test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: January 2013 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• Options
    drkaczsdrkaczs Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Quick follow up questions. Can they player base get a chance to create the next alien race for a future FE kind of like design the next enterprise contest. Can you add in the fleet museum it would be a great social zone and would help fill up a sol system map. Also any chance if you redesign Starfleet acadamy and make it like the new romulus zone could you add in starfleet command HQ since its just across fhe golden gate bridge?
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2013
    Hi Dan,

Any plans to sell Alien parts that we can use for our non Alien characters?
    Like pointed ears, different tails, long nailed hands, chrome eyes and so on.
    You could call it the Disguise Pack or so.
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    can you provide use with more information about the starbase 24 and gorn minefield 's rating system? and will be any improvements so that we may see the top and how we earned our place there?
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can we now get an interface between our in-game fleet information and our guild sites? Like our bank, calendar, player information and even Starbase progression.
  • Options
    captmack001captmack001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1.Ships Ships Ships Ships

My question When are we going to get more ground Weapons

2. Andoria has been a waste of space since the game launched why cant you place a simple pvp racing game like the one in the winter event and make it a daily..
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I love building themed Characters, meaning they get a specially tailored boff and doff crew, uniforms and a ship that fits their background. Now you mentioned that the next lockbox is going to the "The Dominion", which i can't wait to arrive as one of my more recent characters is a Vorta.

Can you give us a bit of a spoiler or teaser what is going to be in it (either in the box or the Lobi-store)? I know you probably don't to want to reveal any ships yet, but anything you could share (e.g. uniforms, Doffs, doff-packs, weapons, Boffs etc...) would be greatly appreciated. :)
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    when do u think we'll see some ship/class/boff balancing
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    what do u have planned for the future of STO?
  • Options
    wesleycrasherwesleycrasher Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. When will we see the much anticipated re-trait token in the c-store?
    2. When will we see the release of Children of Khan, the STF announced roughly 3 years ago.
    3. Will we ever see the First Officer updates Heretic mentioned roughly 1 year ago here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3947239&postcount=11
    All the toys you can't afford.
  • Options
    kishi0690kishi0690 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    May we have Cropped Jackets for Males?

May we also have Open Jackets without undershirts for Males?

............ why?
  • Options
    roboticzebraroboticzebra Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When will the "limited" ships get a complete bridge? Because inly having one room is very boring compared to be able to explore the FED and KDF ships. Also is there any talk of adding more cosmetic options to the ships to give a individual look?
  • Options
    larsh1larsh1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will there be anything to make use of our ships in Spacedock? I have a whole fleet of unused craft now since I only play with a select 3.

I would enjoy being able to send these ships on doff missions, or have them as extra help on missions.
  • Options
    drxylordtaodrxylordtao Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. What are the chances of a Bootcamp for the STFs?

2. You mentioned that there will be new ships coming soon. How many are fleets ships and how many are for the rest of us?

3. When can we see tails in the alien gen?
  • Options
    zenthian01zenthian01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know if this has been proposed before, so what do you think of this? I was thinking of a way to help you and your team with all the people who want new, and more ships. Is there anyway that we can introduce a upgrade system to existing ship? (Ex. upgrade console slots,bridge seating, stats exc.) This would increase the number of usable ship models at high level for all players, factions. It would add new customization options to personalize ships for each player, and bring new options for upgrade items to be introduced into the zen store, dil store, and ec stores. It would remove all the obsolete ships from the system, and would make creation of new ones easier seeing you would just have to create base starting stats for the ships and let the variation of parts and upgrades do the rest of the work for you. Its just a idea, thanks for the hard work, and your consideration.

Kane
    Leader
    House of Duras
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What do you have to say about long time persisting in-game bugs that are well known and reported numerous times, yet still not being fixed? Just one good example includes the inability to change the looks of KDF Marauding Bridge Officer, which has been reported nearly a year ago. What are your priorities in that regard? Are such things ever going to be fixed, and not just "soon(tm)"?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Hello Dan Stahl

I love what you did with season 8 and the rep system

now i have 3 question of my own and 1 selected among dosens of fleet members from the fleet im in

1: what are the plans for 10/25 man Normal/Elite STFs?

2: any chance we get to explore the base on the moon of Earth?

3: Any chance we see the removal of FXAA and get the more efficient and less performance costing SMAA

now the fleet Question

is there any change that a bug that cause enemy's (during fleet mark event) to get our Operational Asset buff will get fixed?
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    cratchmastercratchmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    With this season, players now require far more resources to contribute to their reputation system, embassy projects, and fleet projects. As a result, many players have noticed a trend of some players going AFK during PvE bouts, presumably to simply claim the reward at the end without having to do the work to earn it. Are there any plans in the works to correct this so that the players that DO play the matches don't become discouraged?

I for one used to play STFs all day long. Now I have completely stopped doing ANY PvE and instead earn my marks by doing Defera and New Romulus missions. The AFK problem just got too much for me to bear any longer. I'd love to go back and play some more, so I'd really like to hear if there are any plans to address this! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    timjerromtimjerrom Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Been pondering this one all day Star Trek once had the line (Space the final frontier & and explore new galaxies, new life, to boldly go where no man "one" has gone before...) now in Star Trek Online there are loadsa missions & episodes and you get people who complain everytime a new patch comes out, ok but think you devs are not getting the concept of what makes Star Trek.

Now im personaly not a fan of flying round a box where you just get the same old missions over and over again of having to scan 5 anomolies and warp out, blow 5 sets of hostile vessels up, beam to a station/planet kill 5 sets of hostiles. Its not Trek! Where are the ailens that you talk too to sort the situation out or just the ailens that you don't have to kill full stop? Also where is the exploration to seek out new life and to boldly go where no one has gone before...

End of rant. Tim.
  • Options
    emperorwayne1emperorwayne1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. Will the orientations of ships when they switch between sectors ever be fixed? I personally don't like having to turn 90 degrees before getting a move on.

2. Will the launch tie-in items ever be released (TR-116 and the like?). I know I'm not the only one who wants a follow up on this.
    If its working in the players favour - "This isn't working as intended. We're going to remove this from the game. You're not playing as we intended."
    If its working in the games favour - "We have too much on our plate to fix this/Working as intended."
  • Options
    sirrichardbuttsirrichardbutt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is the future of Gold Pressed Latinum?

Possibly related, but what groups will be added to the Reputation System? The Daystrom Institute? Cardassian? Ferengi? Dominion?
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    many rumors, and little infor on season 8..can the KDF playewrs finally look forward to seeing brand new oplayers start as KDF with a tutorial, and mission content to level 20-25?

Best way to make money off of KDF players is to increase the number of KDF players.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kishi0690 wrote: »
    ............ why?

...Why not? I would like my Male toon to be able to wear a cropped jacket, what other justification does that need?
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Could some of the lesser seen (or useful) c-store consoles recieve a mini-buff depending on the usefullness of the console in question?

E.g. When was the last time you ever saw the 'ionized gas sensor' or either 'tachyon detection' abilities?
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    veldrane2kveldrane2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will the Crafting update only affect the Crafting system or are items in general being looked at as well? It seems that aside from a few very specific item, equipment does not seem as worthwhile.

Are there any plans for a space adventure zone like New Romulus? I personally perfer space combat and nothing new has been added for a while.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kishi0690 wrote: »
    ............ why?

gender equality.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Could some of the lesser seen (or useful) c-store consoles recieve a mini-buff depending on the usefullness of the console in question?

E.g. When was the last time you ever saw the 'ionized gas sensor' or either 'tachyon detection' abilities?

The Federation NPCs use those all the time, but that's probably not what you meant.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    maxdredmaxdred Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will the ESD interior get another revamp?

Will there be further improvements to ground combat?

What can we expect from the UI overhaul?
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    What do you have to say about long time persisting in-game bugs that are well known and reported numerous times, yet still not being fixed? Just one good example includes the inability to change the looks of KDF Marauding Bridge Officer, which has been reported nearly a year ago. What are your priorities in that regard? Are such things ever going to be fixed, and not just "soon(tm)"?

This is not a bug and working as intended. These boffs are intended to be exchange officers. They are supposed to wear their own faction's uniforms, just like the diplomacy boffs. Canon supports this.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What changes to the overall game's UI will we see in the near future? Will they be fully implemented or will it be more customizable? (I've seen art someplace [I think it might have been Zero Bang's gallery] of a UI that is much more appealing to the eye than the current one.)

What changes to exploration and diplomacy will we see during the upcoming months and Season 8?

Will the Neverwinter foundry tech be making its way to STO, and if so, when will we be able to use it? What other things will be added or, *gulp*... subtracted from the foundry's toolset?

Will an endless parade of progressively more boring grindfest reputation systems be the future of STO? (I know you won't answer that, but I would like it better if you focused more on exploration.)

Will we see Romulan STF's to serve as a legitimate source of Romulan Marks? The current dailies still make the Romulan reputation system seem hopelessly sluggish compared to the Omega one.

(P.S. - Don't get me wrong, I actually quite enjoy the reputation systems. I think that they are way overpriced, especially the Romulan one, and they take to long, but I also feel like I am really earning the stuff I get. I also feel like too many reputation systems may turn into a sticky, slowly oozing paste of <insert species name here> Marks. I can barely keep up with two reputation systems.)
    2iBFtmg.png
  • Options
    cyconianlordcyconianlord Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any chance we can get an option we can turn on or off to allow projects and assignments to pull commodities and such from our account bank
This discussion has been closed.