test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You can stop speculating about a Romulan faction now.

Comments

• Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    inosaska wrote: »
    I bet it is the Romulan faction. If it is I bet a lot of Klingon players will be quitting this game in uproar.

Either way, the Rage and Tears will be of epic proportions. I'll take your bet, what are the stakes?
  • Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Uh...unlike the drone ship, that's not exactly canon now is it?

Enterprise is canon?

Trolololo.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lizwei wrote: »
    Enterprise is canon?

Trolololo.

I see what you did there.....
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    My guess is people don't forget this thing, they just don't like it very much because you need to put a big glowing sign next to it that says
    "100% a Romulan ship, not in any way related to a non-Romulan ship that was on Voyager";)
    Considering how short a time we saw the original.... most people probably forgot about the existence of the chaotic space hulk.... The Romulan droneship was a heavily modified version of it anyways.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lizwei wrote: »
    Enterprise is canon?

Trolololo.

Sure is. Scotty lost Admiral Archer's beagle in Star Trek 2009, cementing Enterprise as Canon! Duh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Khan! Just when I though KDf woudl get some love... BAMB this comes up. :mad: :(

But is it Rom Faction? :confused:

Hope it Is and Not... :rolleyes:
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Considering Cryptic's history, I can't blame the poster for skepticism. Until there actually IS a Romulan selection on character creation, I too must remain skeptical.

We've been "fooled" by Cryptic before.

Yah.. you ahve been folled your life on KDF.
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sure is. Scotty lost Admiral Archer's beagle in Star Trek 2009, cementing Enterprise as Canon! Duh!

available in the lobi store - "temporal beagle" combat pet - 400 lobi
  • Options
    shunofarstarshunofarstar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All i want is a fully fleshed Klingon faction. I have been waiting three years.
  • Options
    inosaskainosaska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I'm just curious what is missing on the Klingon faction besides 1-20 in levels.
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Like I say, I encountered TOS Romulan shoulder drapery (I don't know what those things are called) at the tailor the other day.

I would believe you. I have had things appear in the tailor before their release.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I thought I remember DS saying season 8 would be all about the Klingons....
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Considering how short a time we saw the original.... most people probably forgot about the existence of the chaotic space hulk.... The Romulan droneship was a heavily modified version of it anyways.

Heavy?:)

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/c/cb/Chaotic_space_hulk_CGI_model.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/8/8b/Romulan_drone_ship_%28quarter%29.jpg

You mean they changed the colour a bit and put pimples on it.;)
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I did. But when you have a ship that can disguise itself as any other ship, does it really matter what the bloody thing looks like? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I did. But when you have a ship that can disguise itself as any other ship, does it really matter what the bloody thing looks like? :rolleyes:

Well, the episode calls it a "modified Warbird", so unless "modified" means total reconstruction we can assume that a 22nd century Warbird looks like a Zombie Chicken.
    And I think people want to fly cool-looking birdlike ships and not Zombie Chicken, they don't look intimidating enough.:P
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Mostly just a tutorial for newbies....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What is missing for the kling faction ?

Well for one thing you can check out the costume tab in the c-store.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A quick leveling path, for one thing. On the Federation side all you have to do is zip through planet explorations and you'll hit 50 before you know it. On the Klingon side, I want to go out and kick kitties.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    A quick leveling path, for one thing. On the Federation side all you have to do is zip through planet explorations and you'll hit 50 before you know it. On the Klingon side, I want to go out and kick kitties.

lol

:D

/10 characters
  • Options
    broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Episodic content. For those of use who are not Pvp/endgame players, but like to run episode missions and quests, there is not a whole lot to entice us to play KDF.

It's not really about levels for me. After all, I leveled a number of Fed characters to 50 via the doff system, but I'm still going back and doing all the episode content on them as well. Hooray for level-scaling mission content! :)

But really, if it weren't for the Foundry, there wouldn't be much for my KDF characters to do at all. There are only a handful of dev missions on the KDF side.

Give me fun, immersive content and I'm a happy camper. Give me PvP, raids, and repetitive rep grind, and I'll find something else to invest my entertainment dollars in.

I enjoy the mechanics, atmosphere, and storytelling in STO. It just does not have nearly the amount of quest content that other MMOs do. Which is a shame, because their engine and tools enable them to do some amazingly intricate storytelling.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Trying to get my mind around "what's missing besides 40% of the leveling experience".

I guess not much missing beyond 40% OF THE LEVELING EXPERIENCE. :)

The same argument could could be made if they started at level 50, too; only then it'd be "what's missing besides 1-49 in levels?" :)
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Trying to get my mind around "what's missing besides 40% of the leveling experience".

The same argument could could be made if they started at level 50, too; only then it'd be "what's missing besides 1-49 in levels?" :)

I always thought it was stupid how the KDF moan about the missing levels.

99% of players (stahl stated figure) are at max level. It takes only a couple of weeks max to level a character from 1-50 and once you have done that you never play the storyline missions again.

I see no disadvantage to starting the leveling process at level 20+.

I do however understand the annoyance the KDF have at having to have a Fed character leveled past a certain point in order to roll a klingon.

If that is their major beef perhaps they should focus on that and not the shorter leveling experience.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

99% of players (stahl stated figure) are at max level. It takes only a couple of weeks max to level a character from 1-50 and once you have done that you never play the storyline missions again.

I do however understand the annoyance the KDF have at having to have a Fed character leveled past a certain point in order to roll a klingon.

If that is their major beef perhaps they should focus on that and not the shorter leveling experience.

pretty much my words

give KDF start at lvl1, a new tutorial, adjust some existing missions from the FED's and adjust the lvl scaling for the existing KDF mission = done.

wanna do episodic missions? there is foundry.

not to forget - fix bugs
  • Options
    edited March 2013

I'm with you, 5 of my 8 fed chars I leveled almost exclusively via Doffing and the academy dailies. A soon as I got to 8, I quite playing story missions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    kahless2001kahless2001 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It comes down to equality.

If Star Trek Online wants to give the impression of having more than one faction, they should have equal factions between them.

They need to entice more players to not have to start a Federation character to create a Klingon one. There needs to be a reason for people to play Klingon and currently, the faction is missing that.

The 3 main playable races should be a goal for Star Trek Online in regards to factions and they should be containing equal content, ships, etc.

I'm rather nervous about this find. While I realise a lot of people want to play a Romulan faction, I want to see 3 fully fledged out factions not 1 overly filled one, 1 medium sized one, and 1 small one.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    99% of players (stahl stated figure)
    Stahl's figures are not reliable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Stahl's figures are not reliable.
    Wel,, say what you want, but I'm pretty sure they're more reliable than yours.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want a romulan faction so badly but it could be a bubble. We all know americans like the huge show :P
    The 20 day-countdown with epic images and the allusions is what i call a huge show.
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    pretty much my words

give KDF start at lvl1, a new tutorial, adjust some existing missions from the FED's and adjust the lvl scaling for the existing KDF mission = done.

wanna do episodic missions? there is foundry.

not to forget - fix bugs

The Foundry is not official content (although I do tend to treat stories I like as such for my characters).

This might be a viable option if we get better search mechanisms to filter out the grinders and if Foundry authors would start dividing their missions into multiple parts (perhaps STO needs to up the Foundry slots for them). There is a reason official story missions run in 30-45 minute chunks. Too many of the Foundry missions are in the 1.5 - 3 hour range. Not everyone always has that kind of time.

The fact of the matter is, there are a lot of players who enjoy mission/quest content. Industry stats (from WoW and other major MMOs) note that endgame players (raiders/pvp) are often a small subset of the total playerbase. One major fantasy MMO noted on their own forums that the vast majority of their players are quest players and never touch pvp or raids.

Everyone, of course, has their own opinions about what is the most fun.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

Many of the feds low lvl missions are dull, repetitive, and uninteresting.
    Examples :
    hide and seek (http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Hide_and_Seek)
    stop the signal (only the end is related to story) : http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Stop_the_Signal
    researcher rescue (not related to any storyline) : http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Researcher_Rescue
    war is good for business (same) : http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_War_is_Good_for_Business
    secret order (while related to the storyline, it's another "beam in the station, kill everything, hold the line 1m" mission) : http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Secret_Orders

I can go on, with others missions in romulan space or cardassian space that are just there for Xp between FE.

The FE are the bests missions in STO, and they are available for both side. KDF have KDF only missions that are really good (alpha, Felh'khri storyline, or whatever is spelled).

It's true the KDF could have some more missions. However, considering Fed storyline is more about quantity than quality, ask yourself if you want the same uninteresting missions just for the sake to have more of them, or if you want less but better missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]