test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Undine Lock Box - Featuring the Tethys dreadnought??

born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
So Borg are pretty much out for the next lock box - too much confusion with all the Borg content in game.

That leaves the Undine - with 3 ships:

Tethys dreadnought

Vile battleship

Nicor Cruiser

As they use Antiproton weapons, it would be a good way to introduce them as one of the other prizes - Phased Anti-proton??

It would be real nice this time if they would allow some bigger range of color adjustment as I am not too fond of the mustard yellow.
Post edited by born2bwild1 on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thought the Undine had a small fighter-like ship?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have I missed something? I'm not sure why you have dismissed the borg, for what seems like nothing more than your for your own personal reasons, and then used the Undine as the only potential alternative?

I dont even think they should add either of those races as they should remain 'bad guys' only but lets say hypothetically it is the undine. I expect to only see 2 ships, the Nicor as its the only canon one and probably the battleship.

i doubt they will add the dreadnought, as they tend to stay away from them unless they can turn it into a carrier. if they cant get fighters onto it and undine dont use fighters then i dont expect it.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have I missed something? I'm not sure why you have dismissed the borg, for what seems like nothing more than your for your own personal reasons, and then used the Undine as the only potential alternative?

I dont even think they should add either of those races as they should remain 'bad guys' only but lets say hypothetically it is the undine. I expect to only see 2 ships, the Nicor as its the only canon one and probably the battleship.

i doubt they will add the dreadnought, as they tend to stay away from them unless they can turn it into a carrier. if they cant get fighters onto it and undine dont use fighters then i dont expect it.

I would say that the bulk of end game content involes the Borg - STF's are still the number 1 way people earn dithium in game + doing them for gear and fun.

If you had players in Borg ships it would add too much confusion - "is that another NPC coming fast up on me from behind or a Player?" Just too much trouble.

But i would also really like to see Anti-proton special weapons come into the game as a lock-box reward. The Undine NPC's in game use anti-proton.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    if they did I would imagen the Nicor cruser would be the lovkbox while either the dreadnought of vila battleship would be the 800 lobi lock
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would say that the bulk of end game content involes the Borg - STF's are still the number 1 way people earn dithium in game + doing them for gear and fun.

If you had players in Borg ships it would add too much confusion - "is that another NPC coming fast up on me from behind or a Player?" Just too much trouble.

That's a fair point but if they add the Borg they will most likely add the renegade borg ship from 'decent' which will solve the problem as its so different in appearance and easier to rationalise how and why someone might fly one. its not in the game yet so its something new and a somewhat interesting design.

the other problem with a cube of sphere is a player would have no idea what direction they are facing, so the whole fore and aft weapon systems goes out the window.
    edited February 2013
    That's a fair point but if they add the Borg they will most likely add the renegade borg ship from 'decent' which will solve the problem as its so different in appearance and easier to rationalise how and why someone might fly one. its not in the game yet so its something new and a somewhat interesting design.

the other problem with a cube of sphere is a player would have no idea what direction they are facing, so the whole fore and aft weapon systems goes out the window.

True. Borg should be left as enemy - how about a Undine BO? That would be cool. Didn't Harry kim fall for one of the Undine girls?

We could have some Undine doffs as well.

There was even more Undine that were in favor of helping the Humans than there were any Borg.

But I still think a Hybrid Anti-proton weapon pack in the box would be a big hit - people are still miffed that they were taken away from the Omega system.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Next Lock Box will likely be Breen (you heard it here first). If not them, I'd put money on the Son'a.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would be very, very surprised if Cryptic had CBS authorization to release a human playable Borg ship. To put it mildly.

As far as the next lockbox... I think it will give us a pretty strong hint about whether we are near adding the Delta Quadrant to the game in Season 8 or not. At some point there will be a Kazon ship to go along with that, I'd wager. But for now I'm expecting something closer to home, and that Delta quadrant will probably be Season 9.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will there be a new lockbox at all or will it start over with the Cardassian and just cycle through them every year?
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Hirogen are still a ripe candidate as well(unless they're being reserved for a when/if we get a Rommie faction). Not only do they have ship assets already, but they have a lot of neat ground-based gadgets that could be stuffed into a lockbox.

Breen are highly likely though..
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    Next Lock Box will likely be Breen (you heard it here first). If not them, I'd put money on the Son'a.

Yeah,

I'm thinking it will be the Breen has well.

The Breen would fit in with the current format that Cryptic seems to be using.

1 Lock Box Ship maybe an updated version of the Free Crusier from the Winter Event

1 Lobi store Breen Captiol Ship (Carrier)

1 throw in ship Bleth Choas Fighter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkkindness2darkkindness2 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In regard to a Borg lockbox, check this out. Specifically timestamp 8:44, #3, where dstahl says "[8:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Borg ships - that could be sometime later this year".

That would seem to support the idea of a Borg lockbox, even if it's not the next one.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009:
    kain9prime wrote: »
    IDIC fail.
    edited February 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Yeah,

I'm thinking it will be the Breen has well.

The Breen would fit in with the current format that Cryptic seems to be using.

1 Lock Box Ship maybe an updated version of the Free Crusier from the Winter Event

1 Lobi store Breen Captiol Ship (Carrier)

1 throw in ship Bleth Choas Fighter

No more freaking CARRIERS!! - personally I hate carriers - but we have been carriered to death for over 9 months

HEC, Recluse, Atrox, Vesta, JHEC, Jem Dread - am I missing any?
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No more freaking CARRIERS!! - personally I hate carriers - but we have been carriered to death for over 9 months

Mirror Vo'quv:P
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited February 2013

The Breen Capitol Ship is already in-game (NPC) and it is a Carrier Class Vessel that launches Chaos Fighters.

This would mean less modeling work for Cryptic so I'm banking on it comming sooner than latter.

Not to mention I love Carriers :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im surprised no one has considered the obvious choice here. We have seen them all over the place specially in STF. Assimilated ships. We currently have the assimilated borg set which comprises of the engines, deflector, and the shields. These graphically alter the look of your ship making it look badass. Now so far we have used the mirror universe as a source to allow ships with different configurations to be given to players. At this moment the borg are still the #1 tough guy in the universe, until the Iconians make their debut, so allowing players to fly borg ships will never happen. So in order to change things around a bit why not replace mirror universe ships with recovered assimilated vessels. Ships altered by the borg and recovered by Starfleet and KDF, too far modified to have all the borg tech removed, but not enough to keep it from being in service.

I think this would add a lot of value to older ships. They could be made to be more superior than their retrofit counterparts for older ships but weaker than their fleet variants, plus they would have borg tech splattered across the entire thing. This fits with the motto of the Omega force, use whatever resources are available to fight the borg. I think this would be the only way we would get "borg" ships. THey could do this either as a lock box, or maybe a tier 6-7 rep for omega force. Add a store unlock for these at some point or maybe once warp cores are introduced you can have assimilated cores that alter basic functions of your ship. So many things can be done, but allowing players to fly borg ships will never happen.
    edited February 2013
    aramyll wrote: »
    Im surprised no one has considered the obvious choice here. We have seen them all over the place specially in STF. Assimilated ships. We currently have the assimilated borg set which comprises of the engines, deflector, and the shields. These graphically alter the look of your ship making it look badass. Now so far we have used the mirror universe as a source to allow ships with different configurations to be given to players. At this moment the borg are still the #1 tough guy in the universe, until the Iconians make their debut, so allowing players to fly borg ships will never happen. So in order to change things around a bit why not replace mirror universe ships with recovered assimilated vessels. Ships altered by the borg and recovered by Starfleet and KDF, too far modified to have all the borg tech removed, but not enough to keep it from being in service.

I think this would add a lot of value to older ships. They could be made to be more superior than their retrofit counterparts for older ships but weaker than their fleet variants, plus they would have borg tech splattered across the entire thing. This fits with the motto of the Omega force, use whatever resources are available to fight the borg. I think this would be the only way we would get "borg" ships. THey could do this either as a lock box, or maybe a tier 6-7 rep for omega force. Add a store unlock for these at some point or maybe once warp cores are introduced you can have assimilated cores that alter basic functions of your ship. So many things can be done, but allowing players to fly borg ships will never happen.

No most people would want a traditional Borg ship or nothing - with the borg set and console you can make any ship look almost completely assimilated - it would be kind of a joke as a lock-box.

Undine or Breen - but we just got a breen ship and just got 2 carriers - so I doubt the breen captial ship which is a carrier will be next in a lock box. The Undine ships are crusier/battleships.

plus the main thing is the Anti-proton weapons as a prize in the pack - lots of people like Anti-proton but they are harder to come by and expensive at the fleet store - lots of people would buy boxes to get them. Especially if it was a hybrid Anti-proton weapon.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Borg_Type_03

Love it!

and yes, Kazon: WANT!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • razhgalrazhgal Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    with the new release in march under the raptors wing, the next lockbox will be
    hirogen lockbox.
    Romeo - Engineer D'Kora / Leia - Science Charal
    Sirius - Tactical Kumari / Hatschy - Tactical Scimitar
    lil - Engineer Corvette / Dark - Tactical Guramba
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The game needs new ways to gain Antiproton weapons. Currently there is only fleet weapons with DMGx3 and AP, more than any other weapon type, would really profit from CritHx3. If there was a AP/something else dual weapon with CritHx2 (the second proc counts as a modifier unfortunately) that would at least be a step in the right direction.

So I'm really hoping for an Undine lockbox.
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    flash525 wrote: »

I want breen capital ship
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Personally, I hope they do not do a Borg or Undine Lock Box. I didn't even like the Tholian one.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Undine wouldn't make a whole lot of sense I suppose but they would make more sense than the Borg, plus I admit I would kinda love a Undine Plasma Torpedo in the lobi store!
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    edited March 2013
    The game needs new ways to gain Antiproton weapons. Currently there is only fleet weapons with DMGx3 and AP, more than any other weapon type, would really profit from CritHx3. If there was a AP/something else dual weapon with CritHx2 (the second proc counts as a modifier unfortunately) that would at least be a step in the right direction.

So I'm really hoping for an Undine lockbox.

Exactly one of my main points - Undine use Anti-proton - adding a new anti-proton type weapon to the box as a prize would make it a HUGE seller. There are still a huge part of the player base still hung up on having AP weapons.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There are still a huge part of the player base still hung up on having AP weapons.

including me; i just love red stabby beams/bolts of death...and the firing sounds for antiproton are decent to listen to
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe a playable version of the energy focuser? Hehe.... :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe a playable version of the energy focuser? Hehe.... :D

are we talking about the planet-killer weapon from 'Scorpion' or the energy transfer power dahut frigates sometimes use?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i really dont see Borg or Undine being the next lockbox star, unless they change up the "Grand-prize" being a faction ship

my money is on a Rom/Reman Box, or Delta Quadrant with a Hirogen cruiser or Retro BOP the grand-prize
  • monshmonsh Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My guess would be Hirogen, or possibly Breen. Both of those have plenty of assets already in-game. Although, they may be holding out on the Hirogen due to their fragile relationship with a potential Romulan release.

Perhaps they'll surprise us all and do a Deferi box... anyone else lusting after one of those swanky fighters on the Defera ground map? You know nothing would be overpowered...balance in everything, and such :P

Whatever the case is, I fully expect it to be entirely tied to the non-Season8 release. Maybe we're looking at an anti-Iconian box :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited March 2013

While I'd like to see that ship in game, it was also FRIGGIN HUGE. It made the Enterprise-D look tiny in comparison.
This discussion has been closed.