test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I loaded the classic bridge one minute before downtime, and wondered why it had the console from Parallels.

Also denies my CMO and XO their seats on the bridge. Captain rides solo!

Didn't have time to explore the interior though. I wonder how many people loaded up their galaxies for the event.
  • kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Come on, guys - let's see if we can get to 100 pages before maintenance is complete! :D

the sad thing is i think we may go over 100
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    Of further delay? Hmm.

... I mean 90% chance that it will be up in 30 minutes.
    Come on, guys - let's see if we can get to 100 pages before maintenance is complete! :D

In 30 min this post growth 30 pages, in 30 more, we should be 110 pages long!!!!
  • magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    Why is exact the double ammount of time required?

I cannot believe the statement: "As tests are still ongoing", how long regression testing etc takes is and was known before and already part of the original two hours maintenance window.

Why no plausible and honest explanation is given I do not understand. Just be honest also If someone messed something up.

No I need to know why, because I am a paying customer.

Absolutely NO ONE, in ANY shape or form cares if you are a paying customer.
    It doesn't make you in any way important, sorry :D
    Joined August 2009
  • monsterofbloodmonsterofblood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yes 100 pages is no problem. Can we go 150?
  • cardall87cardall87 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    and by LAW if you pay them they HAVE to answer you.

That's not a thing.
  • nanonoizexxxnanonoizexxx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    Starfleet engineer tries to access the bridge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9kTVZiJ3Uc

it looks good to me
  • erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Because a customer is a customer and im sorry but despite whatever liberachi method of thinking your using guess what

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

if your going to try and talk **** to someone who strived a god damn point my dear hoof bumping brony friend. At least learn some damn legality prior to putting your 2 cents in?

Awww.... Poor subscriber is throwing a tantrum because they're trying to fix the game. Here, have my big TRIBBLE shoulder to cry on. QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well we are about to get to 1,000 post responses in this thread! Come on guys I know we can do it!
  • georgeorwingeorgeorwin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    @pay = rights guy

As a customer, you have to right to either: Pay, or not pay. You do not have rights that extend beyond the EULA. If you've entered into an agreement to pay over a specific period of time, even your right to not pay may be void.

You do not have the right to know what any specific employee is doing on your behalf.

How's that for legal?
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    Login server will be available when God finishes beta testing the new Season....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkT1-N0VqUc

What does God need with a new season?
  • matias1977matias1977 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yes 100 pages is no problem. Can we go 150?

We can if maintenance last one more hour! Hehehehe
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Like someone earlier pointed out that this is a globally played game, why does maintenance have to be done during prime time for most people worldwide?

Generally most countries are 1 or 2 hours most off each other, with America the only country completely out of time by 8 hours compared to everyone else.

Yet maintenance cant inconvenience the minority of players :/

Well you see, I assume that they actually have employees working on the maintenance, and so they do maintenance at sensible times of the day for the people actually carrying it out...
  • ishapza1ishapza1 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    oh daaaaaamn.... might I recommend "Casshern Sins" then?

Ended up watching Arrow. Now that is a show they should make a MMOPG out of. Now it's just counting down the minutes.........:)
  • tstaubetstaube Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kitsunetears did you read the End User Agreement you click OK on when installing and launching the game? Yeah that means they DON'T answer to you and you can stop your b*tching because it will be up soon enough. Would it be better to correct mistakes fully before doing a half-assed job trying to scramble to fix them over the next couple of days causing headaches for everyone? You might think..."I live in 'Merica, the customer is always right." Well I can tell you NO you are not, so shut it and find something else to do for a couple hours.
    Betazoid Science Officer
    1966 The First Generation
    =/\= Fleet Admiral =/\=
  • darthluna91darthluna91 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wonder wen there gona get off there buts and let me play the dam game its a load of horse **** there an hour and half late heres the fix devs do this **** late at night so ur not TRIBBLE me and every one else out of play time dam it
  • magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Because a customer is a customer and im sorry but despite whatever liberachi method of thinking your using guess what

if your going to try and talk **** to someone who strived a god damn point my dear hoof bumping brony friend. At least learn some damn legality prior to putting your 2 cents in?

No, the customer is always an a$$hole ;)
    Joined August 2009
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There Are Four Lights
    GwaoHAD.png
  • fumaninkfumanink Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare, the internet has proved this is NOT the case...
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013

ROFL!!! This is so full of hilarious.

First off, the customer is seldom right. Anyone who has ever worked any sort of customer service can tell you that.

Secondly, what law says that if you are paying for a subscription they have to give you a detailed technical explanation (which, quite frankly, you probably wouldn't understand anyway) any time there is a service interruption?

Thirdly, perhaps you should take a few minutes, wipe the frothing from your mouth, and read the terms of service. No service guarantees 100% up-time.
  • zippytimezippytime Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Lol the customer is always right, in the real world the customer is often wrong
  • ddoherty1011ddoherty1011 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    THESE SERVERS ARE TAKING FOR EVER, 1 HOUR EXTENSION, 2 HOUR, 3HOURS!!, WILL IT EVER END
    :mad:
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wonder wen there gona get off there buts and let me play the dam game its a load of horse **** there an hour and half late heres the fix devs do this **** late at night so ur not TRIBBLE me and every one else out of play time dam it

Tell us how you really feel. :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What does God need with a new season?

I already said that in response to the link about 3 or 4 pages back lol.
  • lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I'm not sure "liberachi method" is a way of thinking. I prefer to use reason, myself. Your mileage may vary.

No, the customer is not always right. That has never been a truism, only a blunt object used ineffectively and incorrectly. Were the customer always right, every business would be bankrupt.

No, that is inaccurate. There is no law on record, in the state of California, where Cryptic resides, that says they have to answer you simply because you pay them. Also, they did answer you, it's just that you didn't like their answer.

The difference between you and I is that I put my two cents in and didn't receive any change in return.
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Captain's going to Ten Forward, call him when the Center Seat is accessible...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNSnOZc9j3w
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://youtu.be/jVfkYZmXHAg

This is how i feel about this, and ironically that video is by far the funniest dam thing I have ever seen, I do not know why I'm not even a trekie I just wanna play a friggin game! its so funny my gut hurts, I cant think straight and I got tears rollin down...omg my face hurts otoo... I love that part just before the face palm, its like shear greif hopless grief over something trivial that you can't fix.
    then BAM into the palms...then the data look...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ofh I'm starting to laugh again. make it stop!..
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013

And I was getting yelled at earlier for admittedly deleting ships and complaining...lol I'm not HALF the megalomaniac this dude is.

Were you going to give them advice on how to fix it? I am sure they'd appreciate your experience and expertise, since you pay to play their game.

Wait, that means they should custom-make their way of doing things to accomodate you. Bud, it takes them about a week to respond to a bug report...WHEN you can report one.

Don't bother responding to me, I am CERTAIN that a bevy of responses are forthcoming to your statements...lol
  • dragunfyrdragunfyr Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    He's dead, Jim. You get his tricorder, I'll get his wallet.
This discussion has been closed.