Options

Mountain Pass still Not completing

2»

Comments

• Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Or they just fix it.
    It is only a mission, the amount of bugs in this game is crazy.
  • Options
    klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So, I tried this mission out, I had no idea it was broken.

The first time, I couldn't seem to kill all the Tal'shiar agents. did a search and found this thread..

so the next time, I ran into the first patrol, and that part completed fine.

Then it got stuck on "recover stolen data"

The only inteactive console on the map is the cloaking device thing.

How did this mission miss a QA pass.. twice?
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    5th time through , using the "workaround" I finally got the mission to complete.
    Set all my Boffs to passive , trucked it into the 1st camp until all the mission objectives popped, then clicked off passive and bled some Tal Shiar and Hirogen into the dirt. For the 5th Kazzafargin time. And finally it completed.

We should not have to be using this "workaround" in order to make the mission work.
    I for example HAD to set my Boffs to passive or I couldn't get to the point where the objectives revealed without them killing someone.

It's a lame bug with a lame workaround.

Boo.
    Thumbs Down.
    1 Star rating if you were in the Foundry.
    2 because the music on New Romulus is now cooler than ice cream.

Initial Cutscene = Thumbs Up.
    Hidden Camera = Thumbs Up.
    Warehouse = Thumbs Up
    Second Cutscene = which you must do mountain pass to see ... Thumbs Up
    Mountain Pass = Thumbs , Both Of Em, WAAAY Down

This has killed my excitement, what there was of it, surrounding New Romulus and the "story" of Season 7. It just grinds the momentum to a halt. Pretty fully. I couldn't care less anymore.

Can we has a working Foundry back now please?
    Pretty Please ?
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2012
    Quick question -- did you drop the mission and then re-take it before completing it? That may do the trick :) Let us know.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yes, on tries 5,6,7 and 8. Giving up at this point.

Brandon - do you get the rising level of frustration?
  • Options
    matth431matth431 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's been improved - didn't bug for me - but I can see how some high DPS players could still massacre the first mob before the "Subdue Agents" popup occurs. Moving them further back has helped, but a team with sniper rifles could still take 'em out too early.

Perhaps initiate the popup from the first Romulan casualty? Or when they aggro?

Should add that I've tried multiple ways of completing the View Logs/Free Prisoners bits and these don't seem to matter - I never even view the cutscene these days - it was killing the first group prior to the objective popping up that was the issue. There was also a problem with Seeker Drones or other Engineer toys becoming allies if their owner was killed before they were, but this doesn't seem to be an issue lately.
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yesterday first try and i have finished it. Had problems on elite setting, but finish was without problems.
  • Options
    cheyrnoblcheyrnobl Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Mountain Pass on New Romulus still broken and not completing when all Tal Shiar are dead despite patch notes that say this was fixed.

Ok, PLEASE LISTEN CRYPTIC! I have gotten to the end of this mission as well. the last console to access does not complete the mission.

ALSO CRYPTIC PAY ATTENTION TO THIS GLITCH>>>> Make it so you do not have to pick up the local Mountain pass mission in order to get into the instance of this mission. It did not say anywhere in the mission description that you had to pick up the local mountain pass mission in order to get this instance button to show up. please fix this oversight!>>>>>>>>
    cc9efaec920f318ef8a1b6184b623258.gif
  • Options
    jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    worked fine for me today
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just wanted to add my report. Played this for the first time tonight and fell foul of the Tal Shiar kills not registering for Subdue Tal Shiar Agents. Dropped the mission, went back, and it was going to do it again, but I managed to get my away team into passive mode and ran through them to get the mission to update. It was a close run thing though, and certainly not "fixed".

Also, the enemy NPCs in this mission border on the ridiculous. My away team can usually handle itself pretty well against all comers, but we were dropping like flies in this mission. The standard Tal Shiar mobs were firing a weapon that one hit killed three of my BOFFs in one strike. The Hirogen at the top of the hill killed us four times in sucession on the first run, and three times on the second, by which point they had pushed us so far down the hill that we were respawning behind them! Most of the time the Hirogen were killing BOFFs with full health and shields in one round of shots. There's no way that can be right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    thedukeofrockthedukeofrock Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Quick question -- did you drop the mission and then re-take it before completing it? That may do the trick :) Let us know.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon, dropped and reaquired after Nov 30th patch, ran 3 times, still will not complete. Tried every possible order on objectives as well as fighting the Romulan head man with a Batleth to "subdue" him, still will not complete. Why is this such a problem to get working consistantly, evidently some have had success, some have not. Getting frustrating, I should have about 100 romulan marks for all my attempts.

Please try and get someone to fix this once and for all. Thanks.

Duke-of-Rock
    ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
    by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
  • Options
    seekeroftechseekeroftech Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The bug fix didn't go far enough as you can still take out the first wave of agents from range before triggering the "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" sub-objective.

The workaround still works, so until they fix it properly I guess it's still worth posting:

Workaround: Don't kill any Tal Shiar agents until you move into the first area and get the objective "Disrupt Tal Shiar Operations" which has the sub-objective "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents."

Don't kill the first wave until after you trigger the mission objective: Success
    Kill any of the first wave before reaching the point where the objective pops up: Cannot complete the Subdue Tal Shiar Agents.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    diotw wrote: »
    Also, the enemy NPCs in this mission border on the ridiculous. My away team can usually handle itself pretty well against all comers, but we were dropping like flies in this mission. The standard Tal Shiar mobs were firing a weapon that one hit killed three of my BOFFs in one strike. The Hirogen at the top of the hill killed us four times in sucession on the first run, and three times on the second, by which point they had pushed us so far down the hill that we were respawning behind them! Most of the time the Hirogen were killing BOFFs with full health and shields in one round of shots. There's no way that can be right.

Just tried this mission on one of my toons and it didnt complete (I didnt know about the workaround) however I have to agree with the above. The hirogen at the last camp are horrendously lethal and wiped me and my away team out far too easily with single shot kills. The respawn point is way too close to the fight area as the Hirogens/Tal Shiar were camping the respawn point. For this reason alone I will not be trying this mission again until the completion bug is fixed.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    kcchickkcchick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hirogen were impossibly hard. STILL cannot complete. I have given so much money to this friggin game that there should be NO BUGS AT ALL! I am NOT trying this again. Period.