test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 28, 2013

Comments

• p3aussiep3aussie Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The patch notes list the following:

Romulan gameplay is also not available at this time per this post: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=595951

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So with the romulan and Klingon creation option disabled, for those who have transferred character that are already over level 25 in federation, does this give them the accessibility to automatically get those faction once you have unlocked it on the test server?
  • krunk500krunk500 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    p3aussie wrote: »
    So with the romulan and Klingon creation option disabled, for those who have transferred character that are already over level 25 in federation, does this give them the accessibility to automatically get those faction once you have unlocked it on the test server?

Negative... i suppose, i have a lvl 50 fed i transfered and i cant make a new kling,rom.
    I dont feel like leveling my 16 either lol
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My 1st impression. I like the new UI on KDF characters, it is much easier on the eyes although I will admit to being disappointed that we did not get the hoped for customizable color pallet. I don't really care for the burnt amber color of the KDF UI elements and would prefer it if I could select more neutral colors as well as being able to control the level of transparency for UI windows.. Things like highlighting when enabling autofire on weapon icons is still very difficult to discern with that choice of color. UI scaling seems to have a problem where scaling the ui below a certain amount introduces graphic artifacts around buttons on a DVI monitor.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    p3aussie wrote: »

If I am understanding your question correctly, you are asking if you need to be 25 once play in the Romulan or Klingon Faction is unlocked?

That being said, If I understand Cryptics master plan (at take that for what it is worth) Once the faction is unlocked it should not matter what your level is on a Federation character. you will be able to create a Romulan or Klingon from the beginning.

That said both are locked at the moment, so you can't create any.
  • greathandlergreathandler Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Was removed by me as I found my problem elsewhere
  • p3aussiep3aussie Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If I am understanding your question correctly, you are asking if you need to be 25 once play in the Romulan or Klingon Faction is unlocked?

That being said, If I understand Cryptics master plan (at take that for what it is worth) Once the faction is unlocked it should not matter what your level is on a Federation character. you will be able to create a Romulan or Klingon from the beginning.

That said both are locked at the moment, so you can't create any.

So even if you transfer a toon that past lvl 25 or create a new toon and you get it past lvl 25 it should unlock.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The LCARS look is too cartoonish, it really should be sharper and more refined.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Really, Auxiliary configuration Offense or Defense.....

Tac captains getting a nerf there since most of the Sci/Eng captains in my fleet can run 125 weapons and aux continuously.....

Ask them how. Engineers don't get 100% uptime on EPS Transfer, and Sci doesn't get any powers that directly increase their power levels.

The damage boost will be minimal at best, anyway. At 125, you'd only be seeing +25 or so to each of the skills, which would only add up to around +12% or so of the base damage. Since it's weapon damage, Tacs can easily multiply that through the nose, so they'll probably come out ahead anyway.
  • rpg4everrpg4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is tribble still down? ever since i tried to update on 03-26-2013 ( i hadnt yet read it was down) its been crashing, when i first updated, it got 25% then froze, crashed, then ever since it wont update at all, just crash, and i just want to know if this is normal when its down, if it even is still down, which reading the comments, it deosnt sound like it. if im in the wrong for asking this here, sorry, and i will take it to the section im directed to.
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rpg4ever wrote: »
    Is tribble still down? ever since i tried to update on 03-26-2013 ( i hadnt yet read it was down) its been crashing, when i first updated, it got 25% then froze, crashed, then ever since it wont update at all, just crash, and i just want to know if this is normal when its down, if it even is still down, which reading the comments, it deosnt sound like it. if im in the wrong for asking this here, sorry, and i will take it to the section im directed to.

It was up, but apparently just went down a short bit ago. Testing now to see if it's back up again.

EDIT: Yup...still down. Kicked me and started timing out at "connecting to login server" about 20-30 mins ago.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    The LCARS look is too cartoonish, it really should be sharper and more refined.
    Yes I noticed this as well, hopefully it's still a work in progress and will smoothed before release.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • rpg4everrpg4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    adwynyth wrote: »
    It was up, but apparently just went down a short bit ago. Testing now to see if it's back up again.

EDIT: Yup...still down. Kicked me and started timing out at "connecting to login server" about 20-30 mins ago.

thanks for letting me know, that answers both questions, not only is it down, but it sounds like its also an issue i should report, since it deosnt just time me out, its actually crashing the sto launcher.
  • zolarkzolark Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looks like it is still down. I can't get passed the connecting to log in server screen
  • dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just finished downloading the game from Tribble, however, when the game is loaded and launched a 'screen adjustment' window appears. This window is inoperative and there is no way I can interact with it to move on into the game.
  • alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah I know they just installed the new character creater a day or 2 ago.

But boy oh boy is it touchie.

Have they also elemated the chose your own trails or is that locked up for a while ??
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Have they also elemated the chose your own trails or is that locked up for a while ??
    [/I][/B]

you set your traits in game now after you made your toon.
  • jimclonkjimclonk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My impression to the new interface look is that it looks more "Star Trek-Like".
    There sure is room for improvements but now I can clearly tell that what I am playing is a Star Trek game.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i wonder if the delta class shuttle will also have the ability to remove the USS prefix

it would also be nice if you could have it so the registry number match your ship with a /1 or other number after it on shuttles and other small craft like in the show the Galileo was NCC-1701/7 as it was the seventh shuttle in there inventory

now that is not really game breaking or any thing so far though i like the UI changes i can finally play my KDF with out triggering my migraines
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Changes are good but is this really good?
    To paste new UI on buggy matrix hhmmmm ?
    Why new reputation with Nukara marks is in it enough star base,embassy,omega,romulan , reputation ?
    Is it really ok to make one to another ripoff how many ripof-marks we should expect from you in the future ?

For 3 years I am thinking to pay life time subscription, but I cant cause it still ringing in my ears answer ticket from your support (with out any apologies or anything just (**** HAPPENS-shortly)

That was happen last year (during major backup-maintenance of your servers ) 48 hrs of work and get on all of 3 characters on my account was complete ruined - erased. I quit my monthly subscription after that.

Today My UI interface are so fu**** on live holodeck server that on Klingon faction i cant change outfit and cant edit it to .The list with stupidities and bugs are so long that our Galaxy look like spot in compare with it.

I say again it is good to change something or everything but I see that this changes are inspired by greed and lost for money, very bad cosmetic work extreme amateur. For last 3 years this game is in constant alpha or beta phase never was in full functional mode .Yesterday i was on fleet duty Klingon (500 strong) and new Federation fleet (48 strong) for 24 hrs 15 people show up , in 10 pm you couldn't queued for STF have to wait 15-25 min for start.Why is that?

Do you really listen community of players and read GM and other tickets ?
    Are you capable to develop and maintain this project or you just act that you can do that ?
    Why don't you involve players community in development and other we can really help ?

I beg Cryptic and PW to fix this game first then make cosmetic changes , if you don't do that people will left and you will close for-good .
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i think there lost the password to the in game reports bugs because i got 4 members of me fleet to report the fire caves mission bacause boff dont like crossing the bridges 1 time 1 killed her self that was 10-11 mths ago. n only this week i had to help a new member do that mission because his boff were doing the same thing. getting half way accross then runing back to start of the bridge n thats with telling them were to go.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i dont know what you guys did there but i have horrible performance on tribble. i guess less than 10 frames (even in main menu) while i have around 60 on holodeck
    What ? Calaway.
  • rockman60rockman60 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I deleted my playtest directory and re-downed.... fixed the char selection screen for me.:cool:
  • rockman60rockman60 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rpg4ever wrote: »
    thanks for letting me know, that answers both questions, not only is it down, but it sounds like its also an issue i should report, since it deosnt just time me out, its actually crashing the sto launcher.

Try deleting your playtest directory and re-downloading.
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can we also keep the old UI and just get more color varieties ?:(
  • onedallarbillonedallarbill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Over all I think the new UI COULD be nice although I think some tweaks need to be made. First off the popup dialogue window is way too big and I understand that the artwork in it may be a placeholder or unfinished but it looks cheesy and it also makes no since for my bridge officers to be on my main view screen when they are on the bridge with me. Second the character portrait looks terrible and needs to be redone same with the mini map. Although the resizing of the mini map is a great addition. And finally the option to change the colors would be nice some of us don't really like the TNG color pallet. I prefer the green and blue colors of the Enterprise A and B. Which is closer to the UI you currently have. Another thing you could do is make it so you can minimize the mission tracker. It can get in the way sometimes and clutters up the screen.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just wondering how much of this will be in Thursday's patch?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • sechserpackungsechserpackung Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cutting the Cord currently has the following problem:

It is impossible to destroy the last gateway after defeating Sela as only 2 of the usual 3 weakspots are visible.
    As such the mission can not be completed.

This happened while playing as a Klingon.
  • adamrezeau1982adamrezeau1982 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm mostly pleased on the work that's been done on the UI. I know that can't be easy to change so completely and please everybody, but I wanted to offer a couple thoughts that I hope are constructive.
    1) Font's would appear to still need a bit of finessing. Currently I'd characterize almost all fonts as a little too sharp. With the variable sizes being used, as they get smaller I think it becomes important to smooth the font out a little to help refine the look. Some also appear to be using an outline style (an example might be the tier number set against the reputation selection button), which just appears a little too busy.
    2) I know some other people have feelings in the other direction on this, but there's something about the color green to identify friendly ships that just doesn't seem to work with a Federation LCARS inspired color scheme (works wonderfully for the Romulans though).
    3) I'd argue that the TNG and VOY schemes need bolder color choices. Display buttons tended to feature bold oranges, and pinks and golds, and I don't see those color combinations.
    Can't wait til May!
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hitting the "full Impulse" button in sector space initiates the quantum Slipstream drive, instead of just going to Max Warp.
    This is really annoying.
    Quantum Slipstream (or a similar power) should have a button of its own IMO.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • admiralblackbaradmiralblackbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yreodred wrote: »
    Hitting the "full Impulse" button in sector space initiates the quantum Slipstream drive, instead of just going to Max Warp.
    This is really annoying.
    Quantum Slipstream (or a similar power) should have a button of its own IMO.

The button you mention IS that separate button. The 'Full Impulse' button was never in sector space, and now that it is there, it engages Quantum Slipstream.