test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you log in less/Play less since Season 7?

born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
I have dropped the amount of play time by 70% since season 7 started.

How has your experience been? What do you notice from your friends/fleet mate?

How do you compare your time spent now with compared to 2 weeks into season 6?
Post edited by born2bwild1 on

Comments

• hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Logging in about the same amount.
    But in the game itself more as i cannot access the Foundry editor yet.
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Being on disability, meant I can play as much as I want to. Season 6 it was 8-10 hours a day.

Since Season 7 hit, I'm playing roughly 3-4.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Ha, another season 6 vs season 7 thread.... I'll bite.

Honest answer: Nope, play as much if not more. Starting to feel a bit burned out. All I do is run STFs, SB24, New Romulus, and the sector patrol over and over.

Then I fiddle on the exchange:
    I sell the purps from SB24, since most of other people's builds are terrible and getting first place is mostly effortless. I buy major regens and large hypos from vendors and sell them to lazy people or idiots on the exchange for 5 to 10 times as much. These people then probably complain on the forums that stuff for the reputation system costs too much.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Haven't changed playtime a bit :D

Though instead of Dil grinding, I'm now playing Deferi Invasion far more, building up a store of marks before I even begin to work on Omega reputation ;)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • dublinraiderdublinraider Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Playing less, estimating about 50% to 75% less. :eek:
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes and no. I am much less motivated when I play and tend to tab out more often. In addition I tend to choose other options for my free time but not all the time.

I'd say 15% less play time, 40% less productive playtime. I actually sat their and spun my ship for like five minutes deciding on which grind to work on outside DS9 the other day lol.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll be honest, I have started playing less and playing a certain another F2P game, just to enjoy a game with story and to get away from the grind overload.

I'll log into STO late at night, do my dailies and Rep, and log off. Starbase and Embassy work is down to a trickle, since everyone got burnt out.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope, I play a lot more in Season 7, and have noticed more people playing also. Our fleet activity has definitely picked up more.
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I buy major regens and large hypos from vendors and sell them to lazy people or idiots on the exchange for 5 to 10 times as much. These people then probably complain on the forums that stuff for the reputation system costs too much.

Yep... I see this alot. 1200ec for a Large Hypo, when you can them for 320 from a vendor. Or better yet, pay 1200 for Provisions on the exchange, when you can rep them for 150
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been playing more. trying to get my stuff sold on the exchange and make my main toons massively powerful.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    defenetly playing more, this is afterall my main game.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Less, but S7 is not my only reason...

Getting into the holiday season, I work more hours so I can spoil the hell outta my wives and kids. :)

My game time picks up quite a bit after January, working at least my main through his rep stuff tho.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    At this point, you're really only asking the people who absolutely love everything Stahl has done, those who hang on because they have so much invested and hope things turn better, and people who are not playing but checking in on the forums to see if the devs get their heads on straight. Not that the question shouldn't be asked, but the answers you're looking for don't care anymore and aren't here.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I log the same amount of time as always
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »
    At this point, you're really only asking the people who absolutely love everything Stahl has done, those who hang on because they have so much invested and hope things turn better, and people who are not playing but checking in on the forums to see if the devs get their heads on straight. Not that the question shouldn't be asked, but the answers you're looking for don't care anymore and aren't here.

You must not have much experience in online gaming forums. Haters will troll the forum for months after they've "stopped playing". Season 7 just isn't that bad, regardless of how much some people want to pretend otherwise.
  • tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Spending about the same amount of time in-game, but seriously starting to look at it as a waste of time.

Am advancing 1 main, and 4 alts through the OMEGA and ROM systems, but unless the ability to earn Dilithium improves, doubt that they will be getting any sets.

Contributions to a StarBase are at a dead stop.

Any discretionary spending in STO is at a dead stop.
    Netflix and the local pizza place can have that. ( They deliver, without bugs.. )

Biding my time, to see what might come with Sn 8.... rumours of "more of the same", have me feeling uneasy.

Active daily logins on "Friends List" is getting sparser.

Not liking that there really isn't any skill required to play Sn 7, and that anything that did from the past is being killed off. ( am not a good player, just found it challenging and fun to learn and improve )

Will watch and see...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've pretty much dropped the game at this point.
  • tanhousertanhouser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Playing less because foundry is offline. Once it's hooked back up should be about the same. Season 7 is pretty cool, but I prefer the episode format.

Hooray for MMO fan fiction!
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Interesting feedback so far - there are a lot of people here who seem to like season 7 and are playing as much or more - are you actually liking what you are doing or just grinding the system?

And that begs the question why are you grinding? To get better gear to grind more efficiently? - lol

Because out side of PvP all that extra rep and gear gets you is less time you go boom or die and respawn - so why are YOU grinding? I really am interested in peoples logic - I know all end game MMO's are a bit of a grind but if you are not a regular PvPer - why are you grinding to get better stuff - just to grind more with that better stuff?

Seems like a hamster on a wheel - is that what we all are?
  • trenttylertrenttyler Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Much less, probably around 75% less time in game. Shame really, i had returned from about 6-9 months away from game due to school, and was really enjoying the game, more so than since launch.

Now, i log, check Doff's, (which i hate BTW), and then log off.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am very distracted right now by a different game that has an interesting and fun story. Sorry STO. If I want to mow a virtual yard, I'll mow a virtual yard, so maybe you'll be my virtual yard to mow sometime in the future.

right now I am floored by a different game that has a wonderful story, with characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have dropped the amount of play time by 70% since season 7 started.

How has your experience been? What do you notice from your friends/fleet mate?

How do you compare your time spent now with compared to 2 weeks into season 6?

Well, I was spending an average of about 20-30 hours per week prior to season 7. Now, I'm spending 0 time on it. I logged in once to check out the reputation system, but I found it way too grindy to justify putting any time into it. Once more FE's and KDF storyline is released, grinding out the rep system will be worth it. Until then, you won't find me touching season 7.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    About the same as before for me.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    Less, but S7 is not my only reason...

Getting into the holiday season, I work more hours so I can spoil the hell outta my wives and kids. :)

My game time picks up quite a bit after January, working at least my main through his rep stuff tho.

Your signature is awesome.

I too am playing far less but mainly becuase from my drawpoint to STO being less of a draw.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • groomlake32groomlake32 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I log in hours per day less.....and ive stopped spending all EC/Dilith/Zen except for just leveling this asinine reputation system.....
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Even though I don't do anything with the rep system, refuse all friend requests and refuse to join a fleet, I'm actually playing more. Starting to get more into the foundry missions. And I'm spending a little more time in the forums...mostly to laugh at all the whiners and criers (part of the reason I refuse friend and fleet requests).:D
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, but for reasons other than the Seasons Quality.
  • suprcheesesuprcheese Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hmm, no not really. Season 7 happened around Thanksgiving break, meaning I had lots of free time, so I played a lot of games, STO included. Now there's only a couple weeks of university until Christmas break, meaning yet again, more time for video games.

tl;dr: my university schedule dictates how much I play games, not game updates themselves.
    There is no problem in the galaxy that cannot be solved with sufficient application of firepower.
  • avarseiravarseir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I log in the same amount of times in a day but spend less time playing the game between logins. (ie. i log in about 3-4 times a day and spend on average 2 hrs playing the game previously. Now i still log in about 3-4 times a day but spend on average 15mins in the game, only playing longer if i need more omega/romulan marks from STFs or Rommy missions).

Last time I used to play STFs after STFs to get my proto tech drops, but now I just login to set my Doff projects and check my Rep projects. I only play STFs/Rommy Missions occasionally when my marks have been depleted (maybe 1-2 missions a day).

I kinda liked it though, because now I have the time to actually play other games.. I've recently bought GW2 and found that its a pretty interesting game. I've also started playing XCOM, rekindling my childhood love for that franchise. I'm doing all this despite managing my own grains trading company, a family (1 daughter :P), and weekend sessions of golf and occasional fishing trips.

Before S7, I hardly have any time to play other games and spend weekends playing for the elusive proto tech.

So thank you Cryptic, S7 has given me some space to take a deep breath and much needed break from STFs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]