test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Really

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The spammer/anti-spammer - the AoE guy - the guy cluttering up the field with so much stuff that it's going to clash with the stuff the other side is dropping out there. With the stuff there, you don't want to leave home without your stuff too.

Yes, in PUGland - you can easily find your team having no stuff - the other team having way too much stuff. That's part of the fun of PUGland...

...but organized play? You don't build a character. You don't build a ship. You build a team.
  • omgrandalthoromgrandalthor Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The "fix" for them is to incorporate a teammate who can deny enemy mines all the live long day or adjust your ship to deal with them. That's pretty much how team vs works. Indeed, you should be including at least a little spam control into your ship anytime you're out even *if* you have a dedicated spam clearer just because that person can be shutdown and made unable to keep up in their role.

The game provides you the tools necessary to deal with mines, if you want to keep crying about them, that's you're prerogative, but don't think for a second their counters don't exist.

Guess you have no idea what I am talking about. Does not matter how much faw csv ect you have you must be new to this... Now let me enplane again you get hit with ams then mines, no mater how much you faw csv aoe mine drop all the TRIBBLE you keep saying wrks against them does nothing.

You must be a mine spammer trying to justify using them and hell half the time you cant even see them tell they hit your ship so go back and keep saying they are all good so your signature move still works.
    edited December 2012
    The spammer/anti-spammer - the AoE guy - the guy cluttering up the field with so much stuff that it's going to clash with the stuff the other side is dropping out there. With the stuff there, you don't want to leave home without your stuff too.

Yes, in PUGland - you can easily find your team having no stuff - the other team having way too much stuff. That's part of the fun of PUGland...

...but organized play? You don't build a character. You don't build a ship. You build a team.

And this is why new people don't q up any more you must have a team to combat these. People keep justifying them and saying o its ok to be able to one shot anything its all good not knowing they are running off future pvp people. Those that use them need them its a easy button. Maybe if they got some timing skill with buff vs debuf timing then they would not need trics to win.

Now you have to have ships to fight these faw ect tell you get ams spammed then you are ****ed and your focus damage is TRIBBLE.

There is so much TRIBBLE in this game that does nothing but run off new pvp people powerdrain tric mines ect you all know what is op out there why do you think kvf is dead unless a premade goes in. Most of these are simple fix isolators vs power-drain make mines like the torps ect not hard.

When you are able to get pugs to change their builds at the start of a match to combat and support each other tell me cause that will be a sto miracle.
  • rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
    edited December 2012
    Also nice to hide a tric mine in warp plasma..... ghehehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
    @rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
    @rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
  • egtownsendegtownsend Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Actually people don't play or get better because of helpful or friendly players you have whiners complaining about stuff in game. The Enterprise fires trics for christ's sake. Sounds like you just have a crappy ship that can't take a mine hit, or forgot to hit brace for impact. Even when tractored if you hit evasive you move, increasing defense and taking you farther away from the mines. Not to mention all the AoE attacks that clear them.

I'd say your problem is someone did more damage than you were expecting in PvP. Too bad, so sad. :'(

Tricobalt mines and all that other stuff is really effective, easy to get in game, and even inexpensive for good stuff off the exchange. So new players looking for a good build may experiment and try them out. They stop playing when you so called "experts" tell them how crappy they are, when the reality is you only say that because they're not crappy at all.

Adjust your tactics, not the game.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2012
    Fear not young sir, you are not alone.

For every tactic, there's a way out of it. The real question is what are you expecting to be challenged by?

For every mine dispersal, there's either a point defence solution (skills, consoles etc.) or a repulsion solution. For every beam, a shield. For every torpedo, a... you get the idea.

The real concept here (forgive the butchery) is age old. Know thy enemy, adapt like heck.

[/PvP vent]

Admiral Thrax
    edited December 2012
    egtownsend wrote: »
    Actually people don't play or get better because of helpful or friendly players you have whiners complaining about stuff in game. The Enterprise fires trics for christ's sake. Sounds like you just have a crappy ship that can't take a mine hit, or forgot to hit brace for impact. Even when tractored if you hit evasive you move, increasing defense and taking you farther away from the mines. Not to mention all the AoE attacks that clear them.

I'd say your problem is someone did more damage than you were expecting in PvP. Too bad, so sad. :'(

Tricobalt mines and all that other stuff is really effective, easy to get in game, and even inexpensive for good stuff off the exchange. So new players looking for a good build may experiment and try them out. They stop playing when you so called "experts" tell them how crappy they are, when the reality is you only say that because they're not crappy at all.

Adjust your tactics, not the game.

Yes it fires tric torps which are not broken look at their stats and how they work once again the torps are not broken. And it is the other way around... people that need these do not know how to build a ship if you need something that does so much damage you can one shot a tac cube or even kill the gate in infected before you take out the generators you don't know how to build a ship.

And for all you tricers that defend these cause you are lazy and don't want to figure out the game and go o there are defenses. ONCE AGAIN they only work IF you can SEE the mine and are not AMSED or SCRAMBLED. Then your bfi needs to be off cool-down when facing someone with 2 of these on their ship you will not have a bfi off cool-down. So tell me again how good these defenses are? And how about asking the ai how good the defenses are...

Just to be clear once again the torps seam to work just fine hits from about 15k to 60k if hitting the hull. why do the mines have to do 100k damage through shields? Maybe for players like you that don't want to get better? Or players that think they are kirk and can take on a borg fleet and one shot everything? Get a clue man maybe some of us like a challenge in the stfs and pvps...
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    thissler wrote: »
    Looks good. What seems to be the problem you're having with them?

No doubt. A single mine hit is survivable though crits can suck.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited December 2012
    Yes it fires tric torps which are not broken look at their stats and how they work once again the torps are not broken. And it is the other way around... people that need these do not know how to build a ship if you need something that does so much damage you can one shot a tac cube or even kill the gate in infected before you take out the generators you don't know how to build a ship.

And for all you tricers that defend these cause you are lazy and don't want to figure out the game and go o there are defenses. ONCE AGAIN they only work IF you can SEE the mine and are not AMSED or SCRAMBLED. Then your bfi needs to be off cool-down when facing someone with 2 of these on their ship you will not have a bfi off cool-down. So tell me again how good these defenses are? And how about asking the ai how good the defenses are...

Just to be clear once again the torps seam to work just fine hits from about 15k to 60k if hitting the hull. why do the mines have to do 100k damage through shields? Maybe for players like you that don't want to get better? Or players that think they are kirk and can take on a borg fleet and one shot everything? Get a clue man maybe some of us like a challenge in the stfs and pvps...

So your problem is that it does a lot of damage. Too much damage! What a novel concept in a game where the only thing anyone seems to build to is... uh.... damage.

Seeing the mines is a simple change to your HUD settings. They don't cloak, they don't have mask energy signature, they're just normal mines that take a heck of a long time to activate and even longer to recharge. If you're not LOOKING for the mines and actively staying away from them then you're the one to fault, not the mines. Someone drops trico mines? RUN AWAY. Just go another direction. They only activate within a 2km radius (not far) and if you take the ample time between deployment and activation to move in some other direction not only will they just sit there, the captain that deployed them will be stymied. That's why trico mines suck! At max if he has more than 1 mine launcher he's got 30 sec between that burst DPS. 30 sec. That's a hell of a long time when all you have to do to evade the damage is just evade the mines.

How do you not whine about AMS? I'd say that's way worse than trico mines and have been killed by that far more often. I can't tell you how many times a KDF PvP team have used that 3 or 4 times in a row to wipe out a few players.

For the record the mines do not do that much kinetic damage through your shields. The first mine probably disabled your shields and the second mine hit right after. If you can keep your shields up the worst thing about them is a the few seconds of disable.

It sounds like you are already challenged by trico mines. Why not just adapt to fighting with them instead of whining for Cryptic to take it out of the game because "THAT'S NOT FAIR". :'(
    edited December 2012
    o ffs you don't get it. Keep needing a crutch to kill simple npcs keep making excuses for something that can one shot anything in the game. Get some skill then come back.

You just are trying to make excuses so your only way to pve and pvp does not get nerfed. I kill my borg and people no crutches.

I do fight most mines off no problem unless it is made imposable at the time to. That damage was through my shields full tacbuffed mine while I was under rsp cause there were a couple people on me.

Reason I don't say much about ams is because I know how to combat that.
    edited December 2012
    Beware Ferengi Bearing Gifts

D'Kora

Tactical Captain

Passives
    Romulan: +3% Crit, +PlacOnCrit
    Omega: +30 Weapon Skill, +KineticProc

THY1, DPB1, APO1
    TT1

EPtS1, AtB1, RSP2, EWP3
    EPtA1, AtB1

PH1, HE2

DOFFs: MAS(EWP), 3x Tech(AtB), SDO(BFI)

D/E/S: KHG/AKHG

Weapons
    Fore: 2x Romulan Plasma DHC, Experimental Romulan Beam Plasma Array, Hyper-Plasma Torp
    Aft: Cutting Beam, Romulan Plasma Turret, Plasma Mine Launcher, Omega Torp

Consoles
    Tac: Battle Module, 2x Plasma Infuser
    Eng: Borg, Rule 62, Tachyok, RCS
    Sci: 0Point, Romulan Part (Pla), Romulan Part (Hull)

Devices: RMC, SFM, Wep Batt, Aux Batt

MAS EWP, DPB, THY Omega (have you seen the AoE crit damage on this even without the gear in this build?), EM, DHC...DHC...THY Hyper...DHC...DHC...
    edited December 2012
    o ffs you don't get it. Keep needing a crutch to kill simple npcs keep making excuses for something that can one shot anything in the game. Get some skill then come back.

You just are trying to make excuses so your only way to pve and pvp does not get nerfed. I kill my borg and people no crutches.

I do fight most mines off no problem unless it is made imposable at the time to. That damage was through my shields full tacbuffed mine while I was under rsp cause there were a couple people on me.

Reason I don't say much about ams is because I know how to combat that.

You don't need tricos to kill borg, and most players learn that well before anything about tricos.

Grumbling on the forums is a crutch. You just want the game nerfed to your liking. Today it's tricos, tomorrow it's something else because you got all butthurt because a mine hit too hard. :'(

How many other abilities make it impossible to do anything? Especially all those zen consoles and cross faction console packs, and when you get a team disabling and holding. You can resist a lot of it at least temporarily, but when those buffs run out and you have no support, the same thing can happen. When are you going to start asking for team work to get nerfed?
    edited December 2012
    egtownsend wrote: »
    You don't need tricos to kill borg, and most players learn that well before anything about tricos.

Grumbling on the forums is a crutch. You just want the game nerfed to your liking. Today it's tricos, tomorrow it's something else because you got all butthurt because a mine hit too hard. :'(

How many other abilities make it impossible to do anything? Especially all those zen consoles and cross faction console packs, and when you get a team disabling and holding. You can resist a lot of it at least temporarily, but when those buffs run out and you have no support, the same thing can happen. When are you going to start asking for team work to get nerfed?

You still are not getting it are you... This is like a cheat code for people that do not want to learn how to do stfs or pvp. I have used trics on the borg just for the lulz in stfs and am able to kill the cubes in one hit through their shields with out killing the regen probe things in cure eleat, kill the gates in infected, and kit without killing the generators. Nop they are not to strong... you are delusional if they don't balance them ill just go to a tric ams build **** it I mean really why should i have to work for kills ill use the easy button to. How about I toss in the temporal rewind which by it self is like a good heal every 5 min but with trics its a good heal and a way to kill anyone anytime any ship anywhere.

Whats wrong with torps they can still insta kill a player the person using them just have to use skill to ahh **** it you will never get it. Keep wanting them to kill TRIBBLE easily for you someday you will have to get better or quit there is a video that devoras put up go watch it.
  • doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    PvE is a joke, anyway. Except for maybe The Hive, which they toned down a little bit.

Tric's don't make a player a better PvPer but neither do Jem Bugs, SNB Doff's, T4 Shield Passive(getting fixed, supposedly), Plasmonic Leach or Aceton Assimilators. They just make them look better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    More and more I have the feeling that the people here who are defending the usage of trics really don't have an idea of what they are talking about. The thread starter is correct in his assesment that trics are total BS.

There is a reason why most respectable PVP fleets refuse to use buffed up trics: If tric bombing is done right, then you can't do **** about it. Which makes PVP pointless. Pointless PVP is lame.

So tric bombers argue "but there are counters to it, L2P". Dear Tric bombers, learn to play yourself.

We explored tric mines. And the counters to it. The counters are inadequate and/or too difficult to apply.

A tric bomber (and even more so a tric bombing premade) can counter the counters. Did that ever occur to you? Can your victim see the trics? Interfere with his view/screen whatever. Can your victim evade the trics? Deny his movement.

Mission accomplished, total PVP lameness achieved. thx tricers. bye
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

edited December 2012
    ilhansk wrote: »
    If tric bombing is done right

But then it's not really about the trics, is it?

This isn't the first thread on the topic. I don't think the last one was that long ago.

Say you're out there in a match - RandomGuy drops a tric. Are you concerned in the least? Do you maybe giggle, a manly giggle, but a giggle all the same?

Say they DPB the trics...are you concerned yet? Well, they might chain crit. Then again, chain critting is not a tric issue. It's an issue, but it's not specific to trics.

They might do X, Y, or Z to set up a DPB'd tric crit chain going off... but X, Y, or Z are not the trics. They're X, Y, and Z. The chain crit is not the trics. It's the chain crit.

Take the X, Y, and Z with the D'kora build up there...are you going to be any less dead?
    Take the X, Y, and Z with a Breen Cluster and DPB3'd Trans Mine on that D'kora...are you going to be any less dead?

Picture 26 transphasic mines...
    5% chance to proc an additional 751.4 damage to hull.
    The increased crit chance. Chain crit. The increased crit severity.
    The various bonuses to mine damage.

It's not the trics that need to be addressed. It's the X, Y, or Z that's done to set up what folks are doing with the trics that needs to be addressed.

I mean, Hell, you could even X, Y, or Z and drop out a Tric Torp, Breen Cluster, and a pair of THY Omegas...

Which is pretty much what most of these threads finally conclude... nothing changes... and another of these threads pops up again.
  • stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited December 2012
    For a while maybe, just leave them as they are and turn on the self splash damage (and pet damage if possible). Make them useful but encourage the use of actual tactics other than hitting a button every 30-60 seconds.

More importantly, this will keep things functioning uniformly, making the game more accessible by virtue of things acting as expected. I highly doubt it is intended that Tric Torps can harm oneself but the much more dangerous tric mines do not. I'm betting on an oversite rather than intended design.

Alternatively, if its still too much they could always remove the cloak (can't spam buttloads of these to clutter up the screen anyway) or maybe reduce the spike potential on multiple crits.

I like the idea of high cost abilities with high potential payouts but they need to require a tactic other than drop and spin.
    edited December 2012
    stevehale wrote: »
    turn on the self splash damage

They should definitely have the splash damage turned on.

If I can kill myself with a Tric Torp or a THY Omega... I should be able to kill myself with a Tric Mine.

I'll never admit to having killed myself with Tric Torps, mind you - but uh, I've heard that it can happen. ;)
  • stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited December 2012
    Lol. I've only done it ... All the time. To be perfectly honest there is something glorious and equally hilarious about it. Make it so!
    edited December 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    edited December 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • pveheropvehero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For a while maybe, just leave them as they are and turn on the self splash damage (and pet damage if possible).

Yup, they should splash to everything except the other mines belonging to the same cluster. (Because that would make dispersal pattern completely worthless)

I would so totally 'splode myself all the time if they did this... it'd be awsome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    pvehero wrote: »
    Yup, they should splash to everything except the other mines belonging to the same cluster. (Because that would make dispersal pattern completely worthless)

I would so totally 'splode myself all the time if they did this... it'd be awsome!

New tactics!

Tractor the guy dropping them and send a pet over... pet triggers the mines, they boom the pet, and the guy dropping them. :)
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For a while maybe, just leave them as they are and turn on the self splash damage (and pet damage if possible). Make them useful but encourage the use of actual tactics other than hitting a button every 30-60 seconds.

More importantly, this will keep things functioning uniformly, making the game more accessible by virtue of things acting as expected. I highly doubt it is intended that Tric Torps can harm oneself but the much more dangerous tric mines do not. I'm betting on an oversite rather than intended design.

Alternatively, if its still too much they could always remove the cloak (can't spam buttloads of these to clutter up the screen anyway) or maybe reduce the spike potential on multiple crits.

I like the idea of high cost abilities with high potential payouts but they need to require a tactic other than drop and spin.

IMHO ... ALL Area of Effect attacks should do damage to friendlies as well as enemies. Ever played old school pen and paper D and D, rushed in to attack the boss and heard the wizard say "I launch a fireball" and cried? I think this should apply to EVERYTHING that has AOE powers, including things like Gravity Well and Tykiens Rift.

There you go, INSTANT fix to everything considered borked or OP. Doubt it will ever happen, but I can dream.
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    IMHO ... ALL Area of Effect attacks should do damage to friendlies as well as enemies. EVer played old school pen and paper D and D, rushed in to attack the boss and heard the wiard say "I launch a fireball" and cried? I think this should apply to EVERYTHING that has AOE powers, including things like Gravity Well and Tykiens Rift.

There you go, INSTANT fix to everything considered borked or OP. Doubt it will ever happen, but I can dream.

Except that then science powers and scatter volley would be completely worthless. No thank you to aoe's effecting everything.

Besides if you go that route then you'd have to have direct line of fire weapons. If a guy is shooting another dude and a friendly flys between then e should take the hit. A whole new dynamic to combat!
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited December 2012
    And then raise combat ranges as well and you have a much more interesting game.
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    But then it's not really about the trics, is it?

This isn't the first thread on the topic. I don't think the last one was that long ago.

Say you're out there in a match - RandomGuy drops a tric. Are you concerned in the least? Do you maybe giggle, a manly giggle, but a giggle all the same?

Well part of Ilhansk's point was that these tricobalt mines are not exclusively the province of newer or more casual players. It's the same as the shield regen thread, really... the newbie who enjoys the feeling of getting a kill (or three) from random mine crits will be in for a rude surprise when he learns that min-maxers can also use trics, and to a much more depressing effect. Even in a premade setting, trics used "properly" are terrifying; in duels they're nigh uncounterable. I don't want to fight Ilhansk's or Rand Al Thor's hypothetical tric bomber and neither should you.

Most of the PvP players who've been watching these newer players run around tric bombing everything have so far refrained from strapping trics on themselves, because we know just where the state of the queues will end up if everyone is armed that way. It's a code of conduct that no one other than ourselves have been holding us to, but to be quite frank patience is wearing thin fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Cmon guys, the stfs are now the funniest thing ever!

http://youtu.be/B9mWrlenRpM

How can you dislike the beauty of the trico mines blowing a door with 2 millon HP in just 3 seconds? how dare you!
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited December 2012
    mrkollins wrote: »
    Cmon guys, the stfs are now the funniest thing ever!

http://youtu.be/B9mWrlenRpM

How can you dislike the beauty of the trico mines blowing a door with 2 millon HP in just 3 seconds? how dare you!

nothing to see here move on... trics are not strong at all! that is good video especially at the end showing you do it by your self can we say people can bot this!