test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic has put back Dilthium to the "Fleet Action (Daily)" (Updated!)

Comments

• izdubar6izdubar6 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tali9999 wrote: »
    I think Cryptic is in panic mode right now.

I doubt they are. The nerfs are still coming. Like they want the game to go ghosttown.
  • astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A better deal than a 30-second clickie that awarded 1440 Dilithium and 50 Fleet Marks?

That was not a deal, that was an exploit.

Let's be fair, we do need more and varied ways to get dilithium, but that quick return was clearly an exploit that took away from the motivation to get people to play through the hard-worked-upon UGC content out there.

What's the reward in playing through real story missions if you get the same reward in 5 minutes? Foundry authors deserve in-game rewards to pay off their hard work too.
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yo people... where do I pick up this daily? I can't find it or do you not even know and just complaining for the sake of it?

^^^ Second time asking... Every one has plenty of time to trash talk no time to help.

You pick up the dalies in the Avail missions tab - same place you would look up the Officer daily report - I thnk:confused::eek:
  • mwgacy1mwgacy1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yo people... where do I pick up this daily? I can't find it or do you not even know and just complaining for the sake of it?

^^^ Second time asking... Every one has plenty of time to trash talk no time to help.

Press the Starfleet chevron by the minimap and look for Admiral Gregori Yanishev (sp?) in the avaialble tab. The current daily for me is The Big Dig (Daily), again, which will give 1440 Dilithium on top of the 480 you'll get from the fleet action itself.

screenshot_2012-11-20-23-43-37.jpg

The daily is here, selected in the journal.

EDIT: This does assume you can actually get into, and stay in, a Fleet Action to complete it. Six attempts at entering the Big Dig have resulted in six messages telling me I'll be leaving in the next 10 seconds so it's not like removing this particular daily will make much difference to how much Dilithium I actually receive anyway.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Oh, I though it was something like "Play 3 FA's, get 1440 DL" I dont even play those FA's, I just pwn SB24 over and over for the two purps. So eh who cares, was never a fan of those and I could use the Marks over the DL anyway. I've been swimming in it after countless SB24's between STFs now.

Thanks for explaining it though.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    when did they do this? i just hit 50 on my klink and im seeing 1440 for alpha, beta AND the path of the warrior.

I don't think those are nerfed yet! - I still think you can get over 4000 dilthium from running those overlapping KDF missions - they probaby will leave it as is - plus the other 3 you can run at the same time in Ker'rat - not a lot of players on the KDF side they don't want to make it worse - I think:confused:
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited November 2012
    The daily fleet action missions now grant 50 Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium.
    These are the daily missions offered by Yanishev on the Fed side, and B'Mera on the KDF side.

are you kidding me.. its like they are looking for ways you can make dilithium and then purposely taking them out..

what next??

who needs 50 fleet marks.. we want DILITHIUM..

its a daily mission. you can only do once per day anyway..
    if anything these need to be 50 fleet marks AND dilithium..

are you guys hurting that bad for zen sales?
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    aarons9 wrote: »
    These are the daily missions offered by Yanishev on the Fed side, and B'Mera on the KDF side.

are you kidding me.. its like they are looking for ways you can make dilithium and then purposely taking them out..

what next??

who needs 50 fleet marks.. we want DILITHIUM..

its a daily mission. you can only do once per day anyway..
    if anything these need to be 50 fleet marks AND dilithium..

are you guys hurting that bad for zen sales?

More Dilithium is coming - you should go read the announcement I just posted here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=457021
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Andorian ship sounds sexy.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • bronbron Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Edit: Ok I have no idea how this turned into a different topic in was replying to.

Never mind
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
    edited November 2012
    dailies should award 1440 DIL + 50 FM..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • glxtrader1glxtrader1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah Cryptic!!! way to go!!! guess you want your servers empty so it can be used for Nevewinter when it goes Live...
    Keep Vulcan Boob Chick, only baktag likes to stare at guys in MMOs
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dailies should award 1440 DIL + 50 FM..

Quoted for truth.

I don't mind a reduced Dilithium amount, if "Marks" are in addition to Dilithium reward. Not as a replacement for Dilithium.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Do the devs really think we are all morons and don't know this isn't designed to specifically get people to buy more Zen?

I understand and can appreciate the desire to turn a profit. This has long since turned into naked greed.
  • dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We get another one instead (from Reputation). Stop whining, it was bad when S7 hit, but with Dil back in STFs and now in Reputation, it is incredibly easy to hit 8k/day. Also next week foundry will be back.
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
    edited November 2012
    the reputation system sucks
    i like choices on what to do with my time.. not some fill up a project and wait 40 hours for it to complete junk
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the reputation system sucks
    i like choices on what to do with my time.. not some fill up a project and wait 40 hours for it to complete junk

Well, one of the new changes is, they'll now be 20 hours and not 40.

Read this post by DStahl himself as to what's going to be changed as a result of all the community feedback on S7 to date:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6706581#post6706581
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Do the devs really think we are all morons and don't know this isn't designed to specifically get people to buy more Zen?

I understand and can appreciate the desire to turn a profit. This has long since turned into naked greed.

Guess you missed this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    Time for a STO Season 7 Update

Greetings!

The Reputation System, including the STFs are getting some major changes over the next two weeks. Here is a rundown of what is going to happen over the next several Holodeck updates.
    • Omega Conversion Crates can be opened immediately. You will no longer need to achieve T3 in Omega Fleet to open these.
    • Reputation XP Project timers are dropping from 40 hours to 20 hours across all Tiers. If you have a project in progress, it will not change, but any new projects after the update will be adjusted. We are also looking into adding the ability to drop a project.
    • All XP Reputation Projects (projects that reward progress towards your next Tier) will now grant 240 Dilithium (on average) upon completion. If you complete 4 XP Rep Projects a day, you should earn about 960 Dilithium per day from it. These are in addition to the Marks to Dilithium conversion Projects. Once you've completed a Reputation System, these XP Projects will go away, but the Marks to Dilithium conversion projects will remain.
    • Reputation Projects that convert Marks to Dilithium are being moved from unlocking at T5 to being available immediately. This allows you to convert Omega Marks and Romulan Marks to Dilithium similar to how you could trade STF items for Dilithium previously.
    • Loot drops are getting added to STF mobs as well as to bosses.
    • End of STF Loot Rolls are returning. There will once again be a chance to earn special rewards at the end of STFs or Romulan Mark events. These special rewards will be Bonus marks, Borg Neural Processors, or other items needed for Reputation rewards.
    • Reputation Advancement Projects (the ones that unlock each tier) are having their timers reduced from 1 hour to 15 mins. and we are removing Dilithium inputs from these Tier Up projects.
    • The amount of commodities needed for Romulan Reputation projects is being reduced due to the lack of drops on New Romulus. We will be adding more drops to New Romulus in the future either through enemy kills or daily missions.
    • All Reputation Projects are being changed so that you need to claim the reward upon completion. This puts it in line with how Duty Officer assignments work so you can see the rewards you are getting from each project.

We expect all of the above changes to be live before December. A few will be live by tomorrow, with the rest live around Nov 29th.

See you online and Happy Holidays!

Daniel Stahl
    Executive Producer
    Star Trek Online
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
    edited November 2012
    Interesting, but I want to see it in practice before I cheer for it.

It doesn't help that the rep system just kinda screwed me.

I was going to slot my 4 projects to start...

On the romulan one I slotted an active project and a follow on...

And since I had both projects slotted already it wouldn't allow me to slot the second active.

So now I guess I get to wait an extra few days based on timers and then doing a single project to get both back in sync.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i think the new way is better, and if you are in a fleet you probably wont mind to much exchanging the 1440 dilithium for 50 fleet marks as both are required.

if you are not in a fleet then its obviously not as good, which is why i would like to see an option to pick one reward or the other, but the changes in the reputation system make up for it, i think.
  • bblbrxbblbrx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    "So you're nerfing another dilithium source."

So you're crying and complaining, again...

Btw, there are plenty of way to "farm" dilithium around (I never use to do stf or fleet action for that, and I always refine my 8.000 per toon and per day without playing more than 3 hours a day), so I'm kind of having a problem on understanding those complain on dilithium nerf.

And in addition, I find pretty interesting that people who actually cry on "dilithium farming" recent nerf are the same people who complain on the "farming" side of the game. Realy guys, before season 7, you were just farming the same STF again and again and were missing 90% of the game... Stop farming and just play the game, do mission, doff, explo, etc... I bet you'll have your 8000 daily dili without feeling farming at all.

P.S. : Sorry for my poor poor english, and if you don't agree with me, no worries, you can keep crying guys ;)
    Cardassian "Pirate-Adventurer-Flirty" Captain Zerf "Bob" Burpoowheel
    From the impressive Star-Sloop Obsidian Shrike
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    You will also earn Dilithium for completing XP Reputation Projects! ;)
    edited November 2012
    bblbrx wrote: »
    "So you're nerfing another dilithium source."

So you're crying and complaining, again...

Btw, there are plenty of way to "farm" dilithium around (I never use to do stf or fleet action for that, and I always refine my 8.000 per toon and per day without playing more than 3 hours a day), so I'm kind of having a problem on understanding those complain on dilithium nerf.

And in addition, I find pretty interesting that people who actually cry on "dilithium farming" recent nerf are the same people who complain on the "farming" side of the game. Realy guys, before season 7, you were just farming the same STF again and again and were missing 90% of the game... Stop farming and just play the game, do mission, doff, explo, etc... I bet you'll have your 8000 daily dili without feeling farming at all.

P.S. : Sorry for my poor poor english, and if you don't agree with me, no worries, you can keep crying guys ;)

Because some people don't have hours to play every day and what time they do have they don't want to spend endlessly farming.

I know of you self righteous twits consider people who don't live in the game not worth getting anything.
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012

And they are making one mistake after another while trying to understand what went wrong with their great Season 7 plan.

I think they were expecting too much from players. They really thought players would happily embrace the grind , buy Zen and the new Vesta, and keep going their merry way like if nothing had ever changed.

They were so wrong. Bad comments are flowing in-game, players with lot of alts are infuriated, STF players are infuriated, players who Doff alot are infuriated... Heck even on New Romulus some players are infuriated and unsatisfied...

Unsatisfaction is rampant about just everything in game. I find it kinda hilarious even thought i should be crying instead. It is just so ridiculous that i prefer to laugh about it.

I am just happy i got my gear before season 7. I can't say i want to play Season 7 thought... There are no incentive, no carrots, no loot to get... Only grind and unlocks that are spoonfed to us...

Sorry Cryptic. Can't say you are going in the right direction. Keep trying i guess. I'll keep my money meanwhile and you keep your Vesta. I am certainly not buying a new ship when you removed any reason and fun to do STFs lol.

This, all the way.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ozforce wrote: »
    they also removed all of the dilithium gain from my most favorite mission on the kdf - the pi canis missions,so now they are forcing me to do boring dilithium mining ASWELL as doing pi canis so i can lvl up easier. :mad:

WTF. Because obviously the KDF hadn't been kicked around and neglected enough.

You know, the devs say the goals in season 7 are to increase the amount of dilithium each person gets per day..

All. Evidence. To. The. Contrary.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Give Officer of the Watch 50 FMs then I'll consider them taking a step in the right direction.

+1000 this
    server_hamster6.png
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    WTF. Because obviously the KDF hadn't been kicked around and neglected enough.

You know, the devs say the goals in season 7 are to increase the amount of dilithium each person gets per day..

All. Evidence. To. The. Contrary.

Agreed. The only thing Season 7 seems to have increased is the amount of naked greed being exhibited by Cryptic World.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012

And they are making one mistake after another while trying to understand what went wrong with their great Season 7 plan.

I think they were expecting too much from players. They really thought players would happily embrace the grind , buy Zen and the new Vesta, and keep going their merry way like if nothing had ever changed.

They were so wrong. Bad comments are flowing in-game, players with lot of alts are infuriated, STF players are infuriated, players who Doff alot are infuriated... Heck even on New Romulus some players are infuriated and unsatisfied...

Unsatisfaction is rampant about just everything in game. I find it kinda hilarious even thought i should be crying instead. It is just so ridiculous that i prefer to laugh about it.

I am just happy i got my gear before season 7. I can't say i want to play Season 7 thought... There are no incentive, no carrots, no loot to get... Only grind and unlocks that are spoonfed to us...

Sorry Cryptic. Can't say you are going in the right direction. Keep trying i guess. I'll keep my money meanwhile and you keep your Vesta. I am certainly not buying a new ship when you removed any reason and fun to do STFs lol.

I usually hate it when ppl "long quote" just to add a "+1" , but you know what ? This is so spot on that it has to get a

+ 1 !!! :)

Agreed 100% . (sadly)
  • velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    At first I was like "Awww, that sucks". Then I remembered that yesterday was the first day I played either Klingon Scout Force or The Big Dig with the daily active. I didn't even know they gave dilithium before that.

So... an extra 50 fleet marks? Fine by me, even if we lose the dilithium. It only takes what, 3 runs of a space to get over 1440? You can do that in about the same amount of time as it'll take to do Officer Reports now.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    More Dilithium is coming - you should go read the announcement I just posted here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=457021

2 Points:

1. This has little value as every time you add dilithium, you simultaneously remove some, so the net gain is still about zero for us, but much more for you as you get to manage our our gameplay and "corral" us into where you want us to be. More "Playing as Intended".

Look - taking Dil from some events and adding them to other parts of gameplay isn't going to be the bandaid that makes people play what you want. Give us fair, reasonable and interesting games, and we will play it. Star Trek Online players are quite sensitive to Grind.

2. The Big Dig (Romulan Temple): Trading 1440 Dil for 50 Fleet Marks is not an even trade - not by a LONG shot, particularly when I can play a 10 minute or less match of Colony Invasion for half of that, or almost all of that during the bonus hour. That is to say Giving 50 Fleet marks is a TRIBBLE time-to-payout for the daily on that mission, as it takes so damn long. Why not split the difference? Make it 720 Dil and 25 Fleet marks?
    Why not make it "Romulan Marks" since well, we are fighting - wait for it - ROMULANS?!?!?!?!?!?!

In conclusion, you don't need to close a dilithium spigot eveytime you open a new one. ANd Romulan temple is worth more than 50 FM and should be Romulan Marks instead....