What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Place your bets here!

Comments

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the movie is made

Yeah except.........the kids are still waiting for the flamethrower. It's still bugged I guess but they are working on it. We already have the bran flakes cereal and I look forward to the doll next week.

May the schwartz be with you.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The announcement will be a new lockbox. Also, the JHAS is going to become a C-Store ship :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok, I'm going to place my bet on LOTS of red colored tears, in game and all over the forums over the next almost 2 months until the May update is dropped on us probably on the 16th - the day before JJTrek2 opens up. :P
  • jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To tell the truth, I am not really sure what they will do when the countdown gets to zero. But I recommend everyone watch this video before. I think it will really help
    http://youtu.be/fNLUlCgrVX8

Beers,

Jengoz =/

"Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah except.........the kids are still waiting for the flamethrower. It's still bugged I guess but they are working on it. We already have the bran flakes cereal and I look forward to the doll next week.

May the schwartz be with you.

The only problem with the flamethrower, is that Cryptic are making it not worth using by nerfing it with each Tribble update ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Are devs allowed to participate in this bet? Or is that considered insider betting?

No, by all means! Go right on ahead! :D
    voporak wrote: »
    P.S. NOW they add [Acc]x2 Advanced fleet weapons after I already sunk my dilithium and fleet credits into the [Acc]x1 weapons. :mad:

TRIBBLE. :( Ah well, better late than never I guess.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Romulan faction and forum rage over the game not being ready. Romulan Story content and forum rage over there not being a faction. Forum rage no matter what is announced.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Forum rage no matter what is announced.

That's cheating!
  • mikenight00mikenight00 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Everyone's rep items will be deleted, and everyone's rep will be reset to zero. It'll take 500k to reach Tier V and all rep items cost will be doubled. Also dil will be consumed by ships as a form of gas to keep them moving. Get ready to grind until your fingers bleed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Never Forget 5/21
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmm.. my bet would be an entire Site devoted to a Romulan Faction complete with Tribble Patch notes to begin testing of May's release.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That's cheating!

Nope. It's the truth. There will be rage no matter what. Everyone knows that.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    An announcement of the next Fleet Holding.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) End game or mid game FE's hopefully longer than the dominion FE's.

2) New lockbox.

3) Previews of season 8

4) Potentially a new faction (Romulan) announced. (even though I think it would be a bad business decision at this point considering if they cant even finish a second faction and add a 3rd history will then repeat itself and instead of having one unfinished faction you will have two and the numbers will grow and people will band together and be epicily angry. just a guess though.)

5) developers blog.

6) *crosses fingers* iconians :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

1st,2nd,3rd & 5th are the most likely.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been saying this for a little while now in fleet chat as well as in the forums here and there, but a Romulan invasion event.

More than likely it will be the return of the tal shiar backed by the iconians (as evidenced by the last teaser image) and will probably come with a romulan lockbox (maybe iconian, but doubtful)

Two things keep me from believing that it's a romulan faction, one of which is the backlash from the KDF community, and the second is that i think if cryptic were doing a third faction, they would be bragging their behinds off about it being "great new content". No matter how good or bad it might be, they would be throwing up notices for such a thing to rope in more people to play, no making in a mystery event.

My most likely guess is either the Above mentioned invasion event, or at its least, an invasion themed Featured Episode, but an invasion none the less.
  • targpetz101targpetz101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1000 lobi for there NOT to be a finished KDF.
    [SIGPIC]This is not as good as it used to be...[/SIGPIC]
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A season long mission with the Tal Shiar returning, Iconians helping them, Romulan Lock Box ships, and a final reward of a playable Romulan for the faction of your choice. They have their own unique racial traits, and costume options. The lock boxes will grant romulan boff and doff packs as well as every ship in the game that is a rom. ship. It will create a 3rd faction without a 3rd faction since they opperate off either the fed or kling faction already.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A really short preview of "Season 8" (more to come...) + a new Lockbox Ship and Lobi's are changed to bind on account (ok, the last one won't happen, but: One can always dream!)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    A season long mission with the Tal Shiar returning, Iconians helping them, Romulan Lock Box ships, and a final reward of a playable Romulan for the faction of your choice. They have their own unique racial traits, and costume options. The lock boxes will grant romulan boff and doff packs as well as every ship in the game that is a rom. ship. It will create a 3rd faction without a 3rd faction since they opperate off either the fed or kling faction already.

They said they were looking into doing an actual playable faction as opposed to the playable romulan idea they originally had, so a Romulan lock box with ships would kill the faction idea.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • transam83transam83 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They said they were looking into doing an actual playable faction as opposed to the playable romulan idea they originally had, so a Romulan lock box with ships would kill the faction idea.

LOL another player hyping himself up for disappointment. Sorry to break it to you, but there is going to be NO romulan faction and NO romulan lockbox.

So stop pre building your romulan starbase and ship.
  • transam83transam83 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) End game or mid game FE's hopefully longer than the dominion FE's.

2) New lockbox.

3) Previews of season 8

4) Potentially a new faction (Romulan) announced. (even though I think it would be a bad business decision at this point considering if they cant even finish a second faction and add a 3rd history will then repeat itself and instead of having one unfinished faction you will have two and the numbers will grow and people will band together and be epicily angry. just a guess though.)

5) developers blog.

6) *crosses fingers* iconians :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

1st,2nd,3rd & 5th are the most likely.

Another player hyped up for disappointment. Too funny.

Romulan faction coming? No, save yourself the heart break.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been saying this for a little while now in fleet chat as well as in the forums here and there, but a Romulan invasion event.

More than likely it will be the return of the tal shiar backed by the iconians (as evidenced by the last teaser image) and will probably come with a romulan lockbox (maybe iconian, but doubtful)

Two things keep me from believing that it's a romulan faction, one of which is the backlash from the KDF community, and the second is that i think if cryptic were doing a third faction, they would be bragging their behinds off about it being "great new content". No matter how good or bad it might be, they would be throwing up notices for such a thing to rope in more people to play, no making in a mystery event.

My most likely guess is either the Above mentioned invasion event, or at its least, an invasion themed Featured Episode, but an invasion none the less.

Neither of the things in BOLD make sense...

The 'Klingon Faction' in this game has been on the rampage previously in these forums..., on more than one occasion...
    This is nothing new and is highly unlikely to be a deterrent to Cryptic adding a Third Faction.

Secondly, Cryptic IS bragging Their collective asses off...
    The ad campaign we've seen unfolding over the last couple of months has been nothing like any other They have rolled out, since the BETA days of this game.

It may not be a new Faction, I don't really have any insight, but starting in a little over eight hours, we are going to see a lot of 'notices' about whatever IS coming and frankly, it might just be a Romulan Faction.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    transam83 wrote: »

Won't you look rather silly if you're wrong...

Why do you feel it necessary to try and be the "Buzz-Kill" for these folks.

Did your parents never give you what you actually wanted for any of your birthdays?

Are you so tormented that you feel it's necessary to try and ruin other peoples expectations, even if they are wrong.

I guess I just don't understand that kind of behavior.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • inosaskainosaska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to say Romulans because nothing is kept this badly in secret which reminds me a lot of Paris Blizzcon anyone? Ya everyone was saying noooo its not Diablo 3 and first I'm like so hell has frozen over well here comes Diablo 3. No one believed me but it happened.
  • mrfrisbymrfrisby Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Continue with the Undine Advance Episodes and Iconian ships DOFF's http://www.stowiki.org/File:Obex_profile.png
    http://www.stowiki.org/File:Iconian_Concept.png
    edited March 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I guess I just don't understand that kind of behavior.

He never got hugged enough.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Someone is going to go nuts, and snap go insane, and break the Prime directive....It's not Trek till someone snaps.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I bet 5 quatloos that it will be something we'll all ***** about. ;)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My bet is that the KDF will win the war against the Federation, absorb all Federation exclusives, and the KDF will become the primary faction and entitled to all the special treatment as such.

I mean, as long as we're just wildly throwing TRIBBLE out there, I might as well post what I want to have :P
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    transam83 wrote: »

sorry to disappoint you but im not hyped up at all so save your condescending tone and smirk for someone else, im mearly saying what im expecting not what i want.

expectations and wanting something are too different things, i doubt you even read the post properly you just glanced at it and impulse posted like a moron, in which by the way my expectations are low, those i posted were mearly possibilities.

quote to me exactly where i actually said "i am hyped up I SOOO WANT THIS TO HAPPEN"? no? you cant? because i didnt say or imply any such thing better luck next time troll.