test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mountain Pass still Not completing

hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Mountain Pass on New Romulus still broken and not completing when all Tal Shiar are dead despite patch notes that say this was fixed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    herbie1966herbie1966 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here...

Just tried it for a Fourth time...

Still broken.

:mad:

I'm not doing it again... the new Romulan TRIBBLE isn't worth the bother.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    Quick question -- did you drop the mission and then re-take it before completing it? That may do the trick :) Let us know.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Quick question -- did you drop the mission and then re-take it before completing it? That may do the trick :) Let us know.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

But if he drops it, won't that start the 20 hour cooldown timer?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm about to try this... Reluctantly...

The mission is no longer available... ?????

I'm standing at the correct spot but no prompt comes up.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    But if he drops it, won't that start the 20 hour cooldown timer?

If I'm not mistaken, CD timers on missions that you can pick up start from when you pick them up, not when you drop or complete it. Kind of like the dailies :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    If I'm not mistaken, CD timers on missions that you can pick up start from when you pick them up, not when you drop or complete it. Kind of like the dailies :)
    herbie1966 wrote: »
    I'm about to try this... Reluctantly...

Thanks! I'll be watching this thread to find out the result.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So now I have to wait till tomorrow to try this again???

Wonderful....

I'd like to add a few other choice words... Cheers, NOT being one of them...

but what's the use....

The logic of time gating these completely escapes me.

It certainly DOES NOT create a feeling in this player of wishing to return to the game.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

First try...will not complete.
    Drop it.
    Return to the guy...get it again.
    Second try...completes.

edit: Not sure what the poster above means by having to wait to try it again. Was able to drop and get it again immediately (well, had to walk over to the guy).
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I haven't tried this mission since the Nov 30 patch, but i ran it across 12 toons (about 30 runs) last week and never had a problem completing it.

I might be wrong but i think people are just trying to do it too fast and missing doing each part correctly.

My only suggestion for this mission is the respawn area at the end needs to be moved further from the last fight area, the romulans can spawn camp the respawn point.
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    kirisee wrote: »
    I might be wrong but i think people are just trying to do it too fast and missing doing each part correctly.

Only thing different between the first and second try...was the shuttle completion taking place during the first try.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I have noticed on some daily missions (not his one, not tried this one yet) that sometimes when I drop a daily it will start the 20 hour counter anyway. Last time this happened was a few patches ago, with the officer report daily. At the time, I assumed it was working as intended and I resolved to never drop a dailly if I could help it.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Only thing different between the first and second try...was the shuttle completion taking place during the first try.

Yes, and you have to view the shuttle video before you complete the mission, in other words, tag all 4 romulans, and then watch video, THEN tag the consoles to complete.
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    kirisee wrote: »
    Yes, and you have to view the shuttle video before you complete the mission, in other words, tag all 4 romulans, and then watch video, THEN tag the consoles to complete.

That's not a case of people doing something incorrectly though. That's a bug. Completing the one mission should not break the other mission.
  • Options
    generalbannon07generalbannon07 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dropping the mission didn't work for me. STILL unable to end the mission. And yes, I viewed the video before completing all consoles an freeing the last prisoner.
    t643t0.jpg

Original join date: Jul 2008
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If they got the mission just before the patch or within the cd timer I doubt it would work.

I always line the same mission up again after completion even though I may not do it again for awhile.. guessing that is how it has worked for others. I haven't played Mountain Pass since the patch, I have just got used to the bug and work around it.. same with the other bugs since launch.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    If they got the mission just before the patch or within the cd timer I doubt it would work.

I always line the same mission up again after completion even though I may not do it again for awhile.. guessing that is how it has worked for others. I haven't played Mountain Pass since the patch, I have just got used to the bug and work around it.. same with the other bugs since launch.

Idiot. Good testing that it still doesn't work. Btw i did not have the mission lined up beforehand.

Give us a clue.. what is the bug?

Wow so glad you fixed that bug where I was lying down when I exited mountain pass.... hmm...
  • Options
    dysonsolardysonsolar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Are you kidding me? I took the mission afresh and still it's buggered. How is it you cans 'fixed' it. Did you test the fix? This is totally unaccpetable. I can't even take your word for it that it's fixed. How TRIBBLE can Cryptic people be? TRIBBLE it. I don't need this bugged, fubared crappy mission. I"m here to have fun, not be an unpaid code tester in frustration. Cryptic, you can't even find bugs, much less fix them.
  • Options
    dysonsolardysonsolar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First try...will not complete.
    Drop it.
    Return to the guy...get it again.
    Second try...completes.

edit: Not sure what the poster above means by having to wait to try it again. Was able to drop and get it again immediately (well, had to walk over to the guy).

I'm not going to play Cryptics' back and forth, drop and retry TRIBBLE. It should have never been bugged in the first place. TRIBBLE Cryptic.
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Subdue Tal Shiar Agents - still not completes, after i kill all of them. Please fix this PROPERLY.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just ran this mission, actually still in the mission here is what is going on:

~Obtained Mission
    ~Went down path to prompt, entered instance
    ~Killed all Mobs in first area
    ~Clicked consoles and released prisoners
    ~2nd Camp, rinse and repeat, read communique
    ~3rd Camp Died Twice, away team killed most Mobs inclding the Named Mob before Responding to my Help Call
    ~Verified no more mobs
    ~Clicked Consoles, released prisoners, watched movie

Problem:
    Subdue Tal Shiar not updating, have all other items on the list completed.

Could it be because I was not resurrected prior to all the mobs being killed I don't get credit?
    or
    Do I have to stay alive to win this?

Ticket: 1,432,892

I am a casual player with MK X & XI green weapons if more that this is needed guess I'm waiting a bit.

Yah know with all the changes that are "working as intended(tm)" and making this game harder than it needs to be, and a few of the devs and admins are not seeming care, I'm going elsewhere with my money for a while: EQ, Hellgate, Halo, Wizards101 and any other game I can find. Have fun all, I'll be back when my "give a damn" button isn't broke.
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Still broken for me too, about to give up with this bugfest game.

Heres tonight:

Beamed to bridge to show friends each others bridges and uniforms etc, we al goto differant instances and they even have our own boffs on them.....

Ok so off to Dewa todo Red Alerts, warp in and warp out, tried for about an hour, what a joke.

Finally go and do this Mountain Pass as it is FIXED. Get to the end and it is still BROKE.

What a night, we really are fed up with this TRIBBLE now.
  • Options
    buciusbucius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes mountain pass is still bugged due to not being able to find all the Tal Shiar agents. However, it can be completed as follows:

When you first enter the instance you don't get the part of the mission to eliminate the Tal Shiar until you run passed a certain spot. The 1st mob that comes running down the hill stops about where you get that part of the mission. Don't shoot them until you run to this spot and get the next part of the mission. Once you get the next part telling you to eliminate the Tal Shiar threat you can kill to your hearts content.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    bucius wrote: »
    Yes mountain pass is still bugged due to not being able to find all the Tal Shiar agents. However, it can be completed as follows:

When you first enter the instance you don't get the part of the mission to eliminate the Tal Shiar until you run passed a certain spot. The 1st mob that comes running down the hill stops about where you get that part of the mission. Don't shoot them until you run to this spot and get the next part of the mission. Once you get the next part telling you to eliminate the Tal Shiar threat you can kill to your hearts content.

Ahh. I just started expecting the mobs so setup turrets now with engs and draw them in with 'me'.. well guess trying to do something different in the game is just stupid. Cryptic punish me please.. nvm you have already done that over and over .. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Stupid Me...

I thought, OK, Perhaps I did something wrong the first EIGHT TIMES I tried this...

Ninth try.. (counting the times I tried at the beginning of the week.)

Nope...

Sorry, but this Mission is without a doubt the absolute worst one in the game.

Not only can't I finish it, but I died so many times trying to survive the ONE SHOT Shield Draining enemy weapons that I lost complete interest beyond just trying to get through it.

Even if the stupid thing had completed, I WILL NEVER ATTEMPT THIS MISSION AGAIN.

I'm done.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    bucius wrote: »

I tried this the last three times.. IT DOES NOT APPARENTLY, ALWAYS WORK.

...or EVER, for me.

BTW: Been trying to do this with my Science Toon... None of the powers from the Physicist Mk-X kit had any apparent effect on the Hirogen, except the Fire Blast, and that was minimal.

If You are going to make Enemy NPC's that powerful from now on, Please, bump up the Science Powers.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fyllis wrote: »
    Just ran this mission, actually still in the mission here is what is going on:

~Obtained Mission
    ~Went down path to prompt, entered instance
    ~Killed all Mobs in first area
    ~Clicked consoles and released prisoners
    ~2nd Camp, rinse and repeat, read communique
    ~3rd Camp Died Twice, away team killed most Mobs inclding the Named Mob before Responding to my Help Call
    ~Verified no more mobs
    ~Clicked Consoles, released prisoners, watched movie

Problem:
    Subdue Tal Shiar not updating, have all other items on the list completed.

Could it be because I was not resurrected prior to all the mobs being killed I don't get credit?
    or
    Do I have to stay alive to win this?

Ticket: 1,432,892

I am a casual player with MK X & XI green weapons if more that this is needed guess I'm waiting a bit.

Yah know with all the changes that are "working as intended(tm)" and making this game harder than it needs to be, and a few of the devs and admins are not seeming care, I'm going elsewhere with my money for a while: EQ, Hellgate, Halo, Wizards101 and any other game I can find. Have fun all, I'll be back when my "give a damn" button isn't broke.

I assume you also took out the two bands of roving Romulan NPCs that patrol up and down the canyon paths? It's possible to bvypass them and kill the static camp MOBs; but to complete, you need to kill everything in there, roaming or not.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    redhawk44redhawk44 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I played this three frickin' times same result as the rest of you... This is still bugged please fix.
  • Options
    fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    All Mobs dead in the camps, in the "passageways" no red dots left on the map.
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

First Run :
    Had the shuttle recording mission sitting in my Journal since T2 popped. Waited on Devs to say Mission Fixed , go have fun.

So, Mountain pass Mission gathered JUST b4 entering (after the patch) plus The shuttle recording mission. Complete all objectives. Shuttle recording clears.
    No enemies left, whole map checked twice.
    Won't register kill the Tal Shiar objective so I can move on.

Second and Third Run :

Drop Mission (as you suggest BFlakes)
    Reacquire mission (Not having a CD timer issue)
    Except that the shuttle mission is no longer a part of the run, the result is exactly the same.

Will not register that Tal'Shiar enemies are all dead. Mission will not continue.

Just an opinion to pass on Brandon.
    It would seem to me that these "cut scenes" and unlockable by Tier Missions are all the "BIG" story reveal of the season. The Devs had time both before and after the Season launched to internally test this and make sure that a BIG , PLOT Reveal , showcasing the new hotness of the REP System and Story content tied together, etc etc wasn't bugged to the point that a mission related to it all is unfinishable for what seems a large number of your players.

I'll praise you guys when you do awesome.
    I have in the past, and been called part of the C.D.F. or a Cryptic apologist for it.
    So, if you're gonna hear about the awesome from me, you get to hear this to.

Having bugs is unavoidable. I get that.
    Not fixing a bug that is affecting the presentation of your new content, meant to sparkle and impress , and in your patch notes saying that you did fix it.
    Basically, the Devs look pretty freaking foolish right now about this.

Fix it.
    Don't tell us it's fixed until you have actually fixed it and verified that it is fixed.
    Try and make sure this doesn't happen again as people climb the Rep Tiers.
    It's already embarrassed you lot once.
    This is the shiny new stuff EVERYONE is going to be trying out.

Let it embarass you again and you look not just foolish, but incompetant as well.

You know, this, plus the fact that the Foundry still isn't working properly, nor is it available for editing, pretty much kills any interest I have in the game at this point.
    I'll watch the forums, to see when you guys get these things actually fixed.
    As it is, right now there is very little reason to log into the game at all.

Peace
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    At this point I haven't logged into the game yet or downloaded the patch but I wanted to give some info based on my experience with this mission.

#1) The 20 hour cooldown timer doesn't start until AFTER you talk to the contact and claim the reward. About a week ago I hit tier 2 and tried this mission when I found it bugged. I dropped the mission and was able to take it again right away. Did this until I managed to complete the mission after the 3rd try.

#2) Someone posted a workaround somewhere on the forums that seemed to work for me. When you first enter the mission your mission says something like "investigate the cave" or something. At the end of the tunnel where you spawn at the entrance of the mission, a group of Tal Shiar spawn and start coming toward you. At the end of this tunnel when you get there your mission updates to clear out the Tal Shiar. (After the tunnel is a large open area that has a group of enemies near consoles to click on and the first prisoner)

The workaround: As soon as you enter the mission run straight to the end of the tunnel and don't kill any enemies until you hit the trigger that updates your mission objective. Even with bridge officers not set to passive you should be able to get past the first group to hit the objective update. When I did this the last time I met the enemies right at the ened of the tunnel and triggered it just after I came into contact with them. (Press the Shift key -by default- to make your character run faster for those who may not know) *Note: this may not work for everybody*

What they need to do is either place the location of the "trigger" that updates your objective closer to your spawn in point at the mission entrance, add it to the first group of enemies to where it updates your mission as soon as you come into contact with them, or just remove the first objective to "investigate" or whatever it is and have your first objective be to defeat the Tal Shiar.