test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    grungepunk5kgrungepunk5k Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just came up with a solution. Pretty sure Perfect World Entertainment is an Asian company right? Have Perfect World Entertainment's Asian locations do this maintenance and update stuff so that while they're doing it during their normal work days it's happening while the people over here are sleeping at 3 in the morning. Then for the Asian countries that play the game you could do the opposite. Have people in America work on their servers so that while you guys are working on their servers during the day here you're doing it during their night when most people over there are sleeping instead of playing. Just a suggestion since obviously coming into work in the middle of the night to do this stuff isn't realistic for you guys.
  • Options
    slick97477slick97477 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

We are still on track to be finished at noon PST. We're going to do one more test in just a few minutes, though, that should not affect our ETA. I'll make a post in here when we'd like you to try the launcher again. Thanks for your patience and understanding -- the data we and our routing vendor are getting has been crucial, so thank you again for all of the help with testing :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That's great to hear your on track for getting it back online for noon as tons of us are dieing to get the new ship. Also i can't help but ask is there any type of compensation perhaps for the trouble, We were told 10 am PST for the event to start but yet we are gonna have to wait at least 2 hours past, and we have done alot of footwork for you guys, so perhaps a tribble something, anything???
    If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
  • Options
    hunterguyver4hunterguyver4 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its 1:38 pm here, I just hope I can squeeze off a STF round befor I go to work at 4:P
    "Richard, I'll give you one word of advice, you shouldn't anger a demigod" - Lord Archanfel, Supreme Zoalord and leader of the Chronos Organization in the series Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor series.
  • Options
    jmacomberjmacomber Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any new news? its 1:40, just wondering....
  • Options
    xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    roflol might i recommend "Being Human"?

Wasn't that the title of a New Frontier novel?

Oh, and it's classy that there is a Calhoun in STO. Never thanked you for that devs, appreciate the nod to the series.
  • Options
    welt1974heinwelt1974hein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i can not log in now what is there ongoing problem
  • Options
    catrimcatrim Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzUX_1jaO_I

Recommendation.... ReRoute through Cleveland.
  • Options
    kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hey xero328 and captainstevonson...add me to your guys friends list if possible
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Launcher, login (and I presume patch) are all working a-okay here. :)
  • Options
    lukeminherexxlukeminherexx Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Okay. On a serious note. I have to say, I am always completely amused by the people who love the game so much, that they cannot wait for it to come up. They are genuinely angry because they cannot play!!!

Then they threaten to stop their subscription.....LOL LOL LOL

:cool: You fool no one! You are already assimilated, you just dont know it!!!
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. -Einstein

• Options
    fumaninkfumanink Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    maybe they use a different server for testing think about that one!
    They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare, the internet has proved this is NOT the case...
  • Options
    danedangerduvaldanedangerduval Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so far seems launcher corect to this newbie

From the netherlands a friendly regards and keep it going ^-^

Dane Duval
  • Options
    tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Riker: Whats the Problem

Devs: I had to shut down the server for maintenance

Riker: Why?

Devs: We had Launcher patch containment Nothing to worry about

Riker: We are on the verge of the 3rd Year Anniversary with no Servers and your not concerned?

Devs: We will have the Servers back online in no time.

Riker: Like you Tracked down that faulty Patch processing accelerator.

Devs: We are running a LV 1 diagnostic

Riker: For 3 Hours It would not take you more than 1. You are incapable of that level of incompetence
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Launcher is and was fine for me.
    edited January 2013
    Our should-be-final test has started -- is anyone seeing any issues with the launcher? If so, please place your tracerts here (info on how to do this here) pointing to launcher.startrekonline.com and accounts.crypticstudios.com.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No launcher problems here from UK
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Warp Speed Now...................................Gentlemen we're waiting............................*Sizzle Sizzle Rumble Pop Groan*..................Lemme guess, you bought the parts from Ferenghi suppliers.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Okay. On a serious note. I have to say, I am always completely amused by the people who love the game so much, that they cannot wait for it to come up. They are genuinely angry because they cannot play!!!

Then they threaten to stop their subscription.....LOL LOL LOL

:cool: You fool no one! You are already assimilated, you just dont know it!!!

LOL! So true. :D

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    LOL!!!

This extended downtime is to make sure the players can't get the 3rd Ann ships by doing the missions/tasks.

1) The plan is to put all versions into the store priced reasonably.

2) The devs are making the ships come apart, let the players search the galaxy for the different pieces.

3) Real answer.........*drum roll*.....Ships??....We were supposed to make new ships??
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I see the problem, they upgraded the door chime on the bridge w/ one of those "retrofit" pieces of equipment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_luEO__8lg
  • Options
    punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    catrim wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzUX_1jaO_I

Recommendation.... ReRoute through Cleveland.
    cause Cleveland rocks?:D
  • Options
    xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tcbys1 wrote: »
    Riker: Whats the Problem

Devs: I had to shut down the server for maintenance

Riker: Why?

Devs: We had Launcher patch containment Nothing to worry about

Riker: We are on the verge of the 3rd Year Anniversary with no Servers and your not concerned?

Devs: We will have the Servers back online in no time.

Riker: Like you Tracked down that faulty Patch processing accelerator.

Devs: We are running a LV 1 diagnostic

Riker: For 3 Hours It would not take you more than 1. You are incapable of that level of incompetence

Riker: Shut UP. As in close your mouth and stop talking!
  • Options
    arcticfoxarcticfox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Launcher is finally up for me and I'm updated, now just waiting for them to dry all of the coffee they spilled in the server...............:D
  • Options
    csgtmyorkcsgtmyork Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Launcher works just fine. Thanks Devs.
    "Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
    Elim Garak
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sirepical wrote: »
    Launcher is and was fine for me.

Miss all the fun earlier? :D

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Our should-be-final test has started -- is anyone seeing any issues with the launcher? If so, please place your tracerts here (info on how to do this here) pointing to launcher.startrekonline.com and accounts.crypticstudios.com.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

All systems are functioning within acceptable parameters, Capitan! ;)

(Ireland)
  • Options
    milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Suggestion: You see the galaxy in the upper-right of the forum?
    >^
    Put the Ent-C there for the duration of the event.
  • Options
    punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Warp Speed Now...................................Gentlemen we're waiting............................*Sizzle Sizzle Rumble Pop Groan*..................Lemme guess, you bought the parts from Ferenghi suppliers.
    You just had to go there...........*checks engine room for missing screws, nuts and bolts"
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No problems here (Ontario, Canada) !
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    reikontenshireikontenshi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'll admit to ******** & moaning about bugs & glitches & 'updates' which make the game more inconvenient in the short term, & I'll admit to doing these complaints in game or on my Fleet's Vent fairly regularly....

...having said that, I know that creating a virtual world the size of STO & making changes to it while it's running must be a real pain the TRIBBLE, & glitches are always bound to happen.

Also, these people create new content 3 or 4 times a year, compared to other games I've played/heard of which don't create new missions anywhere NEAR as frequently.

I know the developers & the designers take a LOT of TRIBBLE from irate players who are frustrated that they have to find something else to do in Meatworld instead of immersing themselves in an imaginary world for a few hours, but I think you guys do great work & deserve a lot of praise as well.

On behalf of all of us players who actually understand that you guys are working your asses off & can't possibly please everybody in the world, I want to thank you guys for all the hard work you do.
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Miss all the fun earlier? :D

Yep, it would seem so.