test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance (February 1, 2013)

Comments

• jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tribble is usually up, just logging in now, and it appears to be

As a newbie, can someone tell me how you log in on the test server, and how you copy a character to it...or, is there a webpage or forum message that explains it?
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Patch notes continued;

Fixed PvP balance: KDF Level cap now set to 40
    All Fleet projects (Starbase and Embassy) now require Lock Box Keys and Dilithium only to complete.
    Lobi crystals are now bound to account as opposed to bound to character, but will expire in 24 hours if not used.
    Fleet ships now cost 8 Fleet ship Modules and 400,000 Dilithium.
    3 new Federation ships added, 6 KDF ships removed.
    All KDF boots now have spikes.
    Any zone, fleet, local, or private chat now de-cloaks all ships on the server.
    Beaming to First City no longer sends you to the Shipyard, sends you to Drozna station instead.
    Lockbox drop rate now increased by a factor of 200.
    Fixed invisible Borg torpedoes: All Borg weapons now invisible.
    Fixed framerate due to balloons: FPS now locked at 5 FPS.

Made me chuckle.. If Carlsberg made patch notes...oh no wait strike that, reverse it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    and here I was hoping to get it done on my other 10 out of 13 toon who haven't done the special yet.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As a newbie, can someone tell me how you log in on the test server, and how you copy a character to it...or, is there a webpage or forum message that explains it?

If i remember correctly the character copy can only be done when both tribble and holodeck are up.

i'll see if i can find a link on how to copy and access for you, for another time
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Link as promised

Accessing Tribble
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First time i've seen a log in que in 3 years!
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013

http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test

Or, Click on "My Account", under Profile, choose Character Copy. Even though it says may take a couple of hours, it's usually available right away. With the server issues atm, no guarantees. :)

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is a bit of a faf on now like. This is the only mmo ive noticed so much down time and for 2 hours a pop or more. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Originally Posted by harbinger242 View Post
    Patch notes continued;

All Fleet projects (Starbase and Embassy) now require Lock Box Keys and Dilithium only to complete.
    Lobi crystals are now bound to account as opposed to bound to character, but will expire in 24 hours if not used.
    Beaming to First City no longer sends you to the Shipyard, sends you to Drozna station instead.

lol
    but serriosly, Dont give them any new ideas how to hurt the players
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • kvetkvet Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    brandon, you are the frackin' man for reading all this BS and not going completely postal (yes, this is mild in comparison). Frankly, I don't know how you can do your job from day in to day out. You have the patience of an angel. or a demon. they both tend to wait around a lot I guess. still, props :)
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Its all good was wondering when I was gonna watch some tv today with doing free starships and doffing and rep system rofl... Guess its chosen for me lol
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well...at least I got the Kamarag just before I was cut off...Pity I can't get my feds ship today as my time is limited, but hopefully sto will be more stable tomorrow - like certain burgers.. :D
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, does "General server stability improvements." mean only that you turned off all the new party poppers?!?
    Or are you testing your internet-connection again? I'll run a tracert, just to be sure...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • iceaxe18iceaxe18 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I went to log in this morning to play for about an hour before work, but there doing maintenance this morning, so I hope they fix the Balloon lag this morning.
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is a bit of a faf on now like. This is the only mmo ive noticed so much down time and for 2 hours a pop or more. :(

You must have never played WoW...
  • jharyljjharylj Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, just two hours ... like yesterdays "two" hours?

Or the other days of this week? Is two hours off a day going to be common? Would be nice to know.

I like this game and spend more then enough money by now, but this maintenance downtimes every day are going to annoy me...
  • darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Patch notes continued;

Don't give them any ideas! :P
    kvet wrote: »
    brandon, you are the frackin' man for reading all this BS and not going completely postal (yes, this is mild in comparison). Frankly, I don't know how you can do your job from day in to day out. You have the patience of an angel. or a demon. they both tend to wait around a lot I guess. still, props :)

Being paid to lurk on forums, I'd say it's pretty much a dream job in every regard. :rolleyes:
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    stupid question: is there anything time limited going on with the event? (i think i've heard that the Ambassador is only around for 2 days or something like that? or am i way off here?)

because with all the downtime and lag... any such timelimit REALLY should be extended
    could barely play yesterday and today i want to start and surprise its down again!

oh well maybe tomorrow then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And the saga of Star Trek Offline continues:rolleyes:
  • hazellove7hazellove7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for all your hard work. :)
  • thevandallthevandall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please provide a little more warning for these maintenance events. I live in PST and I set my alarm early so I can wake up and update my progress towards the Omega and Romulan reputation systems. I was prepared for the 31st's maintenance, as I set my alarm for 6:25 so I could knock out the queues. I wake up today, and maintenance has already started. Please stick with a standard maintenance time.
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    stupid question: is there anything time limited going on with the event? (i think i've heard that the Ambassador is only around for 2 days or something like that? or am i way off here?)

because with all the downtime and lag... any such timelimit REALLY should be extended
    could barely play yesterday and today i want to start and surprise its down again!

oh well maybe tomorrow then

Yeah, it's like 2 weeks. And takes about 30 minutes to do the mission. And the ship isn't really worth it.
  • osena109osena109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    cool hope its fixed soon
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wonder if there gona fix it so when u jump and do the party popper u get the bigger balloons trick is adjusted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opiewan100opiewan100 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    New server new issues. Maybe its time for more than one server?
  • darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thevandall wrote: »
    Please provide a little more warning for these maintenance events. I live in PST and I set my alarm early so I can wake up and update my progress towards the Omega and Romulan reputation systems. I was prepared for the 31st's maintenance, as I set my alarm for 6:25 so I could knock out the queues. I wake up today, and maintenance has already started. Please stick with a standard maintenance time.

You think you're having it bad, for us Europeans it's right across the middle of the day, and well into the evening. Worse still, when they're down for more than two hours (which is common), then you're looking at days when playing at all is impossible.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At least I have some time to do some STARFLEET club business :)
  • starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I played all night and not once did I lag from balloons, my computer if far from new but are some of you people on a 486dx? Not sure how you play the game at all, STFs must be a slide show!
  • captainbrown2captainbrown2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So this is the 3 year anniversary and this week. Monday maintenance ok fine. Thursday normal maintenance ok. But now again today after extended maintenance yesterday? Add to that those of us who got the shaft with the launcher issue this week. And got the shaft again while the launcher was being tested the next day. I can't say its been a week I am all that happy with STO.
  • shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, it's like 2 weeks. And takes about 30 minutes to do the mission. And the ship isn't really worth it.

Im in a Fleet and 1 of the members spends no money at all on this game, so the ship was a blessing to him. It truly is a support ship, and that is just what he does with it in Elite STF's. We did them got the optionals. It is worth it if its put into teamwork.
This discussion has been closed.