test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• bugshubugshu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They need to bring Craig Z bck to STO instead of wasting good talent on a game doomed to disappoint. You cant charge $300 for a drow and the most in demand race and expect people to want to play it. The only good reason I can think of to play NWN instead of LOTR or Guildwars is to be a drow and I would never pay $300 just to be one. Especially after paying extra to be a Tellarite, Pakled, Ferengi, Rigelian and a few others I could mention and then watching them be handed out as for free at a later date.

Cryptic sneers at players who paid extra for added bonuses by giving them out for free at later dates.

Paying $300 for a drow ... nope. Wanting to play NWN with no chance to be a drow.

LOTR launcher is activated
  • user839020189287user839020189287 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    February 14th... the day my relationship with STO died.

What irony.

Glad I didn't buy roses.

Funny thing was considering the LTS next month, too. LOL

P.S.

I just brought a Br'el last week. If they pulled this after getting a new LTS... do not want to even consider that and thankfully, I never will have to, now.
    "Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
    Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    make it easyer for players to find Fleet with 500 Members ... and to find fleets at all and see maybe how far they are with there base and make it possible to join them easyer ...

maybe join without to comunicate with a member as trail for 3 days in were the fleet can vote if they want you into there fleet or not ... and if they vote no you get auto kicked after some hours
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
    edited February 2013
    Good luck getting into a fleet since the recent fleet hostage crisis...

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As long as you don't change the reward structure of STFs and reputation marks missions that's ok. I really hope you won't do the same mistake twice with STFs. :)

PvP could use less dil and more fleetmarks (something like 800 dil + 50 marks for repetables), and old fleet actions could also use more fleetmarks, the current daily missions are ok but it's somewhat flawed since it's the big dig day almost every day.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    As long as you don't change the reward structure of STFs and reputation marks missions that's ok. I really hope you won't do the same mistake twice with STFs. :)

PvP could use less dil and more fleetmarks (something like 800 dil + 50 marks for repetables), and old fleet actions could also use more fleetmarks, the current daily missions are ok but it's somewhat flawed since it's the big dig day almost every day.

Its ok for FEDs, these dailies just don't pop on the KDF side of things
  • calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    havam wrote: »
    Its ok for FEDs, these dailies just don't pop on the KDF side of things

This needs to be emphasised more. Hardly anything pops on the KDF side. I just spent an hour in a queue for the Starbase Fleet Defense during the Fleet Marks Event before I gave up.

Might as well start talking about the possibility of merging the factions because this is just ridiculous.
    edited February 2013
    Queues work well for Wal-Mart... not so much for MMOs.

• solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bugshu wrote: »
    They need to bring Craig Z bck to STO instead of wasting good talent on a game doomed to disappoint. You cant charge $300 for a drow and the most in demand race and expect people to want to play it. The only good reason I can think of to play NWN instead of LOTR or Guildwars is to be a drow and I would never pay $300 just to be one. Especially after paying extra to be a Tellarite, Pakled, Ferengi, Rigelian and a few others I could mention and then watching them be handed out as for free at a later date.

Cryptic sneers at players who paid extra for added bonuses by giving them out for free at later dates.

Paying $300 for a drow ... nope. Wanting to play NWN with no chance to be a drow.

LOTR launcher is activated

Just for ref, it's not ?200 for a Drow race, it's just for a backstory with a bit of a difference in abilities.

You can play Drow from day 1, just it won't have a "Drizzt" back story.

You will be able to buy a lock box to get "Twinkle" but we know what the drop rates will be :).
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow... Just read the entire thread, and I agree with most here. You can not just take something away from us without having something to replace the FM you took away.

And saying that we will get said FM back in 3 months is just unacceptable.

Metrics will tell you things, but they only tell you so much. Here you have gone behind our backs and pulled the FM from the IOR wrapper. And to put this in 1 day before it hits the live servers is disgusting :(. It left no to little time for testing and feedback on Tribble, you know, you own TEST server. :eek:

I am very sad that the official consumer complaint board in my country can't do anything about this, since they have little power outside my country. But if you guys had been in my country, you would be up a certain creek by now. You would most likely have been given a srtict deadline to fix this or face the music...

Really disgusting in all ways, and more than that utterly unacceptable... :mad:

This boggels the mind, it really leaves me like this : :confused:
  • bugshubugshu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Has anybody even seen a single objective third party review suggesting that Neverwinter Nights is fun.

MMORPG.com currently has STO rated at 6.4 with guildwars 2 at 9.3 and Eve Online and WoW at 9.2, Star Wars at 8.7 and Diablo 3 at 8.5 and lord of the rings online at 8.3. In fact Star Trek started at 7.4 and we reviewed later as slipping down to 6.4 The progress of STO in relation to other games has been negative and this latest change on top of sucky 7 probably would notch them down a few ticks if another re-review came out. If guildwars 2 is tops at 9.3 and Dark and Light is at the bottom at 4.0 then there are 45 mmorpgs betwen the worst rated one and STO. There are about 215 reviews overall so STO is better than 45 of them and worse than 170 of them. I have no affiliation with MMORPG.com so Im using their numbers as an independent guide. City of Heroes was the top ranked Cryptic developed game with Champions #2 with a 7.5 rating. STO is down to 6.4 and sucky 7 and this new update makes it worse. And Im guessing that with Cryptics current aversion to fun that NWN is not going to get a shining review when MMORPG gets around to it.

Im a Trek fan so for me the options for game play are more limited but gamers have lots of choices at their disposal. Cryptics constant micro managing in an effort to destroy fun probably will hurt them in the long run as people have choices how to spend their free time and it will be the gamers that make or break this game and not the Trek fans like me.

You look at games that dont even compete with STO like Webkinz which is an MMO marketed to 8 year olds and they have log in bonuses and free spins on the wheel of WOW and pets with emotes and massive customization and expansion of player houses, furniture, and items. Its easier and more fun to customize, decorate, expand, and outfit your house on Webkinz than it is to add dumb exocomps and tribbles to your starbase.

Webkinz has a daily log in bonus for people that play. And not just one of them they have several. Log in get a bonus. Log in play wheel of Wow. Log in and go to the well to earn a free prize. Cryptic is like no we give you nothing. How dare you ask for something you didnt earn. We want to gate your time. 8 year olds race home from school to get their free daily log in prizes on Webkinz. Grown adults are told if you want to enjoy our game go buy zen cards, we give you nothing. Grind if you want it. Freaking webkinz is 100 times more popular than STO.

Its because STO doesnt care about your fun. They are full of themselves and only care about "controlling" and gating your experience. And Stahl is supposed to be in charge and is running around screaming meesa too and going along while the numbers pushed around by the Sith.

Listen to your players.

CMON Craig Z return to your roots and bring back the fun. Get rid of these data mining bean counters that use statistics to lie and maniupulate players experiences.

Farktoid is in touch with gamer and how they play and maybe Jam Jamz but you know there arent any Devs that start fleets, recruit normal players into them that are not associated with Cryptic and then levelling up those star bases to tier 4. Devs are out of touch. And Stahls Meesa too Gungun posts do not convince me otherwise.

MMORPG holding STO at 6.4 and an optimistic 6.4 says it all. And all that voted best free to play nonsense when they directed their player base to voting multiple times just doesnt impress me. I could win any election if my friends and family were allowed to vote as many times as they wanted.

6.4 and falling backwards every time new rereview comes out and they dont learn. COH was a better rated game and it failed. Its Kaput. Gone. Buh Bye.

Guys should notice and learn. Dont take your players for granted. The players have spoken.

Try and listen.

And Craig Z come back for Gods sake and put some fun back into this game.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost
    edited February 2013
    /Agree

Careful, the CDFers will be on you in a second saying that MMorpg sux etc.

Every site suxs to the CDFers, unless they get with the Program like Massively.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • nitrous82nitrous82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gstamo01 wrote: »
    I think you should have made those fleet mark additions in the same patch that you pulled them from the foundry. That just put a full stop on many fleet projects for your consumer.

While it is true that the foundry may be run mostly by the single player, it is also true that many of the same fleet were running foundry missions simultaneously while not in a group with each other.
    dastahl wrote: »
    Greetings!

There has been a lot of talk lately about the changes to the Foundry daily mission, and I wanted to take some time to give a comprehensive and complete overview of why we made this decision.

Fleet Marks were introduced in Season 6 as a reward that can be used by Fleets to advance Fleet Holdings. Due to the fact that Fleet Marks are spent by Fleets to advance Fleet Holdings, it is intended that Fleet Marks are to be rewarded for completing Fleet-based gameplay.

We monitor the amount of Fleet Marks earned by each character and each player every day. We do so for game design reasons to ensure that the amount of progress Fleets are making on Fleet Holdings is as expected.

After the release of Season 7, we noticed that the amount of Fleet Marks players were earning per day started declining. As we expected, it was mostly due to the introduction of new content and the new Reputation system. Players were now spending less time in missions that granted Fleet Marks, and more time in missions that granted Dilithium and Rep Marks. We adjusted this at the time by adding Fleet Marks to the Foundry and Fleet Action dailies. The Foundry daily subsequently was turned into a 30 minute repeatable, which made Foundry missions an amazingly easy source of Fleet Marks, but because of the drop in Fleet Marks at the time, we left it in as a temporary bonus that would last up through our Anniversary.

Concurrently, we also closed a major loophole in Foundry missions in Season 7 which removed Dilithium rewards from what many considered "exploitative" Foundry missions (literally "log in click a button" get a boat of Dilithium). The number of players who were exploiting this type of mission was vast and so there were several weeks where we aggressively adjusted Dilithium rewards in order to keep Dilithium earnings back in line with our goal of getting more Dilithium into players hands without using the exploit. Due to the tuning we?ve done with Season 7, players are now earning more Dilithium than ever without the Foundry exploit.

We know based on progression data that there is further room to add more Dilithium to the economy and so today we have added in additional rewards to Foundry missions that grant a daily amount of Dilithium in addition to scaling rewards based on the gameplay of the Foundry mission. This now makes qualified Foundry missions an excellent source of Dilithium.

As part of this change and now that we?re past our Anniversary, we have removed the wrapper mission that granted the additional 50 Fleet Marks every 30 minutes for playing a single Foundry mission. We did this for a number of reasons. While we want players to enjoy Foundry missions, they should not be the one stop shop for all Rewards in the game. They are now arguably the single best source of Dilithium per mission, and they should not also be the best source for Fleet Marks. Another reason is that Fleet Marks should be for Fleet Gameplay and we will begin adjusting where Fleet Marks are granted to keep Fleet Marks in line with our Fleet gameplay goals.

Over the next several months we will be adjusting where Fleet Marks are granted to be more in line with our original design - Fleet Marks are for Fleet Gameplay. This means that Fleet Marks will be granted in more places where Fleets group up for missions, because the reason you need Fleet Marks is to benefit the Fleet.

This leads me to a frequent Ask Cryptic question that I want to address - Why are the Fleet Holdings so challenging to complete for small Fleets?

We monitor Fleet sizes and Holding progress and we do understand that small Fleets are finding Fleet Holdings to be expensive in both Fleet Marks and Dilithium.

Let me take a moment to explain our philosophy behind the Fleet Holdings so that there is a better understanding of our actions when we adjust economies like this.

First, keep in mind that that Fleet sizes in STO range from 1 member up to 500 members.

When we were crafting the Fleet System, we considered two options for how Fleet Marks and Fleet Progression would behave. There are pro's and con's to both options we considered.

Option A was that Fleet size would determine the maximum tier for Fleet Holdings. The larger the Fleet, the higher the Fleet Holding Tiers could achieve. This is how many other MMOs gate Guild progression, but we felt that it is artificially limiting to the many active small Fleets in STO.

Option B was to allow Fleets of any size to achieve all tiers of Fleet Holdings. The drawback is that because Fleet sizes range so much, we had to find a balance so that Large Fleets had some challenge, while still allowing small Fleets to achieve all tiers, albeit at a much slower pace. If you are in a Fleet less than 25 players, then it is expected to be more challenging than the norm.

So from our perspective we choose the sensible Option B, with the goal of ensuring that our active large Fleets had a decent challenge and wouldn?t complete the Fleet Holdings overnight. It needed to be a challenge for 500 member Fleets. It is a sign that you went through extreme effort to achieve the goal.

The end result of this decision is that smaller Fleets may achieve maximum Starbase sizes, but it is expected to be much harder. You can achieve all tiers, but you are doing so at a great disadvantage, especially if you are under 25 Fleet Members or your Fleet Members don't play at least three times a week.

We understand that we could have introduced a handicap for small fleets into the design, but that solution could and would be exploited. In trying to find a way to exploit the system, we would end up having to create a wealth of rules and regulations behind how the handicap works and at the end of the day it is not in line with our goals of ensuring that top tier Fleet progression is a great accomplishment. (congrats btw to the Fleets that are just now hitting this tier!)

That said, we continue to investigate options that may help small Fleets without making it a cake-walk for Large Fleets. Because of our decision to not limit tiers based on guild size, we will not be scaling all projects based on Fleet size. What we will continue to do is find ways for small Fleets to play hard and gain the Fleet Marks and Dilithium needed to advance the Starbase. While there are always exceptions, for the most part, the data shows that small fleets are more starved for Dilithium than they are for Fleet Marks. Thus we continue to add more Dilithium to help all players, and along with that, small Fleets.

Likewise, even though we've removed Fleet Marks from the now super Dilithium rich Foundry mission, we will be adding Fleet Marks to other events, but not immediately. Look for us to further classify Events and Fleet Actions as having Fleet Marks in the near future. We are also entertaining suggestions to merge fleets or other ways that small Fleets can accelerate their progress.

Just as max level players are now earning far more Dilithium than they ever have due to adjustments that we've made along the way, we will continue to adjust Fleet Marks in the same way.

Hopefully this post helps to explain our position and why we continue to make the decisions we do. We want Fleet Progression to be a reward for Fleet Gameplay. We want players to earn more Dilithium. We want Foundry missions to have useful rewards. We want small Fleets to only be limited by group effort, not by artificial caps on progress.

We will continue to make progress towards those goals and welcome your feedback. Nothing is every "final" in MMOs, and your constructive comments are always valued.

Thank you for your understanding.

Very simple solution here, until you add more fleet events so we can have a nice big variety of ways to earn fleet marks, im boycotting the foundry missions, and I am quite certain allot of other players will do the same, I have plenty of dil, and plenty of ways of earning it, truth be told I want to say thank you, for bringing me back to doing Doff Assignments, and I am loving the idea of having absolutlely ZERO reasons to play foundry missions.
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ive seen major fleets with 450 members or more threaten to demote or kick people out that did not donate.

And i'm in a fleet that did limit star trek online game content from other fleet members by not allowing them to donate and/or they did donate too much.So good idea to put it those rule boxes.
    edited February 2013
    It's not me... It's you.

Then began the break-up...

• f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There are two additional big changes coming in May that will greatly improve a Fleet's abilities to complete projects, I'm just not at liberty to talk about them yet.

Do you KNOW how far May is from now? ... Do you realize how many players may have thrown up their hands in disgust by that point and walked away from their fleets and this game?

Do you also know that KDF players can sit in queues for over 45 min to an hour and STILL not have that queue pop when it comes to fleet mark missions?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • tjexcimer500tjexcimer500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Greetings!

Hopefully this post helps to explain our position and why we continue to make the decisions we do. We want Fleet Progression to be a reward for Fleet Gameplay. We want players to earn more Dilithium. We want Foundry missions to have useful rewards. We want small Fleets to only be limited by group effort, not by artificial caps on progress.

We will continue to make progress towards those goals and welcome your feedback. Nothing is every "final" in MMOs, and your constructive comments are always valued.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hey dastahl,

It's not about what YOU want; it's about what your customers want. Make your decisions based on that.

As for the lies:
    "we want players to earn more dilithium"
    So - you removed the clickies; then you reduced the amount of dilithium from the same mission I played this week by over 300. That's LESS dilithium, not more for the same amount of game time.

"We want Foundry missions to have useful rewards"
    So - you took away the FM reward and reduced the dilithium/minute reward.
    That's LESS useful.

"We want small Fleets to only be limited by group effort, not by artificial caps on progress"
    Don't even get me started on that one!!!

Here is all the data you need to know to be a successful enterprise:
    Keep the customers happy; happy customers keep paying.
    Make the customers unhappy; unhappy customers go somewhere else.

End of line.
    There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
    Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
    edited February 2013
    May?

Sounds like Klingon Spring...

edited February 2013
    Have any of you screamers

Stopped reading right there.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fleet Marks will becoming common rewards for "Group Queued Gameplay" whereas Dilithium will be focused on more solo Mission Gameplay.

What about Foundry content that's designed for teams?

I've suggested enabling "Team-Only" restrictions that an author could set... any possibility of something like that happening?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited February 2013
    solomace wrote: »
    Stopped reading right there.

Same.

Was probably just another bi-polar cheerleading rant.

edited February 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    What about Foundry content that's designed for teams?

I've suggested enabling "Team-Only" restrictions that an author could set... any possibility of something like that happening?

Teams kinda bring us back into the realm of PUGs and queue waits for those who can't team up, no?

Guess it does depend on the number required to team up, tho.

• atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Iam really glad to know how much contempt for me and my small fleet Cryptic has from the guy in charge. itmakes my informed choice as a customer that much easier.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • evilkittyofdoomevilkittyofdoom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    More fun, less grind please. :)
    edited February 2013
    Screamers scream... And there has been a lot of screaming in this thread.

So the term applies. Not going to apologize for using it.

You forgot to stick out your tongue as befitting a person of your intellect.

So many Eisteins, so few things relative.

edited February 2013
    When did STO turn from being a Solo friendly game to group/fleet game?

I remember when the Devs used to say their "metrics" showed that people preferred to solo more than group. The old "1 ship 1 captain" malaky.

Now it's all about the fleet.

Loved to see what their "metrics" show about the amount of small fleets vs large fleets are.

I smell a rat...
    edited February 2013
    D'oh! I KNEW I should have waited until after I've had my morning cup of coffee before posting. I wouldn't have forgotten that...

I'll go fix it right now!

You're forgiven.

I am a man of coffee, myself.

Go forward and drink!

edited February 2013
    Screamers scream... And there has been a lot of screaming in this thread.

So the term applies. Not going to apologize for using it.

Simple, why not make a post that doesn't generalize about peoples unhappiness by calling them screamers and instead express it that you understand why Cryptic had done what they have done. Wouldn't you have got more "kudos" for it?

Nope, you have to add fuel to the flames because for some reason, you're outraged that people are outraged.

Rar rar rar...
  • terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Normally I attempt to be more articulate in this, but after seeing this sham you've pulled, and they you tried to put lipstick on the pig and sell it to us that it's a good thing?

TRIBBLE off.

Wait to go a pull a Blizzard and **** on your customer base. One which you don't have the bulk like a more successful MMO might have to pad against loss. I know I sure as Hell now have no desire to ever give you so much as a dime out of my own pocket ever again. Knee-jerk reactions over something relatively trivial when there are still gamebreaking bugs, and a whole new slew you introduced in this 'fix' patch? Come on, get priorities in line with what makes a good game, and not just what lets you milk a franchise for all it's worth.

Make a good game, and people will play, they'll spend. Don't continue with this 'Pay and grind' TRIBBLE; if a good game incorporates micro transactions, they're an 'or' not an 'and' situation. Enough with this TRIBBLE the player by ensuring they have to spend hours mindlessly grinding to 'earn the privilege' to give you even more money for Fleet ships and such.
  • broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    snip

hello Mr.dastahl, i have a question from the pvp side of things. i really hope you do answer my question because it also affects pve game play. why is the cost of building a star base so expensive when the gear is not even worth it?

the ships in lock boxes are better, the weps we get from drops and off exchange are much better, yet we have to spend an ungodly amount of dil for accx1 damage x3 mk12? im not asking for any accx3 weps. maybe that can be part of some pvp rep or just left as drops.

but the gear that comes from the star base isent great at all. sure it has a flashy color and a mk12 tag. but i can go to the exchange and get a mk12 wep with way better mods for under 200k ec.

also what i dont understand is the advanced ground weps are better then the elite ground weps. now dont get me wrong, some of the stuff is nice. elite shields which are considered over powered and then the tact kit mk12 fire team. the mk12 fire team kit is over powered for ground pvp. fine we under stand power creep, but then why are the engineer and sci kits not up to par? first off an engineer can lay emplacements that look good. but if you have just 2 tacts on a ground stf that engineer is going to have a fail kit. the npc will be dead by the time the first mortar shell will hit the ground.

all the tacts are going to do is use suppression fire and use a sword with a critdx3 mod and mow down every npc. the borg cant use anything to slow down the tact since you can just use motion accletor. it will affect the whoel team but again the engineer is just going to be holding a gun and not really getting much of a chance to shoot anything.

see the thing is swords get 80% penetration, on top of that full omega gear gives crit, then we have 3 doffs as well to boost that crit. also the borg will not adapt to that damage.any ground stf can be completed with in a 6 minute time frame with a whole team using swords.

so i just ask that maybe the embassy kits gets another look at. not to nerf the tact kit but to bring engy and sci up to par with it. also maybe take a look at the ground and space weps from the star base.
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
This discussion has been closed.