test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wonder wen there gona get off there buts and let me play the dam game its a load of horse **** there an hour and half late heres the fix devs do this **** late at night so ur not TRIBBLE me and every one else out of play time dam it

u mad bro?
  • fumaninkfumanink Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    are we there yet?
    They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare, the internet has proved this is NOT the case...
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Set a course for.....FABULOUS!!

Engage
    GwaoHAD.png
  • buzzoutbuzzout Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sirepical wrote: »
    ... I mean 90% chance that it will be up in 30 minutes.

I think that's a bit optimistic my backwards friend. I give it 30% chance it'll be up in 90 minutes.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kimmym wrote: »
    The last time I checked the Brittish Empire colapsed.

There is no more a good reason to use GMT then any other in this day and age. PST is perfect when the servers are located PST.

In this global community we live in now, adjusting to time zones is a fact of life. Holding on to some silly pride in the location you happen to be in is rediculous.

apart from the fact the rest of the world uses GMT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trzeciaktrzeciak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    25 minutes yet :)
  • jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    fumanink wrote: »

Good he picked acting...don't think he'd make it as a song and dance man...
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • matias1977matias1977 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    dragunfyr wrote: »
    He's dead, Jim. You get his tricorder, I'll get his wallet.

Can I get his phaser? Hehe
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://youtu.be/jVfkYZmXHAg

This is how i feel about this, and ironically that video is by far the funniest dam thing I have ever seen, I do not know why I'm not even a trekie I just wanna play a friggin game! its so funny my gut hurts, I cant think straight and I got tears rollin down...omg my face hurts otoo... I love that part just before the face palm, its like shear greif hopless grief over something trivial that you can't fix.
    then BAM into the palms...then the data look...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ofh I'm starting to laugh again. make it stop!..

He who is tired of Data is tired of life.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cardall87 wrote: »
    That's not a thing.

CARDAL, CONGRATS on your first forum post! :) Too bad you will be remembered for responding to this idiot's comment lol
  • cairellacairella Member Posts: 0
    edited January 2013
    Someone needs to talk to Q during the event... see if he can fix all the issues in STO so we won't have a repeat...but maybe even Q won't be able to fix it.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    capnmanx wrote: »
    Your being a paying customer does not give you a need to know.

Why do you need to know if someone messed up? It does not benefit you in any way. You are not responsible for disciplining Cryptic employees.

Why do you need to know what is wrong with the launcher or servers? You are not involved in the maintenance.

The only thing you need to know is that there is a delay in the provision of the service. That is the only information you have a legitimate use for.
    UTC would be a better standard, in my opinion.

I disagree.

And two more maintenance hours (so 4 instead of 2 hours) is enough time to provide some more information then the one statement "were still testing".
    edited January 2013
    buzzout wrote: »
    I think that's a bit optimistic my backwards friend. I give it 30% chance it'll be up in 90 minutes.

60% of the time it works every time...
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, January 31st, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE (1/31 @ 8:54AM): We're going to be extending our maintenance. A new ETA will be provided as soon as one is available. As tests are still ongoing, please check out the red text on the top of the forum.

UPDATE (1/31 @ 10:17AM): The launcher should now be accessible. We'll be completing our maintenance ASAP. We'll update you upon completion. ETA noon PST (1 hour 43 minutes).

Is this mean STO is out til 12 at night ???

Men I love it when things are clean but this is a bad day for a ferengi, financial crisis !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    and why we are all doing this the server is doing one thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWBmaKk32fE
  • cardall87cardall87 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    CARDAL, CONGRATS on your first forum post! Too bad you will be remembered for responding to this idiot's comment lol

Haha, thank you :P

Normally I just lurk and read, but couldn't help myself this time around. :D
  • zale77zale77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tomorrow evening

For hoovergkmmc: It's not tomorrow evening, it's today evening. We live same day here in EU than Americans. Just 8 to 10 hours early.
  • buzzoutbuzzout Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    60% of the time it works every time...

73.6% of all statistics are made up.
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I already said that in response to the link about 3 or 4 pages back lol.

I must have not have seen it. I haven't been everyone's posts. Lets just say that we both said the same thing and that it's a badge of honor alright? How about this:

God: Bring the new season closer.

Kirk: I said what does God need with a new season.

God: *Strikes Kirk down with lightning*

McCoy: You're dead Jim. :D
  • gwynhgwynh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited January 2013
    just open the servers, its not like the game is bug free, we wont even notice a diff >_>
    edited January 2013
    zale77 wrote: »
    For hoovergkmmc: It's not tomorrow evening, it's today evening. We live same day here in EU than Americans. Just 8 to 10 hours early.

ROFL - thanks, but unlike the post I was responding to, I know how to convert time zones (or at least google to find out). But if someone can't be bothered to look for themselves and have to ask someone else to do it, then I can't be bothered to provide an accurate answer :D
  • ztempestztempest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They really need to put Wesley Crusher on this...

Oh Wait! Snap! Do I REALLY want the global internet infected with intelligent nanites that may prove to be hostile?
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    at this rate it is gonna be tomorrow night...
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • thestarranger4thestarranger4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    apart from the fact the rest of the world uses GMT

Incorrect. 99% of the rest of the world live by their local time (zone) Only people who give a putz about it are people who continously interact across multiple timezones such as international corporate communications or military interactions (much the same).
  • shaleendrashaleendra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    One contribution for the 150 pages marathon from France ^^
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It is not a time to worry about SERVERS!!; it is a time to celebrate. For tomorrow we all may die!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is this still the STO forums or YouTube link-a-mania??? :confused:
    Are we there yet?
  • cairellacairella Member Posts: 0
    edited January 2013
    dragunfyr wrote: »
    He's dead, Jim. You get his tricorder, I'll get his wallet.
    just open the servers, its not like the game is bug free, we wont even notice a diff >_>

And you have just earned a free steak dinner. I don't know why but that just made me lol hard.. probably because its the truth lol
  • captpricemancaptpriceman Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I completely agree with you also if there weren't so god damn many npc's walking around Quo'nos they could add a hundred or more players to the instance cap.

My favorite is all the NPCs walking around on your ship. A lot of times I'm trying to jump over them just to get to engineering or any of the other areas of the ship.
This discussion has been closed.