test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'Second Wave' not completing.

2»

Comments

• sheepwillprevailsheepwillprevail Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ah, so it's not me :) I had the Jem'Hadar VI rifle and the rest of the set at XI. So I tried again today. After the warp to Bajor the quest is reset. I tried twice before I found this topic.

On my first try I started the mission from sector space. After docking at DS9 on arrival the Second Wave mission description popped up. I restarted the mission from there but to no avail.

This is kind of annoying :(
  • jamesmaxwell2jamesmaxwell2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Looks like the mission might be getting fixed after all. Should of figured that we'd have to wait till Thursday for Cryptic to do some maintenance on the server to fix a number of issues. Like...breaking some missions after releasing Season 6....

Well, being CST/GMT-6, I have to wait till NOON for the server to be up, and to see if Second Wave will actually Complete this time.
  • jamesmaxwell2jamesmaxwell2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yup, the mission is fixed. I only wish we could skip ALL Cinematics because of how many times we all repeated this mission. I mean, who wants to sit through listening to the Tellarite Admiral who'll get killed later? Or listen to the ambassadors 'try' to bicker about their own problems. It should be a choice to watch these Cinematics, not a Must.
  • steeleroddsteelerodd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope, the Mission is not fixed. After the conference with the Ambassadors and the Dominion attacks through the wormhole...when I try to leave the conference room, it loads the promanade then it loads me right back into the conference room.

Have tried everything about 20 times with the same results.
  • luckyjesperluckyjesper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    steelerodd wrote: »
    Nope, the Mission is not fixed. After the conference with the Ambassadors and the Dominion attacks through the wormhole...when I try to leave the conference room, it loads the promanade then it loads me right back into the conference room.

Having the EXACT same problem.
  • icefall1icefall1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also having same problem for last week. Try 2 or 3 times a day but no luck. I've noticed that S'taass refuses to show a [Mission Completion] dialog box no matter what responses I give him. :(

I've also completed all of the "Disarming Diplomats" in order before talking to the next diplomat without any change in the final results.
  • makinmanavari21makinmanavari21 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Same problem here, tried about 3 times. Last time doing all the disarming diplomats quests which didnt make a difference.
  • peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

same exact thing happening here on my new KDF toon :mad:
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
    edited November 2012
    Anyone find a work around yet?
  • icefall1icefall1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Not yet for solo play. I've heard, but not tried, that going as a group will get you through. I just don't know how far or if everyone gets credit.

S'taass is the hangup (using lv 45 KDF). So far I do everything in order including side quests.

Part 1: Disarming Diplomats
    1) Talk to S'taass and take all 3 of his quests and complete them.
    2) Talk to Capt. Shon
    3) Talk to Rugan Skyl and acquire the Kanar
    4) Talk to Ambassador Surah and get the Holosuite reservation.
    5) Find the missing Admiral and go to the conference.

Part 2: Conference Conflicts
    After the Admiral is done talking I follow the mission tracker for who to convince first.

1) Convince Skyl: Use the "What about your family?" dialog to advance to the "Mission Completion" dialog box.
    2) Convince Surah: Use the "This isn't about balance, this is about stopping the Borg" dialog to advance to the "Mission Completion" dialog box.
    3) Convince Shon: Use the "I thought that mutual protection was one of the tenets" dialog to advance to the "Mission Completion" dialog box.
    4) Convince S'taass: Use "You talk about honor. Doesn't your honor require you to fight with all your strength against an enemy like the Borg?" dialog. Go to "Is it honorable to hold back your full strength in a fight?".

From there I haven't been able to get the correct dialog box from the options available. Takes awhile to get to this point so I haven't gone any further yet.

Good luck.

After leaving DS-9 conference room by beaming to ship, I went to Qo'noS and did a different mission. Returned to DS-9 and completed this part of the mission without any problems. Currently working on "Boldly They Rode" with out any problems so far.
  • peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well I found yet another bug for Second Wave.

It has finally let me out of the conference room. Now when I get to the very end in the docking bay and kill the Elder it doesn't highlight the wall hatch and give me the option of returning to my ship. I went back and made sure all the ambassadors followed me to the docking bay and still wasn't able to go back to my ship for the space battle.

Something somewhere is causing this mission to hang up in a few places.
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • dekkartdekkart Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Are you sure you killed the Elder? For me he is missing, so I can't complete the mission because there is no way to kill him...
    edited November 2012
    icefall1 wrote: »
    Not yet for solo play. I've heard, but not tried, that going as a group will get you through. I just don't know how far or if everyone gets credit.

Have not found someone to group for this to see if this works, has anyone tried the grouping work around?
  • ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I read through a bunch of posts on the test server, nothing about Second Wave popped up. I can only assume there is no plan to fix the problem in the next patch/update.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    peter1z9 wrote: »
    Well I found yet another bug for Second Wave.

It has finally let me out of the conference room. Now when I get to the very end in the docking bay and kill the Elder it doesn't highlight the wall hatch and give me the option of returning to my ship. I went back and made sure all the ambassadors followed me to the docking bay and still wasn't able to go back to my ship for the space battle.

Something somewhere is causing this mission to hang up in a few places.

I've had this happen several times running this mission along with significant latency.

I've run several traceroutes and I'm seeing the same lag spikes in the same relay.

Therefore, I surmise given the combination of the two that this may be caused by server latency and the server not properly updating your mission progress.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ok , this "solution " let's you progress with this mission ( both when stuck in conference room and being unable to open hatch ) :

- play the mission until you're passed the entire dialogue thing in conference room ( doesn't matter if you succeed or fail in convincing the delegates ) if you're stuck in conference room : beam to your ship and leave the DS 9 system

- instead of clicking "approach DS 9 " click "continue second wave "You'll be back in conference room but can now leave to promenade . Proceed until it says you have arrived at a new respawn point and then to shipyard . Kill the elder or assault officer and all other foes .I f you cannot open hatch after doing that beam to ship again and leave ds 9 system
    - again click "continue second wave " and you should start at the last respawn point ( which should be just outside conference room )
    - proceed as before kill elder etc.and you should now be able to open hatch

It isn't an ideal solution but at least enables you to complete it .... trick is when stuck beam out and make sure to also leave ds 9 system an click "continue second wave " instead of trying to continue from inside station

tested on one fed and two kdf toons and working...
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dekkart wrote: »
    Are you sure you killed the Elder? For me he is missing, so I can't complete the mission because there is no way to kill him...

Same thing happened to me. I noticed the enemy I was suppose to kill in the shipyard never showed up. After beaming up to my ship and selecting to continue (without dropping and restarting the whole episode) it would usually show up for me.
  • kirschtkirscht Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Haven't tried the beaming in and out thing yet but I will. This was totally frustrating and I grew more and more despondant as I read through this thread. But afterwards, as I lay losing sleep over it, I thought about the above quote and realized how this bug inadvertantly added more realism to the game than anything else could have.

If you think about the missions of the enterprise, none of them went right. Kirk would call his department heads together for a meeting and ask for "a work around". They had to put their heads together and work the problem, considering all the alternatives because, as Spock says, there are always alternatives. So through this bug we all got to be real starfleet officers for a little while. (well, you all did, I just caught the end of the show on this one). Having said that - I'd really like it if there weren't anymore bugs.
  • gonzo8519#8452 gonzo8519 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2016
    Not even letting me start second wave.... completed new link twice, and not letting me advance at ds9.... any advice
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Are you playing on PC or Console. If console, then I do not know what the problem could be.

If you are playing STO PC, then have you started the Yesterday's War story arc? It was added as part of the Agents of Yesterday expansion and the first mission for a character that was not started in the 23rd Century is called "The Once And Future Agent" which is just an intro mission to get you to travel back to your home world to basically introduce you to the real first 1st mission that is part of this Temporal War called "The Core Of The Matter".

For the Fed faction Yesterday's War starts after the Klingon War story arc. For the KDF it starts after Vigilance story arc. For the Romulan Republic the it starts after the In Shadows story arc. "The Core of the Matter" is a level 20 mission. After completing the mission the Yesterday's War story arc jumps to after the end of the Cardassian Struggle story arc. The second mission called " Vorgon Conclusions" is a level 43 mission and it must be completed before you can start the Breen Invasion story arc.
  • keyonms25#2181 keyonms25 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'm playing the console version and It's not letting me start Second Wave or advance at DS9 either. I also completed new link twice. When I get to DS9 it's just Cmdr Sarish Minna in ops and I just have "Who are you?" and "exit" for dialogue options. When I try hailing for the mission start I just get Cmdr Mesi Achebe saying "Time is short". It looks like he's on Bajor
  • mandaro3mandaro3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @keyonms25#2181 said:
    > I'm playing the console version and It's not letting me start Second Wave or advance at DS9 either. I also completed new link twice. When I get to DS9 it's just Cmdr Sarish Minna in ops and I just have "Who are you?" and "exit" for dialogue options. When I try hailing for the mission start I just get Cmdr Mesi Achebe saying "Time is short". It looks like he's on Bajor

I ran into the same problem as you and what I found out was I was not the right level. I was level 40 which is Rear admiral lower half, but I found out by going to the mission select in the menu you can't start the mission until you get to level 42 Rear admiral lower half. So all I did was level to 42 and then I could do the mission. So I would check your level and if you are not lvl 42 replay a few missions until you are.
  • keyonms25#2181 keyonms25 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    mandaro3 wrote: »
    > @keyonms25#2181 said:
    > I'm playing the console version and It's not letting me start Second Wave or advance at DS9 either. I also completed new link twice. When I get to DS9 it's just Cmdr Sarish Minna in ops and I just have "Who are you?" and "exit" for dialogue options. When I try hailing for the mission start I just get Cmdr Mesi Achebe saying "Time is short". It looks like he's on Bajor

I ran into the same problem as you and what I found out was I was not the right level. I was level 40 which is Rear admiral lower half, but I found out by going to the mission select in the menu you can't start the mission until you get to level 42 Rear admiral lower half. So all I did was level to 42 and then I could do the mission. So I would check your level and if you are not lvl 42 replay a few missions until you are.

Thanks! I had to get to lvl 43 to get in. I read about the 42 thing on another site, but it still didn't let me go. I did a couple of deep space battles and patrol missions to get my lvl up. I got stuck in the conference room too. Had to abort and replay the "intruder" part and it worked on the second run.
  • kruszer#6847 kruszer Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    2021 now: This mission is STILL broken. It crashes as soon as I clear 3 or 4 groups of Jem'hadar ships in the space portion (Flee Circus). When I reboot the game I'm back in the mission, the officer tells me "We've done all we can here" and it warps me to Bajor. Then the mission objectives are telling me I need to go back to DS9 to continue which just starts that space battle over again. ???