test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance (February 1, 2013)

Comments

• opiewan100opiewan100 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, it's like 2 weeks. And takes about 30 minutes to do the mission. And the ship isn't really worth it.

Well considering its free and has a classic (classic is a perspective thing) look I would say its worth it for its owner or prospective owner. If you are looking for a dps tank or some mission specific ship then no go back to your min maxing and leave the RPGers to the happiness. ;)
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hrmf.... And I just decided to play some, here in the Netherlands. Oh, well... I'm guessing we'll get rid of the 'server not responding' for 40+ seconds at every map transition.

Keep up the good work, guys (and gals). I'll be back in just over an hour. ;)
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Aww I wanted to get baked with the wisest Tribble.:confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    opiewan100 wrote: »
    Well considering its free and has a classic (classic is a perspective thing) look I would say its worth it for its owner or prospective owner. If you are looking for a dps tank or some mission specific ship then no go back to your min maxing and leave the RPGers to the happiness. ;)

Oh, don't get me wrong - it's cool to have - but more of a vanity item than anything else. Maybe for RP it's great, but it doesn't even stack up to the T1 Captain and Rear Admiral (for the retrofit) ships...
    edited February 2013

Not sure how, or maybe I'm missing something. I'm a FTP person, and it doesn't compare to the free T1 ships you get at Captain and (for the retrofit) Rear Admiral.
    edited February 2013
    starlanced wrote: »
    I played all night and not once did I lag from balloons, my computer if far from new but are some of you people on a 486dx? Not sure how you play the game at all, STFs must be a slide show!

I think the balloon lag is more a joke. Lag, and let me tell you I know lag I used to be a WoW geek, is more related to concentrations of account access.

The balloons are just some mapping AI functions and probably take very little band with on the server, unless everyone is using HD map settings in Vid options.

:P
  • starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think the balloon lag is more a joke. Lag, and let me tell you I know lag I used to be a WoW geek, is more related to concentrations of account access.

The balloons are just some mapping AI functions and probably take very little band with on the server, unless everyone is using HD map settings in Vid options.

Agreed, it because of the amount of people logged in. I saw a queue of over 10000 at one point.
    edited February 2013

I saw more problems when zoning than anything else. Every "load screen" showed me a "server offline" for about 2 minutes. Most of the actual play was fine for me though, with the exception of a little bit of rubberbanding at Earth Spacedock.
    edited February 2013

Again its the look its not the functionality, I will never understand how folks complain there isn't enough story and then when they add something that has more value to the story than to PvP or even Pve its still not good enough.

Remember there needs to be a balance issue, After all do you run missions in a freighter?

So no I don't think you missed anything its not a mission specific ship Period its a back-story ship. Also probably one they had to get permission to add since I am sure the look is trademarked.

So sit back and if you dont like it do piolet the thing. :D
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank God they're fixin the stability issues.

Hopefully this also fixes the maddening delays moving items from bank to inventory, to ship.

This paired with lag, the random disconnects, plus the delays when moving between screens
    caused me to loose quite a bit of hair yesterday.

Thankfully the anniversary event, the Temporal Ambassador mission and the free ships totally made up for it.

It was nice hearing Denise's voice as Tasha Yar again, thank you Cryptic !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    You should now be able to start patching. Maintenance should complete shortly.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited February 2013
    Again its the look its not the functionality, I will never understand how folks complain there isn't enough story and then when they add something that has more value to the story than to PvP or even Pve its still not good enough.

Remember there needs to be a balance issue, After all do you run missions in a freighter?

So no I don't think you missed anything its not a mission specific ship Period its a back-story ship. Also probably one they had to get permission to add since I am sure the look is trademarked.

So sit back and if you dont like it do piolet the thing. :D

Sorry that cut and pasted the wrong thing when I posted it. It was in reply to reply about the free ship.
  • elnatorelnator Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What is with all the hate.
    1) It's a free ship... you don't have to buy it... at all.
    2) It's actually not a bad 'fleet support' ship for folks who play totally free and haven't saved up enough to get fleet modules yet or enough to outright buy a Tier 5 ship off the exchange for 60+ million EC.
    3) It's an iconic ship. I got one just to have it even though I will continue to fly my Chel Gret. I did, however, get one for my engineer captain and intend to use it when he hits CDR.

Nothing really wrong with the ship. Remember they are very likely to release a C-Store variant or a Fleet variant of it in a few weeks/months like they did with the Odyssey.
    ---
    - Damn the torpedos! Full speed ahead!
  • orion272orion272 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Man....I just woke up a few minutes ago and I wanted to play STO then I found out about the server....well....at least I have all day. :D

Devin Johnson
    USS Destiny

If Q gives your lemons, and istructs you to make him lemonade...Make it then splash it in his face! :)

Join date July 2011 don't trust the side bar.
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok, somehow this is getting strange: They want to reduce the lag and now I'm always routed through Cogent again?!? Exactly the route with the malfunction on monday (unable to update launcher and game)???

Well, I think this weekend it's gonna be "Star Trek Offline" for me, even if I'd replace that LTE-Router (the actual one wants to be reset every 2 days)...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If I dont log in I can visit the store, but when I log in no Store. Kinda odd! Maintenance I Guess?
  • mikenight00mikenight00 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was able to take and hold the aggro from a Tactical Cube in an elite STF with my retrofit Ambassador, which was something I couldn't do in my Assault Class. I was even able to survive when it used those cheat weapons on me while the rest of my PuG was able to beat it into submission. Its a support ship clear and simple. You try to take it out of the support role it'll fall flat on its face. I think its a rather good ship seeing as how the mission you have to do to get it isn't that long. I've spent more time doing Foundry missions for less rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Never Forget 5/21
  • transwarpspeedtranswarpspeed Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I notice allot of people giving the devs flack about the time of the maintenance. most likely thees kind people went into work bleary eyed before 5: 30 am pacific time. and I am really sympathetic to those of us in the UK and Europe, but its the middle of the day some time on the earth and you guys drew the short straw.

at the end of the day, they are making this game better and giving us an ambassador class star ship (in fact their giving us 2) so stop your QQing because the server will be up soon and all this will be forgotten about. that is until the next time the server goes down for maintenance:)
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You think you're having it bad, for us Europeans it's right across the middle of the day, and well into the evening. Worse still, when they're down for more than two hours (which is common), then you're looking at days when playing at all is impossible.

Well then, quit being in europe. Solved.
    edited February 2013
    Patch is big I guess the trace data they were getting pointed to some bigger issues than we thought.

I hope that this resolves the map jumps issue. Waiting in line to login is another issue with its own kettle of fish.
  • elora13elora13 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You should now be able to start patching. Maintenance should complete shortly.

Awesomely fast! Thank you so much! :)
  • skydoc1skydoc1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I notice allot of people giving the devs flack about the time of the maintenance. most likely thees kind people went into work bleary eyed before 5: 30 am pacific time. and I am really sympathetic to those of us in the UK and Europe, but its the middle of the day some time on the earth and you guys drew the short straw.

at the end of the day, they are making this game better and giving us an ambassador class star ship (in fact their giving us 2) so stop your QQing because the server will be up soon and all this will be forgotten about. that is until the next time the server goes down for maintenance:)

so the box for the ship and the box for the retrofit are two separate ships?
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    elnator wrote: »
    What is with all the hate.
    1) It's a free ship... you don't have to buy it... at all.
    2) It's actually not a bad 'fleet support' ship for folks who play totally free and haven't saved up enough to get fleet modules yet or enough to outright buy a Tier 5 ship off the exchange for 60+ million EC.
    3) It's an iconic ship. I got one just to have it even though I will continue to fly my Chel Gret. I did, however, get one for my engineer captain and intend to use it when he hits CDR.

Nothing really wrong with the ship. Remember they are very likely to release a C-Store variant or a Fleet variant of it in a few weeks/months like they did with the Odyssey.

Who's post are you referring too ?
    It it was mine mentioning the new ship, I think you missunderstood.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

edited February 2013
    skydoc1 wrote: »
    so the box for the ship and the box for the retrofit are two separate ships?

Same ship but at differing stages of its retrofit I would guess. One is commander grade so I would guess this represents and early model and the Rear Adm is a latter more modern retrofit.
    edited February 2013
    This may be a record-short number of pages thread on a maintenance.. not 100+ like last.
    edited February 2013
    Same ship but at differing stages of its retrofit I would guess. One is commander grade so I would guess this represents and early model and the Rear Adm is a latter more modern retrofit.

The official story is that the T3 one was abandoned, they later made the Vor'Cha.
    The T5 is them making a modern version, fixing the issues in the T3 one.
    edited February 2013

Ah, coooool ;)
    edited February 2013
    So patch is up and waiting for server. Now we find out if the patch actually worked. Here there be dragons. :eek:
    edited February 2013
    So patch is up and waiting for server. Now we find out if the patch actually worked. Here there be dragons. :eek:

we'll fall off the edge of the known universe!!:D
  • djezc#0623 djezc Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i thought the lag was just from all the balloons .. lol
This discussion has been closed.