test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic's compromise - are we happy with it?

12346»

Comments

• xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hell no i ant happy with it if any thing they made the game worse then what it was in season six this game is going down the tube fast i am seeing less people showing up in my friends list and i got a pretty big one.And i barely see 10 on at a time.

This new season sucks too much work and not enough gain grind grind grind it is getting worse.I did not mind grinding for the starbase but now i can not.Main reason not enough freaking Dilithium sorry to say but it is true they took too much Dilithium away.First they took out the Dilithium on STF's and gave us less and then they took out the Daily Officer reports witch really ticked me off.

15min for a Daily is total BS there is no reason for this.

They made STF's 3 times harder and not much gain.This is such BS.

I am not spending another dime on this freaking game till they fix these issues and if i where every body eles i would do the same.

The less money they make i am pretty sure they will start to compromise when they start making less money.

Season seven is most likely the worst one in this game.:mad::mad::mad:

I was kinda happy at the start saying oh we get romulan chars to play but no we did not even get that we got TRIBBLE say the lest we got these stupid bases and junk.

We do not need a freaking Reputation UI it is stupid Do we really need a Embassy nooo I wanted a romulan char to play and so did many others not this TRIBBLE bad enough we had to deal with the star base setup that i did not mind but this new TRIBBLE is TRIBBLE.Just another way too make us use all of are EC and Dilithium basically every body is poor bye now with the star base build.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bump

Another chance for this thread after the new patch!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xcom43 wrote: »
    Season seven is most likely the worst one in this game.:mad::mad::mad:

It is. I think only the F2P patch compares, but it wasn't this antagonistic, if not downright meanspirited, toward players as S7.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • chuckingramchuckingram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    **** no!

It's an insult to say they listen but then change one of the LEAST of the problems they just introduced. Adding dilithium back to STFs is a small portion of the problems they've just added. THe entire game is a dil sink now. That's the problem. DOFFs costing THOUSANDS of dil per day is the problem.

The result is still a net loss of thousands of dil per day as compared to season6.

**** NO, I'm not happy with thier "compromise" (which can barely even be called that).

You're so right it hurts.
  • fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Played S7 for a couple days and gave up.

They turned me into an alt player, now I've found I can't return to just one or two characters.
    My alts have c-store ships, and fleet gear.

Now I'm considered an exploiter for having used alts and an invisible account dilithium cap has been imposed.

I had lots of free time this week, didn't waste it in game.

I'll be flush with cash these next few months, not inspired to share it here.

In the last 14 days I've played the equivalent of 3 days or so, when before the dil changes I'd be on nightly for hours.

Last post on the subject for me. I'm tired of complaining to people that don't care.

ciao
  • tosmessharrtosmessharr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have spent $700 on this game between a lifetime sub for 200 and the the other 500 on lock boxes. I have received NOT ONE rare lockbox ship. Yet when I log on to the game I find it so ridiculously over priced to use or aquire dilithium that I'll HAVE to buy more zen just to convert to dilithium if I need dilithium. I haven't donated to my fleet in over a week, and I hardly play the game now for more than ten minutes a day. I guess I'll log on atleast once or twice a week since I wasted money on a lifetime subscription. You know Cryptic... I paid a lifetime sub for the game as is. Atleast I could buy some zen.. an outfit, or some lock box keys. NOT HAVE TO BUY ZEN TO KEEP DILITHIUM STORES UP! You should have made ONE SMALL CHANGE, then surveyed it to see if it worked. Not TRIBBLE up everything in some way and tell us to deal with it. Not when some of us have payed you for a "lifetime" and spent hundreds of dollors in six months. You know... you don't have to appease us. And sure.. you don't have to have our permission when you do things.. But I'd sure as heck make sure you aren't going to absolutely ENRAGE your players and cause them not to want to play by changing things YOU ALREADY HAD IN PLACE YOURSELVES!!

Anyway, I may be so bored and/or sick of the grind that I do not play at all in a few weeks. I just wanted to let everyone here know once and for all. BUYING ZEN IS A WASTE. I tested the odds on boxes. 500 lockboxes = NO SHIP. You'd think they'd give you a guarantee after that many boxes you'd get to pick one ship. Cryptic will not get another cent from me. And I hope you are doing the math Cryptic 700 dollars in six months... good lawd I've paid you for about 3 years worth already. I'll be sure to tell everyone I see exactly how you run this game and do my best to keep them from coming.

DOFFs - overpriced now
    DOFF recruitment assignment = overpriced now
    TWO reputation factions = tedious, time consuming, click click clicking
    ... and you must gather marks for BOTH factions
    STF's = screwed up on loot now.
    Starbase - now receive less from players because of the Embassy and TWO rep factions.

the list goes on...
    I'm out. Atleast if I watch Star Trek TOS - Kirk won't keep asking me for handouts for shoddy work!
  • robuillerobuille Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I want to thank Stahl and Branflakes for hearing us out and putting dilithium back into the system. Today's change with omega mark to dilithium conversion solves the dilithium problem entirely. I no longer have any doubts that PW isn't renewing their license to Star Trek. We can now collect a reasonable amount of dilithium and our starbases can no start progressing again. Thank you Cryptic. Thank you PW. Just thank you.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The patch reads like a good step. But it's not enough to tear me away from my new main MMO. Free market in play, and another company snatched up my patronage.

And they don't have a Farmville system that makes alts impossible.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.