What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 2, 2013

Comments

• Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe they mentioned in a previous patch note for Tribble, that the Nukura items at the test vendor are still a work in progress

Tetryon based weaponry is hardly worth the grind for marks
  • Options
    jarekcyphusjarekcyphus Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    avitrek wrote: »
    As I said to the other person who asked:

It's not about account age, it's about how much time you have spent on Tribble in the past. If you're not on Tribble very often, they're not going to let you in until Open Beta access.

They say "you need a carrot or a stick." Problem is, Cryptic has the carrot, but won't let us eat it.
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How does one buy Foundry slots on Tribble? It won't let me do it, even though my Tribble characters all have 10,000 RD.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    twistedvaccinetwistedvaccine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Says the server is still unavailable after the patch.. can any light be shed on this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [*]Players who can create Romulans may see the option to create Remans.
    • This should be avoided, because it will cause the sun to plummet towards the Earth.
    As a Romulan allied with the KDF, I have no issue with Earth meeting its just fate and so will help free my Reman brothers in character creation. ;)
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • Options
    morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is there sever still not up

Yeah, its not even that big an update it should be back up already...hmm.
  • Options
    twistedvaccinetwistedvaccine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is there sever still not up

Same issue.. patch has been applied, sever status says green but its a no go...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Same issue.. patch has been applied, sever status says green but its a no go...

Same here.
  • Options
    johrmantieganjohrmantiegan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here... wish there was at least some word as to when to expect the server to come back up
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who cares about marks? If I don't get paid Dil, I'm not playing.

They made the game that way. Can't blame me for playing along.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Who cares about marks? If I don't get paid Dil, I'm not playing.

They made the game that way. Can't blame me for playing along.

If the nukara stuff was better it would be worth the grind but its all tetryon based which means its not worth it.

But i agree i would rather be paid in dil not marks
  • Options
    kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    Same here.

Now the launcher won't even "update". Neverwinter bandwidth collision again?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kasandaro wrote: »

My launcher wont even..launch and i get a prompt about a connection issue.

Looks like NW issues
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kasandaro wrote: »

Perhaps, the Neverwinter servers all crashed a few minutes ago and the launcher for it can't even connect. The forums are crawling over there also.
  • Options
    johrmantieganjohrmantiegan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine's stuck on trying to connect to the account server and NW posted a message stating a lot of folks just got disco'd there...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Mine's stuck on trying to connect to the account server and NW posted a message stating a lot of folks just got disco'd there...

WHAT!! they got a disco at NW and they forgot to invite the the funkiest jive turkey romulan to ever done an afro , platform shoes and bellbottoms?
    ive never been so insulted just for that they are not getting my vinyl of abba :P

My launcher is doing the exact same thing but after a while will get a connection issue prompt.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHAT!! they got a disco at NW and they forgot to invite the the funkiest jive turkey romulan to ever done an afro , platform shoes and bellbottoms?
    ive never been so insulted just for that they are not getting my vinyl of abba :P

My launcher is doing the exact same thing but after a while will get a connection issue prompt.

Yep, my STO launcher won't connect either. So much for playing any Cryptic games for a while.
  • Options
    raklau1971raklau1971 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got done watching some streams and NW beta testers are having the exact same issue with the NW launcher.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive been testing the nukara stuff thats given out at DS9

Im not impressed the space set at all grades is underwhelming

The ground set is ok but nothing to write home about

altogether i wont be grinding for tholian marks

I would rather grind for rom marks
    I gotta agree sadly. I was expecting some serious shield melting power...I am...underwhelmed.
    I believe they mentioned in a previous patch note for Tribble, that the Nukura items at the test vendor are still a work in progress

Well that's good to know. I know one thing, I would not spend 30k Dilithium on any of those Tetryon weapons.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Any news on how long it will take to fix the launchers? mine still wont launch same issue as before.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I was expecting some serious shield melting power...

I'm curious... what led you to expect this?

Also, please share your general impressions of the gear rewards in the appropriate feedback forum.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250

We're very interested in hearing what would help this Reputation feel more appealing to players that might be "underwhelmed."
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for info check out STO's twitter account for up-to-date info on the launcher prob. P.S. it is on cryptic's end, the servers are down, the tribbles died.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Also, please share your general impressions of the gear rewards in the appropriate feedback forum.

We're very interested in hearing what would help this Reputation feel more appealing to players that might be "underwhelmed."

I haven't looked at the Nukara rep stuff myself, but I keep hearing "Tetryon" tossed about, and that is allegedly supposed to melt shields, so...

Even with the 10% proc chance Tetryon gear from ...The Final Link, was it?...I haven't really noticed Tetryon being any good at melting shields.
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I think part of that perception, real or imagined, is that Tetryon is arguably the 2nd worst proc in the game.

Focusing on it with flow caps, you can get to about -500 (x4 shield facings) on a 2.5% chance to proc.

It's resisted by PI, so that would see it cut down to -250 (x4).

That's just a very tiny amount, and not nearly as good as:

> Downing a subsystem, especially shields, for 5s.
    > Debuffing hull resists for -10 to -60(or more?)
    > -60 to each subsystem (-240 power)
    > CrtD

The refracting part might be interesting, I still need to test it - however it's not particularly synergistic with tetryon, which is a weak proc to begin with.

If you want special abilities "Polarized Phasers" or "Polarized Disruptors" or "Phased Tetryon" all seem like much better choices than Refracting atm.
  • Options
    timv94timv94 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mk X Science Kits can once more drop from any enemy who can drop kits in ground combat.

Does that include the Borg Science kit?
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hyouki wrote: »
    I haven't looked at the Nukara rep stuff myself, but I keep hearing "Tetryon" tossed about, and that is allegedly supposed to melt shields, so...

Even with the 10% proc chance Tetryon gear from ...The Final Link, was it?...I haven't really noticed Tetryon being any good at melting shields.

I wish tetryon had a lower base power but higher shield damage which would offer more variety to people looking for making torpedo or mine builds.

Unfortunately, currently, all energy weapons do roughly the same damage and the only difference is the proc and color :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jarekcyphusjarekcyphus Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    for info check out STO's twitter account for up-to-date info on the launcher prob. P.S. it is on cryptic's end, the servers are down, the tribbles died.

For me, the tribbles died yesterday; I've had a "server unavailable" message when logging in since yesterday's patch.
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tribble Server down...

TRIBBLE, was hoping to play a bit tonight.

:(
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif