test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic.. Temporal Ambassador. Im impressed. SPOILER ALERT!!

Comments

• darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    but for now, where can I get the jumpsuit? I loved it.

It was a version of the Enterprise era jumpsuit, just colored yellow/gold.
    You just don't get the Tholian insignia on the back
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It was a version of the Enterprise era jumpsuit, just colored yellow/gold.
    You just don't get the Tholian insignia on the back

I thought that at first but, upon replay, noticed that it had a unique texture.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought the cutscenes in particular were very well done, and really made the mission come to life. I also thought it was refreshing to see so much effort and attention given to a largely non-combat mission outside of the Foundry for a change. (Not that I don't enjoy combat, but it's nice to have a variety of mission types.)

I did not have any trouble with the appearances of my BOFFs.

The anomOly, however? Oh, dear. That needs to be fixed ASAP. ;)

I admit I felt like--as usual for all FE's (except for whoever plays Obisek) there was some serious overacting going on on the voiceovers; the lines read did not sound natural. That said, I did like the writing itself.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gulberat wrote: »
    I admit I felt like--as usual for all FE's (except for whoever plays Obisek) there was some serious overacting going on on the voiceovers; the lines read did not sound natural. That said, I did like the writing itself.

Really? I thought Crosby sounded like she was falling asleep a couple of times. :P

But still, it's one of my favorites. ;)
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    However you describe it...something was very off and "not natural" about most of the voiceovers. I agree, I don't think Denise Crosby was really "feeling it," though it was quite gracious of her to make an appearance in this game. So it's not any sort of personal slam, but I did think she sounded little different than the other Cryptic actors. (Which almost had me wondering if it was the directors' fault, and not strictly hers.)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree with everyone here - this is too good an episode to be whisked away forever when the event is up. It's a top five candidate, exactly the kind of mission I'd use to sell new players on joining the game.

FYI - the Devs have stated multiple times on the Forums (and in the blog too); that the mission is remaining in game after the Anniversary event is over -- it'll award the Tier 3 Ambassador. The only thing going away is the Tier 5 Ambassador Retrofit reward.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • taergontaergon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The mission made about as much sense as any other star trek time travel/ alternative universe episode.

Thoroughly enjoyable though.

Please bring back Episode series for stories rather than generic repeatable instance based missions!
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lter wrote: »
    This. A mission for dumbs, like the 99% of the missions in this game.

Seriously would you please leave STO before I find you in it and blow you up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    (BTW, I was surprised the 29th century guys didn't mention integrating us with our Prime counterpart; I THINK they did but that had to be my favorite wacky concept from Relativity; that whenever a spare of someone pops up due to a paradox, the time cops merge the two versions in a temporal transporter.)

On that note. I think reintegration is not for alternate timelines. In the alternate timelines the people would have an entire lifetime of experience and memories of that timeline. Trying to merge a two lifetimes together would be traumatic. Much less trying to do that multiple times. It would probably lead to temporal psychosis.

It seems that temporal reintegration is for minor perturbations of the same timeline. Even future Braxton (the one trying to destroy Voyager) was from same timeline. Janeway's and Seven's temporal shenanigans were minor compar to Braxton's.

And Captain Walker said the timeline would right itself once the Enterprise-C get back to it's proper location. In other instances of timeline's restoring themselves, everything out of place, dead, gone forgotten, etc were put into their proper locations. I would assume that included our Captain as well. It seems that Captain Walker just pulled us out of the Enteprise-C for safekeeping until the timeline was restored.
  • lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    oooooon wrote: »
    Just finished the mission. Must say it was one of the most interactive and most interesting episodes you have made so far!

I really enjoyed:

- The Voice overs
    - The multiple options
    - The story line
    - The environment
    - The interactive characters and the ability to give them orders

The storyline was interesting and the fact that your character becomes someone else was a nice touch. The control room where you release the Enterprise and see the ship docked was beautifully made.

Denise Crosby was great and having her dropping little remarks as well as establishing a remote communique (is that even a word?) with her was brilliant and very role playing.

Overall, I am very impressed and hope that you continue to make these types of missions. It definitely proves that a featured episode does not have to be part of a story arc to be enjoyed.

I've always said that the developers were lazy and I will not apologize. If you can do a mission like this, why not continue the good work?

Please I hope to do more missions like this for the eighth season and I hope that this mission can be repeated even after finishing the event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Loved the episode! No what shot it over the top for me? Seeing my own Bo's. great and orginal!
  • gong1fu1pandagong1fu1panda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Voice over were awesome. Wish every episode had the same amount of voice overs.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I almost forgot to comment on the mission itself. Well the best indicator is my forum reading. I read the forums while playing STO during down times. Towards the end of the eventing, I'm down to refreshing the "New Posts" to see what few threads have new posts.

Well last night I started reading only one thread, this one in fact, and I got to page 6. And then it was time for bed., That is how much I enjoyed this mission. I only ran 3 characters through it because I wanted to savor every minute in the mission.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When I herd the Star Trek dum dum dum music play when my ship vanished..... I knew S**T just got real.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just played this mission again and it wouldn't complete twice in a row. I finished the mission, but it wouldn't resolve, with the system stuck on "Seven {but less than} Nine."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seriously would you please leave STO before I find you in it and blow you up

Ease up there Devon...

Just ignore folks like this..., they aren't worth the energy it takes to type out a response.

One does have to wonder though, why do they play the game, if they find it sooo boringly bad.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • realdarth5ava63realdarth5ava63 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Read the title, and cryptic you want us to stop ********. That's how.
    I felt like i was playing a great star trek ep, not some crappy voyager 8 writers to fix the mess ep. NO kidding this was right up next to yesterdays enterprise.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Overall I felt the mission was very good, one of the best even. The story was very Trek, something we haven't had in awhile. I've never really been a Denise Crosby fan, "Skin of Evil" almost makes it to my top 10 Trek episodes, I was happy to learn that she was doing this for us. However, while it was good to see Tasha again, a lot of Denise's dialog sounded as if she was reading a novel for an audio book. Maybe it's because she doesn't do a lot of voice work. Hopefully, her experience here will lead to a better performance if she does Sela.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • ewilpwnyewilpwny Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agreed, loved this mission, looking forward to upcoming seasons.
    See you in space :D
    Seruk@HoodedSandman
  • ewilpwnyewilpwny Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ewilpwny wrote: »
    Agreed, loved this mission, looking forward to upcoming seasons.
    And on the bad side: This mission totally screwed up my ships tray setup :(
    Edit: Actually my ship stations was reset :(
    Edit2: Cryptic, I forgive you for this. the mission was very well worth it and I know you are working on a solution on the ship-change problem
    See you in space :D
    Seruk@HoodedSandman
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    LOVED IT! Tasha and all the voice-overs!

I was surprised to find my alternate-BOffs, I wanted to find the rest of them. I did find that they looked like they were supposed to. Meeting most of the major in-game characters was nice too.

It was fun! I really want to be able to replay this mission on demand... please keep it in!... minus the rewards, if you must.

I was expecting, what I believe was, the Yesterday Uniform... I didn't get it as a reward.

The ship's configuration is interesting, it's a very close the Galaxy Dreadnought, nice to be able to use more Sci abilities!

Thanks, Cryptic! Happy Birthday!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sirokk wrote: »

I was expecting, what I believe was, the Yesterday Uniform... I didn't get it as a reward.

You got the Yesterday Uniform, you need to go to the tailor and you will see the uniform available
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lordhook wrote: »
    You got the Yesterday Uniform, you need to go to the tailor and you will see the uniform available

And it's not really a full uniform, it's the belt and chest strap that they wore over the TNG uniform in the episode. The sash is under Chest Gear in the uniform part of the tailor, and the other bit is under Belt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just had a Flashback to the 80's and remembered old school Zelda. :eek:
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I just had a Flashback to the 80's and remembered old school Zelda. :eek:
    There is a strong similarity. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Originally Posted by lordhook

"You got the Yesterday Uniform, you need to go to the tailor and you will see the uniform available"

Oh, I went to the Tailor but it was not listed.
    diotw wrote: »
    And it's not really a full uniform, it's the belt and chest strap that they wore over the TNG uniform in the episode. The sash is under Chest Gear in the uniform part of the tailor, and the other bit is under Belt.

No wonder I didn't see it... it's probably the Yesterday underwear too...

Thanks!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
    edited February 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    So fun, but the mission didn't complete for me... I have no idea why, some people mentioned bugs?
    My first run I had to redo half the mission. The second time, I turned in the mission BEFORE warping out of the Azure Nebula. On the upside you get decent loot fighting the Tholians...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    So fun, but the mission didn't complete for me... I have no idea why, some people mentioned bugs?

Had this bug too where the mission had to redo it from just after the tubes.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really hate having to go through the maze and escape with the Enterprise again and again and again. We're caught up in a (temporal) recursive loop.