What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 2, 2013

Comments

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious... what led you to expect this?

Also, please share your general impressions of the gear rewards in the appropriate feedback forum.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250

We're very interested in hearing what would help this Reputation feel more appealing to players that might be "underwhelmed."

Well I was speaking with a bit of hyperbole, but the proc for Tetryon based weapons is supposed to be shield draining.

I re-outfitted my ship with the mkXII Tetryon weapons including the set Dual beam bank, which was an upgrade from the MkXI phasers I had before, and it felt like I was simply doing less damage overall. The combat took longer (running the same mission with the phasers and the Refracting Tetryon) and it just felt in general weaker. And enemy shields did not go down as quickly.

I'll play around with it some more. But my initial impressions just didn't feel good. I don't actually see a specific threadm the link sends me to the Tribble feedback forum.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When is the Character creator UI being fixed?
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    When is the Character creator UI being fixed?

Furthermore, are we still getting new pieces (hairstyles, body shapes, face shapes etc)? The hairstyles at least we know you guys have known that we wanted, the boss mentioned it.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [*]Update the Tholian Equipment Requisition packs received as rewards for completing missions on Nukara
    • Standard: 75% Green item, 25% Blue item
    • Advanced: 50% Green item, 50% Blue item
    • Elite: Both a Green and a Blue item

Aye... please remove them, they are not even vendor trash now.
    (or consider to add something like a "tholian datachip" [bound to account] to the blue/purple boxes. that grants 5-15 nukara or fleet marks or something like 250 unrefined dilithium upon activation , but with the current loottable they are a joke!)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Boooo to Romulan Aliens.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Players who can create Romulans may see the option to create Remans.
    This should be avoided, because it will cause the sun to plummet towards the Earth.
    Further, character creation will fail and the player will be booted to the login screen.

HAHAHA now we know WHY Earth lost its atmosphere
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hyouki wrote: »
    I haven't looked at the Nukara rep stuff myself, but I keep hearing "Tetryon" tossed about, and that is allegedly supposed to melt shields, so...

Even with the 10% proc chance Tetryon gear from ...The Final Link, was it?...I haven't really noticed Tetryon being any good at melting shields.

The 10% proc chance Tetryon gear is broken and has a 0.001% proc chance :(
  • Options
    oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [*]The default HUD is now more aware of the active ship, power levels, and tray modes, and will resize and reposition the jail cells in response to changes.
    • Note: This should only affect the default HUD layout, if any jail cells have been manually repositioned or resized, the manual changes should not be overriden.

Sounds great....whats it mean?
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    means your tac stuff will be red on the power panel, whereas the engineering stuff will be yellow and sci stuff blue. Not a bad idea actually.
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still hav that BOff Station reset problem, and can't rearrange my HUD in system space.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please can we have a ETA on the fix for boff stations! Please obi wan yo..... sorry wrong franchise.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can't rearrange my HUD in system space.

Definitely painful when you start a new character and can't fix how everything overlaps with that default HUD.
  • Options
    captainforfuncaptainforfun Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice if you fix the boff cloak cd reduction issue with the next patch(they still using the 20 sec as base for reduction not the new 40 sec).

Also i would apreciate a option to dump the singularity charge without using a singularity core ability and without triggering the 5 sec global that they have with the cloak.
    Reynolds / Thokal

U.S.S. Helios -Vesta Class / R.R.W. Dark Science - Dyson Surveillance Science Destroyer
    U.S.S. Donut - Fleet Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit
    TheWiseGuys
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like the Romulan Operative trait works now, manage to cut down my cloak abilities with my Rommie toon Covert Operative trait and 2 of my BOff's with the Basic Rom Operative trait from 40 secs to 31 secs now, gonna see if i can get the Rom BOff with the Superior Romulan Operative traits.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Voiceover audio volume for different characters is all over the place, I have it maxed and music and other sounds effects set to low, but some of it is really hard to hear properly even then.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    captainforfuncaptainforfun Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like the Romulan Operative trait works now, manage to cut down my cloak abilities with my Rommie toon Covert Operative trait and 2 of my BOff's with the Basic Rom Operative trait from 40 secs to 31 secs now, gonna see if i can get the Rom BOff with the Superior Romulan Operative traits.

The Trait itself works, but it still uses 20 sec as basetime for the reduction instead of the 40 sec it should now.
    Reynolds / Thokal

U.S.S. Helios -Vesta Class / R.R.W. Dark Science - Dyson Surveillance Science Destroyer
    U.S.S. Donut - Fleet Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit
    TheWiseGuys
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Couple of things (should probably be in feedback, I know...meh):

1) Running a new toon through the tutorial - there's massive VO overlap as Tovan and the Tutorial voices speak at the same time.
    2) Romulan "Aliens"...eh? Traits are alien to them, eh? Just 3 of the 4 possible Career traits available and nothing else...
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    avitrek wrote: »
    It's not about account age, it's about how much time you have spent on Tribble in the past. If you're not on Tribble very often, they're not going to let you in until Open Beta access.

Not entirely accurate. Guy in my fleet got in - he's played on tribble a sum total of maybe 3 hours for season testing rewards.

Also Zero --

"Players on Wine will need to use a workaround in order to play.
    Workaround detailed here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=22 "

- This mean there is/will be *official* support for running under WINE going forward? I keep a Win7 partition *JUST* for STO because WINE and/or STO updates seem to break it's compatibility when I get it going just right.
  • Options
    kartimoz3kartimoz3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still hav that BOff Station reset problem, and can't rearrange my HUD in system space.

The same issue here - I really would appreciate it if you fix it asap! ;)

...at all I?m not surprised - instead I expected this quality!
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so love the colored UI buttons, been waiting on that for a while.

From the previous patch it appears my [Tholian Crystalline Sword] appears to be redundant. Will there be an option to turn this into Nakura Marks, just like the Mk XII upgraded set?

BOff powers needing resetting every map change, I do not like. It may just be me but the problem has gotten slightly worse too. Before I would just have to click a BOff station, and it would kinda get confused and replace all my powers, but now I have to change a BOff out to another and back.

[Additional]
    From what I remember beta testers were chosen not by length of time they've spent on tribble, but when they've spent time on tribble, if it was during testing events, i.e. you have the season test rewards like the tribbles and doffs, AND you left feedback on the forums then you were selected.

This is of course from memory and subject to me possibly making stuff up.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In Aplpha Centauri Block in Rhi System and T'liss System patrolling cant be finished , if you kill all enemy patrols nothing happens score is 0/5 all the time. BOFF problem is still present.
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And don't know if anyone has seen this, but I change the main color of my BOff's gloves and the main color of their uniform changes.

See This Short Video on You Tube

This longer video shows me trying the same thing with my captain, a different bridge officer and various other color parts, i.e. boots, trousers etc.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    salarihsalarih Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zntech wrote: »
    In Aplpha Centauri Block in Rhi System and T'liss System patrolling cant be finished , if you kill all enemy patrols nothing happens score is 0/5 all the time. BOFF problem is still present.
    I also have this problem and filed a bug report. It appears no other systems in the sector can be completed either, 2 others I tried did the same thing.
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just met some alien midgets on the flottilla. Seriously Cryptic, why did you impose these silly creatures on the Romulan faction, too? I was so hoping that Romulans would be spared from these eyesores. They shouldn't even be there canon-wise.
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    Just met some alien midgets on the flottilla. Seriously Cryptic, why did you impose these silly creatures on the Romulan faction, too? I was so hoping that Romulans would be spared from these eyesores. They shouldn't even be there canon-wise.

I concur. Really silly. Just another reason to avoid social zone.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i thought romulan aliens where suppose to be hybrids with restrictions?

is this no longer the case? story wise it makes zero sense for them to be there at all
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gpgtx wrote: »
    i thought romulan aliens where suppose to be hybrids with restrictions?

is this no longer the case? story wise it makes zero sense for them to be there at all

For whatever reason Cryptic decided to make them standard Aliens. The whole Romulan story will make no sense for some random abomination to play..... :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    O.K. so appreciated the Tholian rep stuff is all works in progress, but there are a couple of things that may need to be addressed

See this video for Tactical Initiative 3 with 3 points to squad command allowing you to use the power before it's finished, and a couple of issues with weapon selection. None of this is game breaking, at least I don't think it is, but I suppose the change I would suggest is the power change your weapon to the sword while the power is active, while still allowing you to switch to your other weapon if you so please.

Also I started the vid at ESD to show the lighting problems I've seen mentioned in another post somewhere.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    D'Ral's voiced by T'nae. :P

And I think Tovan's being voiced by Kurland?

And Madran did Avrak.

Achebe and Nevala.

D'Vex is Sokketh, Malem is Burgess or whatever that guy from the Doomsday device mission was called. Starfleet.

D'Ral is in shuttle 5, and... D'Vex is in shuttle 10?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I absolutely LOVE the Color Coded Icons....

Thank You..., Thank YOU..., THANK YOU!!!

:D:D:D:D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif