What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• Options
    knotaig#4206 knotaig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I know people love numbers so lets put some to the test.
    Above a fleet size of about 25 active player accounts playing 2-3 times a week, the expectation is that these fleets will fill up project requirements quickly but be gated by the time it takes for the upgrade projects to complete.

That is what they said when they released the content. So lets look at a Tier 2 fleet project.

A Tier 2 project takes 600 fleet marks. They can have 3 projects running at once so that is 1,800 FM. 1,800 divided by 25 is 72. So each day a person needs to make 72 fleet marks to keep a 25 man fleet going and only be gated by the time factor.

72 FM each day now lets multiple it out to 7 days is 504. Now lets go down to 3 days a week, is 168 per day they login to the game. At 50 FM per hour that is over 3 hours of grinding just FM to fill up tier 2 projects.

A Tier 3 project takes 900 fleet marks. So that is 2,700 FM each day. So then each player is responsible for 108 FM per day. And to break it down to playing 3 days a week 252 each day they play. Again that is over 5 hours of grinding FM to make it work.

So they have lied outright when they said that the 25 active players playing 2-3 times a week would be gated by time. Even if I jump it to 50 active players it only cuts those numbers in half and that still requires everyone to jump on and contribute the FM when they need them.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    olivia211 wrote: »
    According to the patch notes. Heh, what am I thinking. We actually get something promised to us? I must need my Latuda again.

We're all going slightly mad! :D
    I need a beer.

• Options
    gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

You maybe, it started with the launch of S7 for me so I'm well past slightly mad:rolleyes:
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I will have you know I am completely insane. I'm a healer~!:eek:
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    You maybe, it started with the launch of S7 for me so I'm well past slightly mad:rolleyes:

I was here when S5 went live :P
    The madness started well before then I assure you!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here are plenty of great reasons not to be in a large "faceless" fleet!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8094511&postcount=703

PWE/Cryptic you would do well to read this long, but very good, post. It states most all the reasons why people don't want to be in the mega-sized pryamid style of fleet!

Smaller fleets spread the benefits of the fleet better to all members than the mega-sized "pyramid" Fleets where only the top few get the best rewards!

PWE/Cryptic Stop the "farm", bring back the fun!

Zeus
  • Options
    khrisstian1986khrisstian1986 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When will this game stop being stripped of all that is good?

Foundry Duty officer reports now not offering Fleet Marks? It was the only good way of gaining a small chunk of these in any time - hardly worth playing the PvE when you either get shoved into a team that has either never played or cares for following the order of the event... Half hours work for 27FMs

Romulan Distress Call: Mogai & D'deridex changed to 60 seconds but still with a 15 minute cool-down?

To be honest, I have stopped complaining about Dilithium, appears to fall on deaf ears! But at least stop taking away the other benefits. As it stand, I spend a lot of REAL money on this game a month as I like it, but sorely losing interest with the changes being made without player consideration.

Please consider better Fleet Mark Events with as SET Minimum Earn - Say, 50FMs Per PvE/30mins cool down
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    2 things you can do right away:

1) Add a some FM to STF - say 5 for Normal and 10 for Elite

2) Increase traffic to the starbase: Make a major increase in the "officer of the watch" daily to 50 fleet marks.

#2 is the best solution to put the 50 marks back because it will get more people to visit the starbase - now it's virtually empty even in the largest fleets.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    2 things you can do right away:

1) Add a some FM to STF - say 5 for Normal and 10 for Elite

That would encourage STFs, but little else. Besides, they already reward omega.

2) Increase traffic to the starbase: Make a major increase in the "officer of the watch" daily to 50 fleet marks.
    50 for such a small task is far too much. It could use a bump mind you, but more than 10 or 15 is too much.
    #2 is the best solution to put the 50 marks back because it will get more people to visit the starbase - now it's virtually empty even in the largest fleets.

Best solution imo is to add an IOR style mission that rewards FM and possibly dilithium for running stuff in teams. Be it STFs, Fleet actions, foundry or even episode missions.

They apparently claimed that the IOR removal was to 'encourage team play'. :rolleyes:
    I need a beer.

• Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    Removing the Marks from the Foundry needed to happen, and since it was scheduled to come off after the Anniversary, it did. We will get Fleet Marks back into more appropriate content quickly as we did after Season 7 launch.

You guys never seem to learn. Communication is key to everything. If you had given a heads up about this change, yes there would still be people upset, but it probably would not have been at the extreme levels they are now. You constantly make big changes and then start explaining after you have set everybody off. Doesn't make any sense.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They could do a lot with Officer Of The Watch - they could also add other missions that reward stuff on the Fleet Starbase that reward you with FM's or anything else projects require to get people to frequent it more often.

Cryptic just like to shoot themselves in the foot more often than not and ruin something that works. They've developed a great game and irritates me that sometimes they just don't see the wood for the trees, or even the trees for that matter.

Many decisions by Cryptic often seem..... cryptic. Stop living up to your name please and listen to some of the great suggestions made by your customers and act on it sooner than later, I would hate to have to put this game back on the shelf so to speak.

As a leader of a fleet that has 20-30 members, I agree with the following as there are many things that do not add up to what you have stated in the past.
    chyexrsa wrote: »
    I know people love numbers so lets put some to the test.

That is what they said when they released the content. So lets look at a Tier 2 fleet project.

A Tier 2 project takes 600 fleet marks. They can have 3 projects running at once so that is 1,800 FM. 1,800 divided by 25 is 72. So each day a person needs to make 72 fleet marks to keep a 25 man fleet going and only be gated by the time factor.

72 FM each day now lets multiple it out to 7 days is 504. Now lets go down to 3 days a week, is 168 per day they login to the game. At 50 FM per hour that is over 3 hours of grinding just FM to fill up tier 2 projects.

A Tier 3 project takes 900 fleet marks. So that is 2,700 FM each day. So then each player is responsible for 108 FM per day. And to break it down to playing 3 days a week 252 each day they play. Again that is over 5 hours of grinding FM to make it work.

So they have lied outright when they said that the 25 active players playing 2-3 times a week would be gated by time. Even if I jump it to 50 active players it only cuts those numbers in half and that still requires everyone to jump on and contribute the FM when they need them.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Perhaps a good compromise would be to make the officer of the watch the new "wrapper".

Something like play 2-3 fleet mark missions / events and get 50 fleet marks. That way cryptic gets us playing the missions intended for earning fleet marks and we get a decent level of fleet mark generation back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You would think cryptic would learn that lesson considering how many times similar incidents like this have happen before this patch rolled out.....
  • Options
    bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thebumble wrote: »
    This is a true fact. Because in no other game could I be this unhappy, and still log in to play...

Which is why nothing will change. They know you'll be back.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • Options
    mercenary4hiremercenary4hire Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why is this mission removed?

How can I donate fleet marks for my fleet now?

How can I get dilithium fast?

Getting those things will take AGES now.

Why would you remove it???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    suiksaga wrote: »
    You would think cryptic would learn that lesson considering how many times similar incidents like this have happen before this patch rolled out.....

They are trying to see how much money they can get out of us. I don't see this really helping their chances.

On a side note, the same person went and disliked ALL my videos which I found hilarious. Thanks for the extra views!
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    *Ahem*

I assure you, no one is happy about this. :(
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,875 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So in this massive posting you said "We're not giving this back. Too bad."

Also, this whole thing about "leave your feedback here and we will look over it" was more of a stahl tactic to buy time until you all released something like this, trying to explain why this was done.

Fact is I don't want to wait months while you figure things out. If you make a change this drastic to the game, you need to have something to replace it now...not months from now.

But I have to hand it to you. You got me. You got me good. Got me for plenty of cash. Well played. Don't spend it all in one place.

I agree with the above. Why take back and dont put anything in place does not make logic to most. In that sense...there are a ton of fixes to be done in this game and nothing gets done to "fix" ticket issues. They all go to an empty void... I have pending issues for over 3 years and it doesnt get resolved. However, when it comes to a locked box or an "exploit" clickling-like you call it you respond immediately. WHY is that? It looks like your main priority is to SAFEGUARD your income no matter who gets trampled with and disregard what we consider priorities such as daily glitches players find in STO.

Money is great but shouldn't be a motivator to all things...at least be cynical about it and give some reprieve to those who pay your bills.

Sorry if I'm too TRIBBLE off but my intention and feedback is not unique and not a lonely voice. I hope you all put players' need ahead of your own agenda or at least try harder in disguising the real motives.

Thanks
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    sarliksarlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    <snip>
    In summary:
    1) Utilise Fleet Credits more as currency to be able to more effectively meet Starbase/Embassy contribution requirements

2) Buying Fleet Marks Bonus for Fleet Credits - bonus is too small for the price. Change to +100FM @ +50% rate for a cost of 10,000 FC. Also add raw FM boxes as +100FM for a cost of 20,000FC that don't work with multipliers. Incresae amount of FM granted in Fleet missions so these multipliers are effective.

3) Buying Doffs for Fleet Credits - balance of Medical vs Science, Sec Off vs Tactical needs to be fixed one-way or another either on the requirement side or the award/requisition side

4) Introduce some way to meet part of the dilithium requirements with Fleet Credits also, either by removing dilithium requirements entirely (and introducing a new currency that is required and can be purchased with Dil or FC) or by allowing FC to increase Dil earning/refining power (but this may imbalance overall Dil economy outside of Starbases so would need more work to define limits and amounts).

These are some outstanding suggestions.

I sincerely hope that the devs will take the time to scroll through this thread to find these gems hidden in the pile of rage (however warranted), and it would be a shame for these to be overlooked and lost in the forgotten basement of old forum posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And how is his metrics any more or less valid then what you claim above in your response. Do you have the ability to datamine STO's fleet statistics? Probably not, would be my guess. He posting his Fleet situation; and you're countering with your guess.

In other words - how are his 'facts' any more or less valid then what you attempt to present as you 'facts' in your reply?

Lol, sorry, but I just had to respond to this.

He said that his fleet was fine with this and that he is from a large fleet. I was simply asking that how does he know if it's only happened in a day and does "every" member of his fleet come on and have said they are okay.

Now if you had read his response and his previous posts, instead of rushing to defend him, simply because it's me posting (I'm touched btw;)), then you will see that his "facts" are questionable, even about his own "large" fleet.

Have you never been in a large guild or fleet? Have you ever had every member be happy about everything? Unless his fleet is full or Borg, then I as I said, I question his "facts" as you say, that all his "large" fleet member are in total in agreement considering he started by saying most large fleets are happy about this.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    xingbellxingbell Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want add to the thanks to Mr. Stahl for posting the reasons for the change. While I may not agree on all points, communication is key. A little sooner would have been nice.

To the point of FM are easy to fill and DIL was not. My fleet had the reverse issue, Dil was easy to get. We could fill a 36k or higher Dil requirement in a couple of days. Trying to fill a 1000 FM when the best we could get out a fleet event was 50 or so during the special 2 hour event, not so much. This assumes the event queues in a reasonable time.

This is why taking FM out of the IOR is bothering me. I can agree that 50 FM every 30 minutes was a bit overkill. I agreed with removing the one click to finish events. If the change had been 50 FM with a 20 hour cooldown for IOR, I would have grumbled a bit yet understood that change. Now my main way to contribute FM is gone. The DOFF turn is the next major source, granted that would be 75 ? 150 every few days. If the fleet marks had been removed from IOR and spread over other events, again no arguments.

For the comment of ?Fleet Marks for Fleet events?, once I join a fleet, isn?t everything a fleet event? When I buy the 17,000 communications arrays for a project, am I part of an armed invasion into the commodities brokers shop? Last I checked it was me buying that, not a fleet. When I offered the hundreds of DOFFs to the SB to fill its hunger, was my fleet raiding the Academy and pulling people out of class? Yet these items were not fleet events and still contributed to the fleet. So why would a resource called FM be any different?

My final question on this wall of text, would this be considered an exploit? I run a three mission set that consists of 2 missions where I buy some random stuff out of the replicator and 1 mission where I scan 5 random objects in order to earn 1440 Dil in under 5 minutes? If so, then you need to fix core missions in the game as that was my last trip to the Delta V sector with Explore New Worlds active. If this was Foundry mission, it would have given no rewards right?

I expect this to be ignored in the long run, yet it is my only way to give feed back really. As a LTS they have my money, not logging in again would accomplish nothing.

Peaceful exploration? I have a heavily armed ship and a phaser with a kill setting, how peaceful is that?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    They are trying to see how much money they can get out of us. I don't see this really helping their chances.

I have a sneaky suspicion that there are plans afoot to slowly strangle STO so they can free up resources for NWN. You could say that they are turning up the heat on us Andorians!
    On a side note, the same person went and disliked ALL my videos which I found hilarious. Thanks for the extra views!

That was a bit petty of them.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mercenary, let me try to answer your questions:

1) This was removed because it is built into the Foundry missions now. You will still receive rewards upon completing Foundry content (though, controversially the Fleet Marks reward has been removed).

2) There are three "high-return" routes to acquire fleet marks:
    • Tier IV commendation missions available in the Op Center of your Starbase (75+ each)
    • Fleet Action of the Day wrapper mission (50)
    • Season 6 PVE missions (Fleet Alert, Starbase Defense, Colony Defense, etc.) plus the Nukara Prime adventure zone
    • "Temporal Ambassador" may still be awarding Fleet Marks on replay. Whether or not this is still true and how many marks it awards I do not know, but if it's 50 then that mission is also a high-return option.

You can also get smaller amounts of fleet marks by playing the Romulan PVE queue events or by completing Watch assignments at your Starbase and Embassy.

3) Foundry missions. Based on early reports the average dilithium reward for most missions has increased. Other high-yield options include:
    • Path of the Warrior (KDF only -- 4400)
    • Aiding the Deferi (2400)
    • ESNW/Empire Defense/PVP "play 3 instances" wrappers (1440)
    • "Turn over Confiscated Contraband" (2000), "Forced Labor Requisition" (500), Colonial transport missions (500), Execute Mutineers (750), Execute/Hand over Changeling (500), Authorize Hegh'bat (626 on crit -- use emergency holograms) --- all Doffing missions
    • Asteroid Mining (1500 during Event Hour + up to 5000 with lockbox ticket)
    • Academy Trivia (only 480, but literally takes 30 seconds to run, basically free dilith)

...and the list just keeps going on from there - Eta Trio, B'Eta missions, STFs, Borg Alerts, Nukara mining, etc. etc. etc.

4) If you're disciplined and make sure you hit at least some of the high-reward options you shouldn't have any trouble bringing in the dough. A silver player with one toon on each side should reasonably expect to bring in a minimum of 5000 dilith a day before doing anything (2000 x2 contraband -- farm on your KDF toon and mail excess to your fed -- plus 480 x2 trivia). Then run the FAOTD on each toon (15-45 minutes each) and that's another 1440x2 dilith plus 50 fleet marks on each toon.

5) They removed it because they built too strong a reward synergy for the foundry missions. Instead of making the foundry missions equally appealing to other endgame content, they made the foundry more appealing and therefore hurt participating on fleet actions and other alternative fleet mark sources. Personally I think they swung too far in the other direction, but their heart was in the right place. I'm sure that in the days ahead they will continue to calibrate the rewards structure, just like they did with dilith a few months ago.
  • Options
    squigishsquigish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've gotta say, I am actually really satisfied with dstahl's post. It sounds like they're putting a lot of thought into it, and are trying to come up with a way to balance the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I dont care about the stupid foundry missions. In fact I hate the episodes too. The animations in this game are catastrophic. Until they get improved I will hate the Foundry and episodes.
    I only played the foundry missions to get the Dil and fleet marks. I dont care about looking at the lame missions other people make. Some of us just want to grind. That's what an MMO is anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I dont care about the stupid foundry missions. In fact I hate the episodes too. The animations in this game are catastrophic. Until they get improved I will hate the Foundry and episodes.
    I only played the foundry missions to get the Dil and fleet marks. I dont care about looking at the lame missions other people make. Some of us just want to grind. That's what an MMO is anyways.

Merc, I replied to your original thread before it got merged. My post is here post-merge: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8100951&postcount=834

I encourage you check out the dilithium sources I mentioned there. I think you'll have no problem filling up your coffers, especially if you don't mind a little bit of grind. Likewise, the fleet marks are out there, and the best remaining source is from DOFFing, which again gets back to: if you don't mind grinding a bit, there is plenty out there to be had.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I feel like I recognize a few Foundry authors in this thread. Just because there's a handful of people who have StarbaseUGC sigs (I never noticed them; taking your word for it) doesn't mean their absence in this thread implies some kind of conspiracy.

With all their enemies dead at their feet (clicky's , afk-ers , easy FM grinders) , could it be that some are taking a well deserved rest ? Hmmm ... . :cool:
    I'll paraphrase HippieJohn when he said something like "now that we got what we wanted , can we please stop with the 1 star bombings ? "

You'll note that his idea about "what we wanted" and the idea of the great number of players who supported/used of clicky's , afk-ers , easy FM grinders are two vastly different things .

Sure, folks like Hav said, "Take the rewards out." But I can tell you right now that I think I echo every last one of them when I say that I think Cryptic has issues managing transitions and analyzing and adapting to how people play.

In regards to what Hav may have said (I don't listen to podcastUGC anymore) , I'll remind you of the Spiderman motto , and then I'll claim that I do think that many a STO podcast out there has had an ear at Cryptic (podcastUGC included) .
    Take that as you will and you are welcome to disagree .

As to you echoing their concern about transitions .... -- I think that some Foundry authors are so caught up in their little world (and have so little in common with the average STO player) that indeed they do make demands that while it may make sense from their own perspective , it's short sighted and hurtful in the perspective of a larger player base .
    Happened with Clicky's , happened with AFK-ers , happened with the demands for changes to IOR .

Some ppl claim it's a pure coincidence that all of the above were nerfed parallel to discussions about them in the Foundry forums (or foundry podcasts) .
    If you believe in one coincidence following another (3 times in a row) then .... you're welcome to believe that .
    I did not suggest that there was a conspiracy .
    I suggested that there was an overt preference given at Cryptic to a group of Foundry authors (some who are affiliated with starbaseugc) , and that these group of authors ... to be blunt , only care about themselves and their twisted version of a "pure" foundry .
    (I've had a strongly worded statement about the damage this zealous quest for purity may have caused the foundry itself -- you're welcome to read it here.)
    Terilynn would probably be sweeter about how she says it but I don't think ANY of them disagree with me on this point.

You've made a few more points in regards to her but I have to cut you short on discussing her for two reasons :
    - Her opinions about a number of subjects and subsects of our fandom are the reason I stopped listening to podcastUGC -- thus I can tell you that I do not have a favorable oppinion of her .
    - She does not visit these forums and thus badmouthing her at length here would be akin to talking about someone behind their back . I don't do that .
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2013

apparently they don't like us to grind unless it is the way they want to do it.

They've made it clear that this will never belong to us, the fans, the players. They give the impression that it is their world and we just play in it. I won't blame people for walking away because of this. Not only this, but other factors as well may cause people to leave. The level of dishonesty from this company is horrendous. Thank god they're not publically traded or they might be looking at being investigated by the SEC.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ashtaku wrote: »
    Merc, I replied to your original thread before it got merged. My post is here post-merge: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8100951&postcount=834

I encourage you check out the dilithium sources I mentioned there. I think you'll have no problem filling up your coffers, especially if you don't mind a little bit of grind. Likewise, the fleet marks are out there, and the best remaining source is from DOFFing, which again gets back to: if you don't mind grinding a bit, there is plenty out there to be had.

Thank you for the reply. But the problem is that they keep pushing this Foundry TRIBBLE and now force you to play boring missions to get dilithium which you could get in a few seconds before by doing the fast dailies. It should be optional. You should be allowed to finish IOC which they removed in 2 seconds and 2 hours.
    Great job Cryptic..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited February 2013

You are just one person stating his opinion. I for one still love the foundry, even if the fleet marks are removed. Dilithium is in abundance now for most people and while the season 6 fleet actions for Fleet Marks might be boring, some of them do have a good amount of reward for playing them.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
This discussion has been closed.