I am sure they are working on it, but I wouldn't expect anything for a few days. Just my thoughts though.
  • Options
    hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of the benefits from spending skills in those powers have been updated for Warbirds.
    Thus, on some of the higher-tier ships, the stats may be lower for spending the same number of skill points.

Er, to clarify the clarification, it's sounding to me like points spent into the skills Structural Integrity, Starship Shield Systems, and Impulse Thrusters were producing slightly more results when the captain was in a Warbird as opposed to a warp core ship, requiring them to be brought down to balance the two, is that correct?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How the heck do you get into the closed beta, I'm probably one of the oldest accounts in recent memory and I didn't get an invite.

It's not about account age, it's about how much time you have spent on Tribble in the past. If you're not on Tribble very often, they're not going to let you in until Open Beta access.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Er, to clarify the clarification, it's sounding to me like points spent into the skills Structural Integrity, Starship Shield Systems, and Impulse Thrusters were producing slightly more results when the captain was in a Warbird as opposed to a warp core ship, requiring them to be brought down to balance the two, is that correct?

Ok that makes slightly more sense - explanationwise
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nemofoundgod83nemofoundgod83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I know the feeling. I was active on STO since it's Beta days over 3 years ago, and I never got a Beta invite. I also bought the Legacy pack for the new Romulan stuff. Also have lifetime subscription. What's the magic key I missed???
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nukara mission rewards have been updated.
      • Update the Tholian Equipment Requisition packs received as rewards for completing missions on Nukara
        • Standard: 75% Green item, 25% Blue item
        • Advanced: 50% Green item, 50% Blue item
        • Elite: Both a Green and a Blue item
      • All very rare (purple) and set items have been removed from these packs, and can now be earned by progressing in the Nukara Strike Force Reputation.

Not cool. :(

To force players to grind for a handful of Tholian marks for hours on multiple characters, but to remove anything good from a chance drop that's no better than trash?

This will not encourage players to do Tholian Marks.
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      I know the feeling. I was active on STO since it's Beta days over 3 years ago, and I never got a Beta invite. I also bought the Legacy pack for the new Romulan stuff. Also have lifetime subscription. What's the magic key I missed???

As I said to the other person who asked:

It's not about account age, it's about how much time you have spent on Tribble in the past. If you're not on Tribble very often, they're not going to let you in until Open Beta access.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      edited May 2013

so.... particle gens helps plasma shockwave a bit less then for example? is that what you mean?
    • Options
      canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      [/LIST]
      [/LIST]Not cool. :(

To force players to grind for a handful of Tholian marks for hours on multiple characters, but to remove anything good from a chance drop that's no better than trash?

This will not encourage players to do Tholian Marks.

I'm feeling a bit more rage-tastic over this. To the point I'm tempted to go start up a "Boycott the Nukara Reputation" thread. I'm not of course, but I have no intention of touching it until they either replace the Tholian Boxes with Fleet Marks (preferably of the amounts currently obtained on Holodeck) or drastically increase the number of Nukara Marks given.
    • Options
      zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      They will be adding Nukura Marks to more Tholian based content, just watch the patch notes for when they do :)
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      Ive been testing the nukara stuff thats given out at DS9

Im not impressed the space set at all grades is underwhelming

The ground set is ok but nothing to write home about

altogether i wont be grinding for tholian marks

I would rather grind for rom marks
    • Options
      zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      I believe they mentioned in a previous patch note for Tribble, that the Nukura items at the test vendor are still a work in progress