What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Place your bets here!

Comments

• Options
    wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Complains, complains is what will happen, a lot of them.
    Bastet
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Obviously a fake site. :P
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We are getting a Romulan Faction in May. Period.

This is a 100 % save bet.:cool:

In Germany, the countdown is already over:

http://sto.de.perfectworld.eu/legacyofromulus

Don't forget to claim your cookie from centersolace
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    meh dissappointing - if after all this hughe countdown and secrecy - all you get is some crappy lockboxes and zen TRIBBLE and "news" for a patch in another 2 months.

Defiance beta is starting and game goes live in april... im bored of sto and i doubt ill just wait another 2 months for "improvements to milk more money".
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have never been happier to lose a bet in my life. In tears because I am so damn joyful!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Uhm... I just see the CD timer on the linked German pic... where did this info come from??
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Uhm... I just see the CD timer on the linked German pic... where did this info come from??

They updated the site just a few minutes ago so it just displays the counter.
    You're a tiny bit too late I'm afraid.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    They updated the site just a few minutes ago so it just displays the counter.
    You're a tiny bit too late I'm afraid.

That would explain it I guess...

Nice one Cryptic...Who goofed this time round?? not a good thing to let the cat out of the bag early...

That being said.. WOOOT Romulan faction :cool:
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just go to Google. Search for: http://sto.de.perfectworld.eu/legacyofromulus

Should be the first result. Click on Cached.

"Romulus and Remus are past. You're one of the survivors and struggling with the aftermath of the destruction.

These are dark and dangerous times for your people, the Tal Shiar tolerates no opponents and a mysterious creature spreads terror among the scattered colony worlds.

You must build the Empire again. Gather allies goes into the ground and mobilize your people.

Together you will lift you and ask for your freedom. You will fight for your people.

You are the heir of Romulus."
  • Options
    chazzy88chazzy88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would hedge a guess that yes a Romulan faction is announced. But it begins with a story mission leading up to the large scale Tal Shiar force claiming they are the rightful leaders of the Romulan empire.
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Everyone excited? Less than 5 min!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Less than five minutes. :D
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's the end of the universe as we know it Jim...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ok guys we are going to do this again for the Americans...but with FEELING:P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    It's the end of the universe as we know it Jim...

He's dead Jim....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,525 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Less than five minutes. :D

Until the servers go down for maintenance.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    HERE WE GOOO...again
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    All Hail the Romulan Republic !!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oooh, shiny retrait tokens and improved UI
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wasn't looking forward to romulans. I am now.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When do I get my cookie???

:D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *Puts my replicator rations on the table for losing the bet*

I was off... way off.... and frankly it's one of the few times i'm very glad for it.
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Basically EVERYHING screams "ZEN MOAR ZEN" - unlock "special " traits and reorganize, Access warbirds, Play as a new faction (unlock char slots) And new reputation project for what you need to nonstop farm boring - most likely new "ground" missions - and the nstill spend insane amoutns of dil to get the gear.

There is nothing abotu any improvements - just mroe milking and delayign to make most out of the game before it completley crashes.
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll take that cookie now just send it air mail via Romulan warbird.:D
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The red colored tears have already started! I would like my crumb winnings please!
  • Options
    voxinvictusvoxinvictus Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    Basically EVERYHING screams "ZEN MOAR ZEN" - unlock "special " traits and reorganize, Access warbirds, Play as a new faction (unlock char slots) And new reputation project for what you need to nonstop farm boring - most likely new "ground" missions - and the nstill spend insane amoutns of dil to get the gear.

Yes, did you not get the memo that the game costs money to make, and exists to make money? As always you can play for free and spend zero dollars, it'll just take longer to accomplish things.
    There is nothing abotu any improvements - just mroe milking and delayign to make most out of the game before it completley crashes.

Adding new missions for KDF so they can do missions from 1-50 is a long awaited improvement. Being able to customize the UI palette is a long awaited improvement. The addition of a totally new faction with new traits, missions, and ships, for free, is a massive, massive improvement. The addition of new content (Tholians and Iconians) is an improvement.

It's incredible how far you will contort yourself to cry about even the most positive news.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    qinnux wrote: »

lol, i for just once am LOOKING FORWARD to finally have a reason to throw some cash on Cryptic. i may also go for LFT.

D'Deridex 3 pack 5000 Zen
    BOP 3 pack (with phased/advanced Battle Cloak) - 5000 Zen
    4 Toon slots 1065 Zen
    DOFF Slots and DOFF Packs - some 3000 Zen

yeah, i surely will be thanking them with some 300-500 EUR in may.
    had no reason to do so for a loooong time.

hoping for a BUNCH of new hair options, a TOS pack, couple of constumes for all existing factions, perhaps also Romulan and KDF off-duty costumes (or their merge with the uniforms).
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    transam83 wrote: »
    LOL another player hyping himself up for disappointment. Sorry to break it to you, but there is going to be NO romulan faction and NO romulan lockbox.

So stop pre building your romulan starbase and ship.
    transam83 wrote: »
    Another player hyped up for disappointment. Too funny.

Romulan faction coming? No, save yourself the heart break.

What does Crow taste like I wonder?
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just go to Google. Search for: http://sto.de.perfectworld.eu/legacyofromulus

Should be the first result. Click on Cached.

"Romulus and Remus are past. You're one of the survivors and struggling with the aftermath of the destruction.

These are dark and dangerous times for your people, the Tal Shiar tolerates no opponents and a mysterious creature spreads terror among the scattered colony worlds.

You must build the Empire again. Gather allies goes into the ground and mobilize your people.

Together you will lift you and ask for your freedom. You will fight for your people.

You are the heir of Romulus."

Lol. Google Translate makes a mess. AGAIN. :D

Still, it is funny, looking at stuff like "Together you will lift you and ask for your freedom." or "Romulus and Remus are past." or "Gather allies goes into the ground and mobilize your people." :)

Edit: Here's some more of the translation from German to English, just for fun.

"Romulan captain to take command of the powerful warbird starships. Drives the machine to the limits and unleashing new singularity cores."

Or this one:

"PLAY AS ROMULANS

Play as Romulans or Remans and dives into new treatment of missions that were written exclusively for the Romulan Republic."

"Denise Crosby returns with her role as Empress Sela. Plays a political cat-and-mouse game and covers the intrigue around the destruction of Romulus."

"Discovers the horrible truth behind a mysterious new enemy who wants to terrorize the Beta Quadrant and wipe your people."

"THOLIANISCHER REPUTATION

Fight for this new Ruffraktion against Tholian and unlock exclusive rewards and benefits for a maximum level Captains."

"NEW IMPROVED FEATURES

Fits your existing properties to new. Unlock new features and improved skills to specialize your captain and your crew even further."

"
    Selects the HUD colors to suit your taste. Experienced a new and improved UI with better options and interactions."

Who says you can't have a lot of fun by simply browsing the Internet...? :D

Re-edit: OOPS. Copy-pasted the HUD thing from the wrong website. Correcting...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg