Options

Reputation System broke

2»

Comments

• Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another quick update:

Our Engineers are about 95% certain that projects reporting this issue on the UI will still complete when their 40 hour timers have ran.

There is also a functional workaround, where running an Elite Mark turn-in project under the Omega Reputation appears to "kick start" these frozen projects into their proper state.

As I said before, we're still investigating a true Software-based fix for the issue, but these workarounds may help folks that are experiencing the issue, until that fix can be pushed to
    Holodeck.

I don't think this is correct. I had some missions that would have reached 40 hours last night. They are still stuck in "finishing" mode.

What is an elite mark turn in project?
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    indyshark wrote: »
    What is an elite mark turn in project?

Where you turn in 5 Borg Neural Processors, obtained through Elite difficulty runs of STFs, and get 1000 Dilithium in return.
  • Options
    brickyardbrickyard Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sure, turn in 5 Neurals to get stuff working? ROFL :P
    P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh! :D
  • Options
    zdenka1970zdenka1970 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is also a functional workaround, where running an Elite Mark turn-in project under the Omega Reputation appears to "kick start" these frozen projects into their proper state.

it did work, it did fix both reputation systems, the Romulan and Omega rep system

the only problem there is, if the char/account dont fly elite STFs, he will be stuck now, in a BNC upgrade project, because he dont get 5 BNCs for the 1k dil upgrade project

so he cant upgrade to the next tier soon

so i did kinda 'waste' 5 BNCs now for this great patch, thanks ...
    or i had to wait days, weeks, years for a fix, and lose time

Z
  • Options
    somriksomrik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Uh log in log back out? Has that been tried yes? I had the same problem with one of the Romulan projects but re logging seemed to fix it.
  • Options
    cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In my active projects the commodity items that were completely filled before now appear to be not filled. The Contribute button for both commodities are shown but only 1 of them is active.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    cruzist wrote: »
    In my active projects the commodity items that were completely filled before now appear to be not filled. The Contribute button for both commodities are shown but only 1 of them is active.

Which project?
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Any chance of getting the starbase upgrade project "station personnel officer on starbase" working too? This has been stuck since season 7 came out now and this patch was supposed to fix it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Omega and Romulus Reputation system is now broke for me. It says Remaining: Finishing and Progress 128%.

So I can't drop the project or start a new one. Just great

same for me, all stuck
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Which project?
    New Romulus Support Colonization Efforts and Send Supplies and TF Omega Submit Research Materials and File Situation Report.
  • Options
    gunnynew19gunnynew19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi, you all can fix this thing, but you must have 5 neural processors, you only have to start one special project than all other will instantly be ready for new starting, they are instantly finished
  • Options
    mrspeirsmrspeirs Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012

i have the same thing ,.. with all projects, and only with commodoties, hypo's / shield regen and the major regenerators.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The whole game is on the fritz it won't stay connected longer than 5 seconds to even give accurate statements on what is and isn't broken right now.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    mrspeirs wrote: »
    i have the same thing ,.. with all projects, and only with commodoties, hypo's / shield regen and the major regenerators.
    Yes, just the commodities. The Marks and Expertise are indicated as filled. Also, I tried adding commodities with the Contribute button, but that doesn't work. I believe the number of commodities shown in the progress bar is off, but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Our engineers are on the issue, and actively seeking a solution. We'll update you all as soon as we have something concrete. Progress has already been made, though.

The cause of this appears to be projects that had <20 hours remaining on their countdown timers, when the requirements were reduced from 40 hours to 20 hours.

In the back of my mind, I was wondering if the Project system's code was robust enough to handle that. I should have expect a snafu like that. Programming involve time is the more difficult. things to handle. Almost no one who does this once in a while ever get's it right the first time. (Like assuming time remaining will always be greater then or equal to zero.

I know this because I developed and used to dveloper doctor appointment systems. You have to assume anything and everything WILL, not could, WILL happen. Because if it can happen it will. And pulling hair out for a job scheduler for a billing systems would would only schedule the next job if the today's job ran (which it didn't have the time).

Hrm. And an easy no new code fix would be do a database update to set all "running" projects to zero duration remaining. The code fix can then be done in a more leisurely manner.
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Which project?

scorpionblue fighter broken can't deposit fighter and have blue fighter
  • Options
    mrspeirsmrspeirs Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well i just relogged and its all fine for me now, the rep system is back to normal for me after being out of the game for about 20min.
  • Options
    metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    same for me, all stuck

There is a new fix for this coming next patch Vortices has posted about it in another thread :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    Yes, just the commodities. The Marks and Expertise are indicated as filled. Also, I tried adding commodities with the Contribute button, but that doesn't work. I believe the number of commodities shown in the progress bar is off, but I'm not sure.

This sounds like the issue that's listed in the patch notes as a Known Issue. If the requirement is shown as being completed, you can safely ignore the lit-up Contribute button. Fill the other requirements, and the project should kick off its timer.
    Known Issue:

Some of the Reputation projects had their requirements lowered.
    Players that had more than the new required amount of Commodities, Hypos, and other items already contributed in Reputations, will see their "Contribute" button still available, but be unable to Contribute.
    This is a display issue only, and can be ignored if the requirement for that item has already been met.
    Clicking on the Contribute button will not result in any action being taken, and it can be safely ignored if the main UI is showing that the requirements have been met for that field.
    It will clear itself up once that project is completed.
    This will not occur for future projects, unless requirements are again lowered in a future patch.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One Sec please are the patch notes correct and only tiers 1 and 2 are now 20 hours? Or is the new S7 update correct and all gates are now 20 hours long?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm confident that is it. Thank you.
  • Options
    hyugh2hyugh2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've posted this in the Gameplay Bugs forum now.

Original Post:

My omega reputation is stuck at Tier 0. Trying to complete an "Elite Special Task Force Completion" upgrade with 4/5 neural processors already submitted. I earned the last one, and when I try to contribute it... nothing happens.

I can not seem to fix or finish this. Logging in or out doesn't do a trick. I filed a GM ticket in-game, and the reply said they were aware of it and it was a known issue, and that there was a workaround available. The workaround didn't work (queue this same project up again and complete the project - still nothing).

Now I have no projects available and cannot achieve Tier 1.

Anything I can do or am I doomed to wait this one out?