test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Personnel Officer starbase upgrade stuck after Season 7 launch

kvetkvet Member Posts: 106 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
My federation fleet's Starbase Upgrade project was nearly finished when S7 launched -- we had all but a little Dilithum left to put in. It required 5 common Human boffs each of science, tactical and engineering. After S7, it required 10, but no one is able to put any more in - the contribute button won't activate even if you have the officers available. It's now stuck at 99% and we cannot start it... we have the necessary bridge officers, but they cannot be contributed. At this point, the fleet is unable to continue running Starbase upgrade projects at all.

I've filed a GM ticket, but have heard nothing back...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, same here, almost exact same problem my fleet is having.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same problema here, no way to advance my fleet... Privs Chilean Fleet is stuck by a bug... sad, very sad indeed...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • zunderdomezunderdome Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here, boffs block the upgrade projects now. Actually on kdf, but i think, not long to wait and we have the same problem for fed.

Hey Devs get up and fix this instead of fixing bugs for opticals... it's in your own mind to get this up, because than we can spend more money.... ohm i mean dilithium to the bases ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is Crypticverse...
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited November 2012
    already made a topic about this here last week, and stil nothing
  • revrunnorris42revrunnorris42 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yep project is stuck their in our Klingon fleet and cant contribute any Bridge Officer so we are stuck till it gets fixes.

Devs any time when this will get addressed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kvetkvet Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So, do devs, or even moderators or ANYONE with any knowledge of the full list of Known Issues ever actually comment on this forum? I'm wondering if this is really just a public service forum more akin to a "put your graffiti here instead of anywhere anyone actually looks" sort of thing. Given the quantity of posts, and the dearth of official replies (even something so small as "yep, we know about that one, thanks!") -- I'm leaning toward the latter...
    edited November 2012
    fix it !! or give us our dil back
  • alax2011alax2011 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fix it !! or give us our dil back

working as intended, nothing to see, move along please
    edited November 2012
    UPDATE: A Cryptic GM has responded to my in-game ticket. Nothing resolved yet, s/he was simply asking for more information. Still, I got a response, so I take back my earlier snark. I suppose with the launch of a new season, they're probably rather inundated with issues, so I'll be patient a little while longer :)
    edited November 2012
    update: Was supposed to be fixed in today's patch (nov 21), but it was NOT. here's a screenshot I took a few minutes ago (after patch): http://screencast.com/t/H9t9zMMl6h
  • nggdavidnggdavid Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can confirm that this bug exists (i've made my own post about it also)
  • tradiktradik Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I as well can confirm, in between getting disconnected every few seconds, that this project is STILL not accepting the common human boffs it is asking for.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6724221&postcount=39
    I've tracked down the issue at hand. It stems from not all Bridge Officers sharing the same defining config files.

So, while these projects are set up to accept generic Boffs of the associated types, those Boffs are only currently obtained thru receiving a "Failure" outcome on Duty Officer assignments that recruit that species of Boff. The ones purchased at stores, or received from mission completion, are different config files, even though they share the same Display names. Therefore they cannot be used for these projects at this time.

We'll be updating the Projects to accept a wider range of Bridge Officers (hopefully encompassing all possibilities), and should have that fix in next week's patch.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    edited November 2012
    This is unacceptable... We are spending a week waiting to hear that we need to wait another week? Why not fix it today????
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited November 2012

j-man i think it should be pointed out that our fleet has this problem also and before s7 for bridge officers it was 3 sets of 5/5 required so full. s7 we logged in and it says 5/10 and can't contribute.

i hope that helps.
    edited November 2012
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    j-man i think it should be pointed out that our fleet has this problem also and before s7 for bridge officers it was 3 sets of 5/5 required so full. s7 we logged in and it says 5/10 and can't contribute.

i hope that helps.

It's happenstance, but part of the same issue.

Short version: Project used to require Purple Boffs. Purple Boffs have a single item config file for reasons I'm not entirely certain of. Whites have multiple (up to a dozen per species), which is causing the Project failure.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's happenstance, but part of the same issue.

Short version: Project used to require Purple Boffs. Purple Boffs have a single item config file for reasons I'm not entirely certain of. Whites have multiple (up to a dozen per species), which is causing the Project failure.

glad your on the case :)
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the note Jeremy, that explains a lot. It's a little bizarre that it's set up that way, but I know how these sorts of things can splinter. It IS a little bit frustrating that it won't be fixed until next week, since it's blocking our progression (although, we're still accumulating XP, so I guess there's that). Maybe a good opportunity to make some DRY improvements? :)

Thanks for working on it and keep us updated.
    edited November 2012
    So are there ANY BOFFS that can be added successfully Jeremy?

Yes. The White Boffs received by having a FAILURE outcome on the appropriate Bridge Officer Recruitment duty officer assignments, can be donated to these projects.

If you're desperate to fill the buckets before we get this fix live, that's your workaround.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    edited November 2012
    patch did not fix this
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    patch did not fix this

Todays patch didn't either.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • xelkhasxelkhas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Still there.
  • liquidraven26liquidraven26 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This bug really sucks...any updates?
    edited November 2012
    Still not fixed... and we've been waiting 2 weeks!
  • deanatroideanatroi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same problem here, really frustrating!!!
  • kirk595kirk595 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Patch not fixed yet still frustrated.
    Fleet: Next generation Gaming
    In-game name: John@kirk595
    Position: Fleet Recruitment Redentions officer
    edited November 2012
    fix the damn bug !!
  • savron1savron1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm not quite sure what our fleet is going to do. Every day my fleet doesn't complete this assignment the more demoralized and unmotivated they seem to become. This bug has halted our fleets progress at a crucial time. Specifically, my fleet will have to go without while others continue about their progress. I wish I could articulate what not fixing this bug in a timely manner has meant to my fleet. The wind has been taken out of our sails and our momentum stymied, meanwhile our efforts to maintain an active community around Star Trek can not be sated with neither the three same reoccurring starbase projcets nor the embassy projects. Our most motivated players and the fleet as a whole are beginning to suffer. Accepting delayed gratification is one thing, but being abandoned is another.

Can someone please tell me whether my fleet will continue to suffer a fate worse than death, i.e, forced inactivity through no fault of our own?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onenonlydrockonenonlydrock Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thought the latest patch was supposed to fix this personnel officer bug.

Nope. Still stuck.

Come on... do something about this already!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    well no fleet can do tier 5 now, all stuck