test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance (February 1, 2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited February 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online this morning in just few minutes for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

EDIT: The patch notes state "general server stability improvements" -- this means there are no content updates/ changes in it, and the goal is to improve the experience in-game in terms of "lag", connectivity, etc. Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Nooooo!

Who broke the tribble with yesterday's patch?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No surprise, things have been hugely unstable since the patch yesterday. Guess they figured out how to fix it. What's an anniversary event without a little unexpected downtime, eh?
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    kvet wrote: »
    No surprise, things have been hugely unstable since the patch yesterday. Guess they figured out how to fix it. What's an anniversary event without a little unexpected downtime, eh?

Probably thanks to the million or so balloons flooding ESD and The First City.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just glad I got the main event done on my chars last night, but there was a bit of instability last night I noticed. The balloons even started giving my system trouble...thats a first for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So is this an actual 2 hours, or a normal "2 hours?"

:D

Just poking some fun. Thanks for all you're doing.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The server got stuffed by the Anniversary. ;)

First time I've seen a login queue in ages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So is this an actual 2 hours, or a normal "2 hours?"

:D

Just poking some fun. Thanks for all you're doing.

Yes, please an actual 2 hours this time, not a Cryptic time 2 hours.

I kid. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    miloflippermiloflipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We made too many balloons, the devs got to go round and pop them all...
  • Options
    jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It appears that it was probably lag, considering how many people were trying to log in at the same time, as all the instances were full...at one time I saw the queue to log in at over 5000 people..
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • Options
    darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Always down at the only times I can play... fantastic. Let's hope they fix more than they break with this one.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • Options
    marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nooooooooooooo just destroyed Donatra and was going to take my loot and the game went down for the maintenance :(
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i dont want to seem rude but why is it
    that you guys never say what your really updating
    and changing??

might as well come out and say what your changing
    we all know its not a normal maintenance.
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    May be it will fix the problem of the new mission not completing correctly at random and having to run it again from some point in the mission?

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Do both test and live come down for the maintenance? Not usually around for the down times so not familiar with the proceedings.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Need to turn the Green light Icon to Red for sever status during this time you all forgot.
  • Options
    pikachu2013pikachu2013 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online this morning in just few minutes for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

EDIT: The patch notes state "general server stability improvements" -- this means there are no content updates/ changes in it, and the goal is to improve the experience in-game in terms of "lag", connectivity, etc. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

i see you do it early morning PST shame about us european players then right in the middle of our day its 2pm here in the uk, lets see if it only lasts 2 hours this time not 5 hours like last night, hopley you get all the bugs out of the system, jumping between screens last nigh had to wait at least 60 seconds as server was not responding each time, well see you in 2 hours then
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    artanisen wrote: »
    i dont want to seem rude but why is it
    that you guys never say what your really updating
    and changing??

might as well come out and say what your changing
    we all know its not a normal maintenance.

Patch notes are linked in the OP. That's really what we're updating. I've also added a note in yellow.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    aidy1972uk wrote: »
    Do both test and live come down for the maintenance? Not usually around for the down times so not familiar with the proceedings.

Tribble is usually up, just logging in now, and it appears to be
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited February 2013
    2hours = 5 hour cryptic time
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    NOOOOOO!!!

Just got home from a course I'm taking, log onto to STO to relax, and get the 5 minute warning :(

Really sucks when that happens, specially after looking foreward to flying my new Ambassador all day...

But hopefully this maint will fix the servers, wich are... Not entirealy stable to put it kindly...

Oh well, that's life i suppose :D
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    snoge00f wrote: »
    The server got stuffed by the Anniversary. ;)

First time I've seen a login queue in ages.

I know! I think there was a lot of closings due to weather, so lots of people home that wouldn't normally be on a Thursday.

Managed to get the Q mission done on all characters, queued while changing characters(!) , finished the main mission on one toon and it looped back to the end as if I hadn't finished it.

Hoping it was lag. Took about 5-8 minutes to get the party box on ESD, decided to wait until today but waited too long this morning.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    pikachu2013pikachu2013 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    May be it will fix the problem of the new mission not completing correctly at random and having to run it again from some point in the mission?

i had that, left the mission, started it again an hour later only went through it once as it completed when i got back to spacedock
  • Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    11.500 was last if i switched my char 16 hours ago

mfg
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    tribble2013tribble2013 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    3 patches in a week lol
  • Options
    thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    To be clear, what time did the server go down so we know when the two hours is up so we can start complaining again..XD
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    thebumble wrote: »
    To be clear, what time did the server go down so we know when the two hours is up so we can start complaining again..XD

12 minutes ago. I'm thinking we might be done closer to 1.5 hours, so we'll see :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    harbinger242harbinger242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    General:

General server stability improvements.

Patch notes continued;

Fixed PvP balance: KDF Level cap now set to 40
    All Fleet projects (Starbase and Embassy) now require Lock Box Keys and Dilithium only to complete.
    Lobi crystals are now bound to account as opposed to bound to character, but will expire in 24 hours if not used.
    Fleet ships now cost 8 Fleet ship Modules and 400,000 Dilithium.
    3 new Federation ships added, 6 KDF ships removed.
    All KDF boots now have spikes.
    Any zone, fleet, local, or private chat now de-cloaks all ships on the server.
    Beaming to First City no longer sends you to the Shipyard, sends you to Drozna station instead.
    Lockbox drop rate now increased by a factor of 200.
    Fixed invisible Borg torpedoes: All Borg weapons now invisible.
    Fixed framerate due to balloons: FPS now locked at 5 FPS.
  • Options
    ladyvampiressladyvampiress Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the week not finished yet so hehe we can stil reach 4 and 5 maintenances. :P
  • Options
    allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Stability improvements are full of WIN! I thank all involved in advance. The time slot chosen for this patch was slightly earlier than the norm...also full of WIN.
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please fix all these random disconnects, happens every 10mins or so, i must say since S7 the game has been pretty much a nightmare :P
This discussion has been closed.