test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Challenge #5 Discussion Thread

Comments

• hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Authors!

Now that the Foundry is back up, I'm extending the entry period for this challenge to 10am PST on Wednesday, December 19th (2 weeks from now). Missions must be live then*** to be entered, and the full details of it (green text) must be filled out in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=405961

***If you are unable to push the "publish" button at this time due to timezones/ work schedules, please wait until the latest possible moment before this day/time. Also, if you need to publish your mission to test things, that is fine too, but please make sure to unpublish after testing is complete.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

More than generous.
    Thank YOu
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, this challenge is going to be a little more interesting. I'm finding a lot of assets that aren't in the Foundry more so related to the Devidian series. (Bepii System, Section 31 uniforms, Franklin Drake etc.) I've been working around it but would totally be good to have had them. Otherwise it's all coming together well.
    f3wrLS.jpg
    edited December 2012
    drudgy wrote: »
    Well, this challenge is going to be a little more interesting. I'm finding a lot of assets that aren't in the Foundry more so related to the Devidian series. (Bepii System, Section 31 uniforms, Franklin Drake etc.) I've been working around it but would totally be good to have had them. Otherwise it's all coming together well.

Drudgy, I can't wait to play yours, man :)
    I think we are the only two continuing Spectres.
    And I have run into some of the same issues that you have with what's available.
    edited December 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Drudgy, I can't wait to play yours, man :)
    I think we are the only two continuing Spectres.
    And I have run into some of the same issues that you have with what's available.

Indeed! I've always liked the Devidian series. I'll be very interested to play yours as well.
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just replayed that series to get the staff and im regreting not doing one, looking forward to yours both!

Those anyone know what else they put into foundry? It seems like a long time to go down for a few items and the loss of adding animations to characters!?
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Brandon the npc ships disapearing and npc mobs friend and foe disapearing is there something i'm not doing or is it that I can't do ANYTHING about this problem cause if it is I don't want to publish the story with a major TRIBBLE loose
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That might be a pathing issue, I saw something like that but that issue was resolved by publishing, I'm not sure if yours is the same though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Well I have to say that putting together this mission of mine has been a challenge to say the least. I got most everything made up but it sure would have been nice to have some of the original TOS assets in the Foundry like consoles and other smaller details. Hopefully it all makes sense when I push the publish button and people are able to find where they need to go. :)
    f3wrLS.jpg
    edited December 2012
    drudgy wrote: »
    Well I have to say that putting together this mission of mine has been a challenge to say the least. I got most everything made up but it sure would have been nice to have some of the original TOS assets in the Foundry like consoles and other smaller details. Hopefully it all makes sense when I push the publish button and people are able to find where they need to go. :)

I can appretiate that, I've finally buckled down and started on my own Series: Star Trek Origins. I'm currently strugling making 3 TOS style maps and it's a giant pain in the Shuttle Bay! lol :rolleyes:
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
    edited December 2012
    I will be leaving town, and reliable internet access for the holidays Monday the 17th. Would it be acceptable to publish my mission 2 days ahead of the deadline ?
    edited December 2012
    I wouldn't see why not mate, any votes sent to BranFlakes before the release time wont count anyway and it gives those of us who know about it an early Xmas Present :D

Additional; Just noticed a major flaw in my mission so having to overhaul it, hopefully no bugs will crop up because of this :S
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    I posted this in the entires thread just now:
    Hi Authors,

As a reminder, the deadline/publish date for your missions is tomorrow, Wednesday December 19th. Please do not publish them until 10AM PST tomorrow, or, as close as you can get to that time (i.e. if you have to work at 7am PST tomorrow, publish it before you leave for work, or tonight, or whenever :) Just as late as possible, but by 10am PST tomorrow.)

Also, please remember that you need to reply to this thread with its information in the format lasted in the OP (this needs to be filled out completely by the due date/ time for your mission to be considered. If I can't find your mission published in-game tomorrow around 10am PST, I won't be able to add it to the voting thread.).

Thanks, and good luck! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited December 2012
    No choice.

Project is publishing now.
    I am in my rinky dink little home town, and in order to get internet at all, It requires a trip to a small nearby coffee house which is not something I can guarentee being able to do again before the deadline.

Mission Title :
    Spectres, Episode Six

Mission ID :
    ST-HALTULBO5

Mission Author @handle :
    @HippieJohn

Sorry I had to publish early but dont want to miss getting this published in time.

Thanks All
    -John
    edited December 2012
    Same; I'm Publishing now because I have duty for 24 Hours (unless I can get out of it). ;)

Look forward to playing everyones missions :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • muarenmuaren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have to put mine up now.

Mission Title: Cold Reflection
    Your @Handle: @sbcouto
    Faction: Klingon
    Level Requirement: 35+
    Mission Summary:
    With the death of Thot Trel and the Breen's failed mission, you venture forward into a list of military successes by defeating the Devidians, the assault of the Romulan Vault and the stopping of the 2800... But then the Klingon Empire calls you to the front lines to face the full force of Starfleet's Elite. Death is all but guaranteed.
    edited December 2012
    Mine's Published! Hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did. :) I look forward to giving everyone else's a try!
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • muarenmuaren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Finally get to play these challenges!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just clicked publish for mine, it should show up soon.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Published and all at 18:00 GMT mission name "Scantuary for the lost"
    ALL Spelling is in a british NOT american
    edited December 2012
    Thank you to everyone who submitted their missions for Foundry Challenge #5, and for all the discussion in this thread! From today until Wednesday, January 9th at 10AM PST, voting will be open. Please see this thread for voting information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited December 2012
    Brandon can I do a republish there's a possable mission breaking bug in mine that wasn't there on the foundry?
  • claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can't find the mission Cold Enemies by Q400, i'm done a custom search using the name "Cold Enemies" and I've searched by Author which only turns up one misison called "Hunter Killer: Part 2". I'll be going on to the next mission while waiting for a response.

Edit: Nevermind I wasn't a reviewer before, now I am and I can find it fine.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Do you have "Become a Reviewer" turned on? If it doesn't have 5 reviews yet it will not show up on the main list
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • captainmarucaptainmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Anyone else had trouble finding Echo's in Time and Dark Alliance 1?
    Not showing up in my search by either the Authors or the mission names.

Thanks!

Maru
  • captainmarucaptainmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    Do you have "Become a Reviewer" turned on? If it doesn't have 5 reviews yet it will not show up on the main list

How do you turn on "Become a Reviewer"?

Thanks!
    edited December 2012
    How do you turn on "Become a Reviewer"?

Thanks!

It used to be when you clicked the Review Content button at the bottom there would be Start Reviewing or something like that. Not sure exactly where it is post season 7, but I imagine somewhere similar.

To find my mission if no one has played it yet, most likely it needs to be reviewed first, before it shows up as a normal foundry mission. By becoming a reviewer you should be able to find it.

Edit - Like this screenshot. 3rd tab on the left and at the bottom. Become Reviewer.
    f3wrLS.jpg
    edited December 2012
    cers001 wrote: »
    Brandon can I do a republish there's a possable mission breaking bug in mine that wasn't there on the foundry?

Yes, no problem.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • afalconerafalconer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can we repost the mission to fix spelling errors found after the mission?
  • soriedemsoriedem Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i've gotten five plays on my mission as of right now. When do we get the red text removed from the mission? What's the threshold?
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if we know all the criteria. 5 reviews and minimum 20 minutes average seems to be two though.

Do an average time search on your mission. What does it say?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan