test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'Second Wave' not completing.

shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
How long has the Dominion feature series been over with?

Second Wave *still* has a bug that makes it fail to complete, resetting it to the very beginning ("Go to Deep Space Nine") after playing through the *whole* mission.

I've had to repeat the mission *THREE* times so far, and it's reset every time. This is ridiculous. I'd skip the mission but it's a necessity for the ground set.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
Post edited by shantavi on

Comments

• tyranaaltyranaal Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Bumping this. Running into the same issue with Second Wave.
  • aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ran into this today, tried twice and both times got sent back to start.
  • twfchieftwfchief Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also ran into this problem, tried 4 times with no luck
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah this has been reoprted more thimes then I dare to hazard a guess at and is getting pretty tiring. I think it's about time someone got off their can and finally fixed this stupid problem because this mission has been a joke ever since it came out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • ridantonridanton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Add me to this list. Just finished the 5th run of it and ever single time I get to Bajor it goes right back to the beginning. "Disarming Diplomats - Go to Deep Space 9".

I've re-run it without dropping the mission and with dropping the mission. Prior to this I had completed it I'd guess about 15 times across various characters. This is the first time I've gotten this bug. If it's of any help the character in question is KDF, Ferasan to be specific.

While writing this I came up with a question. Can this be completed in the DS9 system BEFORE it makes you warp out?

I'm going to re-run it once more to find out. If that works I'll let everyone know. Still this needs fixed ASAP, this mission is months old now, and I recall seeing multiple threads back when it was released about this bug. It's completely unacceptable for a mission this old to still have a mission breaking bug this bad.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Bumping again. I've completed the mission twice before, worked just fine. Now all of a sudden in the last two days it's doing the exact same thing to me as everyone else described. Go through the whole mission, then "Begin Second Wave-Go to DS9." Very frustrating.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • ridantonridanton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just finished run #6 to find out if I could complete it before warping out. The answer to that is no. I didn't want to but it seems I have no choice but to skip the mission now. And after 6 runs, I don't think I'll be wanting to do it again for a few months.
  • aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sadly, I need this mission to complete the quest chain for the free EV suit or I wouldn't even bother with this mission on my alt. :mad:
  • shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For anyone else who's having the issue, could you check something I noticed..

The mission tracker shows the mission moving to the next stages and giving the current stage's goals, but if I open my log, it *never* changes from the "Go to DS9" stage of the mission. So, it appears the Mission Tracker updates but the mission in the Log doesn't.

Perhaps that knowledge may help the Devs isolate where the bug is.

• twfchieftwfchief Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    shantavi wrote: »
    For anyone else who's having the issue, could you check something I noticed..

The mission tracker shows the mission moving to the next stages and giving the current stage's goals, but if I open my log, it *never* changes from the "Go to DS9" stage of the mission. So, it appears the Mission Tracker updates but the mission in the Log doesn't.

Perhaps that knowledge may help the Devs isolate where the bug is.

I noticed the same thing, the in-mission tracker updates, but the main log tracker doesnt update once arriving at ds9 to sync with the mission progress. Im playing as Human Fed so if KDF are experiencing the same issues it may not be faction specific and more down to a signal code for arriving at ds9. Maybe a quick check by a dev into that might solve the issue of mission progression?
  • mpflmpfl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just ran through the mission a couple of times and wasn't able to hand it in a single time. Quite frustrating, I want to outfit my entire away team with the Jem'Hadar ground set. I've earned the gun many times over, now!

Oh well, I hear that an MMO based on another popular science fiction franchise is now free to play to a particular level. Might have to give it a shot.
  • kermit1013kermit1013 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ditto - same problems for me - I thought I was just missing some key mission completion button - but no, looks like it's a large scale problem

and sounds like it's been a large scale problem for awhile - theres also a thread in the missions forum for this as well

so yes, add me to the list of bugged and annoyed about it
    There is no correct resolution; it's a test of character.
    James T. Kirk
  • yeialyahyeialyah Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The same for me : I tried it 3 times :(

This is annoying..
  • wrightinentswrightinents Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I encounter the very same problem.
    At first I though it was because I was unable to save all the federation ships, but it seems to be a general bug as far as I can tell from here.
    I finished it for the third time, and while the mission tracker tells me to "Flee Circus - Warp to Bajor", the questlog actually tells me I am at "Second Wave - Disarming Diplomats - Go to Deep Space 9".
    I read on some other thread I should not "warp out", but instead "hail the quest npc from the log" as a bandaid - I do not know if this is actually working for someone else, but since my questlog is stuck at the beginning there is no one I could hail.

I assmune most people here would be pretty happy if we got some kind of workaround or at least a eta on when it will be possible to play through the whole story again?

EDIT:
    I don't know if this is of relevance for finding the error responsible, but the quest does not seem to "save".
    Usuall after I pass a save point I get to "continue Mission AB" if I fly out of the sector, do pvp in betwenn, etc... but in this case I always only get the option to "Begin: Second Wave" - even though I definetly passed savepoints.
  • shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Another thing I noticed.

The mission *does* complete in a group for the character it would not work with solo.

So, until an actual fix comes around, the workaround seems to be 'do it in a group'.

• stocaptaindatastocaptaindata Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is my reaction on the same topic, please continue there to keep the topics limited

I have the same problem with my federation character, but not with my klingon toon.

The problem I've noticed is that all the way through the beginning, until right before taking the turbolift to the conference room, the mission status says: Second Wave: "disarming diplomats" and the flee circus mentions the same: "disarming diplomats".

If you then take the turbolift, the mission status should mention "conference conflicts" but it doesn't. The mission status still mentions "disarming diplomats" but it should mention "conference conflicts" as in the flee circus. As long as this doens't change, you cannot continue the mission. So don't convince the diplomats, don't fight your way through to the dock and don't battle outside. It won't change a thing. You keep wasting your time.

Once you see that the mission status doesn't change into "conference conflicts", restart or give up.

Why my klingon toon did the job from the first try, I can't tell.

It's sad to see that Second Wave and Cryptic don't even try to solve it, nor do they answer my hails.

This is a link to the walkthrough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v42PutGpUmQ
  • rigel42rigel42 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    shantavi wrote: »
    Another thing I noticed.

The mission *does* complete in a group for the character it would not work with solo.

So, until an actual fix comes around, the workaround seems to be 'do it in a group'.

Not for me. The other two team members got a complete (both of em for a second+ time) but not I. Hasn't worked solo for 3 other tries either.
  • quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah just started this game like 2 weeks ago got to this mission and I have completed it 5 times now with no luck. The last 2 times after the initial 3 was just trying a few things that have been mentioned here. It is kind of disappointing that they can't seem to fix it. I was really getting into this game. I just quit 2 other games that are full of glitches like this. So now to search the forums and see how many it has and decide if I want to keep playing and to spend money on it or not. I realize all games have glitches; it is the customer support part that is the key. I just got burned by other game companies spending money and never getting any support at all. I realize you can skip the mission...but if you can't play it they need to take it out and move the mission "prizes" to the mission before it, like a double bonus or something. Actually i like following the story line so hopefully they will fix it. It has sure stopped my game play in the mean time. Guess I might come back to it in a few days and try again. Sorry for the wall of text - Just trying to get my point across......
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It is actually resetting before warping to Bajor.... the window showing the stage you are on says "Flee Circus..... Warp to Bajor", but the mission description itself above says you are back on the disarming diplomats stage.

If you fly back to the station before warping out, the station is friendly with all turrets intact....
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Yeah this has been reoprted more thimes then I dare to hazard a guess at and is getting pretty tiring. I think it's about time someone got off their can and finally fixed this stupid problem because this mission has been a joke ever since it came out...
    If it was really that simple, It'd be done already. Perhaps you'd like to do it yourself?

And a diplomacy-heavy mission, something the players have wanted for awhile, is not a joke. Plus, the voices were interesting.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tried to complete this mission 5-7 times over the last two days, but the mission never completes. When I do finish the mission it just starts me over again. Would like to get this mission complete so I can get the reward and complete the set.
  • whaleco1whaleco1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You can add me to the list of ppl who are trying to finish this quest without any luck... :(
  • roo77roo77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The list keeps getting bigger! Count me in on this and i'm like many who haven't got the accolades from completing the chain....

Even tried killing the dominion fleet by the wormhole (after completing mission objectives).. that didn't help.. but it was a laugh!
  • wilsoncutter001wilsoncutter001 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I may have found the resolution to this problem.....

I too ran into the same issue that everyone else had during my first run. The one thing I remembered clearly was that the initial "report to captain Andrews" Ops message had never cleared thru the entire episode.

I decided to try a flow chart method to the mission. I will not go into great detail now as I want to complete the mission first but.... my initial findings suggest that you should not start the mission from sector space.

When given the choice, DO NOT select "Begin Second Wave", instead SELECT "Approach Deep Space 9".

When the DS 9 Space map loads, dock at the station as usual.

When you beam onto the station the OPs message asking you to report to Andrews will appear, at this time DO SELECT "Begin Second Wave".

ILYK how it turns out....
    :confused:
  • haelishaelis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Done this mission 6 times now. Resets every time. Come on this is ridiculous. I have 12 toons, 10 of them have already completed this mission. Now with Season 6 it breaks along with hundreds of other things. :( Do you even have a quality control division?
    And I'm old, not dead.
    If your're so smart how come you don't own everything? :D
    Proud Member of Starfleet Elite Task Force & Klingon Elite Task Force for 4 yrs
  • freemason621freemason621 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just performed this mission too. I was upset to find that it didn't resolve.

I remember the issue when the mission first went live when it was part of an episode and I was able to resolve at that time.

I'm not going to even try again...
  • toralantoralan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Bumping. This happens to my Federation character (had no trouble with my Klingon) and the mission progresses all through negotiations and the battle on the station to the space battle to the warp to Bajor, but the mission does not update, so when I get to Bajor, there's nothing to do.

Am I missing a trigger point somehow?
  • telhamtelham Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I too ran into the same issue that everyone else had during my first run. The one thing I remembered clearly was that the initial "report to captain Andrews" Ops message had never cleared thru the entire episode.

I decided to try a flow chart method to the mission. I will not go into great detail now as I want to complete the mission first but.... my initial findings suggest that you should not start the mission from sector space.

When given the choice, DO NOT select "Begin Second Wave", instead SELECT "Approach Deep Space 9".

When you beam onto the station the OPs message asking you to report to Andrews will appear, at this time DO SELECT "Begin Second Wave".

I noticed the same as well, the initial message doesn't clear from your mission log.

However in my about 7 tries yesterday, my first attempt was done like your final attempt.
    I approached DS9, got some stuff from vault, put some stuff on exchange then started the mission. I guess you lucked out somehow
  • toralantoralan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I tried this and unfortunately, it did not work. Once I went up to the conference room, Disarming Diplomats should have ended and Engaging Envoys should have started. Good thought though.

I issued a GM ticket (since they tend to reply to those), but the number disappeared and my chat got cleared, so sadly I did not get the ticket number for anyone to refer to.
  • jamesmaxwell2jamesmaxwell2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *sigh* Bump. I have repeated this mission 4 times now, and I get the same result as pretty much everyone else.

@trek21: It is a joke. True a 'heavily diplomatic mission' was needed but it surely didn't need the poor voice acting. Seriously. If they're going to do voice acting, get REAL voice actors and get an expert to write the script better. Otherwise, don't do it at all. Part where Kurland goes "Andrews? Andrews!" and then "Someone answer me? What's going on?" who ever did his voice fails. First Andrews is concern, then the second is more 'demanding' like, 'I gave you an order!' than 'Please say something!'. Honestly, Sisko would done the job 10xs better than Kurland.

Anyways, @wilsoncutter001: I am going to try what you suggest but I am going to spam the TRIBBLE out of 'report to Commander Andrews' until the dam Initial message finally clears.