What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Colorado sits in his quarters helmet off. And leans back in a chair. The mission went well. No one was hurt on the ship. We half way watch's the fnn broadcast and wonders how long till he is deployed there. With the director it was never an absolute what he would want. So he simply sits there listening to the report.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *Preston is sitting by the President on the comm.*

Preston: Have you started refilling your cabinet sir?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Colorado turns off the broadcast. And heads for stellar catograpgy.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *Meanwhile James' treatments of augment blood are not working but causing more pain.*

*Outside that ward the others can hear the screams of pain. Sam can feel them.*
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    *R.S.S. Republic. David is in Command while Sam is undergoing examinations in Sickbay.*

Doctor Michael Andrews (The Medic from earlier): White blood cell count is at normal levels. Pulse... normal. EEG readings normal.

*He turns to a nurse.*

I need a synaptic recorder.

Nurse: Yes Doctor.

*The nurse comes back a minute later and hands a synaptic recorder to Andrews, who places it on Sam's temple.*

Andrews: Alright, it'll take a few hours before I get the results back on your brain patterns.

*Sam gets up and puts her uniform jacket on.*

Until then I'm putting you on medical leave.

*Sam turns to him, visibly annoyed.*

Sam: You're joking.

Andrews: Nope.

Until I know for sure what's been sparking these blackouts, you're a wild card. My first duty is to the safety of the crew, and in matters of medical care... I outrank everyone.

Sam: Fine.

Andrews: My advice Captain; run a holonovel or get some sleep.

Relax, when the results come in you'll be the first one I call.

*Sam walks out. Andrews walks into his office and connects to the Doctor on Preston's ship.*

Andrews to Maybourne, please respond.

*FNN Broadcast.*

Reporter: In the wake of the recent conflicts between the Klingon Military and Starfleet Forces controlled by terrorists, a treaty has been signed by President Santiago and Chancellor Ja'ros personally. The Klingon Empire will exist as a separate entity from the Federation and for the time being there will be no Military Alliance. Like Romulus, Qo'nos stands alone.

The Galaxy finally breaks free of the comm blackout that has existed for the past 2 weeks, and we can now confirm reports that the Republic has weathered its greatest storm to date; maintaining order during a period of interplanetary isolation.

In fact, more independent worlds have expressed an interest in joining the Republic than ever before, due to the Military Security and the lack of prejudice between species.

The Gorn Hegemony and Orion Syndicate have signed Military Alliances with the Klingon Empire just hours after the formalisation of the Empire's secession from the Federation.

In other news, riots continue on Bajor as the Federation Committee on Economics continues to debate over financial aid to the struggling world. The economic crisis on Bajor has existed since the Ez'rak administration, and it's suggested that this is the reason for the Bajoran Federation Council Representative discouraging involvement in the Romulan Civil War.

With civil unrest rising, the Bajoran Militia can be seen in full force above Bajor and in her major cities. So far things have remained under control, but rumours of revolution continue to spread. It is said that President Santiago will announce a new financial plan for Bajor when he visits that sector in 3 weeks time.

The Republic has announced new plans to fully chart the Delta and Gamma Quadrants in a 10 year time frame, while Starfleet's estimates for a full charting of the Alpha Quadrant stretches far beyond that. Many are wondering how this will be accomplished, but most are certain it will involve many treaties, and even more starships to do the job.

*Doct Mayburn answers.*

Mayburn: What is it son?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Colorado soon hears a hologram form near him and the dark figure of the director appears near him.

Director: so I take it your mission was a success.

Colorado: yes sir it was though we have run into complications.

Director: I have received your report and have people look at it now. I am sending you your new assignment. You will head to klingon space to stealthily see how strong they are and speak to a few members of the high council to gain there support.

Colorado: yes sir I will leave shortly.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Colorado soon hears a hologram form near him and the dark figure of the director appears near him.

Director: so I take it your mission was a success.

Colorado: yes sir it was though we have run into complications.

Director: I have received your report and have people look at it now. I am sending you your new assignment. You will head to klingon space to stealthily see how strong they are and speak to a few members of the high council to gain there support.

Colorado: yes sir I will leave shortly.

*Parliment meeting with the president of the Federation on Earth. *

Representative Cormain: Mr. President do you know why we called this meeting?

Rep. Var: Enough of this.. The man will fill his cabinet on his own time and we should not force him.

Cormain: The people of the Quadrant need to see that the Federation are not villains or fools that let criminals run the government. This is for a measure of peace and a statement that we as a government are moving onward. As strong as ever and as just. Drake showed the galaxy that peace is easily killed if not protected.

*Var says nothing.*

Cormain: Then you have no problem Rep. Var shall we continue. Mr. President we want to know who is going to be placed into your cabinet. If you were to behall any accident we do not want another foreign force in charge and running us into destruction.

*Elsewhere, Iconians are speaking with each other and with Sam 2 present. *

Shetal: We feel that we should put aside differences against similar enemies. We shall grant you what you want. We have been taking in the remnants of Drake's men. They were easy to corrupt. But one especially proved that he was already broken.. I believe you know that individual when retreating.

*Gyunei walks up calm seemingly unchanged. *OOC: Want someone to take over Gyunei's character as I intend him to be very unstable character.* *

*Elsewhere in Federation space, work continues on technology as a vessel is being prepped. Also fighters of similar make of the one James used. Also present is data captured from Drakes Faction. All being worked on by Innovades. A member of Species 9042 is present as well in the creation of this vessel.*
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Colorado is walking to the bridge when the director appears again.

Director: we have a situation I want you to address.

Colorado: what is it.

Director: majestic team has gone missing in iconian space. I want.you to find them.

Colorado: I understand sir. I'll bring them home

Director : I know you will you will meet up with agent nova and tex to take a specially designed pelican gunship.

Colorado worry now on his face heads for the hanger where the other two are all ready waiting. He puts on his helmet and grabs his rifle. Pistol already bolstered and they depart. As the y leave the vanish as the cloak turns on.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *On Qo'nos the Klingon High Council is meeting in the first city inside a group of republic dressed gunmen from Echo team storm the gates killing Klingons easily with a mixture of training and newtype ability*

*Once inside the gunmen enter and aim their weapons onto the group infront of them soulless. *

*Phaser fire rips through the room leaving carnage all over the place. As they rig the place with explosives the leader turns to one finishing *

Gunman leader: No brother they expect one of us here.

Gunman: Did we strike the fire?

Leader: The fire is rising friend

Gunman: *with glee and admiration he stays behind.*

*As they are beamed out the building soon explodes*

*Gorn Homeworld*

Jem'pakt: King Caithea I am the Ambassador to your world from the Klingon Empire.

Caithe: Welcome honored Klingon ally come welcome your friend. *As they embrace the Klingon Ambassador soon stabs the King and starts shanking him. Killing him*

Jem'pakt: Let the fire rise.. *The gorn jump on him ripping him apart.*

*A night club in neutral territory Deshi II*

Man: Give me some Pow wow.

Ferengi: How much

Man: kilo

Ferengi: Are you insane?

Man: No who can get me that much?

Ferengi: It will cost you.

Man: *Placing several bars of Latinum in front of him*

Ferengi: *Smiles* Right over there.

Man: Thank you. *He walks over to the group of Orions*

I hear you can hook me up..

Orion leader: I sure could but why do you need so much my sweet.

Man: Oh lets just say I have troubles I wish to forget. *The Orions rise up the Romulan man's eyes glow yellow and he soon causes the room to erupt in gore.*
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *In Federation Territory Republic Commandos take three prisoners sacks covering their faces into a shuttle*

Paulson: Take them in there I wanna have a word with them. Tell the pilot to take off before the Federation finds out.

*As the shuttle speeds off to try and rise*

Paulson: Which one of you is Plaguis

*No one answers*

Who!!

*beats one of them*

*Nothing is said annoyed Paulson shoots him with a phaser*

Anyone else.

Prisoner: Perhaps we are wondering why one would kill us for a simple name?

*Paulson turns and kneels down and takes off the sack, Revealing Gyunei. *

Paulson: You know Plaguis.

Gyunei: I do he is me.

Paulson: What will happen if I touch you?

Gyunei: it will be very painful

Paulson: You look tough

Gyunei: For you.

*Soon the shuttle begins to fall apart and Gyunei rips through his restraints and breaks Paulsons neck.*

Gyunei: *Along with the soldiers on board * Take us out but leave a couple in the wreckage..

*They are beamed out in a stealth vessel and leave as they fly past the crashing immolating Republic frigate. *
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Colorado and his team is fed reports coming in as they happen by freelance agents thY where at the scenes. And killed in the carnage.

Director : as you can assume we need to find out who.is behind all this. Your mission has changed again.

Colorado. : we will find them sir.

The pelican changes course.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *Iconians watch as the fire rises*

Vepreda: I know they are on to them. But they are doing their job well. That artificial newtype is doing quite well in his job. Should block their way immediately we want this discord to continue.

*Director is informed of a report of who has done it.*

Agent: It appears Drake did more damage than we thought. This could have been his plan in case of his death. It is certainly looking like that. *withdraws a pistol and shoots the director repeatedly* We don't want the fire to be extinguished. *with a press of a detonator HQ soon explodes.*
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *OOC: Wanna go and take this arc into its dark stage every side is wanting to take each other apart, and SHIELD is unable to keep up.*

*DS61 Republic space.*

*Maintence men are repairing conduits *

Man 1: You see I tell her that she is insane if she thinks I am going to let her bring a Siamese cat into the quarters.

Man 2: *laughs* And what did she say to that?

Man 1: She punched me

Man 2: You like fighting her huh?

Man 1: I like how she fights good lovin.

Man 2: You both are crazy.

*With a quiet pop the second man falls dead as the first man sets something on the station.*

Man 1: *hand on ear piece* It is done. Security is down.

*Soon chaos erupts as gunmen raid all of the trade stations and the crew helps as Republic officials are taken and beaten by the people. The Security station explode and the moniters and electrical systems overload causing significant damage to the station and disabling the final solution measure.*

*Soon the taken ships leave and go to warp.*

*Republic Ship yards R and D*

Scientist: Take it to 120. We need this phaser to crack that AT shielding..

*The phaser output rises but the AT shielding holds with no fluctuating.*

Scientist: Damn... Why isn't it working? These phasers are supposed to break through all known shields including this.

Scientist 2: Maybe it is not energy but a fire.

Scientist: What?

Scientist: *As janitors and other researchers begin to die or kill their colleagues.* What??

Scientist: The fire is rising my friend.. It needs sacrifice. *shoots his colleague with a experimental weapon.* Your projects are gratefully accepted for a better world. Scrap this place and destroy all copies of the research.

*Federation space. Mars Shipyards soon explode and Alpha Centurai station soon start seeing explosions in many areas.*
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Colorado: we are on our own now. We don't trust anyone till we figure this out.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *James' condition has been slowed enough for him to be out Sickbay. He appearance however is different now. He looks more like an old man than a man barely in his thirties. *

Preston: James... Are you ok?

James: I am fine for now.. The cocktail is keeping the virus in control..for now.. I know why I am having a set of eyes on me right now. Where is Sam?

Preston: She left.. James... She is having problems herself but things right now make it difficult to see her. There are attacks linking us to them. The same for everyone else. all implicating each other. Right now tensions are high and the Republic has been practicing their war drills. SHIELD was disabled by a terrorist explosion.

James: *grim his hair no longer black but grey*
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Colorado soon sits back in his chair.

Tex: bow what we are cut off the direct is dead. Freelancer is in shambles shield is more or less gone. What are going to do.

Nova: I can't believe they where inside.

Colorado: don't worry we will come up with something. Go over everything that was in the message from the director again. He had to have had something hidden in there. I know him well enough to know he did. Until then we stay cloaked and stay put.

He walks to the back of the gunship checking there supplies. And knows all to well they can't stay here forever. Fuel isn't a concern its food and water. He let's his mind wander a moment and what happened to the director and there hq. It wasn't an easy place to get in let alone find. The man he looked up to. They all looked up to was gone. Now it was on him to protect his team and find out what happened.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *On Qo'nos the Klingon High Council is meeting in the first city inside a group of republic dressed gunmen from Echo team storm the gates killing Klingons easily with a mixture of training and newtype ability*

*Once inside the gunmen enter and aim their weapons onto the group infront of them soulless. *

*Phaser fire rips through the room leaving carnage all over the place. As they rig the place with explosives the leader turns to one finishing *

Gunman leader: No brother they expect one of us here.

Gunman: Did we strike the fire?

Leader: The fire is rising friend

Gunman: *with glee and admiration he stays behind.*

*As they are beamed out the building soon explodes*

*Gorn Homeworld*

Jem'pakt: King Caithea I am the Ambassador to your world from the Klingon Empire.

Caithe: Welcome honored Klingon ally come welcome your friend. *As they embrace the Klingon Ambassador soon stabs the King and starts shanking him. Killing him*

Jem'pakt: Let the fire rise.. *The gorn jump on him ripping him apart.*

*A night club in neutral territory Deshi II*

Man: Give me some Pow wow.

Ferengi: How much

Man: kilo

Ferengi: Are you insane?

Man: No who can get me that much?

Ferengi: It will cost you.

Man: *Placing several bars of Latinum in front of him*

Ferengi: *Smiles* Right over there.

Man: Thank you. *He walks over to the group of Orions*

I hear you can hook me up..

Orion leader: I sure could but why do you need so much my sweet.

Man: Oh lets just say I have troubles I wish to forget. *The Orions rise up the Romulan man's eyes glow yellow and he soon causes the room to erupt in gore.*

OOC: What's the next step of your master plan?

Bane: Crashing this plane...

With no survivors!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *The Republic is back in Republic Space and is greeted by the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Fleets.*

Admiral Ramez: Ramez to Republic, form up with Strike Group 3. Maintain Yellow Alert until further notice.

*David looks at the Bridge crew, curious and concerned, before looking back to the viewscreen.*

David: Yes sir. What's going on?

Ramez: All Republic Military units are being mobilised, Commander. Reports indicate a Republic Intel Strike Team assassinated half the Klingon High Council.

David: I'm assuming we didn't.

Ramez: The Republic wants peace with everyone else, we don't assassinate governmental leaders.

David: Let me guess. The Klingons don't buy it?

Ramez: They're not declaring war yet. The Klingon-assigned Ambassador to Gorn murdered King Caithea II.

David: They're denying involvement, I take it?

Ramez: You guessed it, but the remaining High Council Members are calling for war in retribution for the attack on the Great Hall.

David: Over a century of peace, and it comes to this.

Ramez: All Republic Military Forces are at a heightened state of alert. Intel indicates the Klingons are doing the same.

S.H.I.E.L.D.'s been disabled by a terrorist attack, leaving the Quadrant open to border skirmishes and--

David: So what do we do?

Ramez: The only thing we can do right now: wait, and pray the Klingons see reason.

*Federation Parliament Building. Santiago is communicating with the Council over a holo-comm.*

Santiago: Gentlemen, the cabinet will comprise of the list I'm now transmitting to you.

*The Council receives a list of fully respectable Federation Citizens.*

Now, I suggest we focus our efforts in keeping total war from breaking out. We will mediate talks between the Klingon Empire and Gorn Hegemony, as well as talks between the Empire and the Republic. We can't afford another full-scale war right now.

I'm almost to the Bajoran Sector. After I have made my announcement on the Bajoran Economic Crisis, we will speak again. Gentlemen.

*Santiago turns off the comm channel.*
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *The Republic is back in Republic Space and is greeted by the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Fleets.*

Admiral Ramez: Ramez to Republic, form up with Strike Group 3. Maintain Yellow Alert until further notice.

*David looks at the Bridge crew, curious and concerned, before looking back to the viewscreen.*

David: Yes sir. What's going on?

Ramez: All Republic Military units are being mobilised, Commander. Reports indicate a Republic Intel Strike Team assassinated half the Klingon High Council.

David: I'm assuming we didn't.

Ramez: The Republic wants peace with everyone else, we don't assassinate governmental leaders.

David: Let me guess. The Klingons don't buy it?

Ramez: They're not declaring war yet. The Klingon-assigned Ambassador to Gorn murdered King Caithea II.

David: They're denying involvement, I take it?

Ramez: You guessed it, but the remaining High Council Members are calling for war in retribution for the attack on the Great Hall.

David: Over a century of peace, and it comes to this.

Ramez: All Republic Military Forces are at a heightened state of alert. Intel indicates the Klingons are doing the same.

S.H.I.E.L.D.'s been disabled by a terrorist attack, leaving the Quadrant open to border skirmishes and--

David: So what do we do?

Ramez: The only thing we can do right now: wait, and pray the Klingons see reason.

*Federation Parliament Building. Santiago is communicating with the Council over a holo-comm.*

Santiago: Gentlemen, the cabinet will comprise of the list I'm now transmitting to you.

*The Council receives a list of fully respectable Federation Citizens.*

Now, I suggest we focus our efforts in keeping total war from breaking out. We will mediate talks between the Klingon Empire and Gorn Hegemony, as well as talks between the Empire and the Republic. We can't afford another full-scale war right now.

I'm almost to the Bajoran Sector. After I have made my announcement on the Bajoran Economic Crisis, we will speak again. Gentlemen.

*Santiago turns off the comm channel.*

Rep. Var: Most of these Citizens have no experience in the government. We need experience in times like this. I recommend Admiral Preston as your Vice President, merely as his experience in situations like this are superb, not to mention he his quite loved by the people. I would say think about this further Mr. President...

*OOC: No Preston is not involved with what is going on, but there is reasoning because I think it is time for his role to expand.*
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Charet: *Runs to Admiral Ramirez, Who is sitting behind a desk. with a message in hand*

Sir. A message from the Federation President. He is still going to Bajor, and another message that the Federation Council forced Admiral Preston as VP in a special election. They appear to be worried about something.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Colorado is walking Found the space statiowhere they landedsimply looking around at all that goes on. While he decides his next move .
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Rep. Var: Most of these Citizens have no experience in the government. We need experience in times like this. I recommend Admiral Preston as your Vice President, merely as his experience in situations like this are superb, not to mention he his quite loved by the people. I would say think about this further Mr. President...

*OOC: No Preston is not involved with what is going on, but there is reasoning because I think it is time for his role to expand.*

*Santiago looks hard at Representative Var.*

Santiago: Representative Var, we are trying to lower tensions, not escalate them. Preston is a fine soldier, but that's what he is: a soldier. If I were to give him the Vice Presidency, the public might fear that we are becoming a military dictatorship, to say nothing of the other Galactic Powers. Eenar Taraan was the leader of Talan IX less than ten years ago - he is more than qualified for the position.

John Prescott is also the finest economic mind in the Federation. He's negotiated trade agreements with the Ferengi Alliance with more success than anyone else. To pass him over for the seat of Financial Advisor would be foolish, given our current economic situation.

Ambassador K'dak is the best choice for Foreign Advisor. He holds citizenship in the Federation, Klingon Empire, and Republic of United Star Systems. He has more than 10 years of diplomatic experience.

As for Military Advisor, with Admiral Allen as he is, he is the logical choice. If the man has only 5 years left, I say let him spend them at home rather than keep him away from it. He'll get better medical treatment here also.

As for the other positions gentlemen, I will hear your suggestions after I make my speech on Bajor. We're entering orbit now.

*Santiago closes the channel.*

*Shakaar City, Bajor. As Starfleet One enters orbit, the President and a full security detail beam down. Recorders activate and the crowd watches eagerly. The Bajoran Militia is in full force here today. Security Officers dot the crowds and the grey uniforms of Soldiers form massively long lines between the crowds and the podium. The President steps up to the podium as the speech is broadcast over the entire Federation.*

Santiago: People of Bajor, I come in peace.

So if you could just stop pointing those pitchforks at me...

*A small level of laughter erupts from the crowds.*

Sorry, sorry... It's a terrible joke.

The level of violence on Bajor has become problematic. The Federation Council and Bajoran Provisional Government has asked me to authorise any means necessary to end this violence, isn't that right First Minister?

First Minister: Yes. Any means necessary.

*The crowd begins murmuring, confused.*

Santiago: Do I have your full support on this?

First Minister: And my entire Government's.

Santiago: then I choose the following means to end the violence:

1) I am subtracting 20% of the Federation's Military budget to help rebuild Bajor's economy, and improve her financial infrastructure.

*The crowd starts cheering.*

Two...

*The crowd continues cheering.*

Two!

*The crowd settles down.*

I will grant amnesty for any Bajoran Citizen involved in the riots if they have committed no other crimes. General?

*General Kyak Daraal steps up to the podium.*

Kyak: My people are willing to call it a fair fight if you are.

*Santiago retakes his place.*

Santiago: And finally, I am officially placing Deep Space Nine under the control of the Bajoran Provisional Government, to further aid in her economic recovery.

The treaty's ready and waiting.

*He holds up a PADD so the recorders can see it before placing his thumb on it and handing it to the First Minister, who also places his thumb on it. Santiago places the PADD on the podium and the First Minister walks up beside him. The two shake hands as the crowd erupts in cheering.*

*2 hours later. Santiago is back aboard Starfleet One, now headed for Cardassia Prime. Santiago enters his quarters with his aide.*

Santiago: S'pel, remind me to avoid making another official visit to Bajor during the Peldor Joi Festival. It's so hard to pull myself away to continue my tour when it's happening.

S'pel: Of course Mr President. The Federation Council is waiting for you.

Santiago: No doubt about to give me an earful for the Bajoran Speech. Alright, thank you. That is all.

*S'pel leaves and Santiago opens the channel to the Federation Council.*

Santiago: Gentlemen.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Colorado is walking Found the space statiowhere they landedsimply looking around at all that goes on. While he decides his next move .

*A man wearing a hood over his face walks up behind Colorado's party. Colorado looks behind him and sees the man... and a phaser pistol at his side.*
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *A man wearing a hood over his face walks up behind Colorado's party. Colorado looks behind him and sees the man... and a phaser pistol at his side.*

Colorado let's his hand rest on his pistol.

Colorado : what do you want.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Colorado let's his hand rest on his pistol.

Colorado : what do you want.

Man: Agent Colorado?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *Santiago looks hard at Representative Var.*

Santiago: Representative Var, we are trying to lower tensions, not escalate them. Preston is a fine soldier, but that's what he is: a soldier. If I were to give him the Vice Presidency, the public might fear that we are becoming a military dictatorship, to say nothing of the other Galactic Powers. Eenar Taraan was the leader of Talan IX less than ten years ago - he is more than qualified for the position.

John Prescott is also the finest economic mind in the Federation. He's negotiated trade agreements with the Ferengi Alliance with more success than anyone else. To pass him over for the seat of Financial Advisor would be foolish, given our current economic situation.

Ambassador K'dak is the best choice for Foreign Advisor. He holds citizenship in the Federation, Klingon Empire, and Republic of United Star Systems. He has more than 10 years of diplomatic experience.

As for Military Advisor, with Admiral Allen as he is, he is the logical choice. If the man has only 5 years left, I say let him spend them at home rather than keep him away from it. He'll get better medical treatment here also.

As for the other positions gentlemen, I will hear your suggestions after I make my speech on Bajor. We're entering orbit now.

*Santiago closes the channel.*

*Shakaar City, Bajor. As Starfleet One enters orbit, the President and a full security detail beam down. Recorders activate and the crowd watches eagerly. The Bajoran Militia is in full force here today. Security Officers dot the crowds and the grey uniforms of Soldiers form massively long lines between the crowds and the podium. The President steps up to the podium as the speech is broadcast over the entire Federation.*

Santiago: People of Bajor, I come in peace.

So if you could just stop pointing those pitchforks at me...

*A small level of laughter erupts from the crowds.*

Sorry, sorry... It's a terrible joke.

The level of violence on Bajor has become problematic. The Federation Council and Bajoran Provisional Government has asked me to authorise any means necessary to end this violence, isn't that right First Minister?

First Minister: Yes. Any means necessary.

*The crowd begins murmuring, confused.*

Santiago: Do I have your full support on this?

First Minister: And my entire Government's.

Santiago: then I choose the following means to end the violence:

1) I am subtracting 20% of the Federation's Military budget to help rebuild Bajor's economy, and improve her financial infrastructure.

*The crowd starts cheering.*

Two...

*The crowd continues cheering.*

Two!

*The crowd settles down.*

I will grant amnesty for any Bajoran Citizen involved in the riots if they have committed no other crimes. General?

*General Kyak Daraal steps up to the podium.*

Kyak: My people are willing to call it a fair fight if you are.

*Santiago retakes his place.*

Santiago: And finally, I am officially placing Deep Space Nine under the control of the Bajoran Provisional Government, to further aid in her economic recovery.

The treaty's ready and waiting.

*He holds up a PADD so the recorders can see it before placing his thumb on it and handing it to the First Minister, who also places his thumb on it. Santiago places the PADD on the podium and the First Minister walks up beside him. The two shake hands as the crowd erupts in cheering.*

*2 hours later. Santiago is back aboard Starfleet One, now headed for Cardassia Prime. Santiago enters his quarters with his aide.*

Santiago: S'pel, remind me to avoid making another official visit to Bajor during the Peldor Joi Festival. It's so hard to pull myself away to continue my tour when it's happening.

S'pel: Of course Mr President. The Federation Council is waiting for you.

Santiago: No doubt about to give me an earful for the Bajoran Speech. Alright, thank you. That is all.

*S'pel leaves and Santiago opens the channel to the Federation Council.*

Santiago: Gentlemen.

Var: A dictatorship is not what he represents. That is merely a position the man is talented. Admiral Allen from what I hear from reports does not wish to spend them at home, sickly. Preston agrees.

Corina: Enear Taraan has had 10 years leading a planet, but alas in a military position he has none. I find him only as effectual as Ez'rak was. Preston kept the summit from splitting up in an uproar. *shows that the people cheering in his small scale speeches about change and growth.*

The man is charismatic.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *Elsewhere in Iconian space a large construction project continues, Gyunei is watching with calm eyes. The superstructure is vast but a ring with multiple levels and rings. *

Gyunei: Magnificent.. So magnificent. *The rings are glowing blue and resonating vast peace.*

*Elsewhere Allen is speaking with the President about his appointment*

James: I am sorry sir. I know that this appointment is because of my condition. I won't take that position. I don't wish to be treated like a fragile piece of glass.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Var: A dictatorship is not what he represents. That is merely a position the man is talented. Admiral Allen from what I hear from reports does not wish to spend them at home, sickly. Preston agrees.

Corina: Enear Taraan has had 10 years leading a planet, but alas in a military position he has none. I find him only as effectual as Ez'rak was. Preston kept the summit from splitting up in an uproar. *shows that the people cheering in his small scale speeches about change and growth.*

The man is charismatic.

Santiago: Gentlemen, Section 12 of the Federation Charter specifically prevents Military Personnel from holding the position of President or Vice President.

And I remind the Council of the Leyton Gambit.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Santiago: Gentlemen, Section 12 of the Federation Charter specifically prevents Military Personnel from holding the position of President or Vice President.

And I remind the Council of the Leyton Gambit.

Var: We may remind you that if asked he would give up his position of Admiral, that is the law given by the extension. He may know about the military but he is a peace loving man like yourself and wishes change instead of keeping the tired status quo.

Plus he did manage to bring the Klingons back into the fold before a suspicious oversight on your part that caused the pretext of the situation here. undermanned the security department to prevent Preston from doing his job. I suspect that you are afraid of the man.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Man: Agent Colorado?

Colorado : yes what do you want ?