Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 9, 2013

13»

Comments

• Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please, just don't. The <blink> tag is finally dying a well-deserved death, we don't need it back as part of the UI.

Having everything pulsating is going to be very, very distracting. There's a reason ships don't have blinking red lights during battle-stations - it would be hard as hell to focus on what needs to be done.

If ANYTHING should blink, it should be you ship's health once it drops below 25 or 50%. I get popped in the Chel Grett because it is difficult to notice the health in your peripheral vision.

It's not a glaringly obvious <Blink> effect, it's a light pulsating effect that whilst barely noticeable does give a little life to the UI in line with the LCARS feel.

As for my own feelings on the UI, can it be made more noticeable when an exploit attack will trigger it's exploit effect, as it stands the border is barely noticeable in the heat of battle.
  • Options
    hjorlwulfhjorlwulf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As someone that started a House (Fleet) on the Klingon side just after the Starbases became online, you will burn out very quickly trying to build a Starbase/Embassy with only one man - in my case, several friends helped a bit, but still it was 95% me, and after getting the Starbase to just over Tier 1, and seeing what the (then new) Embassy would take - I burned out and took a couple months off. Not recommended .....
    "...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl

"Dan and Cryptic have spoken out the sides of their mouths so much I expect beads, whiskey and Polio blankets for the KDF any day now." - Roach
  • Options
    jshignjshign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hjorlwulf wrote: »
    As someone that started a House (Fleet) on the Klingon side just after the Starbases became online, you will burn out very quickly trying to build a Starbase/Embassy with only one man - in my case, several friends helped a bit, but still it was 95% me, and after getting the Starbase to just over Tier 1, and seeing what the (then new) Embassy would take - I burned out and took a couple months off. Not recommended .....

Oh, I get that. Mostly the big problem I have is that I do that anyway, so it's not a huge issue for me.
    Klingons: Today, is a good day to die.
    Federation: Today, no one needs to die.
    Romulans: Today is a good day for somebody else to die.
  • Options
    pfreemanpfreeman Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just like to report that I stall cannot get past the 'adjust your brightness' screen. Running STO in WINE.

peter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited April 2013
    What gear specifically is being stripped?

Its not just gear missing as the main problem:

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2013-04-08_00020.jpg

DRATS, boffs stations gone same with all my doffs, but ship gear and even personal inventory were there on that transfer

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2013-04-08_00017.jpg

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2013-04-08_00019.jpg

I'm guessing my crew staged a mutiny :eek: and left since i wouldn't take them to Risa for the bikini competition ;)

On this transfer it took forever to get to DS9

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2013-04-03_00023.jpg

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2013-04-03_00024.jpg

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2013-04-03_00022.jpg

both toons were transferred over the last week if that helps

Good Bug Hunting all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pfreeman wrote: »
    Just like to report that I stall cannot get past the 'adjust your brightness' screen. Running STO in WINE.

peter

Workaround:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8898701&postcount=22
  • Options
    hjayfisherhjayfisher Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2013

UI:

[*]Removed the weapons fire buttons from space power tray mode 3.
    • They remain on mode 4.

I use these buttons all the time on holodeck. They are convenient to all bridge officer and power tray abilities.
    • Options
      shrapne11shrapne11 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      So when will we begin testing out the new faction? It'd be nice to have enough time to create and fully level one of each character class before the release.

I created a new fed to test the new character creation system. It looks nicer but doesn't seem to be more efficient. It is probably just because I have not used it enough and am totally accustomed to the old setup.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Something to note, all the cutscenes on New Romulus, from the reputation missions, have messed up animations. Half the time the characters get stuck mid-walk, and look like they've been frozen from the neck down.
      U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
      Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
      Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
    • Options
      pfreemanpfreeman Member Posts: 86 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      hjayfisher wrote: »
      I use these buttons all the time on holodeck. They are convenient to all bridge officer and power tray abilities.

I just attempted to launch it with the workaround (wasn't aware we were back to using it). I got as far as I've gotten in the past (gama settings) but this time when I move the mouse STO crashed and get me a crash report window.

Report #19572081

peter
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      merloidermerloider Member Posts: 16 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Received this error at startup below the Legacy of Romulus splash graphic:

- Pixel shader compilation WARNING, (compile error code = D3D_OK 0x0): Shaders_Processed/Dyn/D3d/Effects/Ssao_Prepass_7718ab07.Phl (ps_4_0)
      - For the above error, I have the client using the DX11 renderer.

I'm using ATI Catalyst 13.1 on a Radeon HD 6970. System is an i7 @ 3.4 GHz with 16 GB of RAM.

In addition:

- There is no background in my tailor. It is white with a bit of a grey shadow as you travel towards the bottom of the screen.
      - The Advanced UI no longer has any visible hash marks for the sliders. As the points of reference have disappeared, it is extremely difficult to accurately guess what the sliders are set at.
    • Options
      frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      • Updated the space HUD:
        • Personal buffs in space have been moved lower, closer to the shield indicator.

The timer still overlaps with the buff icon making the number seconds remaining hard to read. Please increase the distance between the timer and the buff icon.
      Waiting for a programmer ...
      qVpg1km.png
    • Options
      keeny75keeny75 Member Posts: 319 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      One of may UI issues is that I'm a space phaser user and now and then I knock a subsystem offline. And flashes up OFFLINE. But I can't seem to see what has been knocked offline.
      So I'm unable to use this offline information to my advantage.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      I created a new character on Tribble, and the character and ship didn't show up in the tailor or ship customizer until I left ESD and/or completed a mission or two.