test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Personnel Officer starbase upgrade stuck after Season 7 launch

Comments

• onenonlydrockonenonlydrock Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    On top of that... the tier 3 shipyard is coming up for my fleet. I was looking forward to getting my new Fleet Excelsior.

Can't get it now. Gotta wait for our personnel officer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nggdavidnggdavid Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Seems like alot of others are having this issue - I wonder when they'll fix it?
  • midnighttangomidnighttango Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not only did today's patch not work for the Project BUG that we are all talking about. But there are other issues that a lot of us are having issues with. For example, When I play any one of my Characters, I move them forward into a room and all of a Sudden, my Characters ends up going back to where I started from. It is like that with my ship at times..Here lately with my Ships and my Characters it is like taking 2 steps forward and 20 steps backwards. I don't want this to sound rude, but to be honest it is quit annoying. Our Fleet Need these things fixed. Today's patch was a large one and according to the our Fleet, We are not seeing the Fix or any changes to the Main Issues we started talking about. I figured since we are all talking about Bugs an things that need to be fixed, I would add just a couple extra things. I (as just one of the Fleet Members) hope that you are able to fix these issues as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for reading our posts and trying to fix these issues.

MidnightTango
    MIDNIGHTTANGO
    RENEGADE CONTINUUM Div.1 FLEET COMMAND
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not only did today's patch not work for the Project BUG that we are all talking about. But there are other issues that a lot of us are having issues with. For example, When I play any one of my Characters, I move them forward into a room and all of a Sudden, my Characters ends up going back to where I started from. It is like that with my ship at times..Here lately with my Ships and my Characters it is like taking 2 steps forward and 20 steps backwards. I don't want this to sound rude, but to be honest it is quit annoying. Our Fleet Need these things fixed. Today's patch was a large one and according to the our Fleet, We are not seeing the Fix or any changes to the Main Issues we started talking about. I figured since we are all talking about Bugs an things that need to be fixed, I would add just a couple extra things. I (as just one of the Fleet Members) hope that you are able to fix these issues as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for reading our posts and trying to fix these issues.

MidnightTango

That what you describe is rubber-banding or LAG, a big one. that's on your side of things.
    However this issue witjh starbase project we have too, and there are already 3 topics on it.
    Our fleet is also stuck on this. please fix it
    Please fix it.

Please fix it.
    edited December 2012
    I wonder if they even read these posts...
    edited December 2012
    Because waiting 2 weeks for this project bug to be fixed is unbelievable considering the amount of real world cash that we put into our fleet every day/week...
  • mordred024mordred024 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've played STO for a while and enjoy it. Now we have a Starbase project locked due to a coding issue. We have waited for 2 weeks for this to be addressed an nothing. You want ppl to play the game an ppl like me to spend money, but why should I spend money on a game when no effort to fix the game is shown. This problem has held up 400 ppl from advancing. Please fix this problem.
  • nggyuringgyuri Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is taking for ever.
  • kar1972kar1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nggdavid wrote: »
    I wonder if they even read these posts...

Only the ones that we troll on :D
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Because waiting 2 weeks for this project bug to be fixed is unbelievable considering the amount of real world cash that we put into our fleet every day/week...

well... we have been stuck on the heart of targ (mind you we are one of the bigger fleets, so we could afford anything anytime) for two or three weeks, before it got a nerf, then ran into one of these bugs.
    so basically one of the biggest costumer group of theirs is not capable of the one thing the developers would want them to do FOR MORE THAN A MONTH. purchasing ingame things for RL money.

on one hand we are annoyed by the halt, on the other they do not get their money... this should have been sorted out, or just dumped a long ago

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • xelkhasxelkhas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Still not fixed, althoug Changelog does mention this to be fixed - not working here.
    edited December 2012
    Any news on this?
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xelkhas wrote: »
    Any news on this?

It should b fixed (at least it was for my fleet as of the last patch on 12/6/12 after not taking any of the correct Boffs for two weeks.) That said, it only takes Common (white) Human Boffs, and no other type. If it's still not working for y9our Fleet, you should /bug it and probably also open a GM ticket.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited December 2012
    Hm - why common white, i mean its not "doff - duty officer", its boff, really white?
    "Personal officer" KDF project. It tells me that we have to add very rare purple klingon boff (bridge officer candidate).
    This is for tactical, science and engineering.
    Each says very rare purple, all klingon.

Got many of them - still the button is inactive (progress of all 3 is at 7/15). So i should reopen a new Bug?
    Filed already GM ticket but got no answer.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xelkhas wrote: »
    Hm - why common white, i mean its not "doff - duty officer", its boff, really white?
    "Personal officer" KDF project. It tells me that we have to add very rare purple klingon boff (bridge officer candidate).
    This is for tactical, science and engineering.
    Each says very rare purple, all klingon.

Got many of them - still the button is inactive (progress of all 3 is at 7/15). So i should reopen a new Bug?
    Filed already GM ticket but got no answer.

IDK - the "Station Personnel Officer on Starbase" we had that was stuck (Fed Side); and was fixed as of the 12/6/12 patch - (IE we could donate and get it completed) took only Common (White) Human Boffs (10 of each 'class').

Hate to say this, but is it possible they didn't look at the KDF side of things?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited December 2012
    Possible *sigh*
  • christopher1960#5251 christopher1960 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    yeah well 3/07/2024 i Klingon fleet project and cant contribute any Bridge Officers to tier 3 upgrade so the problem is still here lol :'(
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,858 Arc User
    yeah well 3/07/2024 i Klingon fleet project and cant contribute any Bridge Officers to tier 3 upgrade so the problem is still here lol :'(

Have you made sure that all the Specializations in the Filters list are checked/ticked? Also, are they at the right rarity?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • adamwilson1986adamwilson1986 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I have this same issue, it is a continuation now, we are now unfortunately stuck, We just can't get passed anywhere, we have tried multiple people too, It just won't stop filtering through every thing that seems to be an issue since 2012, i did give a ticket in and so did my fleet mates, unfortunately if this happens i cannot upgrade our kdf base to tier 4 which means for now thats screwed the progress!
  • pec3pec3 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    There is a bug on KDF side strabase where I have to put white bridge officers in starbase project. I put 10 White KDF bridge officers out of 45 that project needs and few days later I can not put more in.
    I have bridge officers, but I can not select them and put them in.

Fix the problem
  • ivanstoivansto Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Dear STO Developers and Community menagers

Today I wrote the second ticket on this particular issue. I was assured as always that the developers are looking into it, and will have a patch in the future. Also I was reassured that Dvelopers read the Forum so I decided to post in here as well. Many of my Fleetmates have reported this well-known bug.

I am very disappointed to see that this game breaking, years old bug has not been addressed as a priority, considering that many other players have been experiencing the same issue for years now. In my past 11 years of playing this game, according to my log, I spent thousands of euros on this game. Why, not up to you ask this question.

In whole honesty, since this is years old bug, I doubt it will be addressed properly in the near future.

However, resolving vanity issues - Ship Logos seems to be your priority as given in today's patch notes posted by Fero today, July 18, 2024:

"Resolved an issue with the Mirror Crossfield (Open Shuttlebay) having Starfleet insignia instead of Terran Empire insignia."

Our issue with Starbase does not even list under Patch notes: Known issues. Since your priority is vanity issues and ship insignia rather than years old game breaking bugs for old, loyal players and customers, either remove this upgrade manually from peoples' fleets so that they can progress through the game or install a CANCEL project button. If you are unable to resolve the issue, help us resolve it for ourselves. Ignoring it will not increase your player population and we can survive WITHOUT personnel offcer on Starbase
    edited August 17
    (flame/troll/rant redacted) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,802 Community Moderator
    Dear sweet merciful heavens this post is ancient. That said, let's keep things calm in here.

@ivansto If you've filed tickets on this, PM me your ticket numbers and I will fire some inquiries up the chain to see what the deal is there. I've heard of variants of this bug, but never this one specifically. I will make sure the proper people see this.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • adamwilson1986adamwilson1986 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Hey @darkbladejk heres my original ticket, i have also sent a pm of my additional tickets :) hope this helps https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1274172/cannot-donate-bridge-officers-to-starbase-project

hopefully we can get it fixed soon :)

If you can work your magic it would be really awesome :D thank you so so much!
  • juergen#7318 juergen Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have had the same problem for many weeks and only ever get standard answers from support.
    I have sent this to German support, but hopefully you can help here too.
    Ticket #1108158 - Related Date July 13, 2024
  • nemestis#5095 nemestis Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Because waiting 2 weeks for this project bug to be fixed

2 weeks..? Keeping in mind the original post is from 2012, make the maths... i dont think they are going to fix something in 2 weeks when it has been broken more than a decade... that said. I hope im wrong and i have to eat my words lol.
    As of today the bug has been fixed! Thank you all
  • nemestis#5095 nemestis Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Not in my case, unfortunately, but maybe it just need time.