test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Undine Lock Box - Featuring the Tethys dreadnought??

2»

Comments

• Options
    csgtmyorkcsgtmyork Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm betting it will be a breen box. The only space set that has yet to be buffed is the breen space set, and the Jem'hadar space and ground set were both buffed. So I'm willing to bet that it will be a breen box. Probably with the Breen Sarr Theln, which will be like the Jem'Hadar dreadnought.

However, if they did to an Undine set, and if they did include anti-proton weapons, I'm willing to bet that they'd be something like Plasma infused Antiproton weapons.
    "Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
    Elim Garak
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just realized something. It would be pointless to offer antiproton dual weapons of any kind.

What does AP actually do? Instead of a proc it adds 20% crit severity. What do dual weapons do? Instead of a modifier we get a proc instead. So if we combine the two... all we get is a standard weapon of the other energy type with [CritD] hardcoded into it. Nothing was gained, just flexibility lost. It would not make sense in the least.
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just realized something. It would be pointless to offer antiproton dual weapons of any kind.

What does AP actually do? Instead of a proc it adds 20% crit severity. What do dual weapons do? Instead of a modifier we get a proc instead. So if we combine the two... all we get is a standard weapon of the other energy type with [CritD] hardcoded into it. Nothing was gained, just flexibility lost. It would not make sense in the least.

Phased anti-proton - 20% crit and phaser proc?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013

i'd rather have disruptor-infused antiproton; 20% extra crit severity and a chance of -10.5% hull resist
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wouldn't want Undine ships pilotable by players. The same goes for Borg and Iconians. These races are the ultimate bad guys to the Federation and flying their ships would make them less unique.

That said I would love to see a Undine Space Set. There was a thread around here that proposed one with tentacles growing out of the ship hull. I thought it was awesome.
  • Options
    crazy6665crazy6665 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    8:44] [REDALERT] Chris@crusherwesley: When is the Borg lockbox?

[8:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Borg ships - that could be sometime later this year
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Phased Anti-Proton [TRIBBLE][yyy] = Phaser [TRIBBLE][yyy][CritD]
    Disruptor AP [TRIBBLE][yyy] = Disruptor [TRIBBLE][yyy][CritD]

Do you see the problem now?
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Disruptor AP [TRIBBLE][yyy] = Disruptor [TRIBBLE][yyy][CritD]

Do you see the problem now?

How about HIAP - High Intensity Anti Proton - 40% Crit Severity?
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Phased Anti-Proton [TRIBBLE][yyy] =/= Phaser [TRIBBLE][yyy][CritD], because the damage types don't match

i see the point you're trying to make though, and that can be fixed by doing something as simple as giving hybrid antiproton weapons an extra 5-10% crit severity
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    shadowfang: Gotcha about the energy types. Though it really doesn't just make much difference. You'll need different type of consoles to boost them but the numbers at the end are identical.

As for just boosting the inherent CritD bonus, won't that essentially just create +1 weapons that are inherently better than any other weapon? Unless you absolutely need Accx3 or CritHx3 these would always be the best weapons possible. They'd had exactly what other weapons have too, just with extra crit oomph.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    shadowfang: Gotcha about the energy types. Though it really doesn't just make much difference. You'll need different type of consoles to boost them but the numbers at the end are identical.

As for just boosting the inherent CritD bonus, won't that essentially just create +1 weapons that are inherently better than any other weapon? Unless you absolutely need Accx3 or CritHx3 these would always be the best weapons possible. They'd had exactly what other weapons have too, just with extra crit oomph.

i honestly don't care what they come up with, as long as they come up with something; right now, antiproton is only available on the exchange at ridiculous prices, or at fleet bases...at ridiculous prices, plus you need to be in a fleet that has them to get them

releasing antiproton hybrids will make them a hell of a lot easier to get, for those who missed the ones from the STF store pre-S7

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    are we talking about the planet-killer weapon from 'Scorpion' or the energy transfer power dahut frigates sometimes use?
    The big one. :p Hehe.... obviously it'd get toned down, but still.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    i honestly don't care what they come up with, as long as they come up with something;

I agree. I checked back at the exchange today, non-fleet Mk XII AP weapons plainly do not exist anymore. Not a single one was on sale. Of the Mk XI weapons, 90% had [CritH][Acc][Dmg]. Other modifier varieties didn't seem to exist until 20M per weapon or so. I'm guessing those weapons come from fleet actions and from a very limited loot table.

I'm glad I still have my STF AP set on my main. But even those have less than ideal modifiers. And now AP is sadly no longer an option for new characters at all.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree. I checked back at the exchange today, non-fleet Mk XII AP weapons plainly do not exist anymore. Not a single one was on sale. Of the Mk XI weapons, 90% had [CritH][Acc][Dmg]. Other modifier varieties didn't seem to exist until 20M per weapon or so. I'm guessing those weapons come from fleet actions and from a very limited loot table.

I'm glad I still have my STF AP set on my main. But even those have less than ideal modifiers. And now AP is sadly no longer an option for new characters at all.
    MK11 Purple are from Crafting at Memory Alpha.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013

i just remembered; there are also antiproton weapons in the dil store, but the modifiers aren't the greatest, and they're a little pricy (though still better than what the fleet ones cost)

and of course, those are bound, so you can't sell them off if you buy the wrong one, unlike ones gotten from crafting (thanks for pointing that out marhawkman) or from lockboxes (which don't exist, but you get the point)

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    umm.. saw a leak this am.. what about the voices of Worf congradulating you as a Dahar Master, or Tuvok, congradulating a Fleet Admiral.. and the Mk XIII and Mk XiV gear?

I think we got a few more surprises coming then ya'll think..

Yes I have a link, no I will not share it... Cryptic might get a tad upset with me if I did...

*sneeky spy look*
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    *muzzlepaw* did you see the last posting date before yours? obviously notHey hey now!

BAD ZOMBIE BAD GO BACK TO THE GROUND!

Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded to in 30 days please don't bring it back up :( If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one! :)

/Closed ~Askray

#LegalizeAwoo

This discussion has been closed.