test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #5

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited April 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Systems Designer Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski reveals details about the upcoming Nukara Strikeforce Reputation in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, I'd say this is one of the best blogs to come out this week in my opinion!

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will it come with missions per tier? like the romulan rep?
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah this a great blog :D I just wish we had a mek'leth like worf had to use with our EV suits :) its over a month from now so maybe the KDF can get one finally lol :D

This is much better though when logging in and actually having choices of what I want to play lol.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Will it come with missions per tier? like the romulan rep?

I would like to know this as well. Not sure whether I want it to or not.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    its a good blog. blogs with new info like this blog needs to happen more than back story blogs for the lor blogs
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow... 150 Nukara marks for a 150 Lobi Set? Not cool!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So long as the content to earn the "Tholian Marks" isn't just on Nukara and the queue events already available, then all should be ok to grind the new Reputation.

I have little interest to go back to Nukara again, and the reputation is not enough to re-grind it again...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would like to know this as well. Not sure whether I want it to or not.

well the one thing I liked about the rom rep was the story with the missions.... which imo would motivate me more to do more omega grinders.

They've set up for plenty of stories.... Tholian Portals... Mirror Stuff...
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No upgrade to the mesh weaver frigate?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What the hell does registering mean? Details please.

Unless Nukara rep comes with a slew of BRAND SPANKIN' NEW Tholian missions and dailies, who the hell would want to go back here and regrind it ALL OVER AGAIN?

How about a space region to accompany the ground maps? Been wanting a space adventure zone for a while now...
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    well the one thing I liked about the rom rep was the story with the missions.... which imo would motivate me more to do more omega grinders.

They've set up for plenty of stories.... Tholian Portals... Mirror Stuff...

I like the stories too. I just didn't like grinding for them. :P

They should've made them an FE arc that started a week or two into Season 7.
    chalpen wrote: »
    Isnt that widow fighter a frigate?
    Are you saying we get a generic frigate?
    /swoooon

The Widow Fighter is a fighter. The Mesh Weaver is the frigate.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So being sure here, if we alread have the MK XII ground Tholian set, if we "register" it, we get 150 Tholian marks total, and we get to keep the set to use? If so, cool. Also, is this being counted as one of the two new ground sets? Or is this new new?

As usual, I suppose further information will come in later dev blogs or will show up on Tribble, but is the Azura Nebula group mission on the list for having Tholian marks and will it then have Fleet, Romulan, and Tholian marks?

Also, any sneak peaks at the new space sets, or can you let us know what makes a Tetryon weapon "Refracting?"

And any chance of getting a Tholian Bridge Officer?
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    I think it gives you marks for the items, and tells the reputation that you do own it, unlocking a costume project for you.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hypl wrote: »

Unless Nukara rep comes with a slew of BRAND SPANKIN' NEW Tholian missions and dailies, who the hell would want to go back here and regrind it ALL OVER AGAIN?

How about a space region to accompany the ground maps? Been wanting a space adventure zone for a while now...

from the sounds of the blog. "registering" the set, unlocks it in the rep store, you get to keep the items, and get a few marks from it. so you wont have to unlock the set in store through a rep project, able to get more of them if you want to give them to your boffs for some reason.

as for the nukara rep, im sure they will add more. like the Tau Dewa tholian alert will likely hand out marks, and maybe even the Tau Dewa patrol missions that has the tholians in them.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Wow... 150 Nukara marks for a 150 Lobi Set? Not cool!

You get to keep the set..... so you are complaining about getting 150 marks for nothing....derp....

Most of the questions and complaints are reading comprehension fails.....
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You get to keep the set..... so you are complaining about getting 150 marks for nothing....derp....

Well, in exchange for your 150 lobi. :p

Don't get me wrong, I think the idea is good: if they paid Lobi for the set, they should get a bit of a bonus for having it. I'm not sure 150 Tholian Marks is exactly what it should be worth, though.

I do see the two sides to it: one, you don't want a lot of marks to be available right away, because then people with the set will just blow through the rep without any effort. On the other hand, you want to give them some reward.

I would probably enhance the upgrade somehow, though I'm not sure exactly how. Have the Rep project change the 'old' gear into "Prototype" Mk XII Crystalline Shell stuff with a different color (but the same stats)? Or give say 5,000 dilithium ore per piece plus the 50 marks?

I don't know. I can understand people feeling that 50 marks per piece is a bit stingy, though.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only thing that could make this better would be a equipment slot for Captains and their BOFFs for the environment suits so I don't have to carry them around.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Nice idea, but I'm getting tired of you removing our free drops and charging us through the nose for them. Not to mention that these box drops are a great source of EC income as the elite boxes sell on the exchange for 200,000 a piece. Then there's the additional Dilithium this rep system is going to require. Now I understand why you're giving us the 50K for the Crystalline event, it's so we can buy all the stuff we already had that you're taking away from us.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Get your standard tholian ground set now before it costs money.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Most of the questions and complaints are reading comprehension fails.....

THIS
    squishkin wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I think the idea is good: if they paid Lobi for the set, they should get a bit of a bonus for having it. I'm not sure 150 Tholian Marks is exactly what it should be worth, though.

I do see the two sides to it: one, you don't want a lot of marks to be available right away, because then people with the set will just blow through the rep without any effort. On the other hand, you want to give them some reward.

I would probably enhance the upgrade somehow, though I'm not sure exactly how. Have the Rep project change the 'old' gear into "Prototype" Mk XII Crystalline Shell stuff with a different color (but the same stats)? Or give say 5,000 dilithium ore per piece plus the 50 marks?

I don't know. I can understand people feeling that 50 marks per piece is a bit stingy, though.
    /thanks

And 150 lobi are just ~20 Lockboxes but hey...

Most .... are reading comprehension fails.....
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well the idea sounds great. Looks like plenty of kit to buy, even though most of it is recycled stuff we can get now, but this doesn't bother me.

What does is that I see a distinct lack of explanation as to how we earn these marks outside Nukara and certain Romulan Mark missions like Azura - which means I get the impression that content wise there will be no new missions.

I am disappointed, I was hoping for STF style Tholian missions to go along with the rep system.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There was nothing mentioned with Nukara itself. What's going to happen?

Are those Nukara missions going to change from Fleet Marks to Tholian Reptutation marks? If so, where are players going to go whom don't want to do Fleet Mark Events?

And if you are redoing Nukara, you going to fix that frustrating respawn rate?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Another Rep to grind? Hmmm... I suppose that's ok. Something to do, I guess. Not too keen about Nukara though... I left STO during S6 when that was the big new thing. I really hope they add more missions/story. Also, the mission rewards need to pay out better than the Romulan Mark missions (ie, more along the lines of STF rewards). Playing a 15-20min mission and getting 10 Marks is sad vs. a 10-15min ESTF that gives near 100 (plus Dil and equipment drops).
    ...if they paid Lobi for the set, they should get a bit of a bonus for having it...
    If you paid Lobi for the Mk XII set, you got the Mk XII set. End of transaction. The fact that they are adding additional value to your set (ie 150 Marks) is entirely bonus and not only do you get a jumpstart on others that will have to wait out the time grind to get an Mk XII set, as you'll already have one, you won't have to pay the Dilithiuim/Mark/Resource cost to buy the set in-game.

It's like you bought a meal, you've eaten the meal, and now that they are offering you free, previously unadvertised, dessert, you're gripping that it's only 1 scoop, and there's not enough whipped cream!

>shakes head< :rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a question regarding the current Tholian ground set...

If you get on of the items from the req box, but already have the full set, can you still trade them in for marks?
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope fleet marks will be removed from the Nukara missions.

Unless your in a group comprised of fleet members you should not receive fleet marks for any content outside the specific fleet mark queues imo.
  • viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So the once unique Tholian Widow Fighter combat pets are now going to be available for any ship with a hanger bay?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wait, you're removing free gear AGAIN? :mad:

Seriously, this is completely ridiculous. Why are you removing the tholian reward boxes with weapons and EV suit? Can't you build new content for once?

If all you can do is revamping old content to remove free gear to put it behind paygates, don't call that an update.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013

No, in exchange for nothing. You paid 150 lobi for a better set and you received one. I'm not really understanding how you guys are thinking that you are more deserving of anything. They could just let you keep the set you paid 150 lobi for and GIVE YOU NOTHING. Then charge anyone else who wants it when the new rep drops some ungodly number of Nukara marks.

Another Rep to grind? Hmmm... I suppose that's ok. Something to do, I guess. Not too keen about Nukara though... I left STO during S6 when that was the big new thing. I really hope they add more missions/story. Also, the mission rewards need to pay out better than the Romulan Mark missions (ie, more along the lines of STF rewards). Playing a 15-20min mission and getting 10 Marks is sad vs. a 10-15min ESTF that gives near 100 (plus Dil and equipment drops).

If you paid Lobi for the Mk XII set, you got the Mk XII set. End of transaction. The fact that they are adding additional value to your set (ie 150 Marks) is entirely bonus and not only do you get a jumpstart on others that will have to wait out the time grind to get an Mk XII set, as you'll already have one, you won't have to pay the Dilithiuim/Mark/Resource cost to buy the set in-game.

It's like you bought a meal, you've eaten the meal, and now that they are offering you free, previously unadvertised, dessert, you're gripping that it's only 1 scoop, and there's not enough whipped cream!

>shakes head< :rolleyes:

^^^^ Glad someone else has common sense too...

Perhaps someone can make the argument that a person paying 150 lobi paid money vs a person who will now be able to earn it through free game play... However, the decision to pay 150 lobi in the past or between now and the drop of LoR is entirely up to you, it's your choice. The only value you receive is that you get something that for the moment, no one else can get without paying real money and Cryptic owes you nothing for that. Thank them for your 150 marks and be happy.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Someone brought up a good point... are fleet marks being removed form Nukara, and ofr that matter Defera?

That would be very unfortunate.... :(
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Nice. Bought a bunch of packs off the exchange today and finally got the Cryo launcher. As well as enough suits to outfit my entire away team. Spent the lobi to get the mk 12 versions for my toon and things are good.