test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic has put back Dilthium to the "Fleet Action (Daily)" (Updated!)

born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
The daily fleet action is having the 1440 dilthium removed and replaced with 50 fleet marks

So they listened and added the 50 fleet marks back - should help out small fleets
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121026a.28

General:
The Daily fleet action missions now grant 50 Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium.
These are the daily missions offered by Yanishev on the Fed side, and B'Mera on the KDF side.
Post edited by born2bwild1 on

Comments

• walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So it looks like the Fleet Action dailies are now going to reward 50 fleet marks instead of 1440 Dilithium, at least if the build on Tribble goes live.

Frankly this sucks. I was fairly defensive of Season 7, but this probably shifts the balance between me participating in the Dilithium economy and not. It just won't be worth it...

There comes a point where the shortness of Dilithium just stops people from caring about it; rather than increasing it's value, it cheapens it. :(
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Give Officer of the Watch 50 FMs then I'll consider them taking a step in the right direction.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i hear that in the next tribble patch they are actually taking away 50 dilithium per match.
    So it costs 50 dilithium just to enter the queue.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sooo...nerfed dili and featured projects requiring 200k dili now ever couple of weeks instead of every 3 weeks. I really want to keep playing this game, but its going to get a lot quieter. So much for the MMO experience.
    chalpen wrote: »
    i hear that in the next tribble patch they are actually taking away 50 dilithium per match.
    So it costs 50 dilithium just to enter the queue.

Where is my "troll-be-gone"?
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...Those gave 1440 Dilithium?

WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS?! *scrambles to go do them all today, and every day, until the patch goes live*
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why don't they get it that people are just not playing the game at all over these changes.

Half my fleet have stopped now. I think it's time to join them.

I was willing to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt with S7 (just check my post history). I really thought they wanted to get more people engaging with the Dilithium economy... but this is just a *mean* change.

I might still play, infrequently. But I don't think I'll be running any more surveys. Subscription: Cancelled.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I know I might get flamed for this - but does anyone really NEED dilthium to play the end game content?

Can't you get all the stuff you need for PvE content with just EC? ie - weapons, ships, doffs, gear, etc
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You need Dili for end game gear and sets from the reputation system and even from the fleet system (which still pisses me off).
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
    edited November 2012
    I know I might get flamed for this - but does anyone really NEED dilthium to play the end game content?

Can't you get all the stuff you need for PvE content with just EC? ie - weapons, ships, doffs, gear, etc

If you're content with running a handout ship with Mk XI blues and greens and crew full of common and uncommon Doffs then yes.

If you want more than that then no. And if players were happy with just that then Cryptic would quickly assign Dilithium costs to all that too since if you're not participating in the Dilithium economy then you're not making them any money.
    You need Dili for end game gear and sets from the reputation system and even from the fleet system (which still pisses me off).

This too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ozforceozforce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    they also removed all of the dilithium gain from my most favorite mission on the kdf - the pi canis missions,so now they are forcing me to do boring dilithium mining ASWELL as doing pi canis so i can lvl up easier. :mad:
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    been telling the KDF to shhhh on the contraband talk they will be nex and they thot i was playing around :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Dilithium is the only way to obtain most desirable hardware in the game. The market place requires someone to provide it with items to sell. Crafting takes Dilithium, items are purchased from the Dilithium store with it, etc. The only way to supply the market with items not obtained with dilithium is loot drops, the stats are inconsistent and the items will be rare.
    edited November 2012
    ozforce wrote: »
    they also removed all of the dilithium gain from my most favorite mission on the kdf - the pi canis missions,so now they are forcing me to do boring dilithium mining ASWELL as doing pi canis so i can lvl up easier. :mad:

So the big KDF Dilithium nerf has begun then? :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow, Season 7 just keeps getting worse.

*slow clap*
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Give Officer of the Watch 50 FMs then I'll consider them taking a step in the right direction.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

I agree, it makes far more sense to boost that pathetic 5 marks event to something more substantial. Better this than taking away yet another source of Dilithium.
  • thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wait can someone explain why this is a problem? So in a daily you got 1440 dilithium for doing a fleet action in the past. In Season 7 you get dilithium for each run of a fleet action, meaning that you can do them all day and make more than 1440 dilithium in a day and now you get 50 fleet marks a day instead which is really what is needed right now for fleets.

It seems perfectly fine to me, the system changed that's all and infact you are getting a better deal now.
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012

So.... I bought all my fleet gear once.... it was easy... been rolling in 300k dl since the emblem change... Its not like you have to pay a reoccurring fee. Be frugal with your DL. I also do not donate.... yeah thats the right word, "DONATE" dl to the star base for pojects unless I have over 300k

I also get my Mark XII consoles by selling Doff packs bought for Zen on the exchange.... Some of you are so DL hungry... not sure why as I rarely spend it and could whoop the $^*! out of all of you in pretty much anything dps related.
    edited November 2012
    It seems perfectly fine to me, the system changed that's all and infact you are getting a better deal now.

A better deal than a 30-second clickie that awarded 1440 Dilithium and 50 Fleet Marks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cryptic just went full ******.:rolleyes:
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll only re-iterate a thought that I know I've seen elsewhere and may be on everyone else's minds...

Why not Dilithium and Fleet Marks? Perhaps 960 Dilithium + 40 Fleet Marks as a compromise.
    edited November 2012
    I didn't even know there was a fleet action daily and I can't seem to find it.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I fail to understand why it cannot offer both the 1440 Dilithium AND the 50 fleet marks.

This. Is the coding for these so poor on Cryptic's end that they can't give more than one type of reward at once?

I honestly don't understand this change.
  • pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sorry whats that ? i cant hear you from Auraxis having too much fun and blowing **** up to give a rats TRIBBLE about those money grabbing theiving TRIBBLE at cryptic/pwe. Seriously everyone should get out whilst they can with their sanity and healthy bank accounts in tact. Put an end to the robbery and find a fun mmo. Why punish yourselves anymore ?

Check out planetside at www.planetside2.com for a fun mmo that isnt pay to win and you dont have to sacrifce your first unborn child for a project.

The balls in your court Mr Stahl its up to you to grow a pair and accept the feedback that the community has been giving you and accept the asian mmo grind model just wont work in STO.

This post has been edited to restore content which was wrongfully edited out. There was nothing which violated PWE rules and I thankfully ask you branflakes to be more considerate. You may try and silence the dissatisfaction on the forums but it just makes you look silly to be honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bad change. But I didn't even know it existed anyway, so meh.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ozforce wrote: »

when did they do this? i just hit 50 on my klink and im seeing 1440 for alpha, beta AND the path of the warrior.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think Cryptic is in panic mode right now.

And they are making one mistake after another while trying to understand what went wrong with their great Season 7 plan.

I think they were expecting too much from players. They really thought players would happily embrace the grind , buy Zen and the new Vesta, and keep going their merry way like if nothing had ever changed.

They were so wrong. Bad comments are flowing in-game, players with lot of alts are infuriated, STF players are infuriated, players who Doff alot are infuriated... Heck even on New Romulus some players are infuriated and unsatisfied...

Unsatisfaction is rampant about just everything in game. I find it kinda hilarious even thought i should be crying instead. It is just so ridiculous that i prefer to laugh about it.

I am just happy i got my gear before season 7. I can't say i want to play Season 7 thought... There are no incentive, no carrots, no loot to get... Only grind and unlocks that are spoonfed to us...

Sorry Cryptic. Can't say you are going in the right direction. Keep trying i guess. I'll keep my money meanwhile and you keep your Vesta. I am certainly not buying a new ship when you removed any reason and fun to do STFs lol.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tali9999 wrote: »
    I am just happy i got my gear before season 7. I can't say i want to play Season 7 thought... There are no incentive, no carrots, no loot to get... Only grind and unlocks that are spoonfed to us...

Sorry Cryptic. Can't say you are going in the right direction. Keep trying i guess. I'll keep my money meanwhile and you keep your Vesta. I am certainly not buying a new ship when you removed any reason and fun to do STFs lol.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or they will find some way to nerf us!!!!!!!!!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't understand why everything we accomplish in the game, can't give us some Dilithium...

Even if it was only 25 - 100 at a shot, at least then it would feel like playing the game is worth it.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tali9999 wrote: »
    I think Cryptic is in panic mode right now.

And they are making one mistake after another while trying to understand what went wrong with their great Season 7 plan.

I think they were expecting too much from players. They really thought players would happily embrace the grind , buy Zen and the new Vesta, and keep going their merry way like if nothing had ever changed.

They were so wrong. Bad comments are flowing in-game, players with lot of alts are infuriated, STF players are infuriated, players who Doff alot are infuriated... Heck even on New Romulus some players are infuriated and unsatisfied...

Unsatisfaction is rampant about just everything in game. I find it kinda hilarious even thought i should be crying instead. It is just so ridiculous that i prefer to laugh about it.

I find it difficult to think anyone, let alone a whole group of people, could be so deluded as to think that the whole of S7 was a good idea. Sure, much of it worked out pretty well, like the actual new content such as in Tau Dewa, but this obsessive nickel-and-diming was inevitably going to lead to severe loss of goodwill. I can only hope that the Cryptic staff was fighting against all this tooth and nail while it was in fact PWE that was forcing all this on them and us.
    edited November 2012
    Yo people... where do I pick up this daily? I can't find it or do you not even know and just complaining for the sake of it?

^^^ Second time asking... Every one has plenty of time to trash talk no time to help.