test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic has put back Dilthium to the "Fleet Action (Daily)" (Updated!)

13»

Comments

• velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    At first I was like "Awww, that sucks". Then I remembered that yesterday was the first day I played either Klingon Scout Force or The Big Dig with the daily active. I didn't even know they gave dilithium before that.

So... an extra 50 fleet marks? Fine by me, even if we lose the dilithium. It only takes what, 3 runs of a space to get over 1440? You can do that in about the same amount of time as it'll take to do Officer Reports now.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    More Dilithium is coming - you should go read the announcement I just posted here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=457021

2 Points:

1. This has little value as every time you add dilithium, you simultaneously remove some, so the net gain is still about zero for us, but much more for you as you get to manage our our gameplay and "corral" us into where you want us to be. More "Playing as Intended".

Look - taking Dil from some events and adding them to other parts of gameplay isn't going to be the bandaid that makes people play what you want. Give us fair, reasonable and interesting games, and we will play it. Star Trek Online players are quite sensitive to Grind.

2. The Big Dig (Romulan Temple): Trading 1440 Dil for 50 Fleet Marks is not an even trade - not by a LONG shot, particularly when I can play a 10 minute or less match of Colony Invasion for half of that, or almost all of that during the bonus hour. That is to say Giving 50 Fleet marks is a TRIBBLE time-to-payout for the daily on that mission, as it takes so damn long. Why not split the difference? Make it 720 Dil and 25 Fleet marks?
    Why not make it "Romulan Marks" since well, we are fighting - wait for it - ROMULANS?!?!?!?!?!?!

In conclusion, you don't need to close a dilithium spigot eveytime you open a new one. ANd Romulan temple is worth more than 50 FM and should be Romulan Marks instead....
  • echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I see this as a positive change. It doesn't address the economic issues of Season Seven, but it does add more fleet marks to the game.

This mission was never widely completed in Season Six anyway, so it is difficult to suggest this is a major system change related to the economy.
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    So it looks like the Fleet Action dailies are now going to reward 50 fleet marks instead of 1440 Dilithium, at least if the build on Tribble goes live.

Frankly this sucks. I was fairly defensive of Season 7, but this probably shifts the balance between me participating in the Dilithium economy and not. It just won't be worth it...

There comes a point where the shortness of Dilithium just stops people from caring about it; rather than increasing it's value, it cheapens it. :(

Yo man, I heard you like to earn dilithium while you earn your dilithium ...

Frankly, having a wrapper give dil for missions that now give dil was redundant. Sure, it's a bummer whenever you get less dilithium, but having your entire interest in the economy hinging on the in-game equivalent of a tax loophole? That's like a CEO saying that he'll probably give up working altogether if he doesn't get his Christmas bonus on top of his performance bonus.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • joker8mejoker8me Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    At the rate PWE/Cryptic is nerfing dilithium on Federation missions it will be a wonder if anybody is going to be left playing them if it keeps up.

In the meantime, I'll just keep plugging away with my KDF tactical alts- Academy (480) + Pi Canis (4320) + We Need Breathing Room (1440) + STF (960) + STF (960) = 8160 in approx 45 minutes.

As of now, my 3 Federation toons are strictly for gathering the minimum amount of Romulan Marks, Omega Marks and Neural Processors required to finish the reputation system in addition to turning in all the contraband my KDF toons rake in.
  • recksracerrecksracer Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sorry whats that ? i cant hear you from Auraxis having too much fun and blowing **** up to give a rats TRIBBLE about those money grabbing theiving TRIBBLE at cryptic/pwe. Seriously everyone should get out whilst they can with their sanity and healthy bank accounts in tact. Put an end to the robbery and find a fun mmo. Why punish yourselves anymore ?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Morons like this crack me up like no other...

He comes to the STO forum to claim that he doesn't care about this game and that another game is great...

If you don't care about STO why even visit the forum. let alone post here? Especially when there is some uber game that you love so much.

You can which games a normal person has no interest in by the fact that they don't keep up with game changes or post in the game's forums.
  • doughboy2doughboy2 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    recksracer wrote: »
    Morons like this crack me up like no other...

He comes to the STO forum to claim that he doesn't care about this game and that another game is great...

If you don't care about STO why even visit the forum. let alone post here? Especially when there is some uber game that you love so much.

You can which games a normal person has no interest in by the fact that they don't keep up with game changes or post in the game's forums.

I am 50/50 on this. I agree haters post are a waist but this is the place to voice. This started on DIL. I don't see value of reducing the ability to earn DIL on daily or any other arrea. If they want to better control DIL they should reduce the conversion amount. Why remove rewards for playing? Just reduce how fast you can convert.

Fleet issue from this string - I have toons in three different fleets- all are at approx the same point Tier 4. As with most things % of persons involved are very active. This is how it is in all games. I have not real issue since many of the tier updates get you things that are already at other locations like mail, exchange, ect. I see the biggest issue with fleets is management. The items like Fleet ships and weapons are controled by solected few. In one of the fleet I am in I have two toons (was more). one is at over 1 million and other is over 350K. Both have to ask permision to buy a fleet ship or weapon. Why grid if you can't access the goodies.
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok, since the new season I've been trying to adapt to the new system. At first I was baffled as to how I was going to make my dil. The real problem lied in I couldn't get my dil and have enough time left in the day to participate in everything else.

It took me a few days but once I got used to the new system I was capping my dil easily enough. That left me with some time to do other things. I still don't have enough time to do anything in the new Romulan zone and run fleet mark events at the same time. I have a lot of playtime available to me as well, so if I'm running out of time in the day to do these things then I can imagine what other people must feel.

Changing the dailies to fleet marks will actually help me. Yes, its a little less dil, but I will get marks as well. That means after gathering my dil I can focus on the new Romulan content. A good change.

The dil is out there, its just a bit scattered now. Hopefully when we get the foundry daily back things will get even easier. If I could catch the mining event once in a while it might help, as well :p
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • dunmovyndunmovyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Okay, did anyone see that you can do officer reports for 960 dil AND 50 fleet marks? That it has a cooldown of 30 minutes, AND that it's something you can do that's different and not so much a grind?

Really? Seriously?

I say THANK YOU CRYPTIC!!!!

GOOD JOB. !!!!!!!!
  • surek2surek2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    chalpen wrote: »
    i hear that in the next tribble patch they are actually taking away 50 dilithium per match.
    So it costs 50 dilithium just to enter the queue.

Since dilithium rewards have been reduced or eliminated for many missions why doesnt PW reduce the excessive amounts of dilithium requirements for building of starbases. I mean 200,000 dilithium for upgrades and additions to star bases has all but killed and destroyed the development and builing of star bases.