test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic.. Temporal Ambassador. Im impressed. SPOILER ALERT!!

Comments

• mrfrisbymrfrisby Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All it say is

Try your best not to free the Enterprise-C from the Tholian work camp.
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    accolades i found are
    the wisest tribble
    dead jim
    temporal treasure hunting
    everyone remember where we parked
    now you c me
    and the obvious(just a figure of speach for the last following so no confusion)
    temporal ambassador
    and celebration year three

i can only play this once yes? so miss all the other accolades? fun mission thro :)
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    These guys seem to disagree :cool: http://youtu.be/_k9Ukm9LaWg?t=3m32s

Good point. I'm really off my game today when it comes to canon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Was talking on Doffjobs and theres 2 more, before you speak to Tasha and the other chap, if you speak to everyone in the buildings/rooms you get one

also when in the tube looking at the Enterprise, if you stand still and do nothing while looking at the ship you supposedly get one when Tasha says something to you

now about to run through on my 3rd character to try them out

I stood there for quite a while and didn't get anything like that. The only time I was spoken to in that tube was about the force fields.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    These guys seem to disagree :cool: http://youtu.be/_k9Ukm9LaWg?t=3m32s
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Good point. I'm really off my game today when it comes to canon.

Yeah, the Enterprise 1701 was automated when they went to Genesis. But given we are to correct the timeline, kind of a major oversight to forget the other hundreds of crewmembers of the Enterprise-C, now isn't it? Especially with the Battle of Naradra III? So it just ends up the Enterprise-C gets captured with only Castillo and Tasha Yar (providing T'nae got beamed off at the end of this mission as well).

That or we got another STO paradox like Driffin's Comet. :rolleyes:
  • rpb2012rpb2012 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Does anyone Know what the name of the outfit you get at the end of "Temporal Ambassador" when you get collect your two Ambassador class star ships.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, the Enterprise 1701 was automated when they went to Genesis. But given we are to correct the timeline, kind of a major oversight to forget the other hundreds of crewmembers of the Enterprise-C, now isn't it? Especially with the Battle of Naradra III? So it just ends up the Enterprise-C gets captured with only Castillo and Tasha Yar (providing T'nae got beamed off at the end of this mission as well).

That or we got another STO paradox like Driffin's Comet. :rolleyes:

someone was in my power tray so they had to beam them up in the background at some point.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So, how do you say, "Yellow Alert! someone is stealing the Enterprise!" in Tholian?
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    rpb2012 wrote: »
    Does anyone Know what the name of the outfit you get at the end of "Temporal Ambassador" when you get collect your two Ambassador class star ships.
    You get the belt and shoulder strap that the Big E - D crew wore in the episode... It's listed under "chest gear" and "belt" as an accesory to your On Duty Uniform...
    edited February 2013
    One thing to remember - after you complete the mission - you need to set all your BOFF station assignments back to what you had them set for before.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    So, how do you say, "Yellow Alert! someone is stealing the Enterprise!" in Tholian?

Click Click curp curp click curp click SQEEEE Enterprise
    GwaoHAD.png
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    One thing to remember - after you complete the mission - you need to set all your BOFF station assignments back to what you had them set for before.

Yep, the only negative point/annoyance to the mission. Otherwise, outstanding work.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm really surprised by that mission.
    Not to say that i am impressed, i really like it.

I think the misson designers have made a great leap into the right direction. Compared to some older missions, even though some where weeklys, this one is very well done.
    It's a shame it won't be a regular mission.

I don't say this often about cryptics work, i think this one is a masterpiece IMO.
    If upcoming missions are going to be as high grade as this, i think we have something to look forward to.

I absolutely hate the Galaxy class BOFF & Console layout.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    oooooon wrote: »

The only "bug" I experienced was the tactical and engineering officers placed on the map. They were using my crewmembers names, however their appearance were something completly different. Is this intentional? Had they looked like my crewmembers as well then it would have been very interactive, incorporating my own crew into the story. Very nice touch regardsless!

Mine looked like themselves, just in the worker jumpsuit. I found it interesting that the Borg had nothing to say on the topic of her race.

I really enjoyed the Episode. It fun. I never expected to actually get to see my character's mirror self. It was too bad they did not get a guy and gal to read the lines for your crew members. Not that I am complaining, mind you.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yreodred wrote: »
    I'm really surprised by that mission.
    Not to say that i am impressed, i really like it.

I think the misson designers have made a great leap into the right direction. Compared to some older missions, even though some where weeklys, this one is very well done.
    It's a shame it won't be a regular mission.

I don't say this often about cryptics work, i think this one is a masterpiece IMO.
    If upcoming missions are going to be as high grade as this, i think we have something to look forward to.

I absolutely hate the Galaxy class BOFF & Console layout.

It will be a regular mission once the event is over. So, unlike the Utopia Planitia from last year, this one is staying :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    If you're talking about yar, I'm sure memory alpha has the whole thing, but I'll try to sum up.

Yar died in season 1 of TNG. However, in the episode Yesterday's Enterprise, when the Enterprise-C when through this temporal rift, it created an alternate timeline where Yar survived and stayed on the Enterprise D, which met the Enterprise C when if came into the future of this alternate timeline.

Now, the Crew of the Enterprises decided that in the hopes of a better timeline, they should send the Enterprise C back to get destroyed, thus preventing a war with the Klingons in this alternate time line. But Yar fell for this guy on the Enterprise C and decided to go back with him into the past, so now there are apparently two Yars in the "prime" timeline. This second Yar got captured by the Romulans and eventually had a kid by one of them before being killed for trying to escape. The kid grew up to be Sela, who was the empress of the Romulan Empire, etc etc etc.

So, yeah, temporal paradox, but they have those every other week, so just squint and ignore it. And hope that helps.
    It's not a paradox. It's a closed loop
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is not paradoxial, it is just convoluted.

When the Ent-D encounted the temporal anomaly the timeline the events were self-contained. We get to see an alternate future where things did not procede as we are familiar with. The Tasha from that alternate future goes back into the "real" past and from that we get Sela.

The future we are familiar with goes on as normal, but with the addition of an extra Tasha that doesn't exist in the "prime" universe, but is fully allowed to exist by the rules of (fantasy) temporal physics. Star Trek obviously subsciribes to the alternate time line theory of time travel, so none of these occuracnces are paradoxial.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
    edited February 2013
    After being inside the Wells class cut scene and we're back in our own ship, we're supposed to go to the Tholian base... anyone know where it is? Map doesn't show it.

It says exit the system, then it tells me to come back to the system... And I go right back into the tunnels and have to repeat everything over and over.
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is a real star trek mission ... and the tribble is extremly wise. :D
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agree. Kinda makes me mad we're not getting this quality on a consistent basis.

God knows we pay enough in lockboxes, or, like me, used to.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Click Click curp curp click curp click SQEEEE Enterprise

Thanks for the laugh:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All of my BOs became Andorians. Alternate timeline INDEED.

I was amused that my Liberated Borg BOFFs were in that time-line. And left thinking "Umm, this is probably really really bad.".
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good mission, kind of hoped we'd have some way to bring the C home, but good anyway
  • heresincebetaheresincebeta Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Really loved the free bonus of getting all my Bridge Officers unslotted... *sigh*
    edited February 2013
    accolades i found are
    the wisest tribble
    dead jim
    temporal treasure hunting
    everyone remember where we parked
    now you c me
    and the obvious(just a figure of speach for the last following so no confusion)
    temporal ambassador
    and celebration year three

i can only play this once yes? so miss all the other accolades? fun mission thro :)

I found:

The Wisest Tribble (10)
    Temporal Treasure Hunting (10)
    Now You C Me (10)
    Everyone Remember Where We Parked (10)
    Celebration: Year Three! (100)
    Dead Jim (10)

Where is "Temporal Ambassador" ?

Yes, we can play more than once.
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was also dissapointed that the Ambassador like so many other good ships didn't get its own bridge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It was another crappy ground mission I passed in 5 mins without even needing to read the text. Only for Star Trek fans, but again, not for actual gamers, without any gameplay and showing all the lack of quality, graphics, design and decent animation of this game (lol, Tashia Yar looks like a robot speaking with and old-woman voice).
  • andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Easily one of the best missions, cant wait to see more like it.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay.

Really loved it. The plot was convoluted enough to be a Brannon Braga Voyager script but I felt the quality carried it (as it did with Braga's better episodes).

I'd eat up more missions in this vein. If they could do one of these a month, I'd say forget about FE SERIES and focus on awesome one offs like this.

Just maybe not quite this complicated every time. :-)

(BTW, I was surprised the 29th century guys didn't mention integrating us with our Prime counterpart; I THINK they did but that had to be my favorite wacky concept from Relativity; that whenever a spare of someone pops up due to a paradox, the time cops merge the two versions in a temporal transporter.)
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lter wrote: »
    It was another crappy ground mission I passed in 5 mins without even needing to read the text. Only for Star Trek fans, but again, not for actual gamers, without any gameplay and showing all the lack of quality, graphics, design and decent animation of this game (lol, Tashia Yar looks like a robot speaking with and old-woman voice).

Im sorry but if your not a star trek Fan dont even play this game, in other words Frak you. If you cant appreticate that this isnt just a pew pew game leave, NOW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]