Options

Cats & Dogs (and Werewolves)

13»

Comments

• Options
    blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    They could also serve as a counterpart to the Gorn (being generally well-built and strong).

What say you?

welll a new actual scaled alien will be nice.. I mean like your alien can't have scales which makes no sense cause it is an ALIEN not a skined 100% boring mesh covered stick of mud! Fur would be nice as well for aliens... in all your problem can be fixed by allowiung FUR and SCALES to Alien costumes
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nyxinumznyxinumz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No thanks, No furries in the Romulan Faction.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow, that's a neat Space Bear.

Where is that from?

It's from a game called Star Drive.
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I know this comment is several days old, but I must ask. Do people think every person who plays an animal-like character is a furry who engages in wrong acts?

Did you not see how I totally would play as a Space Bear? Some people never had childhoods I guess. :(
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's from a game called Star Drive.

Neat, Thanks! :)
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know this comment is several days old, but I must ask. Do people think every person who plays an animal-like character is a furry who engages in wrong acts?

While I do tend to assume people playing Caitians, Gorn, and Ferasans are likely Furries, I tend not to assume they perform lewd acts for kicks unless their toons are wearing Mirror TOS uniforms and using the Seductive stance and/or have jacked-up bust sliders.

It's all about how you present yourself.
  • Options
    gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    actually, it gives more meaning to the the quote from one of the star trek movies i saw where a kdf general quoted something about "let loose the dogs of war"
    lycan? dogs of war? hey, why not?!
    :)
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    While I do tend to assume people playing Caitians, Gorn, and Ferasans are likely Furries, I tend not to assume they perform lewd acts for kicks unless their toons are wearing Mirror TOS uniforms and using the Seductive stance and/or have jacked-up bust sliders.

I can't even stand when people turn that thing on max. Only time I've used seductive stance was on one character simply because it matched her RP background.
    And Solace, I wasn't talking about you with my previous comment. I was just asking if the majority of haters in this thread think that.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »

I wonder, how do you manage to put something that has no fur (like Gorn) into the furry category?:confused:
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    I wonder, how do you manage to put something that has no fur (like Gorn) into the furry category?:confused:

I think because the Gorn is animal-based and people put any animal-like character in the same category.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think because the Gorn is animal-based and people put any animal-like character in the same category.

Thanks.
    Well, I don't really care about this furry non-furry stuff so it's pretty much a topic I only observe from very far away and on a rather abstract level.
    On an abstract level, one can consider humans to be monkey-based so there's not really that much difference there.:)

But...while I can point to werewolves and say what animal they were based on...I can't do that with something like the Gorn.
    So are Gorn really animal-based (like the Samurai-bear from Stardrive) or are they just what you get when you evolve from a reptile in general instead of one particular earth animal?

Sorry, I feel kinda philosophical today.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »

Well technically Gorn would be filed under "Scalie", but it's really the exact same thing as Furry, just with scales instead of fur.
  • Options
    evendzharevendzhar Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for putting the image of two TOS Gorn rubber suit men doing it like they do on the Discovery Channel in my head.
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I seem to remember sombody showing me a model design for some kind of big bad guy for Enterprise that looke like a werewolf from "Dog Soldiers", but the show got canned.

Maybe use those.
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Turns out I was thinknig of Xzinti I think, from what I saw of the older Caitian designs I used to think they where cainine too:P.
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    While I don't support adding an Anthropomorphic species just because the other factions have one, I can certainly see reason for some other species joining / allying with the Romulan faction.

- The Suliban: Their home system is already in the Tau Dewa sector block, and there's no generic patrol mission there, suggesting that Cryptic may be saving it for something else. Plus, the Suliban are relatively similar to the Romulans in some ways - spies, infiltrators and so on, they were forced to be nomadic when their homeworld was rendered uninhabitable, and they already have cloaking devices of their own!

- The Xindi: The xindi are another species who lost their homeworld, and were last seen looking for a new one. Devs have mentioned that we may see the Xindi again in a new update, and there are already Xindi duty officers available. Plus, by making the Xindi a part of the romulan faction, you can greatly expand the variety of choices without making the faction politically complicated, since the Xindi are basically five species in one!

Romulans, Remans, Hirogen, Suliban, and the five Xindi species (or four if the Xindi-Insectoids are too different for the engine to render), plus the generic Alien race: That seems like plenty for a faction!

You know that there's a big problem with the Xindi, right?

I admit, I didn't completely watch Enterprise due to the very poor writing and because of many other things that burnt whenever I watched the show, but as far as I know the Xindi were supposed to be part or at least allies of the federation.

Also all Xindi-races would mean including the aquatics, too (who obviously are dumb by building their ships with glass so a small shockwave could expose them to a slow death... right. I want some of what they were smoking).

The insectoids might be interesting, but again: Aren't they now part of the federation although we never saw them on TOS, TNG, DS9 or even Voyager?

And Suliban? What exactly beneficial would they add to a romulan faction? Even the Breen would be a more likely ally to the romulans.

The Anticans and Selay probably didn't even make it into the federation because they couldn't stop their omnomnom-games. And if they surprisingly did make it, they're part of the federation now.
    Sure, I assume federation citizens and -worlds surely have a right to leave the federation, but why would an entire member-world want to give up so much wealth and prosperity for their people? Did the Betazoids leave the federation because the Dominion bombed Betazed?
    Even the members of the Maquis didn't leave the federation. And no episode ever mentioned a world leaving the federation.^^

I'd agree with an insectoid race very much, but only if it's not the Xindi-anything. It'd be too much of a stretch in credibility (as to me was almost everything about that other Star Trek-based show...).
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What say you?

I'd say this will turn into a furry hate thread.

/e reads thread

Yuuuuuuuuup.

That said, things I want before adding a wolfen race:
    - M'Ress hair for Caitians and Feresan
    - More horn and tail options for Aliens, I know at least one potential player who'd be all over curved horns like white on rice
    - More options to create existing aliens from the movies and shows
    - and maybe a skunk race <_< >_>
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    So you are thinking of some kind of Vargr?

Only if we also get Zhodani and the Norris body type.
    Personally, I want a race of bear people to be added, so I can name one Baloo, name his ship the "Space Duck" and paint it yellow. :D

Whoa, that's one epic space bear.

... Still, we only get the space bears if we get the space ducks and Launchpad McQuack as a purple conn officer. (Instant recharge on Brace For Impact. :D )
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What we know about Season 8 / The next big update:

1) It's Romulan-focused.
    2) It involves Sela.
    3) It has a unique page dedicated to it (no previous Featured Episode Series had that).
    4) The next update is suppose to be one of the biggest yet.
    5) Whenever the question is asked to Devs, they either ignore or, or reply with a cryptic (no pun intended) answer. If it wasn't to be, then a resounding 'No' would solve the issue, leaving people to wonder what else it would be. They know people want a Romulan Faction, and they've focused this next Season around Romulans. If it isn't to be the faction then they're idiots, and (as much as people whine and moan about Cryptic) they're not idiots.

I'll come back to this thread at the end of May and allow you the chance to acknowledge my comment and reasoning. Of course, you'll probably be flying a Warbird then, and I'll be able to say "I told you so". :)

I'd like to take you up on this challenge. I expect to be laughing at the Rage and Tears when there is no faction. Are we on? Winner gets to say "I told you so", and loser has to go back and read the thread about all the "broken promises" concerning the KDF.
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    terongray wrote: »
    Not outright werewolves but a lupine race is soft-canon as part of the Breen Confederacy, and TNG had several more animalistic races, including serpents.. I'd throw my money at the screen if a wolven race was announced. My stance is why stop there, this is the Galaxy full of species, some could be of non-primate design.

As for a Romulan faction, if it happens, it'll happen. And no amount of Klink tears will prevent it.

The Fenrisal are the major reason I'm hoping that if the Romulans end up playable and get a "furry" race, it's not lupine. I'd rather see the Breen expanded and unmasked.

...And then be able to change my own Breen officer to one of their races and give him/her/it a uniform without a mask. The Amoniri would be interesting to work with but I digress...
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    - and maybe a skunk race <_< >_>

Whoa, that's one epic space bear.

... Still, we only get the space bears if we get the space ducks and Launchpad McQuack as a purple conn officer. (Instant recharge on Brace For Impact. :D )

Hell yes! :D

BTW, I will only authorize skunk people on the grounds we get an NPC somewhere named Pepe.