test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic.. Temporal Ambassador. Im impressed. SPOILER ALERT!!

Comments

• startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    HAIL THE WISEST TRIBBLE(from maintenance tubes)
  • startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    is the mission repeatable?
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I thought it was great overall. It's nice to see Cryptic telling a story. And it was a story with characters too.

But, maybe I need to play it again, because I'm not very sure that I understand the story. I read every word.

It's been a while since I watched the relevant episodes, so it was like juggling all these different folks from different timelines. Maybe it was how the information was presented to me. I wanted to ask Tasha what the hell she was talking about when it came to her and the Ent C, because I don't remember. The game could have refreshed my memory better in a way that advanced the story.

I need Doc Brown to explain things on a chalk board.

Tasha VOs were kind of meh for me. It had the inflection of a school teacher talking to a child.

However, that female Ferengi was SO Awesome. That was one of the best female Ferengi voices I've ever heard.

It was disturbing to see a blue Bolian named after my "Helna of Troy" boff.

Biggest flaw: I couldn't die in space. So, essentially the mission has 0% game, besides the maze. It has one battle, where they player can't die.

Otherwise great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Everyone remember where we parked

Temporal treasure hunting

The wisest tribble

Dead Jim

Celebration: Year Three
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey Kestrel, I heard your interview on the G&T Show, and I must say, in your words, like a 1980s comic book character:

BEST. MISSION. EVAAAAR.

Really, wow. I'm running my 2nd character through it and am going to start on the third once I get some breakfast, but no where am I bored.

I even dare say this is better than What Lies Beneath. :D

Keep up the good work! This gives hope to some new FEs to come, eh? :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I thought it was great overall. It's nice to see Cryptic telling a story. And it was a story with characters too.

But, maybe I need to play it again, because I'm not very sure that I understand the story. I read every word.

It's been a while since I watched the relevant episodes, so it was like juggling all these different folks from different timelines. Maybe it was how the information was presented to me. I wanted to ask Tasha what the hell she was talking about when it came to her and the Ent C, because I don't remember. The game could have refreshed my memory better in a way that advanced the story.

Tasha VOs were kind of meh for me. It had the inflection of a school teacher talking to a child.

However, that female Ferengi was SO Awesome. That was one of the best female Ferengi voices I've ever heard.

Biggest flaw: I couldn't die in space. So, essentially the mission has 0% game, besides the maze. It has one battle, where they player can't die.

Otherwise great.

IIRC, Isn't that ferengi the one from Operation Gamma?
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Otherwise great.

A lot of the characters weren't from the shows, but from other FEs or storyline mission arcs.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
    edited January 2013
    p2wsucks wrote: »
    A lot of the characters weren't from the shows, but from other FEs or storyline mission arcs.

Yes, I know. I was referring more to the underlying mechanics of a character who died on the D, returned in Yesterday's Enterprise. If I remember correctly, she went back on the C in that episode. I can't remember much else.

It's just been so long since I've seen those episodes that some of the dialogue confused me. I'm probably just being dense today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It is staying. read the blog. the tier 5 ship is the limited reward, not the mission.

Must've missed that. Sweet. :D
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I never got the it's dead jim one MUST GO BACK:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

The wisest tribble

Dead Jim

Was talking on Doffjobs and theres 2 more, before you speak to Tasha and the other chap, if you speak to everyone in the buildings/rooms you get one

also when in the tube looking at the Enterprise, if you stand still and do nothing while looking at the ship you supposedly get one when Tasha says something to you

now about to run through on my 3rd character to try them out
  • daisyrentondaisyrenton Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yep, fair play to the devs - that was a truly enjoyable mission, even if the uniform reward was a bit disappointing. Getting nagged at by Tasha and meeting your BOFFs in the first area was a really nice touch and I enjoyed flying the Enterprise-C.

Definite replay value, as well. Yesterday's Enterprise was always one of my favourite episodes/alternate timelines.
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you're talking about yar, I'm sure memory alpha has the whole thing, but I'll try to sum up.

Yar died in season 1 of TNG. However, in the episode Yesterday's Enterprise, when the Enterprise-C when through this temporal rift, it created an alternate timeline where Yar survived and stayed on the Enterprise D, which met the Enterprise C when if came into the future of this alternate timeline.

Now, the Crew of the Enterprises decided that in the hopes of a better timeline, they should send the Enterprise C back to get destroyed, thus preventing a war with the Klingons in this alternate time line. But Yar fell for this guy on the Enterprise C and decided to go back with him into the past, so now there are apparently two Yars in the "prime" timeline. This second Yar got captured by the Romulans and eventually had a kid by one of them before being killed for trying to escape. The kid grew up to be Sela, who was the empress of the Romulan Empire, etc etc etc.

So, yeah, temporal paradox, but they have those every other week, so just squint and ignore it. And hope that helps.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • ukkorbyukkorby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh yes! Giving orders out was the feature I loved the most! I am sure others will agree with me.

The voice overs were also very cool! - I'd love to see more for future missions, I think it would also be cool if members who create there own foundry content could do their own voice over's ya could add basic effects to change the voice if sounds unprofessional.
    edited January 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    If you're talking about yar, I'm sure memory alpha has the whole thing, but I'll try to sum up.

Yar died in season 1 of TNG. However, in the episode Yesterday's Enterprise, when the Enterprise-C when through this temporal rift, it created an alternate timeline where Yar survived and stayed on the Enterprise D, which met the Enterprise C when if came into the future of this alternate timeline.

Now, the Crew of the Enterprises decided that in the hopes of a better timeline, they should send the Enterprise C back to get destroyed, thus preventing a war with the Klingons in this alternate time line. But Yar fell for this guy on the Enterprise C and decided to go back with him into the past, so now there are apparently two Yars in the "prime" timeline. This second Yar got captured by the Romulans and eventually had a kid by one of them before being killed for trying to escape. The kid grew up to be Sela, who was the empress of the Romulan Empire, etc etc etc.

So, yeah, temporal paradox, but they have those every other week, so just squint and ignore it. And hope that helps.

Thanks. So the tasha we meet in this episode is the Tasha who fell the guy. before she was captured by the Romulans. At first I thought she belonged to the Tholian timeline, because she referred to my timeline as the correct one in which she's dead. Then she spoke of traveling from the correct timeline, and I was thinking, "But wait, you said you died on the correct timeline."

Knowing that, I'll replay it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bloody hell, the downtime lasted so long I got myself blitzed drunk and now I don't feel comfortable playing...

I guess I'll get to see it tomorrow once my head has cleared. Thanks for the preliminary reports, it sounds great.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I never got the it's dead jim one MUST GO BACK:D

I LOL'd when I got that one. 'Who's Jim?' lol....

Though....I had to resist the urge to put the neck pinch on Tasha when she starts with the berating you about not deactivating the force fields fast enough....You want off this rock or not, woman???:D
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It was a great time. Thanks for this mission! :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    All in all, I give this mission an A+++ Rating.

Having you play yourself in a similar setting to Yesterday's Enterprise, in how you got swept into the Alternate Timeline and becoming a Freighter Captain.

Then find yourself in a prisoner shipyard similar to the ones in Enterprise, where you encounter STO's famous faces as well as some of your BOFFS. (Honestly, I didn't know they were my BOFFs until I got to the Science Officer. Guess my BOFFs had sex change in this timeline going from Male to Female. :rolleyes:)

But the best part was encountering Alternate Timeline Tasha and LT. Castillo (did you get Chris McDonald to reprise his role?) Denise Crosby really did a great job with the Voice Acting, to hear inflections in her speech with anger, disappointment, and even sadness. Can't wait to hear more of her as Sela.

Captain Shan doing a immitation of Braveheart. (Bet there was cracking up at that recording).

And thought it was fun crawling through the Jefferies Tubes. (Hope to see more missions with it, and maybe adding it to older missions like Wargames).

The Command Room and seeing the Enterprise-C with the interactive environment and getting to go on the gangway to board her. That really was a great moment. Guess someone might've remembered the ESD idea I pitched two years ago with a similar setting. Hopefully we will get to see more of such scenes, maybe boarding a ship at DS9?

Then actually commanding the Enterprise-C herself, was quite the pleasure, she handled beautifully. (Even though I had to chuckle her being loaded with MK12 weaponry, when her era was Mk 8s.)

Last but not least, the Time Intervention. Was a good moment. I assume he's going to be STO's verison of Braxton?

Problems / Concerns:

Lag of course. The severe server lag really impacted this more than I would have liked. :(

Seeing my character in the jumpsuit was unexpected, but at the time I was wearing my MACO uniform and a gun on my back, had to make me chuckle.

Cutscenes had me headless.

Got stuck in the map one time I had to beam out and had to restart, which wasn't too fun.

Exited the Anomoly and didn't finish the mission. When returning, it started me off from the beginning of the prison.

Storyline concerns:

Was T'Nae beamed off as well? If not, the Temporal Correction Officer made a booboo. :P

Why wasn't the Enterprise-C had any battledamage? Did the Tholians repair her?

Where were the Enterprise-C's crew? How they get aboard to restart her?

And the talk with Sela, I was expecting her to appear at the end. Too bad.

All in all, I honestly liked this mission so much, she probably is the best mission I ever played in STO. Especially since the only fighting was at the end.
    It was disturbing to see a blue Bolian named after my "Helna of Troy" boff..

Psst, that was Helna - your BOFF. :P
  • forcardassia6forcardassia6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I enjoyed the mission for the most part. My only complaint is that I wish there would have been a little bit more to the mission. I wonder if the voice over for Castillo was actually from the actor who played him or if it was just someone else. Was impressed with Captain Shon's voice too. I wasn't a big fan of the voice overs for T'nae and Farek and thought they were really terrible. Not sure why Farek's voice changed so much from the episode 'Operation Gamma'. It was really great then... very Ferengi-like. All of the other voice overs were really well done though.
    edited January 2013
    Never thought I'd say this....

I want more NAO NAO NAO NAO...I really hope more missions like this for the future.:)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • nx170487nx170487 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Happy Birthday. Nice Ship, nice Mission, nice day and nice gifts.

But, please correct the Bridge of the Ambassador.

At the moment it is a Bridge from the TNG Enterprise D from the

Parallels Episode ( Season 7 , Episode 11 ) .

But it must look like this on :

http://www.bolarus.de/sibs/class/pic/ambass14.jpg

Please give os one more gift for the Star Trek Online Birthday...

A original Ambassador Class Bridge...

Again Happy Birthday and greetings from Germany. :)
    edited January 2013
    I enjoyed the mission for the most part. My only complaint is that I wish there would have been a little bit more to the mission. I wonder if the voice over for Castillo was actually from the actor who played him or if it was just someone else. Was impressed with Captain Shon's voice too. I wasn't a big fan of the voice overs for T'nae and Farek and thought they were really terrible. Not sure why Farek's voice changed so much from the episode 'Operation Gamma'. It was really great then... very Ferengi-like. All of the other voice overs were really well done though.

Farek was most likely not as happy since in that timeline Ferengi woman never got rites since DS9 never happened.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    We are so excited that you enjoyed it :) I've passed along your feedback to the rest of the team.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited February 2013
    Where were the Enterprise-C's crew? How they get aboard to restart her?

Good question. 4 people can fly the Enterprise C?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2013

The wisest tribble

Dead Jim

Dead Jim is in the tunnels - SW corner during the "Saves (More Than) Nine" portion
  • mrfrisbymrfrisby Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Alternate Allies

* Talk to everyone in the camp

The Wisest Tribble
    Temporal Treasure Hunting
    Everyone Rember Where We Parked
    Dead Jim

* Explore all the caves

Don't Quit Your Day Job

* not sure how i got this on but I warp out after cut scene and when I reentered I was back at the control room

Now You C Me

* Look at your new ship

I hope this helps, if you found other let me know thanks
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't Quit Your Day Job

Just learned you get it by giving the wrong assignment positions.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Dead Jim is in the tunnels - SW corner during the "Saves (More Than) Nine" portion

Actually the location of the three is random, well not completely.

They'll be in the same three locations, it's just that which one is where will be randomly chosen.
    edited February 2013
    Good question. 4 people can fly the Enterprise C?

These guys seem to disagree :cool: http://youtu.be/_k9Ukm9LaWg?t=3m32s
    GwaoHAD.png